As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    than hates my guuuuutssssss

good thing you're guts aren't making the game then?

He'll either say yes or no, go from there.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh no!

Raneados on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Phalla is the only thing that has restrictions specifically.

So long as you're not using multiple threads above and beyond those allowed in the CF rules, you're fine.

Just start a thread with your system and make it a playtest and you're all set, no permission should be necessary.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So peeps are you pretty understanding when it comes to minis? I was thinking of trying something out before my main. Since I've never hosted. But I wanted to see how understanding people generally are.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    So peeps are you pretty understanding when it comes to minis? I was thinking of trying something out before my main. Since I've never hosted. But I wanted to see how understanding people generally are.

Most important thing as a host is to execute well.

Don't abandon a game, don't make constant mistakes, be fair and consistent, etc.

If you do that, even if the mechanics themselves end up being poor, people will blame the game, not the host. That's what's important. People typically understand that games can be broken and that not everyone is a master at balancing / foresight.

Never hurts to get someone to look over your game before starting, though. :)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It can be one of the most terrifying and exciting things, running a game. I would offer to go over your game, but I would also want to play. So have Infy or Spectrum help you out. If you want.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It can be hard to get the game balance perfect.

It shouldn't be hard to get the host side of things working. Just the small details like listing narrations in the OP, listing clarifications, having clear and concise role PMs, etc will make everyone's life much easier. Basically, the thing I always preach, production values.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    It can be hard to get the game balance perfect.

It shouldn't be hard to get the host side of things working. Just the small details like listing narrations in the OP, listing clarifications, having clear and concise role PMs, etc will make everyone's life much easier. Basically, the thing I always preach, production values.

That so much. I messed up a few games by poorly worded roles.

I'm willing to help out any way you want Egos. I'm liking the host side of phalla a little more then playing right now. Just remember people think a lot of my game are broken. So I'm more of a what not to do.:lol:

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'd be ready to run a main shortly, but it's probably sensible to put it off until the tail end of January in case management, in their infinite wisdom, decide I need to work a few key nights (again). In the meantime anyone with unaired ideas/balance gripes regarding the previous Phallakinetics are more than welcome to PM me their suggestions :)

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Signing up to run Phable: The Lost Phalla. It's ready to roll.

Trees will grow as you progress in the phalla, and it will be the best fucking phalla eve-

*dodges can* Shut up, Molyneux!

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2009
    Just wanted to post this here... probably should have done a game with a couple hour cycles instead of day cycles. But I gambled and lost like the poor gentile I am.

Guardian (bsjezz):
    You are a Balabusta, better known as a very bossy woman. Everybody listens to your hok a chainik because pissing you off is a whole other can of shmutzik that nobody wants to get into. Every night, you can shmooz with one other player, protecting them from harms way but at the same time hindering them from performing any action. PM me with your target for the night.

Seer (ShadowThomas):
    You are a Shadkhen, better known as a professional matchmaker :winky: Given this, you know all of the shiksas and boychicks in the village. Being a maven at your given profession, you can easily pick out the good ones from the schmucks. Every night, you can yell out a kine-ahora to determine that person's role in this game. PM me with your target for the night.

Vigilante (ProfMoriarty):
    You are a Mensch (Vigilante). A noble person who likes to punch schmucks in the shnoz. Every night, you patrol the shtetl and look for nebbish that you can schlock and zetz around. PM me the name of your target and they will die meesa masheena.

Lone Wolf (cj iwakura):
    You are the Luftmensh. Once upon a time you were a noble macher, but years of drug abuse and eating too many bagels has left your head in the clouds. You feel that the village is left in poor direction and filled with shmegegges and nafka. Every night, PM me the name of the nudnik you want to get rid of and they will drop dead. You will win with either the Jews or the Christians as long as you are alive at the end of the game.

Mafia (Daius, Jdarksun, JeebusUD, Izanagi-Okami):
    Merry Christmas! You guys are all about St. Nick. Menorah? Bologna! It's all about Jesus and the Christmas Spirit! Every night, PM me the names of two people and they will die in the name of Santa and Rudolph and I guess the elves too.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Robo!!

Where is my carmen sandiego? :P

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    Just wanted to post this here... probably should have done a game with a couple hour cycles instead of day cycles. But I gambled and lost like the poor gentile I am.

Vigilante (Dunadan016):
    You are a Mensch (Vigilante). A noble person who likes to punch schmucks in the shnoz. Every night, you patrol the shtetl and look for nebbish that you can schlock and zetz around. PM me the name of your target and they will die meesa masheena.

dude.... I wasn't special.....

If I was, I never got a PM telling me I could kill people....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You are not Dunadan016, duh!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Whoops, that's actually ProfMoriarty who was the vigilante. You were his target :)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Robo!!

Where is my carmen sandiego? :P

January! I'm trying to move and also holiday season so I can't really justify hosting a full game until the end of the month.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    Whoops, that's actually ProfMoriarty who was the vigilante. You were his target :)

Glorious.

Burnage on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You could have just had the game moved to CF, you know. :(

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    You could have just had the game moved to CF, you know. :(
    Eh, it was for the best. I would have won anyway. :mrgreen:

I was onto you.*

*not really

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've got the OP and roles all mapped out for my game and it's ready to go, but with the big holidays coming up should we really be running a main soon or not? I fear for the level of inactivity.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That and we may well still have the Christmas Interruptus.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I'm more concerned about the traditional Holiday Forum activity than a lack of players. I advised adventfalls of this, and I'll leave the final judgment up to you, but the usual game length of 7 to 10 days will run into the traditional Holiday Forum time. This is even more risky, considering that TrueNeverborn's endgame has been delayed a couple days. My advice is to wait until the New Year to start the next game. Hopefully, this should also provide enough time to allow other people to get their games ready as well.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    *reads what MrBlarney just said*

I suppose I'll wait until then. I'm relatively new, so... is there only a Hanukkah holiday forum, or is there also a Christmas one?

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    *reads what MrBlarney just said*

I suppose I'll wait until then. I'm relatively new, so... is there only a Hanukkah holiday forum, or is there also a Christmas one?

Usually there's a Christmas Forum that lasts for an indeterminate amount of time, but there was a Hanukkah Forum this year which shook up the normal expectations. It is unknown what the rest of the year will bring, as short as that period may be.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Anybody want to run a mini? If not, I'll put one up.

If you're going to do it, you should do it soon.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    before the christmas forums get put up.

and please, do it soon, i'm going insane over here.

well, more insane.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Main won't be going up until after Christmas forums.

I'd rather not have the momentum killed by Saint Nick and his elf hit squad.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I understand that. I would run a mini but I don't know how to make it last less then 5 days. :(

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In addition, Savant has priority on the ready list since he signed up first and has declared his ready status. So he'll run his game first, unless someone else becomes ready to run their game before then.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I understand that. I would run a mini but I don't know how to make it last less then 5 days. :(

kill everyone

jackisreal on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have an idea for a poorly thought out mini that would probably end in only 3-4 days. Would only take a few hours to figure out. Gimmie a bit.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    jackisreal wrote: »

kill everyone

Well, this sure sounds like a job for Burnage. Mini'll be up on monday.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

kill everyone

Well, this sure sounds like a job for Burnage. A glovefucking for all will be up on monday.

Fixed.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

kill everyone

Well, this sure sounds like a job for Burnage. A glovefucking for all will be up on monday.

Fixed.

Glove?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Okay, so 'monday' was optimistic of me. I'll try and get something up tomorrow, but others should feel free to jump ahead of me.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    just sayin'
    carmentitle.jpg

very soon

so get ready gumshoes.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Alright, the Christmas forum stuff is done, but we still have New Years coming up. Do you think I should get my game started up now or still wait a bit?

Savant on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's your call, really. I doubt there will be a New Year's board, but I also am not sure how much activity there will be.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    is it really a bad thing if you just make new years eve and new years day one singular game day?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Robothero....

you are my new super favoritist.

And if I dont get into that game, I will murder somebody.

and starting a game now should be ok, just do what Duna suggested, Make the New Years thing into one big day.

Hope y'all had good christmases.

Somebody put up a new game.

lonelyahava on
This discussion has been closed.