As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 3: ODST - Prepare To Drop (Out Tuesday)

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Last time i tried to join TBK and asked about it you guys told me off. boo. Fun = not to be had.

How long ago was this? Because some of our more "asshole-ish" ...umm... "members" don't actually play anymore.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    He's Canadian, I like him.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    Last time i tried to join TBK and asked about it you guys told me off. boo. Fun = not to be had.

How long ago was this? Because some of our more "asshole-ish" ...umm... "members" don't actually play anymore.

Yeah i was asking about how to join and a bunch of people were just complete elitist assholes about it so i just didn't even bother trying harder. I was just looking for fun dudes to play with like in every other PA group i've been in, and i got a really bad impression because a bunch of them just basically told me off because at the time i had just gotten Halo 3 (this was a few months back.). It seemed way to elitist for what i was looking for.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The term scrublord is endearing....

(god I hope)

joshgotro on
  • Options
    DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Color me shocked and appalled. I think Soup and I are the resident new guys and I can say that the Bees have been nothing but welcoming. Honestly... there were bosom metaphors.
    joshgotro wrote: »
    The term scrublord is endearing....

(god I hope)

Heh. I must say I'm rather looking forward to my failure moniker.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Yeah i was asking about how to join and a bunch of people were just complete elitist assholes about it so i just didn't even bother trying harder. I was just looking for fun dudes to play with like in every other PA group i've been in, and i got a really bad impression because a bunch of them just basically told me off because at the time i had just gotten Halo 3 (this was a few months back.). It seemed way to elitist for what i was looking for.

Odd...

Our usual bit is to say, "Send a Friend Request to some people in the OP and include a message that you're from the OP"

We're a very, very laid back group, so I have no idea who would have been so dickish to you. I mean, there are a few people in the thread that are assholes, but they never actually play Halo, so I have no idea why they even post in this thread...

Kor on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

This is really wierd. Like Kor said I found it an easy group to join. Just try adding some of the active players - maybe some of the new ones would be a good idea. Dog-eight and the like. The only person I can think of that took it super seriously left a few months ago. I'd play some games with you now, but I'm traveling for work purposes for the next week.

Leitner on
  • Options
    ~Thrillhouse~~Thrillhouse~ __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    probably badman

~Thrillhouse~ on
  • Options
    ~Thrillhouse~~Thrillhouse~ __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    he truely is the most perfect human being there is, so he was probably right

~Thrillhouse~ on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, that was my thought, too. However, badman doesn't usually speak to newcomers who are just looking for people to play with.

Kor on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    uean wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    I haven't played a Halo game before, but I just got the PC version of Halo 2 and I rather like it. It's kinda ugly, but I guess that's to be expected from a game that originally came out in 2004 on the Xbox.

I was a little surprised to see that there was what seemed like a decent number of players online. Does anyone here on PA play it or do you all just play on the 360?

I play. Sadly, no internet anymore.

You may be wondering how I am posting this....... but you probably aren't.

Community is still good for the PC version though. But while I prefer kb+m for any shooter, for this game it somehow works with the controller a bit better. I can't explain why as it is the only game, but it seems more pure on a console for some reason.

I agree, Halo 2 Vista does play better with the 360 pad than it does with KBAM. It's just been way too attuned for controller gameplay.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Chris RedfieldChris Redfield Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One question, in the OP, is there any chance of adding a link to the I Love Bees series? I just feel that it would be a nice addition, and one htat, as far as I have seen, none of te previous OPs have had...

Chris Redfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Was it this post?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=8874572&postcount=1519

I think we just came off wrong there. People weren't being mean to you or calling you a dick, we were just saying that we stopped using the list because 50 people would get on it, and then the only 3 people that would play were already on our own friends list. Basically it was just lookfree us saying that the steps to playing pa halo is ask for invites, and then as long as you are not a dick we will continue to play with you, because we have a low tolerance for jerks in this clan (except for badman), so you should be fine and have a dick-free experience.

That came out wrong.

Just send a FR to anyone on the list (besides me, I need to clean out old gamertags to get under the limit, then I'll send you one), say you are from PA, and people will be more than happy to get you into games

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    From what I can see of that post, it just seems like an unfortunate misinterpretation of what Lookfree said...

Chris Redfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    lag switch Major.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    and then as long as you are not a dick we will continue to play with you, because we have a low tolerance for jerks in this clan (except for badman)

This opinion is not universal, for the record.

Kor on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Was it this post?

I think we just came off wrong there. People weren't being mean to you or calling you a dick, we were just saying that we stopped using the list because 50 people would get on it, and then the only 3 people that would play were already on our own friends list. Basically it was just lookfree us saying that the steps to playing pa halo is ask for invites, and then as long as you are not a dick we will continue to play with you, because we have a low tolerance for jerks in this clan (except for badman), so you should be fine and have a dick-free experience.

That came out wrong.

Just send a FR to anyone on the list (besides me, I need to clean out old gamertags to get under the limit, then I'll send you one), say you are from PA, and people will be more than happy to get you into games

Gonna be honest here I don't remember this post, but sorry for stepping on any toes

My point there was that practically no one checked the tbk lists, and it was much easier to friend request us personally and ask for an invite when you see a couple of us on

And yeah as fyre said I wasn't calling you a dick personally, just that we don't really like guys that run around mouthbreathing and smoking a blunt while flag throwing and calling our own team faggots.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also re:title

September 9th whhhhhhaaaaaat?

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Somebody must have Beatles on his mind

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I fail to see how that could be taken the wrong way, really. All you said was, "Don't be a dick and you can stay." It's really just a general rule for any sort of organization; troublemakers are evicted, while those who get along remain.

In any case, perhaps we could get some sort of game going on tonight. If not Halo, then Marvel, Ninja Turtles, Red Faction, or any of the other games we own.

Either that, or Tim Burton's rag doll film.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy 2 days ago. Just beat Prime 1 last night. Time for Prime 2. I probably will not be on haloes tonight.

Kor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Slow run bonus content: bloopers itt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJUeTkIOhlk

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Wow that's my favorite level and I don't think I've ever gotten up there.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Need 5th for social slayer.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    probably badman

Lol get banned, bro.

I don't hate new people, I just enjoy playing with people who know the score and our general wacky antics/names for shit. For reals, I don't play much cause of the nightjob and other shit. If I were more of an overbearing asshole, I'd demand to be in the OP. Anyways, just got into Washington State.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Wow that's my favorite level and I don't think I've ever gotten up there.

Theres the little elevator you can use.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've been playing so much Trials HD that I kinda forgot Halo existed but we should totally play sometime guys it'll be sweet

Blakout on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    probably badman

Lol get banned, bro.

I don't hate new people, I just enjoy playing with people who know the score and our general wacky antics/names for shit. For reals, I don't play much cause of the nightjob and other shit. If I were more of an overbearing asshole, I'd demand to be in the OP. Anyways, just got into Washington State.

The Halo 3 terms aren't even hard to catch on to. Nothing is really randomly named anymore. "Pride Rock" and "Dark Crotch" are examples of the type of terms I don't hear anymore. Everything that's called is like "Our Ridge" "Our tunnel" "To the right" "Radio tower". Its not complicated stuff anymore. The only slightly confusing thing can be when someone calls out a Territory number. Because not everyone has them memorized.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Keyhole still gets used on Last Resort.

Also I still call the tower near territory 2 Camo Tower even though the camo is inside the fan now

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah but that map isn't really seen a whole lot in objectives for us. So most of those calls are useless. I still call it Camo Tower aswell however. But you get my point. Also Badman you are an overbearing asshole.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone have some spare render minutes? Slot 3
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=92510670

Pancake lasers a rocket heading for him.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i'm on it

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh so it did work out.

Cool!

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Badman is bad.

GET IT?

I still need to play Halo more. I miss [strike]you fuckers[/strike] teabagging Fyre.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You can get all your teabaggin' in next year at TBKon :winky:

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's good to dream, isn't it?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why does the thread title say "Preparing to Drop Sept 9th"?

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Playlists have updated

Social Team DLC has been given a mercy killing

edit: also Marin quote during Sierra grind: "I don't wanna die now. I didn't get a level 4!"

edit: fuck got suprised by the hammer brute at 54:40 on Sierra 117 D:

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Was it this post?

That came out wrong.

Gonna be honest here I don't remember this post, but sorry for stepping on any toes

My point there was that practically no one checked the tbk lists, and it was much easier to friend request us personally and ask for an invite when you see a couple of us on

And yeah as fyre said I wasn't calling you a dick personally, just that we don't really like guys that run around mouthbreathing and smoking a blunt while flag throwing and calling our own team faggots.

Yeah that whole convo in that thread that happened totally turned me off. A lot of it came off as super elitist, even if completely unintentional. I actually have Lookfree on my friend list already, and have for a while, so that might help.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This:
    Also re:title

September 9th whhhhhhaaaaaat?

What is dropping on the 9th..?

Chris Redfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.