Options

Michael Steele continues to be utterly ineffective.

2»

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2009
    Hey, jackasses who want to talk about Not Michael Steel: Get your thread.

This one is about: Michael Steel!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I do wonder if Steele will be tasked with defending Ensign's or Sanford's peccadilloes.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    gigEsmallsgigEsmalls __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I do wonder if Steele will be tasked with defending Ensign's or Sanford's peccadilloes.

He should do the opposite and force those guys to go join the Democrats. l

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Fox already labeled Sanford as a Democrat. Ensign is probably just a matter of time.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    gigEsmalls wrote: »

I don't get it.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    MelokuMeloku Ask me about my Illusions Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

The democrats are defenders of extramarital affairs (they aren't).

Steele tries to make people join an opposing party (he doesn't).

In fact, the more I read it, the less sense I can make of it. It's just dumb.

Meloku on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

...giving the other side more votes seems counter-productive.

You do know how this works right?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Doesn't Steele not even control funding decisions anymore anyway?

He's only still the titular head of the RNC because the republican party was smart enough to avoid voting no confidence and replacing him with the kindler, gentler David Duke 2.0.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    gigEsmallsgigEsmalls __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009

Political parties are brands. You have a bad product and it can tarnish the whole brand. Bush tarnished the shit out of the GOP for example and we saw how that turned out.

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Political parties are brands. You have a bad product and it can tarnish the whole brand. Bush tarnished the shit out of the GOP for example and we saw how that turned out.

Then the GOP's expiration date is way past due

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Political parties are more than brands. People leaving a party or being forced out, while they're being criticized for various acrimonious actions, does not make that party more popular.

There's also the part where Ensign and Sanford disagree with virtually everything in the Democratic platform.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    To be fair, that doesn't make them that different from the Blue Dogs does it?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    To be fair, that doesn't make them that different from the Blue Dogs does it?
    Sorta.

Then again, the Blue Dogs are kind of what the Republicans should be aiming for if they want to return to relevance sometime in the next decade.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Blue Dogs agree with some of the party's platform. Republicans agree with none of it.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Uhh...

Steele: "ENSIGN! SANFORD! YOU SUCK, GO JOIN THE DEMOCRATS!"

Sanford & Ensign: "Uhh.... no."

Steele: "DEMOCRATS, YOU NOW HAVE SANDFORD AND ENSIGN! THEY ARE NOW DEMOCRATS! SUCKS TO BE YOU!"

Democrats: "Uhh.... no."

gigEsmalls: "MWA HA HA JUST AS PLANNED!!!"

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You have to admit, the entertainment value would be pretty high.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, really, politics is pretty much exactly like a reality TV show, with the party chairmen functioning as the hosts/leaders. Forcing two players onto the other team ought to stir things up a bit.

Duffel on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Michael Steele got to learn the definition of nuanced on NPR today. Hooray for learning.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That NPR clip really underlines a big issue with the GOP. They can scream and yell about new spending but socialized programs that are already there they can't and won't speak out against existing ones.

Remind me of how much(prior to being president) Reagan spoke out against Medicare.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Michael Steele got to learn the definition of nuanced on NPR today. Hooray for learning.

Wow. He literally does not know what the word "nuanced" means.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man, now we're going to have to fight a war over the word "nuanced."

"I think that's a nuanced argument-"
    "HOW DARE YOU?!!"

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    "I'm not trying to be nuanced..."

No shit, Mike? REALLY?

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We don't have time to be nuanced! We are going to write this bill with a CANNON!

KalTorak on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    embarassing

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    We don't have time to be nuanced! We are going to write this bill with a CANNON!
    A cannon built by Private Enterprise* and loaded with Democracy!

*May or may not include massive gubermint subsidies.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    And I love (I just finished the whole clip) how he plugs a government prescription drug program started under Bush as proof that the Private Enterprise* option is the only way to go.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    And I love (I just finished the whole clip) how he plugs a government prescription drug program started under Bush as proof that the Private Enterprise* option is the only way to go.

Remember, government is only the problem if it's from the Democrats.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That government program was a massive giveaway to the pharma companies

government programs are ok as long as they're giving things to big corporations.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That's great.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    He took a compliment as an insult because for some reason he considers nuance to be a four letter word.

You couldn't write this stuff.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And he just skipped over the low-hanging use of the term "black-and-white"...

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

That just means he's learning delegation

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/5617
    U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, a Kansas Republican, is apologizing for using a racially tinged metaphor to talk about the future of the Republican Party.
    Jenkins spoke at an Aug. 19 town hall meeting in Hiawatha.
    Republicans are struggling right now to find the great white hope. I suggest to any of you who are concerned about that, who are Republican, there are some great young Republican minds in Washington.
    Jenkins named three possible "sharp" leaders. All are white: U.S. representatives Eric Cantor of Virginia, Kevin McCarthy of California and Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.
    "Great White Hope" is a idiom coined originally for the hypothetical white boxer that racists hoped would emerged to defeat the first black heavyweight champion boxer and has subsequently been used in similar contexts when an African American had gained notoriety and needed to be taken down a peg.

Now in this particular case I'm willing to lean towards "insensitive mistake" instead of "intentional codeword" but its kinda damning considering she was talking about finding the young Republican leader to take on and defeat the first African American President.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PantsB wrote: »

U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, a Kansas Republican, is apologizing for using a racially tinged metaphor to talk about the future of the Republican Party.
    Republicans are struggling right now to find the great white hope. I suggest to any of you who are concerned about that, who are Republican, there are some great young Republican minds in Washington.
    Jenkins named three possible "sharp" leaders. All are white: U.S. representatives Eric Cantor of Virginia, Kevin McCarthy of California and Paul Ryan of Wisconsin.
    "Great White Hope" is a idiom coined originally for the hypothetical white boxer that racists hoped would emerged to defeat the first black heavyweight champion boxer and has subsequently been used in similar contexts when an African American had gained notoriety and needed to be taken down a peg.

Now in this particular case I'm willing to lean towards "insensitive mistake" instead of "intentional codeword" but its kinda damning considering she was talking about finding the young Republican leader to take on and defeat the first African American President.

To be fair, what young Republican leader isn't white?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That government program was a massive giveaway to the pharma companies

government programs are ok as long as they're giving things to big corporations.

unless those corporations are car companies.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    moniker wrote: »

Considering she was suggesting looking for them in Washington? None of them.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    moniker wrote: »

Bobby Jindal, though he's not in Washington.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jenkins is a fucking crazyperson. She wasn't my Rep, but I met her as part of a school function.

When they talk about wide-eyed crazies, she's the image that I see.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Jenkins is a fucking crazyperson. She wasn't my Rep, but I met her as part of a school function.

So this picture isn't a fluke?
    alg_rep-lynn-jenkins.jpg
    (She's got crazy in them there eyes)

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

So this picture isn't a fluke?
    alg_rep-lynn-jenkins.jpg
    (She's got crazy in them there eyes)
    Terrifyingly representative, actually.

mug_Lynn_Jenkins_t640.jpg

Just thinking about the fact that she's "helping" write laws sends a chill down my spine.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Good lord, I think that second model was used as Andariel's model for Diablo 2.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.