As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West Coast Train Trip 2009: Director's Cut

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Scoota wrote: »
    Sorry if this was answered already, but how exactly were we going to get from the train station to the hotels near PAX?

What was the address of the actual train station in Seattle we're getting off at? I've got like 10 busses that go next to my hotel, I could probably just hop on one of those...

many many cabs

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We will build a grand army of cabs.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry if this was answered already, but how exactly were we going to get from the train station to the hotels near PAX?

What was the address of the actual train station in Seattle we're getting off at? I've got like 10 busses that go next to my hotel, I could probably just hop on one of those...

aye, many cabs for most..

for some, like myself staying at the Hostel across the street from the train station, it's a short walk, then a cab ride to catch up with the Bar Crawl that will be in progress.

tek on
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We will build a grand army of cabs.

Will anyone else want to split one to the Pike Place Market? I don't remember if anyone else ever came forward as staying at the Green Tortoise (or having an insatiable craving for Bawls at all hours of the day and night).

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh i meant to bring this up on Monday but i didn't . . so i'll do it now. ..my brother(many of you know him as rafterman, our embedded "photographer") just turned 21 :winky: . . . that is all.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh i meant to bring this up on Monday but i didn't . . so i'll do it now. ..my brother(many of you know him as rafterman, our embedded "photographer") just turned 21 :winky: . . . that is all.

Is he still a total wuss when it comes to booze?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Has anyone got Mario Kart Wii? Someone should bring it so we have more than just Brawl to play on the Wii.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TNTrooper wrote: »

he's yet to try any . . . but has expressed a willingness to do so . . .

GR_Zombie wrote: »
    Has anyone got Mario Kart Wii? Someone should bring it so we have more than just Brawl to play on the Wii.
    if it is needed i can bring it along as well as 3 gamecube controllers . .. (man i hope my suitcase can fit all what i need to bring this year)
    minor note: one of the controllers has a broken start button which needs to be pressed with a narrow object like a pen or a lollipop stick

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Are we talking "he's never drunk seriously" or "he's never touched a drop in his life"? If it's the latter, I don't know whether to be dumbfounded or impressed. Probably a bit of both, really.

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    MoreGrease wrote: »

Are we talking "he's never drunk seriously" or "he's never touched a drop in his life"? If it's the latter, I don't know whether to be dumbfounded or impressed. Probably a bit of both, really.
    the latter . . . i'm actually not sure what to start him on that won't put him off it entirely . . . it's got to be something that tastes really good.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

the latter . . . i'm actually not sure what to start him on that won't put him off it entirely . . . it's got to be something that tastes really good.

Like I said a wuss.

The Taphouse only got 160 beers at least 1 of these will result in him making a fool out of himself.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Like I said a wuss.

The Taphouse only got 160 beers at least 1 of these will result in him making a fool out of himself.
    one can only hope

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have a friend Kyle who just turned 21 who will be on the train and will be staying in our hotel block with Torie and Rob. Just FYI. He probably won't know many people until Tweeker and Qapf board, but I know you guys will make him feel welcome.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm a pretty novice drinker despite being 24. I love beer. I hate hard liquor and I've never been drunk. Only been buzzed twice.

Good thing I'm hosting the party/dinner at a place with 160 beers. lol.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Michelle and I are staying at the Grand Hyatt - ideally I'd like to share a cab with someone so as to minimalize the cost, considering I am So Fucking Broke Right Now I'm Not Even Kidding.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    causaboncausabon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    King Street Station
    301 S. Jackson St.

There are more buses than you can count running through the intersection of 4th and Jackson.

causabon on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Michelle and I are staying at the Grand Hyatt - ideally I'd like to share a cab with someone so as to minimalize the cost, considering I am So Fucking Broke Right Now I'm Not Even Kidding.
    I'm staying at the Hyatt as well, and I'm going to be down for splitting a cab. Last year, the prospect of walking to the hotel or even waiting for a bus with my luggage was unbearable.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Good call.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    EmoAppleEmoApple Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    Just a note, if you are bringing people who have never drank before and they plan on drinking, please keep an eye on them, nobody wants to babysit a bunch of slobbering, puking, inebriated young adults! Oh man I've been in that position before though...

EmoApple on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    In an effort to try and be less broke, I'll be bringing some PAL (UK/EU/AUS) GameCube games on the train to sell, along with a copy of the GameCube Freeloader. These won't work with a US Wii at all - I've been testing them on and off for the last year ro so trying to find ways of tricking my American Wii into running them and I've finally given up. I've actually re-purchased a few of them.

That said, they will work with an American GameCube (and, of course, a UK/European/Australian GameCube or Wii), provided it's not the pearl-coloured GameCube from the end of the console's life cycle. Basically if your console came bundled with Mario Smash Football/Super Mario Strikers it's not going to work.

Here's a complete list of what I'll have to sell:
    • Battalion Wars ($10)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition ($20)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures ($20)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ($15)
    • Mario Kart: Double Dash!! ($10)
    • Metroid Prime II: Echoes ($10)
    • Resident Evil ($10)
    • Serious Sam: Next Encounter ($10) [Due to an interesting programming glitch, this game actually will work with an American Wii]
    • FreeLoader boot disc ($5)
    If someone wants to buy the lot I'll sell for $75 - what a bargain!

I also have a couple of PAL PSone/PS2 games to sell. I've no idea of how to get these running on an American system so you're on your own there, but they will run on a PAL console if you have one.
    • Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ($10)
    • Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings [PSone] ($6)
    • Rayman [PSone] ($6)
    • Silent Hill [PSone] ($6)
    • The Silent Hill Collection [Silent Hill 2, 3 + 4] ($20)
    • Worms Pinball [PSone] ($6)
    Or you can have the lot for $40.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DnD post updated with info on Nth Level game - now 9th level.

Weenog42 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    From the site I found the story on...
    It slices. It dices. It takes passengers from LAX to SEA... It's the amazing Coast Starlight!

Amtrak Train Slices Tomato Trailer In Half

Jesse James was on this particular Coast Starlight too..
    4170.1250200620.jpg
    Happened on the 19th of August..heh

More Puns:
    Maybe the train was behind schedule and was just trying to ketch-up.
    That pun doesn't pass muster-d!

tek on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    See, what you've done there is give me an excuse to post this:

Bonk!

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Would Amtrak let me bring on a big box full of tomatoes? It's not like they blow up like bananas.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Whew. Good thing they hit a tomato truck. If they'd hit a garlic truck, that smell might still be there next week!

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    See, what you've done there is give me an excuse to post this:

Bonk!

I'll raise you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

Also, starting to pack up!

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    bookofnerdsbookofnerds Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Damn, I'm dreading the packing. I always feel that I'm forgetting something and I usually am.

bookofnerds on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've been making a list for the past week or so in Word and constantly adding to it when I remember things.

Also, that Slap Chop remix was fucking amazing. Well done, Arikado.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Can I still get in on the lvl 1 DnD game? And will I need to bring anything to play it? I have the core books, but I've never played.
    edit: christ I'm going blind.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Can I still get in on the lvl 1 DnD game? And will I need to bring anything to play it? I have the core books, but I've never played.

Sounds like your character should get a -2 to perception checks. :P

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Sounds like your character should get a -2 to perception checks. :P

badum-tsh

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That Slap Chop remix is remark-credibly awesometacular sauce... pan.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Who's already packed, bags by the door, waiting to catch a ride to the train station?

tek on
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    tek wrote: »
    Who's already packed, bags by the door, waiting to catch a ride to the train station?

Ha! I haven't even got the cookies baked yet and I'm willing to bet those will be half my luggage. As far as I've gotten has been making a mental list of games I want to take.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Probably going to pack my games suitcase tonight sometime. Still need to condense down Dominion so I get that approx 600 cubic inches back.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    just got back from vegas . . . packing for PAX will now commence.

i've acquired a twister mat, no spinner though . .. may have to fashion my own. hope everything will fit. . .
    who is bringing jenga?

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Don't forget your Rock band drum kick pedal!

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can bring Jenga.

Arco on
  • Options
    EugalEugal United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    woo its about time to leave LA its all fucking burning up anyways. Fires are like 5 miles from my house all i can smell is smoke.

Eugal on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Shit, dude. Nice timing for the train to roll through and carry you to the rainy promised land of Seattle.

Arco on
This discussion has been closed.