Options

[WoW] CLAWSHRIMP 2: CLAW HARDER (PA ALLY PvE GUILD)

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    http://clawshrimpandco.guildomatic.com/ is the website. Might pay to put it in the OP for ease of findingness

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    done.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Announcement time!

We're going to attempt our milestone revival guild 10 man. Naxx 10 on Sunday, October 11th at 2pm PST.

Get geared, get signed up (see your calendar in game) and get ready. Most of all please show up!

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Announcement #2.

As a test run for an idea how Naxx should go we'll be doing Obsidian Sanctum 10 tomorrow as part of our Brewfest afterparty.

Get drunk. Slay dragons. Good times to be had.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just a update for any future Clawshrimp members, we have now implemented a guild policy in which a rogue (especially Blusella) must be sacrificed before each boss. I know it may seem unfair but the loot gods are fickle beings and must be paid in blood and repair costs.

Also we had a great time last night doing a heroic grind, much loot and rep was had by all.

skorch on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    grindgrindgrind well I'm up to lvl 75 now...

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can show up for the Naxx 10 run on Sunday, if you guys need a mage. Me and Alyce are starting up on Draenor, she just started playing. Hit me up if you need any gems, I'm a master Jewelcrafter. Character name Gelid.

And I don't need naxx10 loot, I'll just be there to help you guys out. I'm geared with 25 man Naxx stuff, no Ulduar or TOC stuff yet.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    so brewfest ends and I can finally summon Direbrew on the last night of the festival. I somehow win almost every roll in our group except for the kodo (grats) but I do donate the Tankard O' Terror back to the guild for all of those runs people drug my under-leveled ass along on.

I did get all the tanking trinkets out of there before it ended though!

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So how active is Clawshrimp right now? I've got active accounts already on WAR and LOTRO and was disappointed with the PA guilds on them being almost completely dead, and was considering giving WoW a shot again.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This is the most active I've ever seen it. We're about to start running 10 man raids, our first attempted being Naxx coming up this Sunday. We'd be happy to have you if you wanted to check it out.

SightTDW on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    it seems to be building up steam... There are always at least a few people online when I am online. They are preparing to start doing 10 mans and such.

I'm hoping we can keep going and build up more interest because it is fun to play with fellow PA'ers.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If someone wants to send me a scroll of resurrection, I'll check it out, then if I decide to stick around I give someone a free month.

edit: Thanks Skorch

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh beated....

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There's a chance I'll come back this weekend. My 360 died and I'm going to have to wait for it to get repaired. I have 5 days off in a row starting on Friday, so perhaps I can use some of that time to catch up on some Eastern Kingdom/Outland Loremaster. We'll see. I still have my PS3 + Ratchet & Clank Future...

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    one of us, one of us...

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    skorch wrote: »
    We have now implemented a guild policy in which a rogue (especially Blusella) must be sacrificed before each boss. I know it may seem unfair but the loot gods are fickle beings and must be paid in blood and repair costs.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS!"

Just last night I did UP & VH Heroic runs back to back with a PuG, and I didn't die once! I'm so proud of me!

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Of course you didn't I was not tanking. Only I follow the ancient blood rites of loot drops.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    One thing I was dreading about coming back was updating all my mods, so I finally looked into the Curse client.

Oh, man. I wish I would have downloaded that thing sooner. It doesn't cover all my mods, but certainly has most of them. If I were coming back for a more significant amount of time, I'd pay for the premium subscription to update all my mods at once.

Anyway, whether I come back this weekend or the next, I look forward to joining up with you guys again.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I went and tried Trial of the Champion Heroic last night with a PUG. That was a mistake. I had a druid who couldn't heal for shit and decided it'd be a good idea to hang out in the center of the mass of ghouls when phase 2 ended. The tank also didn't realize that he couldn't stand in the desecration, so that was another couple of deaths.

We ended before killing the Black Knight because I already had a 40 gold repair bill.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I went and tried Trial of the Champion Heroic last night with a PUG. That was a mistake. I had a druid who couldn't heal for shit and decided it'd be a good idea to hang out in the center of the mass of ghouls when phase 2 ended. The tank also didn't realize that he couldn't stand in the desecration, so that was another couple of deaths.

We ended before killing the Black Knight because I already had a 40 gold repair bill.

I still remember that Heroic Oculus run with a PUG we tried to do before the daily reset a few months back. You were most displeased with the 2 puggers we had. We never got to clear it before the reset.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    SteevL wrote: »

I still remember that Heroic Oculus run with a PUG we tried to do before the daily reset a few months back. You were most displeased with the 2 puggers we had. We never got to clear it before the reset.

Yeah, I dont have a lot of patience for stupidity. It's one of my faults.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If I wasn't so mired in work right now I'd be back in. Have had a powerful urge to hop on Mad, get drunk, and fail to heal people properly. Soon, soon. Really happy to see you guys posting here though - glad it's still rolling.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have yet to bust one of my wow drunken stupors with you dewds yet, soon though... very soon.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously thinking about bringing my 68 rogue over here if I can reconcile the PvE aspect. At 80 I do very little world PvP anyway. And my Worgen in cata may be fun without the ganks.

But, sometimes I like to be the ganks...we'll see.

It would be an every other night kind of thing or less, considering my main, heirloomed alts, and my friends are on Ravenholdt.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    PvP or PvE server I've found does not change the game very much for me other than being ganked while levelling. YMMV

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Last night, in a moment of weakness, I got out my credit card and resubscribed.

I ended up having a fun time doing that new 5-man arena instance in Icecrown with a few other guildies. It's good to be back, I guess.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Last night, in a moment of weakness, I got out my credit card and resubscribed.

I ended up having a fun time doing that new 5-man arena instance in Icecrown with a few other guildies. It's good to be back, I guess.

One of us. One of us...

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It was only a matter of time steev :P

Anyways I think I have to pull out of the raid this sunday :( This won't help the tank situation but hopefully you guys can find a replacement and still tear naxx up without me

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I might not be 80 by Sunday (and most definately not completely geared by then) but I will be sooo close.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well, I've gone and uninstalled WoW already, its just not my game like it once was. After playing more MMOs since I last played WoW, too many little things irk me that I see another game has already done better on. WoW's best asset at this point in my eyes is that it does run on just about anything, which is a huge boon for a game going for a wide audience, and its working for them, but its not enough to get me to play it(And I spent my money on other things, like preordering Borderlands, so I can't subscribe this month anyways). Likewise there are things about other MMOs that annoy me as well, so its not just WoW. I think I just need a break from MMOs for a while.

One of these days though, someone is going to take the standard MMO formula that you see in games like WoW, WAR, LOTRO, Aion, Everquest 2, etc and just put all the best unique things about each one into one game with a good engine. But that has yet to happen, and I don't know why.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    bummer. You're welcome back if you ever change your mind.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »
    One of these days though, someone is going to take the standard MMO formula that you see in games like WoW, WAR, LOTRO, Aion, Everquest 2, etc and just put all the best unique things about each one into one game with a good engine. But that has yet to happen, and I don't know why.

See that's the thing, that's exactly what WoW did with the games before it. All of the games that you mentioned up there were mostly just copying WoWs design with one or two tweaks that are really cool and interesting. This is exactly what happened before when Everquest came out. It was the shining example of an MMO done right, and all other games coming out in that period (arguably besides DAoC and SWG) were just Everquest with a different skin and some minor gameplay tweaks.

Then WoW came out and revolutionized the genre, and now all the MMOs coming out are just WoW with a different skin, different world and some minor gameplay tweaks. It will take a while for a company to have the capital to invest in perfecting an MMO to the point where it makes WoW look bad on launch, and I'm not sure if any of the other major game companies that compete with Blizzard are willing to try. Blizzard dominates the market in every genre it releases, it doesn't make much sense from an economic standpoint to spend that amount of money on the offchance that you will make a better game than what Blizzard has.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant on the MMO genre as a whole, not against your decision to quit WoW. Maybe we'll see you around eventually, have fun with Borderlands :)

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wish an mmo would try something actually unique. every mmo is taking all these things done before and mashing em together. I wish I had a billion dollars just so I could get some experienced dev team to make my dream online rpg.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So how many years until the first MMO in which NPCs pass the Turing test?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think they're working on a new UO... and if it is anything like the original game was when it came out I would spurt pearls.

But since they massacred the old one, WOW will have to do. *Sniffle*

Monsty on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man... UO. That game was a trip. All I can really remember about that game is tricking people into eating my poisoned loaves of bread. And then some bastard killed my horse.

But really, compared to WoW, EQ was an asbestos and fiberglass milkshake. Kids today, et cetera...

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man... UO. That game was a trip. All I can really remember about that game is tricking people into eating my poisoned loaves of bread. And then some bastard killed my horse.

But really, compared to WoW, EQ was an asbestos and fiberglass milkshake. Kids today, et cetera...

And we liked it and payed 10 dollars a month for it, what the hell was wrong with us.

skorch on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I remember a couple times while leveling my warrior listening to people in gchat talking endearingly about aspects of EQ that sounded torturous and vindictive. It sounded like Stockholme Syndrome.

"Yes, he murdered a dozen people and kept me tied up in the trunk of his car and cut me any time I called for help, but he has a good heart, I swear it!"

Mars on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just rolled a lvl 1 warrior up in this. I intend to bring my 70 something rogue over soon, but figured I want to see early alliance quests before Cata anyway.

I'll be bothering for an invite (and maybe bags...) around lvl 10.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mars wrote: »
    I remember a couple times while leveling my warrior listening to people in gchat talking endearingly about aspects of EQ that sounded torturous and vindictive. It sounded like Stockholme Syndrome.

"Yes, he murdered a dozen people and kept me tied up in the trunk of his car and cut me any time I called for help, but he has a good heart, I swear it!"

My thoughts exactly. But we did not have a choice at the time, we did not know any better.

skorch on
This discussion has been closed.