Options

[WoW] CLAWSHRIMP 2: CLAW HARDER (PA ALLY PvE GUILD)

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I realize that 10pm EST can be too late for folks on Monday-Thursday. (especially EST'ers) With that in mind, feel free to organize runs on the guild forums. I currently work M-F from noon to 8:30 pm CST and then have to drive across town to get home. Hence the 10pm EST time.

BTW, I hit lvl 80! Woooooooooo!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've set up a professions thread over on the guild forum. It's late so it's not as well developed as I'd hoped to get it tonight. A bit too tired for this.

Please check it out and PM me any specializations or information about your alts if you have them.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I see you guys did some major housecleaning! Looks like my 2 alts got the cut. I'm not sure if it'll be necessary to get them back in for my brief resubscription next month, though.

SteevL on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah there was some mega housecleaning done over the weekend. Anyone who hadn't logged on for 5 or 6 months+ got removed I think. If anyone does resub and finds themselves no longer in Clawshrimp just ping someone or join PA chat and we'll get you back in!

Fun weekend this weekend. Ony, ZG and steamrolled some BC heroics for achievements. I also started work on getting the Kara key should we decide to try that again. Maybe next time our plans won't be foiled by that cursed front door

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am also working on the Kara key so that door will have two of the Claw to contend with.

But as to housecleaning tasks, I have been given power to lord over the clawshrimp forums and have abused it greatly this morning. I have cleaned it up, fixed some problems and archived some old posts. Should you no longer have access just PM me here or there on Zilcon.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nice job on the cleanup! The guild was definitely getting kind of bloated. I think there were a lot of people who joined within the first month of the guild in December who never came back.

SteevL on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Heroic Ramps was great. I would love it if we kept going through some BC heroics.

We're doing just that! I'm going to try to make sure we have a full group to finish running the rest of the BC heroics this week starting this Monday @ 10 pm EST. My goal is to have us do a guild run of every heroic BC dungeon by the week's end. We've already done Ramparts. Next up: Blood Furnace!

I'll be sure to add this info to Guild MotD and the official guild forums as well. We're currently in the process of cleaning up the forums & roster.

I'm so sad you'll never have the joy of enjoying pre nerf arcatraz or shadow labs heroic <3

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    well my pc crashed, so i'm madly patching my mac right now, but i don't know if i will be able to make it tonight, it depends on how quickly this shizzit downloads. it is a fresh install so i have to DL everything WotLK on.

GARRRRR.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey, guys. Sorry I'm late for my own BC run tonight. Got held up at work and had to visit parents. I'm on my way home and will be on in half an hour to do some brewfest stuff.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, this is surprising. Weekly shutdown imminent and Trade channel's not being spammed into turbo-scrolling. Coming from an Oceanic server, this is certainly different.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well patch day and we get new Onyxia, good thing we ran that last week. We should try sometime this week to take a stab at it. Though it may yet be out of our league.

Also sometime this week or weekend I will be doing Kara key runs. I have everything you need to just run to the instances and loot the Kara key parts, just need to finish the Caverns of Time stuff and I can't really solo that just yet. So if anyone wants to take part we can set up a time and day to do it.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    new Onyxia? what am i missing w/ old Onyxia? I still haven't run Onyxia yet.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I never got to do old Onyxia either. There was a guild run on her back in January that I skipped out on because I didn't think I had enough time, but it ended up taking only a few minutes to kill her. The old Onyxia was intended for a raid of 40 level 60 players; this one is for either 10 or 25 level 80 players.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    new Onyxia? what am i missing w/ old Onyxia? I still haven't run Onyxia yet.

Updating her from a lvl 60 boss to a lvl 80 boss who drops lvl 80 loot. Including a bigger bag and a flying mount that goes faster then the epic speed flying mounts.

I don't know whether she is balanced for fresh 80s, heroic geared 80s or 80s in ToC gear.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Based on the ilevel of the gear she now drops, her 10 man is going to be on par with 10 man Trial of the Crusader. So may be a bit out of our league for a while.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sorry for double post, but if anyone 75+ would log on we could do some all guild runs of Direbrew and other dungeons.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We really need to push for members a little harder. It would be great if we could start doing 10-mans. We're not far off from it.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh, and Toxic Pickle, I might have removed your char from the guild due to inactivity. I removed all players that hadn't been on in 7 months or longer.

Well I'm still somehow affiliated with the guild, as I got an e-mail from Guildlaunch about being added to the Clawshrimp group there. :D

But it's cool if you kicked my character(s) from the guild... if/when I come back, I can just request a re-invite obviously. I guess at this point it's more of an 'if' since, well... there are plenty of other good games out there that I'm enjoying at the moment. Champions Online turned out to be really good, and if Cataclysm drops anywhere in the neighborhood of Bioware's Star Wars MMO, then Blizzard is losing that battle. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That was me changing settings around on the forums. Everyone got one who has an account there.

And I am sorry about not being on yesterday, had a hard drive crash and lost a lot of stuff. Recovered some of it, but sadly the WoW folder did not survive. So back to square one with addons and whatnot.

Also I have posted a question on our forums asking everyone for their input on our policies for guild recruitment going forward.

skorch on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    soon I will have my brewmaster title and then I will xfer over my warrior. I just don't want to take any risks in screwing it up.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oops, just realized I've never posted my character name in here. My dwarf priest is Lynde. And very active.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Would you guys care if someone who hasn't played WoW for a really long time (aka me) join's? I'm bored out of my mind at the moment and I never imagined getting back into WoW without people to hang with, and this seems like a good opportunity.

I'd be starting as a fresh character.

EDIT: On second thought, I may just transfer my DK because I'm lazy as shit, AND he has a good chunk of cash.

DOUBLE: Transferring my DK.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Colt wrote: »
    Would you guys care if someone who hasn't played WoW for a really long time (aka me) join's? I'm bored out of my mind at the moment and I never imagined getting back into WoW without people to hang with, and this seems like a good opportunity.

I'd be starting as a fresh character.

EDIT: On second thought, I may just transfer my DK because I'm lazy as shit, AND he has a good chunk of cash.

DOUBLE: Transferring my DK.

We'd be happy to have you. Feel free to throw out any questions about changes since you left.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I'm thinking about making the move over because, like Colt, the idea of playing WoW without people to hang with is kind of boring and it's why I've never really gotten into it since I rerolled without a guild.

Wondering what times the guild is most active and how active the server is in general. Also, any particular needs for tanks/DPS/healers right now?

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    At the time we have plenty of DPS and Druids. We have 2 or 3 tanks at 80 right now but more on their way. Also I think I am the only active 80 healer, but also have a few on the way up. Though roll or transfer whatever you want. As to the times the guild is active there are a few of us off and on all day, but mainly in the evenings. I think most of the guild is in the EST and CST. For the server it is very Alliance dominated, very few horde at all. But it is a high pop server so there is never a shortage of grouping going on.

skorch on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cool. Probably gonna transfer my hunter over this afternoon sometime. I'll hit up the PA channel once I arrive.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Running heroics in BC was fun. God damn I was such a tool tho because I never ran a heroic before and had no idea how much more damage the creeps did.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Good runs this weekend, all! Man, we need more tanks.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

If only mages got some crazy tanking build. A magically armored cloth wearing Battle Mage would be awesome.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There's the fix they should do to make Frost raid-viable. Make it the tanking build.

Mars on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mars wrote: »
    There's the fix they should do to make Frost raid-viable. Make it the tanking build.

It isn't?

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I raided with the guild as frost earlier in the year. I guess it's not the highest DPS-wise, but no one really complained. Gelid helped me respec which brought my DPS up quite a bit.

When dual specs came out I experimented and made an arcane build, but I could not figure out how to match my frost build's DPS on a target dummy. It kind of pissed me off because I knew I was doing something wrong, but just couldn't figure out what.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    how do target dummies work, anyway?

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

working on it!

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    how do target dummies work, anyway?
    You turn on combat logging, you pretend it's a boss, and then you unload DPS on it so you can parse the logs later and see how you did.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think that target dummies work best with a damage meter. I think the one I used was called Omen.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Omen's a threat meter. Recount is the damage meter.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yep, I've been out of the game for too long. Recount is what I used. :)

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I typed up a little intro to endgame guilde based on my experiences from the last week and stuck it up on the guild forums. Take a look if you just hit 80 or are approaching it.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    what is the address for the guild forums?

troublebrewing on
This discussion has been closed.