As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Exclusives at PAX

oreztesoreztes Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
So I just saw on Kotaku the Femme Fatale Street Fighter IV Fight Stick and was wondering if anyone knows of any other neat exclusives that are gonna be on sale at the show.

I tried to find some info on google but my google-fu was weak against this foe, and the closest thing I could find on the forum search was a swag trade post from 2008.

So, anyone know of any "can't miss" purchases?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
oreztes on

• Options
    WolfboyWolfboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The only other thing I've heard of is the Bioshock prints, which I'm hoping to get...but I'd like to know news of anything else as well

Wolfboy on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    wolfboysig.jpg
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There's also an exclusive PAX 09 Razer...something.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    MarkManSDTMarkManSDT Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Buy my stick! :P

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MarkManSDT wrote: »

Would that be the LE Femme Fatale stick, or is there another stick being sold at the event?

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Randomfool wrote: »
    There's also an exclusive PAX 09 Razer...something.

Mouse, that would be - last year PAX 08 light-up mieces were a huge hit, not surprised they're bringing 'em back - gonna get me one this year!

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oooh a PAX09 Razer Mouse? SWEET.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Aye - Here's what last year's looked like.

Dunno if this year's the same design, just with PAX 09 (hey that rhymed!), kinda hoping they change it up a bit.

Kwisatz Haderach on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That's awesome! Here's hoping its changed up a little, otherwise why would people want another one (sure it says 09 on it, but would you want two near identical mice?)

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I forgot where I read this, so I can't quote it, but I heard it's going to be some other peripheral, instead of a mouse.

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    GillesGilles Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Alphonsis wrote: »
    I forgot where I read this, so I can't quote it, but I heard it's going to be some other peripheral, instead of a mouse.

You probably read it here:
    http://twitter.com/Official_PAX/status/3691457127

Gilles on
  • Options
    scotta2700scotta2700 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    there was a huge problem with the mice last year where the scroll wheel didn't light up. but they QUICKLY fixed the issue by making more and sending them out to those who's were broken!

scotta2700 on
  • Options
    CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    scotta2700 wrote: »
    there was a huge problem with the mice last year where the scroll wheel didn't light up. but they QUICKLY fixed the issue by making more and sending them out to those who's were broken!

Yes, I recall those problems. Some heroic customer service went on to resolve things for the affected buyers.

Cadyn on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    pif i still haven't recieved a replacement mouse and i'm staring at it right now with a non lightup scrollwheel.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, well thanks for the info guys. I guess if it's between the Fight Stick, Bioshock Print, and an unknown Razer peripheral... I'll go with the Fight Stick. I'm a whore for limited edition things. :?

Now just have to hope I can snag one before they're gone.

oreztes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ?diabetes??diabetes? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    pif i still haven't recieved a replacement mouse and i'm staring at it right now with a non lightup scrollwheel.

Did you request the replacement? They only replaced it if you when and requested it. Not everyone had the problem.

?diabetes? on
    on twitter @tehsleepypanda
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    +1 for getting a signed Bio Shock print of the creepy sister :)

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Would that be the LE Femme Fatale stick, or is there another stick being sold at the event?

Femme Fatale.

No other exclusive at this event.

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    WolfboyWolfboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm hoping to, does anyone know how much the prints ran at comic-con?

Wolfboy on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    wolfboysig.jpg
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hope the Razer exclusive this year is a keyboard.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wolfboy wrote: »

I'm hoping to, does anyone know how much the prints ran at comic-con?

I have seen nothing about a price. I have even seen some sites say give away. I doubt that highly. But no. Never seen a price floating around.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Too bad Rooster teeth sold all their Griffball figures are Comic-con

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Are you with the Capcom booth? A buddy of mine wants me to pick this stick up for him. Will you guys be selling these right away on Friday once the Exhibition Hall opens? Seeing as there's a very limited number, I want to make sure to snatch it up (the PS3 version) for him right away before they're sold out. Will it be $159 at the show? Thanks.

P.S.

If you are with the Capcom booth, will the MegaMan and Ace Attorney art books be at your booth too? And how much? I read in Nintendo Power a couple issues ago that there would be an awesome classic MegaMan compilation as well as the Ace Attorney one coming out around this time.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you're gonna swing by the Capcom booth for the LE Fight Stick, might as well go early. First 250 people on Friday and Saturday get a pass to the RE5 PC release.

http://capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2009/09/02/capcom__pax_swag_re_5_party_demos_and_exclusive_merchandise

Eh... it's a free snow globe.

oreztes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the tip, but I'm not an RE guy. That link though answered some questions so the Capcom booth will definitely be a big stop for me.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Will Wheaton will only have 200 chapbooks for sale...

Rayman on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ferquin wrote: »

Are you with the Capcom booth? A buddy of mine wants me to pick this stick up for him. Will you guys be selling these right away on Friday once the Exhibition Hall opens? Seeing as there's a very limited number, I want to make sure to snatch it up (the PS3 version) for him right away before they're sold out. Will it be $159 at the show? Thanks.

P.S.

If you are with the Capcom booth, will the MegaMan and Ace Attorney art books be at your booth too? And how much? I read in Nintendo Power a couple issues ago that there would be an awesome classic MegaMan compilation as well as the Ace Attorney one coming out around this time.

I'm not with the Capcom booth, I'm actually going to be working with Namco Bandai during the show at the TEKKEN 6 area

I'm a Mad Catz employee (I designed the TE stick)... if your friend is worried he can try ordering one on www.store.gameshark.com on Friday ! Sign up for the newsletter now and get a 10% off coupon code good for your first purchase!

$159 is the price, yep.

- Mark

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    UncleGrampsUncleGramps Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Recently posted on the front page of PA:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2009/9/2/pax-exclusive-moray-penny-arcade-booth/

"PAX Exclusive Moray+ At The Penny Arcade Booth

We had seven hundred of these things made - the package is sixty bucks, and represents a comprehensive audio/voice solution for portable systems. The fancy-dancy ones we have look very much like this:"

For some reason, the picture doesn't show up for me in the direct link, but it does show up if I go to the front page.

UncleGramps on
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, Razer just saved me some money, because I probably would have bought whatever it was if I even remotely needed it. I was hoping for a keyboard, but they offered earbuds.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    earbuds with a hidden microphone. I'm getting it. But problem, i JUST got something like this. It was great. TOO great. My dad was yelling at me right behind me and I didn' know he was there until he hit me. I don't use high volume, i actually use quite low volume levels. Buds lke that are almost too good. Mine were platonic and plastic rubber buds, and it looks like these razers use thesame type of thing.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I picked up the mouse last year (don't remember atm if my mousewheel lights up or not.. will have to check when I get back to Canadia), and based on how much I liked it, got a razer keyboard to go with (Lycosa, love it). I'm definitely all over these things.

Yuritau on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm a Mad Catz employee (I designed the TE stick)... if your friend is worried he can try ordering one on www.store.gameshark.com on Friday ! Sign up for the newsletter now and get a 10% off coupon code good for your first purchase!

$159 is the price, yep.

- Mark

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    UGH!
    I wanted a set of the Razer earbuds but $60 wis like 2-3times more than I wanted to pay.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    UGH!
    I wanted a set of the Razer earbuds but $60 wis like 2-3times more than I wanted to pay.

$60! yessh i dunno if i would have paid that much considering the Tritton booth had a set of earbuds w/ mic for 15$ but i still want them just because of the PAX branding...

xibalba on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    They did!?

F...

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    damn, and you post this NOW? sheesh. thanks.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    xibalba wrote: »
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    UGH!

$60! yessh i dunno if i would have paid that much considering the Tritton booth had a set of earbuds w/ mic for 15$ but i still want them just because of the PAX branding...

You sure they were buds? I only saw the huge headphone-with-boom-mike setups there...

Kwisatz Haderach on
This discussion has been closed.