As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 3: ODST - Prepare To Drop (Out Tuesday)

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You better win the Pokemon tourney there, Snack.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Considering this is just an advertisement, I think they look pretty damn good.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone have a link to a high res version of that advertisement that doesn't require me to be an IGN insider to download?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It seems IGN has dibs for now, you could probably find a download somewhere though

edit:
    Today, Microsoft unveils a “Halo 3: ODST” live-action short, a 90 second ad spot for the eagerly awaited Xbox 360 exclusive, “Halo 3: ODST.” The ad debuts today exclusively on MySpace at www.myspace.com/gametrailers and IGN.com. The “Halo 3: ODST” live-action short is a haunting, action-packed production that charts the life of a UNSC Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, or ODST.

In addition to the online debut of the 90 second short, Halo fans in the United States will be treated to a special, extended two minute 30 second version exclusively on Spike TV on Monday September 7. The extended version will premiere during “Band of Brothers” at 10:30 PM ET/PT.

The short will also be available to download on Xbox LIVE starting September 8.

For the production of the “Halo 3: ODST” live-action short, Microsoft and Bungie partnered with ad agency TAG SF, Legacy Effects (props), Asylum (visual effects) and Final Cut (editing). The short features an original musical score written and produced by Human. The short was directed by Rupert Sanders with MJZ, the director of the award-winning “Halo 3” ad spot “Believe.” The short was filmed on location in Budapest, Hungary.

until then you'll probably have to manage with youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8zdkXtb9Yw

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You better win the Pokemon tourney there, Snack.

I'm not sure there is an official one anyhow.

*shrug*

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Lork wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    I can tell you're all really excited for that new Halo game, but would anyone be interested in playing Halo 2 with me on the PC? My gamertag is Peewi.
    I've been sitting on every achievement other than these two motherfuckers for the longest time. So if we could run through every gametype and map quickly, I'd be down for that. We could keep every game long enough so that we could have some fun with it, but short enough so that we could get through them all sometime within the next century.

We could do that. I'm playing right now, so just add me to your friends list and invite me to a game.
    I'm going to be busy for the next few hours, and we need three players (I know a guy, but he's not on right now), but if you're going to be around later tonight, that could work.
    Damn, turns out I read the description wrong and we're going to need at least one more player for the achievements. Any takers.

And that ad didn't really impress me too much. That gritty, "only one colour exists in the world, and it is depressing" look just doesn't mix well with Halo, and it makes the aliens look ridiculous. The scenes with brutes, both in this and in Blomkamp's shorts were downright embarrassing.

I'm up for H2Vista achievement boosting sometime.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    What is the music?

And it doesn't sound like Russian, but I guess yelling masks the accent.

The music is welsh and the language the ODSTs are speaking is Hungarian.
    Yeah, I figured it was something central European since everything in the short was written with the Latin alphabet.

Hoz on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alright duders, I'm up for some Haloin' but I don't see anyone on playing it. So I'm gonna go dick around in Batman for awhile. Y'all wanna play, hit me up.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for doing some digging for me LookFreeGrenade, it's really appreciated.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i want that god damn music

give me it

Nuzak on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Badman, Snack Road, given that L4D2, Firefight and Rock Band are all conveniently four-player, would it work out to meet myself and Viscount in the Queue Room tomorrow and go around them as a team? I'll be heading into the Queue Room as early as I can, and IMO it makes sense to get there early so the Firefight queue is ten minutes instead of thirty. If you folks are up for it, let me know.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm pretty sure Vis is the only one with an internets capable phone

Also, so frustrating. I passed my entire Storm previous run time and I was only to the first Wraith part with the two wraiths. I went to grab the skull, the normal wraith looks at me...

fwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooomPURPLE

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ...I love me some Halo but that trailer was pretty "meh". Slow paced National Geographic tribal bush dance music doesn't really get me in the mood for war.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Vis is the only one with an internets capable phone

Also, so frustrating. I passed my entire Storm previous run time and I was only to the first Wraith part with the two wraiths. I went to grab the skull, the normal wraith looks at me...

fwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooomPURPLE

Phoneposting from my phone to spite Fyre. TBK is gonna wreck Firefights 10 minute ahole with our epic skill/ragequitting. Whichever happens.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DekuStick wrote: »
    ...I love me some Halo but that trailer was pretty "meh". Slow paced National Geographic tribal bush dance music doesn't really get me in the mood for war.

what if the ODSTs dropped onto a timho's and set it on fire?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Now that would sell a few copies.

As well as some timbits.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

As well as some timbits.

The comeing together of two great things.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Clorfhanger/ all other people wanting to boost H2 achieves.. I'll be in there in a bit, but I'm an hour into this grind run. I'll be there as soon as I finish it

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Storm re-grind complete.

Old time: 00:23:23

New time: 1:51:24

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsCampaignHalo3.aspx?gameid=87240718&player=FyreWulff%20Rex

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well my Xbox froze as I went to dash. Good campaign runs tonight.

LordNibbler on
    Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Old total time before email:

8:15:22

Time to beat according to his last email:

10:11:56

new Storm run bumps my time up to:

9:40:56

(yeah, shit you not, the same amount of seconds)

31:00 spread.

I can do this. Possibly only by re-running Crow's Nest, with Tsavo Highway and Cortana still to be re-done.

edit: yeah, I have more time from The Storm than I do The Ark right now. That's the difference snail crawling vs crouch walking makes.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    speaking of campaign good runs tonight

Tsavo Highway was pretty sweet, can't wait for odst when we freak out over how many lives we have left when hunters show up

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

that was not tribal bush dance music

in fact i have no idea how you could come to that conclusion

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'm up for some Halo 3 anytime!

Jake Capps on
    X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    Chris RedfieldChris Redfield Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm up for H2Vista achievement boosting sometime.[/QUOTE]

Related issue: Leitner (Colonel) has every achivement barring his Perfection. And only about half of them are boosted for so far!

Well, would any of you be willing to go into some games until we get a slayer game on a mythic map, and boost that last one?

Thanks.

Onto the trailer, personally, I'm not sure why, but I didn't find it anywhere near as amazing as most of you did. It was decent, sure, but not really setting a very high bar...

Chris Redfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

As well as some timbits.

The comeing together of two great things.

You must all be Canadian.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    preparetotimho.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How many hours did we just spend playing a round of each game type and map?

Peewi on
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alot, but now we are Violent Rainmen who make Maps..... I think....

Malakaius on
    PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Around 3 - 3 1/2 hours

thanks for the help though guys, Rainman is a redonkulus achievement and whoever made it should be hurt

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Around 3 - 3 1/2 hours

thanks for the help though guys, Rainman is a redonkulus achievement and whoever made it should be hurt

Imagine if there was an achievement for doing rainman on every map.

Peewi on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Around 3 - 3 1/2 hours

No one is that evil.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah the only H3 I don't have is Perfection on a Mythic Map.

Jake Capps on
    X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Around 3 - 3 1/2 hours

Imagine the entire Microsoft campus burning to the ground

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ahaha

the BR question at the PAX panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMmNJQ8NdlQ&fmt=18

of course it's like a 10 year old asking it

of course i also like the commenter that goes "that's a bullshit excuse". really? I mean it's very obvious that a lot of these people have never actually had to deal with hardware limitations in a game and are much better sources on what the engine can do than the actual developer. Oh wait, they are not.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kid is a turd. I bet if he was allowed a more full on conversation with them we would hear his voice get shakey and see his eyes tear up over the loss of his ultimate weapon.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Seriously. And the clapping?!

"Boo hoo, why no BR?"

"Well, we had limited resources and wanted to put more towards enriching and expanding the environment and the two new weapons which already split the functionality of the battle rifle. So, instead of adding a tired and now redundant weapon, you have a larger and more diversified world and armory."

"Waaah. You guys suck."

It's always bothered me to see the sense of entitlement some gamers have towards developers. It's a crutch weapon, kid. Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's like people don't understand. Each weapon takes up RAM, and processing time to have in the sandbox. By removing the BR (weapons are intensive, because they have both first person AND third person models loaded into memory -at the same time-), like he said himself, they were able to add more stuff to the enviroment. It's like people have forgotten that this is the same reason not all weapons are on all maps, is because they literally cannot all fit in RAM at the same time and have the game look good or run well.

And of course they're all looking past the fact that the fucking carbine is still in the game. With the new SMG, the new pistol, and the Carbine, the BR is redundant. It looks boring, it sounds boring, no wonder it was the weapon that got voted off the island.

I wouldn't be suprised if Reach has a buffed up pistol, the carbine is a starting weapon that you can choose, and the BR is relegated to a weapon you have to pick up.

tl;dr these people think the haloverse revolves around their pasty asses when it's Bungie's franchise and they can do whatever the fuck they want to do with it.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=99953

Someone needs to track down the post where Viscount snapped his disc in half and post it in that thread.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    And then the follow up when he bought it again.

DekuStick on
This discussion has been closed.