Options

[WoW] CLAWSHRIMP 2: CLAW HARDER (PA ALLY PvE GUILD)

• Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finally have had a chance to move my mage over blech took for freaking ever but I did it.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Creidhe and I agree that we had more fun with WoW yesterday than we have had in a long time. Good times.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    AQ20 mini raid going on for fun and Rep, we need DPS. Please, 2 Tanks and a holy priest make for slow, but safe killing.

skorch on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would have joined but I managed to book myself into the CoS pug from hell. The time limit for the mount is 25 minutes, we took an hour just to get to the gauntlet and the stupid fucking RL still told us to rush.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would've joined but I didn't read the message until 2 hours later and that patch they put out last night screwed things up for me anyway. Turns out I couldn't patch my game on my new PC because I hadn't properly installed it; I had just copied the WoW folder from my other PC.

Since I am 300 miles away from my install discs, I redownloaded it overnight.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Its ok, it was kind of boring, I mean we really out geared it. Though it did get interesting on Buru when we decided to just make me tank it, had to blow all my cooldowns and ended up with really low health. The only deaths were some people kept letting my bear self be eaten by slimes, and we pulled Ayamiss before we were ready.

skorch on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Tank...Buru? Do you tank him at the end maybe? I remember him randomly aggroing on someone and veeerrry slooowly running toward them.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    We tried doing it the normal way, but with a two boxed healer it got kind of hectic, so we popped eggs till he focused on me and left him there.

skorch on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My internet fucked me in the ass last night. Shitty time warner. My latency was so bad Mobs were evading and resetting in the middle of combat.

coozes.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well I've been having significantly increased lag issues on Draenor compared to Ravenholdt, at the same times of day.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Just brought my rogue over today, he's only 70 though.

2868 on

buy warhams
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yea I think I might try to get a raid in sometime on thursday, and by a raid I mean Ulduar and by I mean I'll lead if you will follow.

And I would like to do this more frequently if I can tear myself away from moving because that's a pain and a half.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd love to hit up Ulduar but I'm not sure our guild is geared enough.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, probably need a few more Naxx clears to collect piles of epics and emblems first.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm contemplating switching servers to find a guild that raids, but isn't super hardcore. As all but two of my friends have basically game quit or only log in to raid with their respective guilds, I don't really have a reason to stay on the server I'm on.

It wouldn't be right away, because I'm going to wait till I've gotten a new computer. How active are you guys? Do you guys already have 6 million retadins and don't really need another?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    skorch wrote: »
    Its ok, it was kind of boring, I mean we really out geared it. Though it did get interesting on Buru when we decided to just make me tank it, had to blow all my cooldowns and ended up with really low health. The only deaths were some people kept letting my bear self be eaten by slimes, and we pulled Ayamiss before we were ready.

WHAT KIND OF HORRIBLE PERSON WOULD LET YOU DIE?

Oh...me.

In my defense I was dual boxing a healer and hunter.

But seriously, AQ20 is a joke at level 80. Buru can easily just be dps'd down without bothering with the eggs...and the kiting. The worst thing is Rajaxx -50% health cleave/knockback thingy, but it's trivial when everyone has so much health.

BWL is going to be the same way. AQ40 is a little more difficult, but not really.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    AfroJ wrote: »

Creidhe and I are definitely not Ulduar ready.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    AfroJ wrote: »

Creidhe and I are definitely not Ulduar ready.

I have no idea pretty much how close you guys are to ulduar BUT I do know all the fights up to mimiron so when you guys get there /flex.

Oh yea this is also Hashashiims.

And the mandatory armory link.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sometimes when people are discussing Ulduar the phrase "In quest blues" will get mentioned.

As someone who has done Ulduar would you say that was accurate?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    Sometimes when people are discussing Ulduar the phrase "In quest blues" will get mentioned.

As someone who has done Ulduar would you say that was accurate?

Considering I did it the month it came out and since then haven't really had a chance to go back... No im-freaking-possible. There's not a chance to do it "in quest blues". I mean you might get lucky with Levi but after that you get a big banner on your screen that says "Congratualtions you have just wasted a lockout timer".

It's hard I won't lie about that. But because the guild needs help in Naxx or w.e I'll tough it out and help till then. I'm not making a declaration of "Let's get this shit done TODAY!" I'm saying my services as a mage will more than openly be available to anyone who would like them rendered unto them.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've managed to PUG a few bosses in there, but for certain things you need gear, coordination, AND practice. PUGs may supply enough of the first, but tend to fail at the latter two because the moment it starts looking hard, 2-5 people drop group and you've got to bring in fresh people, starting the cycle over again.

Flame Leviathan: With no towers up, you can pretty much brute-force this without having to launch anybody for system shutdowns.

Razorscale: A gear check. Either you've got the firepower to kill adds faster than they spawn (and ground the boss within 3 landing phases) or you don't.

Ignis: I've never seen a PUG do him successfully. You need coordination and people paying attention.

XT: PUGs usually can bring him down. Bit of a gear check and healer check, but I haven't seen the enrage timer hit since the early, early weeks of patch 3.1. They raised it afterwards.

Kologarn: Not too difficult. 25-man PUGs fail if they don't bring enough tanks or offspec tanks, and the DPS gear check is there in killing the arm fast enough to save grabbed people.

Iron Council: Never seen a PUG come over this way. My guild runs didn't have many problems, but that was in 25-man only. And Steelbreaker hits hard.

Auriaya: A lot of this fight hinges on whether you can do the pull properly. A lot of that is tactics rather than gear. But as long as you've got Naxx epics or better, isn't too tough.

Hodir: Coordination fight. Never seen a PUG get him down, 'cause they can't coordinate very well. Guilds can, but it takes days of practice.

Thorim: Gear check. Both the arena group and the tunnel group need to be geared enough to kill adds fast, and survive long enough for the boss to jump in.

Freya: Very much a coordination check (and gear too, but this far in that's pretty much going to apply to all). First you've got to get through the boring part of clearing the whole room (think OS, but with even more trash). Then you have to kill six waves of adds fast enough (and, in the case of exploding lashers, controlled enough) to outpace the next wave, all the while spotting and killing the healing trees, and keeping Freya tanked. This fight takes a long while to learn.

Mimiron: Don't stand in the circles. You die by rockets! Don't stand in front of the boss. You die by lasers! Don't stand next to the bombs. You die by robots! And then the Voltron phase begins and you have to dodge attacks from all three phases simultaneously. And there's an enrage timer. Gear check, coordination check, paying-attention check, latency check. Yeah, this takes a while too.

Vexaz: Simple in theory. Kill the boss before you run out of mana. And your mana regen is turned off. Potions too. Pretty much need to be kitted out with full Ulduar gear by this point.

Yogg: After you've spent months learning up to here, prepare to spend even more weeks practicing here. Not only do you gotta have a lot of Ulduar gear to get this far, you have to learn phase 1, wipe and wipe in phase 1, finally figure out phase 1, and then take a longer time to learn phase 2 while still having occasional phase 1 messups.

Now, the one thing I would say to counteract being "in quest blues" is that it has never before been easier to gear up to a relatively high level, as long as you're willing to PUG. A lot. Heroics heroics heroics heroics heroics. Conquest badges add up fast and give up to Ulduar-25 level gear. Daily heroic every day. Triumph emblems get you 245 or 232 level gear. Develop an upgrade list to plan out where the loot that's specifically an upgrade for you is (at least those loots that are within reach), then go run it until you get it.

Guild raids can be fun and all, but there are many, many ways to upgrade out of quest blues without waiting for our weekend runs. Reputation, emblems, crafting, guild heroics, PUG heroics, etc. The more everyone can gear themselves, the smoother everything runs when we all get together.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BTW for the retro raid tomorrow, I made some Ony cloaks, should any need them just let me know.

skorch on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Uh....

Would there be any chance for a UK based fairly new player to get in on this?

I've levelled a few characters on some other realms, but never really got into it, so I thought I'd be better off trying with a actual community of players.

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah. I'm sure we'd have you.

You're 6 hours off of me. So I don't know if we'd see much overlap. I tend to play late putting me at about 900-1100 your time.

I don't know about the rest of us.

2868 on

buy warhams
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wouldn't you be situated on the EU servers then? I know an EU guild started in response to ours.

Mars on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Mars wrote: »
    Wouldn't you be situated on the EU servers then? I know an EU guild started in response to ours.

Oh.

Good point.

Is there a topic or anything floating around for the EU version?

Biosys on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sorry about the disorganization with yesterday's run. I completely forgot about until about 5:30pm. I don't see myself being able to make it for today, so it would be highly appreciated if somebody could pull that together.

Also, for in the future, just a kind reminder that I'm not the only one allowed to set calendar events.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    B-ROCK-22B-ROCK-22 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hey i am on the same server as you guys i was wondering if i can get in the guild and join you in the fun i have played on other servers and i am starting a new toon :P

B-ROCK-22 on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hopping online right now, i'll send you an invite if you still need one. make sure to /join PA

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    thank you and looking forward to talking and playing with you guys can you tell me what professions you guys maybe lacking i can get as i make my rise to the top

p.s. if there is a class you lack too i can try it out i have had 3 pallys but if you want i can do one just whatever helps
    :mrgreen:

B-ROCK-22 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Play whatever you want to play. I want the guild to be fun for everyone first and foremost. That being said, Tanks are most in demand. If you're sick of the Pallys, there's always Warrior or Druid. Man, we have a lot of druids, heh.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    No the Druid loot is mine! But like he said we need tanks something fierce.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ok well i am doing a pally i will get a invite later just letting you know if you can give me pointers even tho i have played pallys am not very successful

B-ROCK-22 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    RE: The raid on Sunday. I'm deer hunting this weekend and I'm not sure when I'm getting back on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I can make it, but I'm not 100% on when I'm getting back. I know we have a couple of people on standby, so if I'm not online within 15 minutes of the scheduled time (2pm server) then my slot can be filled.

P.S. Locjen will be our 10th spot. He'll be healing on his Shammy.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    RE: The raid on Sunday. I'm deer hunting this weekend and I'm not sure when I'm getting back on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I can make it, but I'm not 100% on when I'm getting back. I know we have a couple of people on standby, so if I'm not online within 15 minutes of the scheduled time (2pm server) then my slot can be filled.

P.S. Locjen will be our 10th spot. He'll be healing on his Shammy.

You better be there! Creidhe and I don't want to be the only ones talking on Vent...again!

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, you won't be. I can talk now so I'll be in vent providing woefully inadequate instructions instead of typing them.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I feel bad about not being around lately. I'm just burned out on the game right now. I'm sure I'll be back in fighting shape in about a month. I'm going to keep paying for my sub for now, I'll probably be around come 3.3.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've been away mainly because of all the other damn games that have come out. Especially Left 4 Dead 2.

That being said, you might see me on a bit more this week because of the Thanksgiving events. What can I say, I am an achievement whore.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Just a heads up. Ony pets are in the mail today.

skorch on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    I've been away mainly because of all the other damn games that have come out. Especially Left 4 Dead 2.

That being said, you might see me on a bit more this week because of the Thanksgiving events. What can I say, I am an achievement whore.

Shit, that starts today...suppose I should get my cooking skill going then. I've come to far to have my proto-drake quest thwarted by a cooking recipe.

LeftOnRed on
This discussion has been closed.