As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Future of CF

1234568»

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, about that future of CF guys, looks like this thread was abandoned right?

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    So, about that future of CF guys, looks like this thread was abandoned right?
    It's a metaphor for how CF has no future.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Or Than decided to let this thread stew in its own juices for a week.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Or Than decided to let this thread stew in its own juices for a week.

Wisely on his part I'm sure :D

People have a lot of strong opinions, and he'd probably be harassed if he was jumping in here every day. I think it's good that people have posted their opinions--despite some of the criticism of them for doing so--and ultimately Thanatos can read the thread & make his decision. He definitely has people's opinions :D

streever on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    streever wrote: »
    People have a lot of strong opinions, and he'd probably be harassed if he was jumping in here every day. I think it's good that people have posted their opinions--despite some of the criticism of them for doing so--and ultimately Thanatos can read the thread & make his decision. He definitely has people's opinions :D

However, it'd be kinda nice if he did jump in durin' this opinion sharin' and stated "Look, really guys, I meant no PBP Subforum."

Now it just appears like he's takin' the idea into consideration, when really he could just be facepalmin'!

Regardless, I suppose it's not such a stressin' issue that action needs to be taken immediately, so this thread's bound to stagnate.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Occam's Razor: Than is at PAX and doesn't want to deal with it right now.

I'll throw my support behind either "Leave things as is" or "New subforum for IC threads". I'd like to see OOC threads remain in CF though.

Last Son on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    streever wrote: »

However, it'd be kinda nice if he did jump in durin' this opinion sharin' and stated "Look, really guys, I meant no PBP Subforum."

Now it just appears like he's takin' the idea into consideration, when really he could just be facepalmin'!

Regardless, I suppose it's not such a stressin' issue that action needs to be taken immediately, so this thread's bound to stagnate.

Well, Than is at PAX this weekend. Specifically, tonight he's at the D&D PubCrawl/3D Final Desintation Event... so he'll probably (maybe) get back to this issue/thread later next week (like Last Son has said).

LaOs on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ehhh, hallo. I am Timo, from Norway.

Is this the party?

cheez on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    cheez wrote: »
    Ehhh, hallo. I am Timo, from Norway.

Is this the party?

I came for a shot

Rend on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I do not think OOC thread should be done away with because they can be essential for organization and planning, and I prefer IC threads to be clean and easy to read.

And now you have Quoth's two cents! I'm sure you are relieved.

Quoth on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "Whew"
    Tofystedeth wipes the sweat off his brow and looks at Quoth.
    "I'm glad you got here in time. We wouldn't have been able to fight off these ravening hordes without your words of wisdom."

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That is what I am here for, Tofy: to fight the ravening hordes. Or at least to eat my fill of eyeballs after all the ravening is over.

Quoth on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am so glad you took the setup.

My alternative post would have involved something about stealing your two cents and hiding it in my nest because it was shiny.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well I PMed you about an idea for a sub forum for PbP games, since they are getting more popular and with the current rate of DnD threads and other RPG games, I thought it was a good idea.

Have it like this:

Main CF forum
    - Discussion of all games table top. (DnD, MtG, Warhammer, Warmachine, Boardgames, etc...)
    - Recruitment for PbP games. (DnD, Boardgames, maybe even phalla)
    - Phalla games. 1 Main phalla nothing else.

Sub forum PbP games
    - Any PbP you want here. DnD, BSG, TI, Settlers, Arabian Nights, Etc...
    - 2 - 3 mini phallas.

1 sign up thread for main phallas and one for mini phallas each in their respective forums. This keeps the main phalla on the main forum page since it's usually a larger game and the minis off of it to keep it from clogging up the front page.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would prefer having a sub-forum just for In-Character threads. It would be a great place to centralize all the threads most people can read, but cannot participate in. Leave the OOC/Recruitment thread in the main forum so others don't worry about interrupting and are able to participate.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just to throw in my quick 2 cents, as a forumer who mainly comes here for discussion, and doesn't really do phalla or PbP, I think the front page has gotten kind of cluttered. I do get tired looking past all the IC other game threads to find one where I can actually talk about things. And, it kind of discourages me from making a thread on an obscure game or something, because I know that it'll drop off the face of the earth within an hour or two. (someday, star wars ccg. someday) I'm not gonna say that any of what Than suggested is necessarily the solution, but I do think that it's definitely something that should be addressed.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just to throw in my quick 2 cents, as a forumer who mainly comes here for discussion, and doesn't really do phalla or PbP, I think the front page has gotten kind of cluttered. I do get tired looking past all the IC other game threads to find one where I can actually talk about things. And, it kind of discourages me from making a thread on an obscure game or something, because I know that it'll drop off the face of the earth within an hour or two. (someday, star wars ccg. someday) I'm not gonna say that any of what Than suggested is necessarily the solution, but I do think that it's definitely something that should be addressed.

Yeah, I agree. I don't dislike Phallia games, but damn if there isn't a rash of IC, OOC, PbP, hullabaloo going on all over the top posts. It causes lesser known game discussions to the second or third page due to the speed of people cramming posts into the previous thread types, and thus can effectively stifle a thread before it even gets rolling. I for one never really check beyond the third page unless I'm searching for a topic I posted in that got shoved under the pile.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is there any decision or similar coming Thanatos? It's been a while now.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    No, Thanatos was complaining in the Debate and Discourse chat a few days back that he was unable to check on the thread for a couple of days, and when he came back it made him go into apoplexy.

So this thread will just sit here stickied forever as a mark of shame, proving how terrible we all are.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    so we filibustered him?

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    so we filibustered him?

Not really. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that answering "none of the above" when he specifically told us that the above were the options annoyed him.

Bogart on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thus why coming in with pre-convieved notions is bad kids!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    so we filibustered him?

Not really. I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that answering "none of the above" when he specifically told us that the above were the options annoyed him.

Well you know what it's like, as an admin its more important to show your in control by not explaining why "none of the above above" or why "PbP subforum isn't an option."

We have about 40 threads on the first page, option a would create the biggest consolidation by about 40% option B is about a 2% consolidation and a phalla sub fourm is about a 6% consolidation of active topics on the front page.

We are running at about 200% active threads on the first two pages. It's not until page three that you are looking at threads that at older than 2 days.

I still don't see why an in character subfourm which would drop the threads by at least 40% as well isn't an option while a subfourm for phalla which would effect the front page by at least 6% is.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    warban wrote: »
    I still don't see why an in character subfourm which would drop the threads by at least 40% as well isn't an option while a subfourm for phalla which would effect the front page by at least 6% is.

Neither do I, but Than said "that's the way it is" on page 1 of this thread. You either take that as the situation we're in and move on or try changing his mind. If you want to try the latter then good luck.

Bogart on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Neither do I, but Than said "that's the way it is" on page 1 of this thread. You either take that as the situation we're in and move on or try changing his mind. If you want to try the latter then good luck.

Welcome to the last 10 or so pages of the thread.

Delmain on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Well, again, he said "PbP subforum", which could either mean anything at all to do with PbP, or the specific idea of a subforum for all PbP threads.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, and frankly if that's the attitude he's coming in here with (and I agree that as dictator of a non-democratic forum, he has every right to do so), then I don't give a damn whether we played along or not because he's just gonna do what he wants anyway. *shrug*

EDIT: To reiterate, this is not a complaint. It is a statement of fact. I have better things to do with my life than complain about forum administration. ;-)

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Delmain wrote: »

When I said 'good luck' I sort of meant 'fat chance'.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

"Fat chance" is much more appropriate, considering who we're dealing with.

Given that "PbP subforum" remains unclarified, I'm not sure I can throw my considerable influence behind any of the proposed solutions at this point.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

"Fat chance" is much more appropriate, considering who we're dealing with.

Given that "PbP subforum" remains unclarified, I'm not sure I can throw my considerable influence behind any of the proposed solutions at this point.

Please don't say stuff like that. Passive aggressive shots aren't gonna make him change his mind, and some of us have months of work that they've put into their games and it would suck to have our efforts ruined or crippled because of a kneejerk response.

Just be patient...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PygmalionPygmalion Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It'll all work out. Let's all calm down and wait for a response to our reasoned debate. Patience is key, this isn't health care.

Pygmalion on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Subforum for the actual games is probably the best idea.

Grath on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Check out the PAX subforum since the upgrades.

There are thread labels that can be prefixed now, customizable on a subforum basis.

I propose setting those up here as a solution to making game threads easier to wade through. We could have "Game On", "Discussion", "Phalla", etc. all color coded for use.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Check out the PAX subforum since the upgrades.

There are thread labels that can be prefixed now, customizable on a subforum basis.

I propose setting those up here as a solution to making game threads easier to wade through. We could have "Game On", "Discussion", "Phalla", etc. all color coded for use.

I think there's some issue with using them like that that Ramius was talking about in bug reports.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.