As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

The New Comic Thread for Monday, August 31, 2009

13

Posts

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Ahaahhahaha. Oh, this comic is one of my favourites already.
    Reminds me of the end-table assassin.

    He was a nightstand.

    He should have listened to his priest.

    Mine always warned me against one nightstands.

    I swear to god

    PiptheFair on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Ahaahhahaha. Oh, this comic is one of my favourites already.
    Reminds me of the end-table assassin.

    He was a nightstand.

    He should have listened to his priest.

    Mine always warned me against one nightstands.

    Beautiful.

    In retrospect, I should have quoted the comic and talked about how my priest warned me against 'wan nightstands', but I made my bed and now I must sleep in it.

    vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Comic would work better if the second panel just said "Aha! I knew you watched America's Got Talent!"


    Or if panels two and three only said "Aha!"


    Still funny though.

    Godfather on
  • Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    if they both just said "aha!" the comic wouldn't make any sense

    it would be really funny, but supermega funny, not penny arcade funny

    Randall_Flagg on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Ahaahhahaha. Oh, this comic is one of my favourites already.
    Reminds me of the end-table assassin.

    He was a nightstand.

    He should have listened to his priest.

    Mine always warned me against one nightstands.

    :^:

    Abracadaniel on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    Willeth wrote: »
    Ahaahhahaha. Oh, this comic is one of my favourites already.
    Reminds me of the end-table assassin.

    He was a nightstand.

    He should have listened to his priest.

    Mine always warned me against one nightstands.

    I swear to god

    swear to me

    Burden of Proof on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I apologize for nothing.

    Burden of Proof on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    goddamnit we just had a christian bale batman voice discussion... like... last week in the comic thread?

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    this entire page should be banned from history

    PiptheFair on
  • UnreadableHulkUnreadableHulk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, Bollywood...

    UnreadableHulk on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »
    But if Tycho doesn't watch it, how does he know at which time to plant the decoy?

    Maybe he was just there for days, waiting

    Perhaps, or perhaps he spent 30 seconds and looked up the time in a TV Guide, online, or on his digital receiver.

    That's stupid though

    Javen on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    this entire page should be banned from history

    Those who forget the posts are doomed to repeat them

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    this entire page should be banned from history

    Those who forget the posts are doomed to repeat them

    We seem to be doomed to repeat them anyways.

    A duck! on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I want a friend with whom I can hang out and have these sorts of shenanigans

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    AMP'd wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    this entire page should be banned from history

    Those who forget the posts are doomed to repeat them

    We seem to be doomed to repeat them anyways.

    There are no posts but those we make by ourselves

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like how Gabe feels the need to clarify by saying "You are watching America's Got Talent RIGHT NOW!"

    Voranth on
    camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I cannot imagine either of these guys having a TV in their house that has rabbit ears. I enjoy the farce in this comic.

    Defender on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like to read Gabe's statement in my head in a very intellectual voice

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man whatever happened to Charles. He used to be in comics from time to time and he hasn't been in a comic in a real long time.

    Lucky Cynic on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    God, I forgot how good these older comics were.

    215497782_dVwyi-L-2.jpg

    Lucky Cynic on
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    hahahaha.

    who the fuck still has bunny ears on their tv....

    the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I do!

    Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    hahahahaha

    gabe and tycho are furniture furries

    Oh my Lord.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    furnies

    Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • biscuittoothbiscuittooth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I feel that Gabes costume does not provide sufficient clearance for his arms.

    biscuittooth on
  • biscuittoothbiscuittooth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man whatever happened to Charles. He used to be in comics from time to time and he hasn't been in a comic in a real long time.

    I think it's because, Charles, in a sense "won", now that Gabe and Tycho are mac users. The conflict was the source of the humour.

    biscuittooth on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man whatever happened to Charles. He used to be in comics from time to time and he hasn't been in a comic in a real long time.

    he was a caricature of mac users and nothing more

    they don't really need or want one of those anymore, being converts themselves

    TheySlashThem on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm sure Chuck will show up when new apple products are introduced. He's gone from being a rival to simply being All Things Mac.

    Brolo on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Charles will show up whenever Apple makes something worthy of note. He's gone from being a rival to simply representing all things Mac.

    20060303h.jpg

    I loved this so much.

    Brolo on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    God damn. If there was ever a comic to get a print of (the Macintosh comic, not today's.) Today's comic really hit me as Spy vs. Spy. I don't know about anyone else.

    Because I skipped reading most of the thread, you see.

    JAEF on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    this comic is hilarious

    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You know I don't know how this comic would actually act out.

    Because in scenario one, Gabe gets there first, and he would see tycho set up his dummy.

    Whereas in scenario two, Gabe would not be silly enough to set up in front of Tycho because he would get caught.

    Really it would have made more sense if dummy Tycho was a robot.

    It's still funny though.

    Blake T on
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    You know I don't know how this comic would actually act out.

    Because in scenario one, Gabe gets there first, and he would see tycho set up his dummy.

    Whereas in scenario two, Gabe would not be silly enough to set up in front of Tycho because he would get caught.

    Really it would have made more sense if dummy Tycho was a robot.

    It's still funny though.

    Now I'm picturing Gabe putting on his costume in the other room and shuffling in, expecting Tycho not to see him

    Ten on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ten wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    You know I don't know how this comic would actually act out.

    Because in scenario one, Gabe gets there first, and he would see tycho set up his dummy.

    Whereas in scenario two, Gabe would not be silly enough to set up in front of Tycho because he would get caught.

    Really it would have made more sense if dummy Tycho was a robot.

    It's still funny though.

    Now I'm picturing Gabe putting on his costume in the other room and shuffling in, expecting Tycho not to see him

    yeah, this actually seems to make sense to me.

    L|ama on
  • Leroy RocktopusLeroy Rocktopus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Every time I watch one of those shows, I'm worried my brother is gonna come in and give me no end of shit. I can relate to this comic so hard.

    Leroy Rocktopus on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Ten wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    You know I don't know how this comic would actually act out.

    Because in scenario one, Gabe gets there first, and he would see tycho set up his dummy.

    Whereas in scenario two, Gabe would not be silly enough to set up in front of Tycho because he would get caught.

    Really it would have made more sense if dummy Tycho was a robot.

    It's still funny though.

    Now I'm picturing Gabe putting on his costume in the other room and shuffling in, expecting Tycho not to see him

    yeah, this actually seems to make sense to me.
    I just figured Gabe had been waiting there for hours and fell asleep. Tycho came in then.

    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    really overanalyzing

    TheySlashThem on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah it's funny seeing Gabe as a Mac convert and a RPG/D&D/dice game convert too since the early comics he was so anti- both.

    jwalk on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spend enough time in a barbershop eventually you're gonna get a haircut

    BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    Spend enough time in a barbershop eventually you're gonna get a haircut

    What if you're bald and can't grow any hair? Then what?

    Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.