As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-phalla] The Asylum; The spirits of the Asylum win!

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arivia's just angry because she's on her period.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    Doesn't it look like Psolms has been losing weight? I hear he purges.

losing weight?!?

im the biggest and the strongest!

I have a friend of a friend who's cousin is Mel Gibson's long lost twin who says that's not what your girlfriend says.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I believe that there is something weird going on with these posts. Not that you care. I'm just saying. It doesn't seem like there is much point in having the vote end in a tie. If it's clear for one or the other, we could test out and see if anything is different with the kills. I know it's not a great idea but it might be worth trying I guess, if you want.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What the hell did I get myself into? Why did I agree to come back here...

Kill Houn.

Go away.

Kill him! You should be in his place. You are stronge r than he is. You are more competent.

But I'm not as sane.

Kill him! You hate him! He kept you in squalor, forcing you to fight for your survival.

He made me strong.

Then use That strength to kill him!

Leave me alone.

Why? Why won't you kill him?

Because you want me to.

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    NO! Don't split up! Haven't you seen those horror movies?! This is the worst possible idea!

Oh no......

Then why not stick with everybody else. Those pussy horror movies don't scare me. Maybe you can stick with kuhlmeye and keep an eye on him. Me? I'm going to find out what the heck is going on.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah...you're right Arivia. This isn't a horror movie...nothing bad is going to happen to us?

Right? Oh, I don't know...I hope we find him...even if he was kind of a dick.

...where are you?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dear God, we're all going to die!!! Help us! Help us!

Ebfan on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh god, we're stuck! WE'RE STUCK! STUCK WITH A MURDERER!
    ONE OF YOU IS BAD, BAAAADDDD!

Now whose it is? Who is a killer? Is it you psolms, I think it's you I saw you sometimes in the girls toilet someone who goes there is of bad intent!
    But if this is the case that girls toiled spells trouble, then Arivia is a girl, SHE'S WORSE BECAUSE SHE WAS BORN TO USE THE GIRLS TOILET!

But see, it's natural, this killer is unnatural!
    But COOTIES!
    Good point! Then The_Reflection! He had cooties too, as a MALE!
    Oooohhh nasty! But wasn't Reflection close to us? Would the killer be in hiding?

MAybe, maybe not!
    I'm not sure myself! Not sure who is the killer!

So YOU ARE THE KILLER?
    Wha? No, Faynor probably is!

But you said You were Not Sure, who is the killer!
    This is an awful joke, and there's no time for these!
    Oh, alright. What about shalmelo then? With such a name he's probably up to no good!
    HIS NAME IS THE SOUND OF MANY UNSPEAKABLE SYLLABES OUT OF COMPREHENSION!
    Err...

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Julius Caezure is acting weird. One of him at least.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey, Dac Vin, how was your vagina surgery?

I heard you saw Faynor there.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    NO! Don't split up! Haven't you seen those horror movies?! This is the worst possible idea!

Oh no......

Have you ever seen those horror movies where everyone pisses off like the killer's second cousin and that's why they start to get killed? But, you know, they only figure it out when they're down to Paris Hilton's BFF #3 because they're that stupid and because the killer can't kill everyone at once? No? Neither have I, BFF #3.

Would you PLEASE. SHUT. THE FUCK. UP. This is not a horror movie, and you're not helping!

God, you're a little neurotic.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

HE'S THE KILLER
    LEAVE ME ALONE YOU COGBLIGHT!

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dac Vin just hasn't been the same since he put his mother on perpetual speakerphone.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dac Vin just hasn't been the same since he put his mother on perpetual speakerphone.

Misogyny. Fantastic.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    For christ's sake can you all just man up. This is reminding me of back when I was overseas. One little blackout and all of you start pissing yourselves. At least some of you anyway by the smell of it. You all need to take a page out of my book and just steel yourselves to this sort of shit.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER KILLER
    I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY, YOU'RE OUT FOR ME RIGHT? DON'T APPROACH ME, DON'T TALK TO ME, I WILL HEADBUTT YOU IF YOU DO.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Zellpher wrote: »
    I believe that there is something weird going on with these posts. Not that you care. I'm just saying.

I...think I know what you mean. We didn't use to act like this, right? We're all different people but we got along....and now we're arguing constantly. Could it be this place...causing this?

I'm not sure, this is all so confusing and scary...

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I believe that there is something weird going on with these posts. Not that you care. I'm just saying.

I...think I know what you mean. We didn't use to act like this, right? We're all different people but we got along....and now we're arguing constantly. Could it be this place...causing this?

I'm not sure, this is all so confusing and scary...

idk my bff jill

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Everyone's talking to themselves, everyone's being all wacky with the fucking pink fonts and goddamn Malkavian bullshit. Can we PLEASE talk like fucking human beings for TWO MINUTES??!

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Everyone's talking to themselves, everyone's being all wacky with the fucking pink fonts and goddamn Malkavian bullshit. Can we PLEASE talk like fucking human beings for TWO MINUTES??!

There's nothing wacky because there is a killer and he's ONE OF US. HE'S YOU!

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Those are the devil's words.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I heard shalmelo LARPs Vampire! Gross!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Eek! you're scaring me, shalmelo!

No...you're just trying to help us feel less afraid. samurai6966 is just sitting there in the corner, ignoring us. ...could he have been the one who got dick guy?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If what I heard about samurai6966 did behind the Olive Garden is true, that would be rather consistant...

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Get my name out of your fucking mouth. What's your deal, Moriarty? Why are you CONSTANTLY FUCKING NAME DROPPING?

I hate name dropping.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What's bothering you, Faynor? Got something to hide?

I heard you were seen with Samurai behind the Olive Garden.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Psolms is the worst evil person ever.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    D:

I missed a Burnage mini?

:cry:

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Since we're in a fucking insane asylum, I think it's most likely that the goddamn samurai is trying to kill us all. If he's not a motherfucking Section 8, then I don't know what is.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And I just finished reading the OP. Reserve, and if you'll excuse me, I've got about 8 people to hunt down and kill....

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    !I'll just sit here, in front of the doors.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dear Lord, why so much hate for me? I was reading my Bible.
    (I joined a tae kwon do class for 8 weeks. To impress a girl who is in it. I'm going to need God to help me with this.)

Edit: The girl isn't Faynor. It was kime.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Are you allowed to change the target of an ability after you've sent in a target?

Absolutely. Don't go insane or anything, though, I don't want 99 PMs of indecision.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Don't go insane or anything, though.

I'd laugh but...whatever.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Don't go insane or anything, though.

I'd laugh but...whatever.

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.- Ecclesiastes 3:4

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Am I in the right place? Guess so... it's kinda cold and empty back there, though. Do you all mind terribly if I just stick near the rest of you for now? Safety in numbers and all that...

!The_Reflection, won't you be my friend?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I would like to introduce you all to my friend, the Grandfather clock.
    Grandfather_clock_q.jpg

Grandfather clocks as you all know are controlled by a system of gears weights and of course a pendulum but how do they work?

Behold the inner mechanisms of a grandfather clock!
    Longcase_clock_movement.png

Allow me to step you through how this works: the Pendulum P runs in and out of the page in a very cyclical fashion from its pivot Q. The dowel connector at f is actually a sliding holder that translates the arcing motion of the pendulum into a rotational rocking of the dowel a. The wonderful part of a grandfather clock is the Anchor latch, it is actually designed more like a giant set of frozen pincers but it is the genius part of why it works. this latch has two hooks that go into a raised spike gear with an odd number of teeth. The end result is that when one side engages, there is enough of a gap that the gear will move a specific distance and then halt as it hits the anchor. the same thing happens on the other side when the pendulum swings the other way. Pure genius.

Now, the raised gear E is attached directly to the second hand which means that each swing of the pendulum is equal to 1 second which correlates to a period of 2s which is where we get a classic clock pendulum period from. so how does the clock get all of the hands to move in the same direction as the second hand you ask? well lets do the mechanics.

Every time you have a basic gear interaction, the axis will spin in opposite directions. complex gear interactions will result in more complex motion but theres nothing complex about clocks. now, the small gear e is spinning in the same direction as the second hand which means that the larger gear D is spinning in the opposite direction. the ratio of D to e is actually 60:1 which will come into play later. you will notice that the axle for the c gear is actually directly connected to the minute hand. this is what makes the minute hand move 60x slower than the second hand. you will also notice that there is a gear reduction at M to H which connects to the hour hand. this makes the hour hand go 60x slower than the minute hand. hence you have time.

Now, the last part is of course the weights at the bottom. If you look at G, that is actually a massive gear reduction system with internal gears and double axels to ensure that the spool B is the slowest moving part in the clock. the weight hangs off the spool and powers the whole system. how do you ask? well the pendulum is actually just a time regulator, the driving force keeping the pendulum in a constant periodic motion without apparant energy loss is the weights transmitting force through the gear set and up to the anchor latch. the anchor latch actually pushes the pendulum each second giving it that extra energy required to stay regular and not decay. As I said before.... pure genius.

And that is how a grandfather clock works, I hope you have enjoyed this foray into the world of gears and gadgets.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I pray that all my friends aren't hurt tonight. However, the devil walks among us with his army of hellspawn.
    So I ask the God Almighty to smite Rawkking Goodguy as his name is false teachings of the anti-christ.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I would like to introduce you all to my friend, the Grandfather clock.
    Grandfather_clock_q.jpg

Grandfather clocks as you all know are controlled by a system of gears weights and of course a pendulum but how do they work?

Behold the inner mechanisms of a grandfather clock!
    Longcase_clock_movement.png

Allow me to step you through how this works: the Pendulum P runs in and out of the page in a very cyclical fashion from its pivot Q. The dowel connector at f is actually a sliding holder that translates the arcing motion of the pendulum into a rotational rocking of the dowel a. The wonderful part of a grandfather clock is the Anchor latch, it is actually designed more like a giant set of frozen pincers but it is the genius part of why it works. this latch has two hooks that go into a raised spike gear with an odd number of teeth. The end result is that when one side engages, there is enough of a gap that the gear will move a specific distance and then halt as it hits the anchor. the same thing happens on the other side when the pendulum swings the other way. Pure genius.

Now, the raised gear E is attached directly to the second hand which means that each swing of the pendulum is equal to 1 second which correlates to a period of 2s which is where we get a classic clock pendulum period from. so how does the clock get all of the hands to move in the same direction as the second hand you ask? well lets do the mechanics.

Every time you have a basic gear interaction, the axis will spin in opposite directions. complex gear interactions will result in more complex motion but theres nothing complex about clocks. now, the small gear e is spinning in the same direction as the second hand which means that the larger gear D is spinning in the opposite direction. the ratio of D to e is actually 60:1 which will come into play later. you will notice that the axle for the c gear is actually directly connected to the minute hand. this is what makes the minute hand move 60x slower than the second hand. you will also notice that there is a gear reduction at M to H which connects to the hour hand. this makes the hour hand go 60x slower than the minute hand. hence you have time.

Now, the last part is of course the weights at the bottom. If you look at G, that is actually a massive gear reduction system with internal gears and double axels to ensure that the spool B is the slowest moving part in the clock. the weight hangs off the spool and powers the whole system. how do you ask? well the pendulum is actually just a time regulator, the driving force keeping the pendulum in a constant periodic motion without apparant energy loss is the weights transmitting force through the gear set and up to the anchor latch. the anchor latch actually pushes the pendulum each second giving it that extra energy required to stay regular and not decay. As I said before.... pure genius.

And that is how a grandfather clock works, I hope you have enjoyed this foray into the world of gears and gadgets.

My church has a camp for people with Aspberger's.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    My church has a camp for people with Aspberger's.

Jesus loves everyone but you.

Dunadan019 on