Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    spider-man 3 was fucking incoherent dogshit

pretty much, yeah

I don't know why some people are so forgiving to it

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    While I wouldn't go as far as Centi I think it is fair to say that the inclusion of Venom really did hurt the story telling.

And as a fan I did not appreciate what they did to Gwen's character.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spider-Man 3 was pretty much dogshit.

I did like how they animated the Symbiote though - it was a nice combination of spider, claw, and creeping vines.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think it's pretty much a rule that the more villains in your superhero film, the worse it is

The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2, Iron Man... all great superhero films with one central villain

Spider-Man 3, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin... all shoved too many villains in and sucked because of it

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think there was a perfectly fine movie under there with Spider-man fighting the Sandman.

I just think that the paralell story with the suit that involved Peter Parker's personal life dragged the movie down.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think it's pretty much a rule that the more villains in your superhero film, the worse it is

The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2, Iron Man... all great superhero films with one central villain

Spider-Man 3, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin... all shoved too many villains in and sucked because of it

um, except that TDK was great because of its second villain

without Two-Face, the movie would have lost a great deal

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

There are also plenty of shitty shitty superhero movies with only one villain

And Batman Begins had two villains and it was awesome for it so

I mean I consider Begins better than The Dark Knight

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

um, except that TDK was great because of its second villain

without Two-Face, the movie would have lost a great deal

Personally I felt that the Dark Knight was too long.

While I can never be sure I feel that if the two face story was cut out, or his resolution left for the third movie (and only include his "birth" so to speak) the movie would have been stronger.

Blake T on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    speaking of attaching Tim Burton's name to things, if you ever want to send me into a rage you should insinuate that Burton had anything to do with the movie Coraline

I become the fucking berzerker when people do that

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Straightzi wrote: »

Seriously? Begins better than The Dark Knight?

Anyway, there's always exceptions to things, I just think that probability points towards one villain being better for the film.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Straightzi wrote: »

Seriously? Begins better than The Dark Knight?

Anyway, there's always exceptions to things, I just think that probability points towards one villain being better for the film.

The Dark Knight was good and all, but it really didn't live up to my expectations. It felt kinda like it was trying too hard to go above and beyond the whole comic book movie thing to me. It was like my third favorite comic book movie of the summer, after Iron Man and Hellboy II.

Also they killed off a major villain, which is dumb as fuck.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It allows a stronger focus having only one villain and if you have a strong lead it can only enhance the movie.

I do not think the problems of other Batman movies you listed problem were soley due to the use of multiple villains.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Anyways, society is the real villain.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Iron Man and The Incredibles remain my favorite super-hero movies. Iron Man does really well to capture the sort of Ultimate Marvel feeling, while Incredibles is just a dead-on, fantastic super-hero movie.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    It allows a stronger focus having only one villain and if you have a strong lead it can only enhance the movie.

I do not think the problems of other Batman movies you listed problem were soley due to the use of multiple villains.

no, but they definitely didn't help any

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Iron Man and The Incredibles remain my favorite super-hero movies. Iron Man does really well to capture the sort of Ultimate Marvel feeling, while Incredibles is just a dead-on, fantastic super-hero movie.
    I agree with this while The Dark Knight was a character study on the Joker vs Batman. Iron man was simply an incredibly strong film focusing on a man becoming a superhero.

Blake T on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »

i've seriously watched incredibles about 13-15 times

and i don't even own the movie

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    I agree with this while The Dark Knight was a character study on the Joker vs Batman. Iron man was simply an incredibly strong film focusing on a man becoming a superhero.

Yeah.

It'd be very hard for me to pinpoint exactly why, but both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight still felt like "comic book movies" to me - as if they were somehow trying to justify themselves, or distance themselves or whatever. Iron Man struck me as just feeling like an Iron Man movie.
    crwth wrote: »
    i've seriously watched incredibles about 13-15 times

and i don't even own the movie

It is such a good movie. On a really silly level, I also appreciate that they handle superhero physics well - with every live-action superhero movie I've seen, they always end up making the characters look heavy and, well, realistic - in that they look like they have a mass at least somewhat in relation to their strength. Superheros don't really work that way - their strength almost always vastly outstrips their mass, and this makes a lot of them look... bouncy. Spider-Man is a primary example. Any movie about The Hulk gets a pass, as he's supposed to be a cumbersome, dreadnought type.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    is this where I declare my undying affection for Ang Lee's Hulk yet again

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I used to say I liked Ang Lee's Hulk.

But then I only realised I liked it because he beat this shit out of some tanks on the big screen.

It dawned on me that would happen in any hulk movie.

As such I was less than impressed with it.

The Incredible Hulk I enjoyed from start to finish.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2009
    is this where I declare my undying affection for Ang Lee's Hulk yet again

yeah, why constrain that dumbness to one thread

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    see I enjoyed it because it was about something

whereas Incredible Hulk veered all the way to the other side and wasn't really about anything besides smashing

also I really disliked the heart rate being tied to Hulking out thing

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I never dug Iron Man or The Dark Knight as much as other people did

I mean they were good comic book movies, to be sure, and i'd gladly watch them again

But I just never got that transcendent "oh my goddd" amazing feel that everyone seemed to get from them

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wait his heart rate is tied to his hulkness now?

what if he is fuckin' a lady and he hulks out and rips her in half from inside the cunt out?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    see I enjoyed it because it was about something

whereas Incredible Hulk veered all the way to the other side and wasn't really about anything besides smashing

also I really disliked the heart rate being tied to Hulking out thing

yes, it was about being boring and oh no my dad and hulk poodles and nick nolte devouring scenery

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

what if he is fuckin' a lady and he hulks out and rips her in half from inside the cunt out?
    He doesn't tap betty for precisely this reason.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

yeah, that was in the movie

Liv Tyler's all over him and he's all "baby, wait. this is not a good idea"

:x

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It would be so worth killing dealing with a manslaughter charge for a chance to tap Liv Tyler.

Really if you are the Hulk I think plough would be a better adjective.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jennifer Connelly still beats Liv Tyler any day

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    There is really an obvious answer here.

Expose her to Gamma Rays.

Make Hulk Babies.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Man they are both hot for entirely different reasons.

I'd probably give Liv Tyler the edge but that is far more what type of woman you are into because they both look quite different.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jennifer Connelly still beats Liv Tyler any day

Yes, but aside from the virtual tie between the General Ross actors, every other actor in the new Hulk was an upgrade.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yeah Liv Tyler isn't really my type

I don't know, something about her face being basically a perfect oval just makes her look weird to me

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

yeah, that was in the movie

Liv Tyler's all over him and he's all "baby, wait. this is not a good idea"

:x

hahaha

that's awesome

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    uh you got to admit she looks just like an angel

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I ain't got to admit nothin'

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Liv Tyler is like some beautiful piece of art that I want to destroy with my Penis.

Jennifer Connelly on the other hand is like this sultry vixen that I want to destroy with my Penis.

Note: Yes, my Penis is in fact a proper noun.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "destroy with my penis" is a phrase that never fails to make me feel uncomfortable

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Geebs how do you feel about the following.

Ravage with my cock.

Drown with my Semen.

Pound with my nutsack.

I will edit to make you feel more comfortable.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Blaket now describe Natalie Portman

Centipede Damascus on