As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So does that mean Spec can't put up his game wen like he was planning?

Orange Soda on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I'm kicking down the max number of phallas back to one main and two minis. The increase was ill-considered.

so just because we didn't use it for a few days we lose it, at a period when a good portion of the population is swapping between summer and school schedules. yay.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spectrum, you can go ahead and put yours up, but this will be the last time we'll have three minis running at once.

Thanatos on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, it's probably a good time to transition to the 'one main, two minis' schedule anyways, since we're now between main games and nobody's claimed 'ready' yet. Having three minis will fill that gap until the next game starts. I'll see if I can get a main game signup going by the weekend...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2009
    Oh, also, I'm going to be attempting to lock Phalla threads within a day or so of them ending. Should help keep the front page a bit clearer.

Thanatos on
    edited September 2009
    Oh, also, I'm going to be attempting to lock Phalla threads within a day or so of them ending. Should help keep the front page a bit clearer.

Can Phantastic Voyage get unlocked for the rest of its day, then? It was only over for three hours and we weren't done with post-mortem yet.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    Can Phantastic Voyage get unlocked for the rest of its day, then? It was only over for three hours and we weren't done with post-mortem yet.

Thanatos on
    edited September 2009

Fine, I don't want to get into a grammar fight (in that phrase, within changes to modify the or so), so you can go ahead and lock a thread that hasn't even had any opportunity to "fall off the front page" for twelve or so hours while the actual players work around you "making a point."

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I will be working on a Mini.

It will not be ready for a while.

But I want it known that I'm working on one.

And it will be... slightly... experimental.

lonelyahava on
    edited September 2009
    Fine, I don't want to get into a grammar fight (in that phrase, within changes to modify the or so), so you can go ahead and lock a thread that hasn't even had any opportunity to "fall off the front page" for twelve or so hours while the actual players work around you "making a point."
    I don't even know what that sentence is supposed to mean. I mean, I understand the words, but the way you have put them together doesn't make any sense. It seems to be some kind of passive-aggressive sniping; would you care to clarify, or would you prefer to just leave me in the dark...?

Thanatos on
    edited September 2009
    I don't even know what that sentence is supposed to mean. I mean, I understand the words, but the way you have put them together doesn't make any sense. It seems to be some kind of passive-aggressive sniping; would you care to clarify, or would you prefer to just leave me in the dark...?

Cute. You've made it very clear that you're not actually going to listen to the people playing, so I'll stop trying.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2009
    Cute. You've made it very clear that you're not actually going to listen to the people playing, so I'll stop trying.
    I genuinely do not understand what you are saying there. I'm not being sarcastic. It really just seems like some sort of passive-aggressive snipe, and I was wondering if there was maybe something constructive in there. I honestly have no idea what anything beyond the poorly-punctuated comment about the grammar fight is supposed to mean. I was attempting to discover if you had some sort of reasonable criticism, but I guess I have my answer, now.

Thanatos on
    edited September 2009

Hmm. I'd prefer a 24-hour allowance before locking, if only to allow all players a sufficient amount of time to make a final comment on the game. After 24 hours of the game's end, locking should be fine. There's usually at least a day or two between games that it shouldn't make a significant difference in terms of the speed / cleanliness of the front page of the subforum.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Hmm. I'd prefer a 24-hour allowance before locking, if only to allow all players a sufficient amount of time to make a final comment on the game. After 24 hours of the game's end, locking should be fine. There's usually at least a day or two between games that it shouldn't make a significant difference in terms of the speed / cleanliness of the front page of the subforum.
    Okay, that works.

Thanatos on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, Thanatos. That change also lets us GMT-ers post our final thoughts etc before the thread is locked.

Wildcat on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Signing up to run the House Unamerican Activities Phalla

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ...well, glad I'll be able to take the last spot causing too much clutter before everything dissolves into tears. It feels historic. Maybe I should celebrate.

At any rate, I'm giving advent's another day to get going, so signups will be posted sometime tomorrow (on or before Noon PST, PM to reserve if you want). Vote close is 10PM EST, 25 slots.

The theme? One of the following:
    A) "It shall be engraved upon your soul!"
    B) "That's my way of the ninja. Believe it!"
    C) "Neither. I choose the path in between, the path to twilight."
    D) "For the preservation of our Blue and Pure world!"
    E) A unique theme pieced together from my mind

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited September 2009
    I vote E.

Orange Soda on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Samurai and me over here both want A. E would be good too. B/C/D we would play too. Especially C. :P

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited October 2009
    This is not a poll thread.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2009
    ...it was never a poll. Way to go, guys.

Role PMs are done. OP is done. Day 1 narration in progress.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Day 1 narration done.

11/26 slots pre-filled with reservations. Thanks guys <3

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited October 2009
    The Antarctic Research Station welcomes you to its icy grip.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Than, do we have to wait just until one game is over (clearing the first or second spot in the case of advent or dune's) or until two games are done to put up another?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited October 2009
    Than, do we have to wait just until one game is over (clearing the first or second spot in the case of advent or dune's) or until two games are done to put up another?
    Two games. If there's only one mini running, another one can be started; if there's two minis running, then no more can start until one of them finishes.

Well, unless you want to have three minis running and no main. I'm gonna try and get the next main game started Friday night...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MicroMicro Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well then, my house move is over, and I'm settled, so have my minis ready to go whenever I'm allowed to post one.

The first post says there are only 2 games running, but that doesn't seem to be the case - can someone enlighten me?

Micro on
    edited October 2009
    I saw the rule, I just couldn't see how many we're running as the info at the beginning of this thread seems to be out of kilter with what's actually going on with the board, so I just wanted to clear up exactly what's running.

Micro on
    edited October 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    New rule, only two minis can be running at the same time. Right now, we have three, and this will be the last time that's allowed.
    Right. And we have always been at war with Eurasia.
    Micro wrote: »
    I saw the rule, I just couldn't see how many we're running as the info at the beginning of this thread seems to be out of kilter with what's actually going on with the board, so I just wanted to clear up exactly what's running.
    Blarney doesn't like me enough to edit me in.

I AM HURT, FELLOW ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORM.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Geez, it's only been open a few hours. Give me some time, okay?

Bandwagon on
    edited October 2009
    At the moment, you can have up a main and three minis. You're going to have to wait until two of the minis end to start up another mini.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2009
    Bandwagon wrote: »
    Geez, it's only been open a few hours. Give me some time, okay?

Sorry, I think it's just bad timing on my part, turning up right after a rule change, right after a new mini starts, and right before you log on!

Micro on
    edited October 2009
    It's a little bit rushed, but I'll have the weekend to try and iron out the details...

DrLuckyPhallaMansion.png

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I figure you guys might be able to help me out here-- I'm running an Assassin game in my dorm. How would I go about randomizing a list of names?

Another thing, I'm using a temporary Gmail account. I don't normally use Gmail-- if I send a mass email to all the participants, will they be able to see the other recipients? If so, can that be turned off? I'd rather they not know who is and isn't playing.

Jimothy on
    edited October 2009
    Put all the roles in Excel.

http://www.random.org/sequences/

Randomize a sequence from 1 to how ever many roles you have

Sort the numbers and role from AZ to put them in random order and then compare that to an alphabetized list of all the participants. That gives you random roles for everyone playing.

Orange Soda on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You should start your own topic for this kind of question. Still...

1. Looking up a random number generator online and decrementing it by 1 each time you assign a name should allow you to do the list, assuming someone can't direct you to a program that does something akin to "picking numbers out of a hat" for you, automatically making a number not selectable when it's picked.

2. Try putting everybody's email address under BCC instead of the To or CC windows, using a test email with two friends to ensure it works.

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited October 2009
    Or you could use the way that I randomize lists for IRC Mafia games when I don't want to do it right in excel the way I do for Phalla

http://www.random.org/lists/

You just throw the full list of names there and it puts them in a random order. Then you could just post it next to a list of all the roles.

I like using the sequence generator better since I feel like I am a lot more detached from the randoming process.

Orange Soda on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, Phalla stuff here only! Start a thread to ask that kind of question and then turn it into a PbP game! :P

samurai6966 on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Who's in line for the next mini?

I could be ready with mine in about 2 days.

lonelyahava on
    edited October 2009
    Toxic Toys has already asked to run a mini next.

Also, the sign-up period has been extended 24 hours for my Phalla to make some final adjustments and preparations - if you're interested in joining, please do so, I'd appreciate it.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Totally going to run Phallaxy Quest mini at some point.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
This discussion has been closed.