As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great PAX 2009 Shower and Deodorant Appeal!!!

DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
The purpose of this thread is to make the following two-fold appeal to all PAX attendees:

1. Take a shower daily. Yes, DAILY. No, I don't care how late you were up last night. No, I don't care how many people are in your room and thus not giving you much time in the bathroom. No, I don't care that you didn't bring any towels or washcloths from home. TAKE A SHOWER DAILY. Is the shower in your room occupied, not leaving you enough time to take a shower prior to heading down to PAX? Run up and down your hotel floor, knocking on all the doors until you find someone who will let you take a shower. If you smell half as bad as I know you will, someone might even PAY you to take a shower in their room. Let me repeat myself: TAKE A SHOWER DAILY!

2. Wear antiperspirant/deodorant whether you think you need it or not. For most, one application in the morning will do. But do you sweat more than the average human? Then wear deodorant and reapply as necessary. Yes, shove that deodorant stick or spray in your backpack and if you begin to notice odd stares and/or nose-holding from others, then get to a bathroom, pull that deodorant out, and reapply. What's that? Your mom didn't pack any for you? Buy some. Borrow some. Do whatever you have to do to get deodorant in your possession. Take donations if you have to. In case I wasn't clear, WEAR DEODORANT!

Please, for the sake of yourself and your fellow PAX-attending humans, abide by these two guidelines.

DeusTrinitas on

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Look, we get one of these every year. Let me break it down for you.

There are two types of people

1. Those with proper hygiene who will shower daily and smell good. Many of those people are here on the forum and are already aware of the information you are putting forth.

2. Those who will not shower and smell good. These people stink. There are a few of them, and 99% of them will never read this thread. The 1% that will, won't care about you or your thread and will continue to not shower and smell bad.

Thusly, this thread does little to no good in getting more people to shower. That said, PAX hasn't really had an odor since moving to the WSCTC. There is the occasional stinky human, but all you have to do is move away from said individual and your nose shall be spared.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.