As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E IC/OOC]: The Mirrors Of Tizun Thane

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "If ye want something done right..." Dain mutters to himself, stepping back from the nearest ruffian, and dropping his crossbow carelessly.
    "Get outta my way!" He bellows, rushing the monster standing on his weapons, and knocking him back. Standing triumphantly over his weapons, he grins at the enemies surrounding him. "Well? Come and get it!"
    Move: Shift to r13
    Free Action: Drop the crossbow
    Standard: Bull rush r10 once per level reroll because I missed first time (1d20+5=15)
    Dain ends his turn in R10, and the Krebain has been knocked back to r9.
    Next Up: Biiiiirds

streever on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is probably a good lesson!

Don't just drop your weapons if you think you're going to be switching between them a couple times. :lol:

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh I know it :D
    but the crossbow I won't need again
    honestly that thing is crap
    I am a melee ranger!
    I think I'm going to switch out to throwing axes. I think my ranged powers work with those....

streever on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Makar turned to face Anwar.

"Ni.. COUGH! COUGH!"

He spat a few mouthfuls of feathers out and tried again.

"Nicely done but I did have that one covered! How about the one with all the wee birdie friends at the back?"
    Maybe we need to strategise a little more. Not much point me marking someone if he then gets vapourised before his turn!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I could have just killed the Ruffian with my Sacred thingie and let Dain walk in, pick up weapons, and finish the warrior off. But nooo, I had to be cool.

Not sure who I'm going after next turn. GW1 is an obvious choice, and is already hurting pretty bad. If Melf hits it, I can likely finish it off, but if so, that's another round without RS benefit.

If Melf wants to delay till after my turn, I can potentially smack it, then he can finish it off and gain the healing.

Or, if he's fine with his HP where they are, I can Righteous Brand it and give him a +3 to hit it.

His choice!

Dac on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "He insulted my fragile sensibilities," Anwar replies. "There's plenty of dancing left to do."
    it was personal.

Anwar is probably going to focus on the wolves next, probably with an encounter power. Or go after the other mage. Dain should be free by then too.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "Fine, but perhaps a little fore-warning next time?" Makar sighed.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "This bird brain is next", Dain remarks, to no in particular, as he sneers at the Krebain nearest him.
    I should probably hit this Warrior--I have quarry on him, & am much more effective with melee than ranged! I will be shifting behind him to flank with duragon.

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The crystalline figure on Anwar's shoulder makes a gesture that looks like it's sticking its tongue out at the dragonborn and pulling down one of its eyelids.

"Certainly."

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    streever wrote: »
    "This bird brain is next", Dain remarks, to no in particular, as he sneers at the Krebain nearest him.
    I should probably hit this Warrior--I have quarry on him, & am much more effective with melee than ranged! I will be shifting behind him to flank with duragon.
    Are you talking about KW1?

I killed him. 8-)

Dac on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2009
    Combat post will be incoming tomorrow evening, as I have been out at a jazz gig all night 'cos it's my birthday and I'm much too grooved out to concentrate on killing you guys right now.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    Combat post will be incoming tomorrow evening, as I have been out at a jazz gig all night 'cos it's my birthday and I'm much too grooved out to concentrate on killing you guys right now.

D:
    EVERYONE, THE DM IS AWAY FOR A DAY. PARTY AT MY HOUSE.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    YOU BRING THE BEER, BRO!
    I like how active we're all being! this is gooood.

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Their numbers thinned a little, you begin to make sense of the fight at last. They're trying to get in amongst you, confusing you and drawing your attention away from their compatriots behind you. The death of their leader seems to have disheartened them somewhat, however.

Just as you're getting a little more sure of yourselves, the black-cloaked Krebain who vanished earlier reappears in your midst, lashing out with his knife.

State of play:
    All IC rolls should have The Mirrors Of Tizun Thane as the campaign name. Please capitalise the 'Of' bit to ensure all rolls can be seen at a glance on Invisible Castle.

Initiative order:
    24 - Anwar (tastydonuts) Action point taken
    24 - Dain (Streever)
    17 - Krebain
    15 - Lucan (Anarchy)
    5 - Melf (Hayasa)
    4 - Duragon (Dac) Action point taken
    3 - Makar (Jam Warrior)

HP Stats
    Enemy HP
    Krebain Ruffian 1: Dead!
    Krebain Ruffian 2: Dead!
    Krebain Ruffian 3: 1/1
    Krebain Ruffian 4: 1/1
    Krebain Warrior 1: Dead!
    Krebain Warrior 2: 44/44
    Grey Wolf 1: 31/38
    Grey Wolf 2: 38/38
    Krebain Ringleader: Dead!
    Krebain Sneak: 42/42
    Krebain Mage: 50/50

Boy: 20/20

Party HP
    Makar 33/39 (Jam Warrior)
    Dain 31/41 (Streever) + 15 temp HP
    Melf 20/36 (Hayasa)
    Duragon 25/35 (Dac)
    Lucan 32/32 (Anarchy)
    Anwar 34/34 (tastydonuts)

Enemy Actions
    Gray Wolf 1
    Standard Action: Bite Melf AC 19
    Gray Wolf 1 attack on Melf AC 19 (1d20+7=17, 1d6+2=5)
    Miss!

Gray Wolf 2
    Move Action: Shift to P14
    Gray Wolf 2 attack on Melf AC 19 with CA (1d20+9=24, 1d6+2=7)
    Hit! Melf takes 4 damage (7-3 from Duragon's power and is knocked PRONE)

Krebain Sneak
    Move Action: Appears in R11
    Standard Action: Dagger on Dain
    Krebain Sneak Dagger on Dain AC 17 (+3 CA from power Flock Effect and 2d4+4 extra damage from attacking while hidden) (1d20+12=14, 3d4+10=18)
    Miss! I FUME WITH FRUSTRATION!

Krebain Mage
    Standard Action: Murder of Crows on Makar
    Krebain Mage Murder of Crows on Makar REF 15 (1d20+10=25, 1d6+4=6)
    Hit! Makar is hit for 6 damage!

Krebain Ruffian 3
    Standard Action: Club on Duragon
    Krebain Ruffian 3 Club on Dain AC 17 with CA (1d20+11=17)
    Hit! Dain takes 5 damage (temp HP)!

Krebain Ruffian 4
    Move Action: Shift to S10
    Standard Action: Club on Dain
    Krebain Ruffian 4 Club on Dain AC 17 with CA (1d20+11=18)
    Miss! Dammit, I added extra fo CA when he didn't have it.!

Krebain Warrior 2
    Move Action: Move to L13
    Standard Action: Dagger on Melf
    Krebain Warrior 2 Dagger on Melf AC 19 (1d20+8=26, 1d4+6=7)
    Hit! Melf takes 7 damage (10-3 from Duragon's power)!
    Krebain Warrior 2 Dagger on Melf AC 19 extra damage from being prone (1d6=3)
    The above is a roll for extra 1d6 damage from KW2 because I forgot Melf was knocked prone.

Map:
    Clearingturn3.jpg
    Key:
    KR - Krebain Ruffian
    KW - Krebain Warrior
    KS - Krebain Sneak
    KM - Krebain Mage
    GW - Grey Wolf
    B - Boy
    Enemy stats
    Krebain Ruffian
    AC 17 Fort 15 Ref 16 Will 15

Krebain Warrior
    AC 17 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 14

Krebain Ringleader
    AC 20 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15

Krebain Sneak
    AC 18 Fort 15 Ref 17 Will 15

Krebain Mage
    AC 17 Fort 15 Ref 17 Will 18

Grey Wolf
    AC 16 Fort 14 Ref 14 Will 13
    Status List
    Duragon - Until the end of his next turn, Duragon gives all allies adjacent to him resistance to all damage equal to his Charisma modifier (3!). Currently, at Q12, Duragon covers Makar, Melf, Lucan, and himself.
    Melf - PRONE
    Next up: Lucan.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We really need to take out those remaining Ruffians.

And didn't Melf state that as soon as he was hit he wanted to use his Fade Away thiingie? Why'd he get hit twice?

Edit: nm, I guess it doesn't matter. Even with the -5 penalty for total concealment (which Invisibility gives), it still would've hit.

Poor gnome.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    the ruffians aren't a problem--i have 15 temp hp and will have my axes for my attack :D. I think Makar should pin that mage down, and I'll flank this sneak with someone on the turn after I kill the ruffians.... unless lucan wants to hit them with an area effect

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    streever wrote: »
    the ruffians aren't a problem--i have 15 temp hp and will have my axes for my attack :D. I think Makar should pin that mage down, and I'll flank this sneak with someone on the turn after I kill the ruffians.... unless lucan wants to hit them with an area effect
    I was thinking Lucan could try to hit them with an area of effect, and you and Anwar could try to focus down the Sneak. Makar could tie up the mage. I would shift to flank GW1 with Melf, take it out, then help you guys with the Sneak if it's still up. Then we focus down the rest.

I've got a healing word which Melf is probably going to get next turn unless he heals himself, and a Healing Strike to let a person use a surge. Other than that, I'm running low on encounter powers.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Message received, Mage in sights..

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't really take many of them out without hitting one of us...Unless somebody doesn't mind the risk of damage.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Anarchy wrote: »
    I can't really take many of them out without hitting one of us...Unless somebody doesn't mind the risk of damage.
    Dain's got temp hitpoints. Screw him!

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Makar glanced back at the melee forming behind him. Things looked heated but under control and at a wordless grunt and a nod from Duragon he wheeled back on the mage who until now had spent life happily untroubled at the fringes of the battle.

"No one to hide behind now heathen beastie!" he roared as he charged in to combat and landed a hammer blow on the less combat adept foe.
    I figure taking my go now won't hurt anything. It's quite a few turns ahead but I'm also well out of the mob and heading further away.

Move: to J9

Minor: Divine Challenge KM

Standard: Enfeebling Strike Vs KM (1d20+8=23, 1d10+5=8)

Finally a hit!

KM now 42/50.

Marked by Makar and due 7 radiant damage the first time makes an attack that doesn't include Makar.

Also KM has -2 to hit until Makar's next EOT.

Also I fully endorse the roasting Dain plan. The Temp HP figure into my decision in no form :P

Lucan's Turn

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Catching the cloaked Krebain out of the corner of his eye, Lucan swung his staff around, already charging it with power. As his foe entered the center of his vision, Lucan streamed raw power down through his staff towards the creature.

The area in front of him burst in flames and the Kreabin writhed in pain as his cloak caught on fire. Behind it, Lucan noticed the shape of the a small dwarf, who had also been caught in the blast.

"$%&£! Sorry Dain, didn't spot you there."

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ... So you only roll good when you're killing our bros.

:(

Edit: Also, you only roll damage once and apply that to everything you hit.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dac wrote: »

o.O I assumed differently. Post Corrected. BTW: Thats how I've been rolling in this and the last game.

Anarchy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "Wizards…" Anwar shakes his head.
    Anarchy wrote: »

o.O I assumed differently. Post Corrected. BTW: Thats how I've been rolling in this and the last game.

It's true... he's not good at that "hitting and damaging" enemies thing.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "By the maker's beard! Wizards! When do they do what ye want them to do! Help the dwarf, they said, not burn him to death." Smoldering and smoking, Dain smiles at the two ruffians. "Your time's to come, soon, little friends."
    Next Up: Melf

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "He spent all his time learning his spells from a book, Dwarf, what'd you expect?" Anwar says, then claps his hands together. "Better hope he kills you guys. If not, it's gonna hurt."
    If our turn comes up, go first Dain. You want to move if you don't kill at least 1 of those minions, and hit KS once, I think. ;p

Maybe you should just move too. lol. Shift left 1 square?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    In the shadowy haze that accompanies this most reliable of gnomish tricks, Melf considers his position; flat on his back, surrounded by wolves and Krebain that no-one else seems to be concerned with. At least now he is invisible to his enemies as well as his allies.

Hopping lightly to his feet, he slips through a gap in `the line' and steps up in front of the more single-minded Krebain trying to reach the boy. Taking one last swig of foul concoction, he drops the fey guise and reappears in front of a particularly underhanded foe.

"Going somewhere?"

GW1 has taken 20 damage so far, by the way.

Assuming Melf is invisible due to triggered Fade Away...

Move: Stand Up
    Move: Walk to S12
    Minor: Curative Admixture on self - regain 9 hit points (I am all out of heals)

SUMMARY

* Melf is in S12, not prone
    * Melf is back on 29/36 hit points.
    * Melf is now back to being visible again.

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Up Next: Duragon

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "Gnomes," Duragon snorted. He was suddenly very aware that he was facing not one, not two, but three enemies, all looking quite annoyed that their prey had disappeared, and all starting to turn their attention towards him. He had Lucan on his side.

It did not, as they say, inspire him with confidence.

Keeping his guard up, he swung around and cleaved from side to side, slicing a deep cut across the sneak's exposed flank. "Not very smart to jump right into the center of us," he growled, feeling the might of Kord flowing through his blade, demanding release.

Swinging his blade, he gestured towards Dain, who suddenly felt his body surge with power.

"Anwar, Dain! Finish those runts off!"
    Standard Action: Righteous Brand vs. AC 18 (1d20 10=25) Hit! Les damage (1d10 6=8)

HP:
    Krebain Sneak: 24/42

Effects:
    Dain gains a +3 power bonus to melee attack rolls against Krebain Sneak until the end of my next turn.

Note that this doesn't mean he HAS to, as I still think the ruffians should go down first. But if Anwar can make an impact there, Dain can shift a square to his left so that he's flanking with Melf and get a total of +5 to his attack rolls.

NEXT UP: Anwar (Because Makar did his turn in advance)

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Shifting to the side, Dain swings both of his axes harmlessly past the sneaky Krebain.
    Minor: Pick up axes
    Move:shift to Q10
    Standard:twin strike on Sneak, flanking, with dac's bonus (1d20+14=16, 1d10+2=4, 1d20+12=13, 1d10=4)

wtf invisible castle!

"I uh... don't normally have these problems, you see."

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "... Bravo."
    Seriously wtf. I think it wants us to die.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The gnome appears in front of Anwar, clumping the lot of them in a way that he had wanted to avoid. Agitated at the smell old thing's proximity to him he lashes out at the nearest pack, but his magic only comes out as raw power, a wave of energy knock everyone around him back.

Anwar then shifts back, restoring the distance between himself and the rest of the fray.
    Whirlwind (ENC) [([url=]R[/url]) AB1W10 (S10), Target KS - *1* vs FORT 15
    {Unfettered Power: Push all creatures within 5 squares 1 square.

Boy@S14: Pushed to R14.
    KR3@R9: Pushed to R8.
    KR4@S10: Pushed to S9.
    KS@R11: Pushed to R10.
    Dain@Q10: Pushed to Q9.
    DU@Q12: Pushed to P12
    L@Q13: Pushed to P13.
    GW1@P12: Pushed to P11.
    GW2@P14: Pushed to O13.
    KW2@O13: Pushed to L13.
    Melf@S12: Pushed to S11.}, Target KR3 - 10 vs FORT 15: Miss, Target KR4 - 9 vs FORT 15: Miss]

Shift: T13 -> T14

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    NEXT UP: Bad Guys

Dac on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Whirlwind (ENC) [([url=]R[/url]) AB1W10 (S10), Target KS - *1* vs FORT 15
    {Unfettered Power: Push all creatures within 5 squares 1 square.

Melf@D23}
    Which square did you mean here?

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Apologies to Hayasa - Missed one of your damage rolls against GW1, and I didn't notice that you'd requested the Fade Away to kick in after a hit. Luckily, it still would have hit.

The sudden whirlwind panics the Krebain, and their arms shed black feathers that spin and twirl about you, confusing your perception. The krebain take advantage of your confusion and dart in, their blows striking home with greater accuracy.

The two wolves round on Duragon, one bringing him down and the second tearing a gash in his leg that threatens to hamstring him.

The mage, cornered by Makar, darts away and calls up a mighty wind of his own, sending the Dragonborn reeling backwards towards the tree line. He takes over the leadership of the flock now that their master is dead, and he calls for them to press their attack and finish you off.

State of play:
    All IC rolls should have The Mirrors Of Tizun Thane as the campaign name. Please capitalise the 'Of' bit to ensure all rolls can be seen at a glance on Invisible Castle.

Initiative order:
    24 - Anwar (tastydonuts) Action point taken
    24 - Dain (Streever)
    17 - Krebain
    15 - Lucan (Anarchy)
    5 - Melf (Hayasa)
    4 - Duragon (Dac) Action point taken
    3 - Makar (Jam Warrior)

HP Stats
    Enemy HP
    Krebain Ruffian 1: Dead!
    Krebain Ruffian 2: Dead!
    Krebain Ruffian 3: 1/1
    Krebain Ruffian 4: 1/1
    Krebain Warrior 1: Dead!
    Krebain Warrior 2: 44/44
    Grey Wolf 1: 18/38
    Grey Wolf 2: 38/38
    Krebain Ringleader: Dead!
    Krebain Sneak: 24/42
    Krebain Mage: 42/50

Boy: 20/20

Party HP
    Makar 21/39 (Jam Warrior)
    Dain 21/41 (Streever)
    Melf 29/36 (Hayasa)
    Duragon 11/35 (Dac)
    Lucan 32/32 (Anarchy)
    Anwar 34/34 (tastydonuts)

Enemy Actions
    Gray Wolf 1
    Move Action: Shift to Q11
    Standard Action: Bite Duragon AC 17
    Gray Wolf 1 attack on Duragon AC 17 (1d20+9=29, 1d6+2=6)
    Critical Hit! Duragon takes 8 damage and is knocked PRONE!

Gray Wolf 2
    Gray Wolf 2 attack on Duragon AC 17 (1d20+9=17, 2d6+2=6)
    Hit! Duragon takes 6 damage (extra d6 damage from being knocked PRONE)!

Krebain Sneak
    Move Action: Shift to Q10
    Standard Action: Dagger on Dain
    Krebain Sneak Dagger on Dain AC 17 (1d20+9=28, 1d4+6=10)
    Hit! Dain takes 10 damage (5 of which cancel out his remaining Temp HP)!

Krebain Mage
    Move Action: Shift to K11
    Standard Action: Hurriacne blast on Makar
    Krebain Mage hurricane blast on makar FORT 15 (1d20+8=25, 1d6+6=12)
    Hit! Makar is hit for 12 damage and slides three squares to J6!

Krebain Ruffian 3
    Move Action: Shift to Q8
    Krebain Ruffian 3 Club on Dain AC 17 with CA (+3) (1d20+11=14)
    Miss!

Krebain Ruffian 4
    Move Action: Shift to S10
    Krebain Ruffian 4 Club on Dain AC 17 (1d20+8=22)
    Hit! Dain takes 5 damage!

Krebain Warrior 2
    Move Action: Shift to O14
    Standard Action: Dagger on Lucan
    Krebain Warrior 2 Dagger on Lucan AC 18 (1d20+8=9, 1d4+6=9)
    Critical Miss!

That's more like it, birdies.

Map:
    Clearingturn4.jpg
    Key:
    KR - Krebain Ruffian
    KW - Krebain Warrior
    KS - Krebain Sneak
    KM - Krebain Mage
    GW - Grey Wolf
    B - Boy
    Enemy stats
    Krebain Ruffian
    AC 17 Fort 15 Ref 16 Will 15

Krebain Warrior
    AC 17 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 14

Krebain Sneak
    AC 18 Fort 15 Ref 17 Will 15

Krebain Mage
    AC 17 Fort 15 Ref 17 Will 18

Grey Wolf
    AC 16 Fort 14 Ref 14 Will 13
    Status List
    KM - Marked by Makar and due 7 radiant damage the first time makes an attack that doesn't include Makar. Also KM has -2 to hit until Makar's next EOT.
    Dain - gains a +3 power bonus to melee attack rolls against Krebain Sneak until the end of my next turn.
    Duragon - PRONE
    Next up: Lucan.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oookaaaaay.

I think it's safe to say that if you've been holding back Daily powers in the worry that you might have to use them later... you can stop worrying.

Use them now. D:

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oookaaaaay.

I think it's safe to say that if you've been holding back Daily powers in the worry that you might have to use them later... you can stop worrying.

Use them now. D:
    I had thought two things coming in to this fight. Firstly that with those defences we'd be hitting these guys easy enough. Second that with two leaders we'd never get close to using all our healing capacity. How wrong can I be?

That said we've still got one normal heal, all our second winds (remember Dain can use his as a minor) and my three daily heals, so we're far from dire straits yet.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oookaaaaay.

Use them now. D:
    I had thought two things coming in to this fight. Firstly that with those defences we'd be hitting these guys easy enough. Second that with two leaders we'd never get close to using all our healing capacity. How wrong can I be?

That said we've still got one normal heal, all our second winds (remember Dain can use his as a minor) and my three daily heals, so we're far from dire straits yet.
    I totally forgot about teh pally heals.

But yeah I was just panicking a little at seeing me so low.

I'll take care of that next turn, though.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    "Why am I being moved," Dain asks rhetorically.
    Remember, dwarves have like, -1 for being pushed/etc. But we'll let it slide this time because it doesn't really affect anything.

streever on