As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 3: ODST - Prepare To Drop (Out Tuesday)

• Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just checked my service record.

Kills:
    Deaths:

I am now tempted to log in, get one kill and get out.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Apparently I'm a Noble Member on bnet. Does that have any meaning at all?

I could have sworn I was a Heroic Member at one point.

i dunno, but i am noble too
    it might denote join date?
    edit: oh shit the only thread i've posted in in all my time on b.net is the one where the guy defends gaming the spawns on standoff as a 'strategy', and does so vehemently.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Join date + no ban history whatsoever (either two or three years I think).

Heroic is based on being the top 20% of posters or something and resets every month (well at least that's what's believed).

Leitner on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Deku, is that ranked or social for that K/D? For myself...

Ranked-
    Kills:
    Deaths:

Social-
    Kills:
    Deaths:

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    22 Hours left, I am so very, very jealous of all you motherfuckers that have midnight releases you're going to.

And especially you, Will, you no-good getting-ODST-early son of a bitch.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    22 hours? More like eleven.

(has it turned up Willeth?)

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    from my seat it's 18 hours, but i didn't sleep this past night which will means finishing ODST tonight will require some energy drinks and meth
    so, around 12:30 EST do any fellows care to do a full co-op run through? i'm thinking heroic.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Leitner wrote: »

(has it turned up Willeth?)

Not yet. The postie around here usually doesn't get around to us until noon or so.

EDIT: Eh, for a full four-player co-op run Legendary might make more sense. Although I don't think everyone's going to power through like you are.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited September 2009

http://i35.tinypic.com/2h2k3g2.gif

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    man, wussies
    i'm not gonna do legendary right off the bat since i want to enjoy it and not break down in tears when the brutes punch holes in me the size of mangoes

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Deku, is that ranked or social for that K/D? For myself...

Ranked-
    Kills:
    Deaths:

Social-
    Kills:
    Deaths:

Those are just my social.

My ranked are a little higher.

Kills:

Deaths:

DekuStick on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Welp, since my 360 is dead I hauled my oXbox out of mothballs and recovered my account. Halo 2 multi is painful to me now. It also took years to find/join games.

Though grabbing the sword on Terminal and ninja defending our flag was fun.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    man, wussies
    i'm not gonna do legendary right off the bat since i want to enjoy it and not break down in tears when the brutes punch holes in me the size of mangoes
    Oh, you want to do co-op first? Yeah, good luck with that. I think most people are going to be going solo on the first go round.

I'm up for a Legendary co-op run at some point soon after I beat Heroic campaign solo, though.

Fun fact - I only ever beat Halo 3 solo on Normal.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    me and josh powered through H3 together the day it came out and it was made all the more glorious. we still reminisce about how not even 3 minutes in and i managed to betray him by sticking a grunt that then ran into him.
    i know people want to take their time and do their solo runs, but me, i like playing in groups.
    actually i am just a baby and want the help

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If my copy arrives today I might haul the xboxen and TV back to the familial home - no internet access in my own place for the moment - once I get out of work today. If so I'll be around for a bit of firefight this evening (GMT).

I tend to always play co-op first but only with a particular group of people, so I'm probably not even going to touch the campaign until my wingman gets his copy tomorrow, hence the invitation for a bit of firefight.

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dammit, just spotted thhe postman across the street and asked him if he had anything. No packages today. Vader nooooo, etc.

This probably means that I'll be getting it a few hours after all of you guys tomorrow. Ah well, if it doesn't come tomorrow I'll get three quid out of it, so I guess that's worth something. Fucking postal strike.

At least now I can go get food.

EDIT: Okay so apparently the postman made a mistake ecause the package was a different colour to all the other Recorded Delivery stuff. Upshot of it is I could have been playing ODST an hour ago. Installing now.

Fucking idiot.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Think Walmart will have ODST day one? I'm optimistic with it being a Halo game and whatnot.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think I'm probably going to go for ODST. Looks like it may well provide my Halo lore fix.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Think Walmart will have ODST day one? I'm optimistic with it being a Halo game and whatnot.

Well, yeah. It's one of the biggest releases this year, and they sell video games.

I don't think people understand that they print millions of these shits. People come in my store all the time freaking out that they might not get ODST, when we got like six boxes worth of it for 75 preorders.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Tomcat, did you ever render that killing spree? I don't even know if the game's still in my history for me to go back and clip it.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Someone remind me how one installs stuff to their hard-drive?

Hurm, I'm conflicted. Was doing some on heroic campaign earlier and can beat a couple levels without dying, so heroic might be a tad easy. However, I'd feel like a total badass.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    x35ow9.jpg

I hate you so much right now.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    yhst-34640480252896_2067_21163881

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So a couple of questions... Does installing ODST actually improve performance this time around? And I'm wondering if I can hold out till Friday to do a local 4-man co-op run. Will firefigt and H3 MP be enough?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Hurm, I'm conflicted. Was doing some on heroic campaign earlier and can beat a couple levels without dying, so heroic might be a tad easy. However, I'd feel like a total badass.

Hit Y (I think, it's labeled game details or something) on the disc, and then select install to hard drive on the options screen that pops up.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    So a couple of questions... Does installing ODST actually improve performance this time around?

Last I heard: ODST - Yes. Halo Mythic - No no no, don't do it.

DogEight on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok, so I was trying to do the annual run last night with some friends. I've got the rocket jump part down. I shoot johnson in the face, take his laser. He gets up, and I laser him again for his infinite ammos lazer. I zap all the bad guys, but that door up by where johnson won't open up. What gives?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Punch up details on the game from the dashboard. Should be the first option.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok, so I was trying to do the annual run last night with some friends. I've got the rocket jump part down. I shoot johnson in the face, take his laser. He gets up, and I laser him again for his infinite ammos lazer. I zap all the bad guys, but that door up by where johnson won't open up. What gives?

Why even kill Johnson? He'll clean up relatively fast; just stay out of his way, go for a bathroom break, come back ready to rock.

You do mean the humongous door leading to the Monitor fight, right? "that door up by where johnson" makes me think you may have mistakenly went towards the smaller door Johnson originally came from up on the snow ledge.

DogEight on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My girlfriend is sat at home holding my copy of ODST and wondering exactly why she shouldn't tear its wrapping off and play for the next 5 hours until I get home from work.

I don't know whether I should be upset or stick a ring on her finger.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DogEight wrote: »

Why even kill Johnson? He'll clean up relatively fast; just stay out of his way, go for a bathroom break, come back ready to rock.

You do mean the humongous door leading to the Monitor fight, right? "that door up by where johnson" makes me think you may have mistakenly went towards the smaller door Johnson originally came from up on the snow ledge.

I think since he killed Cernel Joson the script messed up. He has to run up to the door and call for Spark to open it. This happened to me, Auburn, Yorker and Telseth when one of them pushed Joson off his perch and he landed way far down. Killing him again once all the flood were down fixed it though.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's a good sign, but it also depends on how fast she'll give up that controller when you get home.

EDIT: I also totally didn't realize the House season premier is today. Tonight will be a good night.

DogEight on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Jesuits wrote: »

I think since he killed Cernel Joson the script messed up. He has to run up to the door and call for Spark to open it. This happened to me, Auburn, Yorker and Telseth when one of them pushed Joson off his perch and he landed way far down. Killing him again once all the flood were down fixed it though.

Well, the video I watched was all "hey kill that motherfucker. then take his laser. then he will get up. kill him AGAIN"

But every time I do that, he tends to... er... fall off the cliff. So if i just sit there and play with myself, he will mop up all the baddies?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hm.. true. That may be the deciding factor. Either way, ODST get!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    darleysam wrote: »
    My girlfriend is sat at home holding my copy of ODST and wondering exactly why she shouldn't tear its wrapping off and play for the next 5 hours until I get home from work.

I don't know whether I should be upset or stick a ring on her finger.

My girlfriend and her friend are coming with me to the midnight release tonight. I have a very strong suspicion that while I'm at work tomorrow, she will be in my living room playing ODST all day. And it makes me proud/jealous

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Jesuits wrote: »

Well, the video I watched was all "hey kill that motherfucker. then take his laser. then he will get up. kill him AGAIN"

But every time I do that, he tends to... er... fall off the cliff. So if i just sit there and play with myself, he will mop up all the baddies?

You shouldn't have too much trouble doing the mopping up yourself if you got his laser before he fell, but no, he won't move from his new spot until you kill him again after the flood are all dead.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So if i just sit there and play with myself, he will mop up all the baddies?

Yep. Just park your butt behind the snow drift so the ranged pure forms don't riddle you full of holes, and you'll be fine. I've done both and I think this way is much more hassle-free. It doesn't take long.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So if i just sit there and play with myself, he will mop up all the baddies?

Yep. Just park your butt behind the snow drift so the ranged pure forms don't riddle you full of holes, and you'll be fine.

I.... I think I love you. You have saved me much frustration.

Also, just for clarification: When all the bad duders are cooked, do I go through that door up top by johnson, or the door in that complex thing I rocket jumped to the top of?

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, I have ODST.

Whoever gave me the link to Shopto, I love you <3.

Now to play through campaign with a mate.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Feel the love, Bees. Feel the love.

TheRoadVirus: The huge door leading into the Complex (follow Johnson). The snow ledge door is for after the Monitor fight.

DogEight on
This discussion has been closed.