As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Swine Flu and PAXSARS

2»

• bookofnerdsbookofnerds Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    NO AXE AT ALL. It's just as bad as BO. If you wear or spray people with Axe, I will literally not like you.

This. Axe body spray is an abomination. Please, please think of your fellow man and leave the can at home. It won't make the ladies swarm all over you like in the commercial and it's very off-putting. Also, Axe body spray is not a substitution for an actual shower, so don't even try.

bookofnerds on
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    NO AXE AT ALL. It's just as bad as BO. If you wear or spray people with Axe, I will literally not like you.

This. Axe body spray is an abomination. Please, please think of your fellow man and leave the can at home. It won't make the ladies swarm all over you like in the commercial and it's very off-putting. Also, Axe body spray is not a substitution for an actual shower, so don't even try.

Literally, it's like the potheads who think patchouli hides the smell. Your target will smell like Axe AND BO. That is not really a win.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Guard the shirt with your life or it may not return to Californialand with you

I'll be fine with loaning out the awesome t-shirt, if a certain person would be fine wearing a mens large...

This shirt arrived today, but I likely won't be wearing it to PAX since I'm not convinced it's "PAX worthy"
    The_Textinatorg0bDetail.png

Completely taking the thread back to topic, last year I got the PAX conSARS, roughly laid me out for a week even though it was the first week of the semester. I hope that my current "sniffles" is something my system is running through to give me some kind of "immunity" against it.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I hate AXE body spray as much as I hate Creed and Nickelback.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Hmm. Finally we have something in common outside of the Arcadia.

But yes, no AXE spray...if you want, do the body wash! Body washing using leads to showers!

Would rather have Febreeze or Lysol on you. Make it smell like mountain fresh or fresh laundry cotton!

All seriousness, deodorant. That's all anyone needs in life.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Wow, I just imagined Nickelback in an AXE commercial. I think a part of my brain just withered and died....

MetaverseNomad on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Eww conSARS. I got it pretty bad last year. Then again, I spent a good part of my time in the free play room.

Wash yo hands! I'm actually going to have to go with Ash on this one. Don't over-use the hand sanitizer. It might kill some germs, but the long term effects could suck plus it doesn't kill the flu since the flu is not alive to kill. It only sanitizes about 40% of it.

And keep your hands away from your face! And don't make out with any hobos!

eye-shuh on
  • bookofnerdsbookofnerds Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    And don't make out with any hobos!

Sound advice for any day of the year.

bookofnerds on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    nikasaur wrote: »
    Use. Deodorant.

2nd PAX, we had bottles of Axe that we sneakily sprayed on the more PUNGENT con-goers. If anyone remembers the first PAX's enclosed console room.... yyyyeah.

PLEASE DO NOT SPRAY THINGS ON ATTENDEES
    If staff sees you do it... well... the rules are on the badges now and this qualifies under "Dont be a dick"

Would you like some guy hosing you down with something you may be allergic to?
    Even if some guy smells... well... you are at a convention... its just the nature of the beast. You could ask them nicely to go take a shower but meh... not much you can do about it.

Not only that, but Axe doesn't get rid of stink. Axe sits on top of stink and eventually ADDS to stink. You make the problem worse by spraying people with stink-mace.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Guard the shirt with your life or it may not return to Californialand with you

I'll be fine with loaning out the awesome t-shirt, if a certain person would be fine wearing a mens large...

This shirt arrived today, but I likely won't be wearing it to PAX since I'm not convinced it's "PAX worthy"
    The_Textinatorg0bDetail.png

Completely taking the thread back to topic, last year I got the PAX conSARS, roughly laid me out for a week even though it was the first week of the semester. I hope that my current "sniffles" is something my system is running through to give me some kind of "immunity" against it.

It may be the size of a dress on me, but I don't care! Its fucking G.I.Joes!

Jules@Party934.com on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    Use. Deodorant.

2nd PAX, we had bottles of Axe that we sneakily sprayed on the more PUNGENT con-goers. If anyone remembers the first PAX's enclosed console room.... yyyyeah.

If staff sees you do it... well... the rules are on the badges now and this qualifies under "Dont be a dick"

Even if some guy smells... well... you are at a convention... its just the nature of the beast. You could ask them nicely to go take a shower but meh... not much you can do about it.

Not only that, but Axe doesn't get rid of stink. Axe sits on top of stink and eventually ADDS to stink. You make the problem worse by spraying people with stink-mace.

GET YOUR PATCHOULI STINK OUT OF MY PAX!

eye-shuh on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Use. Deodorant.

GET YOUR PATCHOULI STINK OUT OF MY PAX!

Patchouli and 'the Public' have no place ever meeting with eachother.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Use. Deodorant.

This is true of any l'eau-de-toilette, it's meant to add to your natural scent. Now, imagine smelling like a dumpster and spraying on something that adds a light scent of roses...

You get the picture? YOU'RE STILL SMELLING THE DUMPSTER. It just smells a little more flower-y.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Use. Deodorant.

From now on, I will refer to Axe as "stink-mace". It's so right.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The other thing about sprays is that it can affect people with asthma(like me). last year while waiting in line for something (can't remember what) someone sprayed stink-mace and it instantly made it hard for me to breath. I had to leave the building to finally get myself back to normal.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • TheArchonTheArchon Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Paxian Nerd Flu is more dangerous than Avian Bird Flu.

Don't lick the controllers at the demo booths!

TheArchon on
This discussion has been closed.