As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Hopes, Happies, Hard Modes, and Harpies

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yay: Transmute spec paying off
    transmuteyay.jpg

reVerse on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Never actually had that happen for me. Bloody 0.0016% chance.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i think we can all agree that reverse is a giant gay

Dhalphir on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I concur.

riz on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Hate: Lack on tanks on my server. It's ridiculous that you can find 3 dps and a healer in all of 30 seconds, then spend an hour looking for a tank. It's even worse when you take a look in the LFG and see 5 warriors and 4 DKs all wanting to DPS D:

Well when I look for groups on my warrior it's always the reverse finding a healer or dps

Brainleech on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Anub'Arak 10 (cowardly) down in one shot!
    Happier: The tanking shield dropped which was immediately MLed to our prot warrior. This made everyone happy you see, because he'd been tanking with this since his account got hacked in May.

He was already one of the best geared prot warriors on our server despite that ankle weight.

Happy: Our other 10-man took him down a couple hours later, though with a couple of PUGs. One of whom was a tank that wants to join the guild though, so we have about 18 people who can do Heroic now.

Hope: One of our dudes had to leave, but we took a couple stabs at beasts hardmode just to see what we were dealing with. Thanks to timing info I got from the threads here, tanks had no problems with impales, we just didn't quite have the dps to down Gormok before the worms came out. Hopefully, with an extra dps so we aren't 9-manning it, we should be able to cover that last 500k hp.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    Yay: Transmute spec paying off
    transmuteyay.jpg

Back in BC I switched my alchemist from potion spec to transmute spec. I nearly shat myself when this happened:
    omgholyshit.jpg

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Annoyed: Missed our Realmfirst Algalon 25 kill due to my shitty connection not being able to handle the fight on a sunday evening. I don't mind that much because I'm not online outside raids really and don't care about achievements, but with this I still don't have a single even remotely hard to get title. Missed every single 10-player title because I'm not the go-to ret for our good 10-man group (I've never even seen Vezax/Yogg on 10-man), missed Immortal as a guild because of MC + frostbolt volley instagib on KT, missed Algalon now...not sure I'll ever get a good title. Also missed every single Glory of the Ulduar raider guildrun due to my connection since they're done on fridays or saturdays.

Serpico on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: I cant figure out what is putting

-AGGRO-

right in the middle of exactly where I need to see.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ishtaar wrote: »

-AGGRO-

Blizzard's built in stuff? Or maybe Omen, I think it used to do that before I set it to screen flash only.

Edit: vv Right! I recall it stopping when I switched from Xperl to Pitbull.

Arrath on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

-AGGRO-

are you running xperl?

Nobody on
    edited September 2009
    Yep, it was something somewhere in Xperl, either raid monitor, helper or admin... I just disabled them since I cant find an actual setting.

Like yes, I hope I do have AGGRO since I'm tanking, unfortunately you're telling me exactly in the spot where I need to see.

Edit: omgomg I found it! Helper/Target Counters/Aggro Warning

Ishtaar on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I found that it only puts it there when i gain aggro, not when I have it.

Dhalphir on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Annoyed: Why are people obsessed with helping me kill Chillmaw? I can solo it as prot, and I'm already almost done killing him! That way, you don't tag one of the mobs and make me have to do it all over again.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited September 2009
    Which happens frequently when pulling like 6 waves of trash in heroics.

Also my friends are dicks and are doing everything in their power to pull stuff off of me.

Which is exactly the crash course in tanking I wanted tbh.

Ishtaar on
    edited September 2009
    You'll soon learn that the best way to get a mob to return to you after someone pulls aggro is to let them die. It'll come straight back!

Dhalphir on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Annoyed: Why are people obsessed with helping me kill Chillmaw? I can solo it as prot, and I'm already almost done killing him! That way, you don't tag one of the mobs and make me have to do it all over again.

the sooner he dies, the sooner he repops for the 3 groups waiting to do him.

SaraLuna on
    edited September 2009
    you know whats really fucking annoying? when there's three DK tanks waiting to solo Chillmaw...and they are all the same fucking faction, but not grouped.

fucking idiots.

/rant

Dhalphir on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Also my friends are dicks and are doing everything in their power to pull stuff off of me.

A-B-P. A-always, B-be, P-Pulling. Always be pulling! Always be pulling! A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention -- do I have your attention? Interest -- are you interested? I know you are because it's tank or walk. You tank or you hit the bricks! Decision -- have you made your decision for Christ? And action. A-I-D-A; get out there!! You got the mobs comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? A Mob doesn't walk into the group unless he wants to fight. Sitting out there waiting to give you their money! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    You'll soon learn that the best way to get a mob to return to you after someone pulls aggro is to let them die. It'll come straight back!

Well, sometimes you have the problem of, let's say, a warlock pulls aggro, and the boss runs to smack them, and they shatter, but the other ranged DPS who were above your threat but below 130% happen to now be in melee with the angry boss, through no fault of their own... Then it is nice to taunt if you can.

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    riz wrote: »

Well, sometimes you have the problem of, let's say, a warlock pulls aggro, and the boss runs to smack them, and they shatter, but the other ranged DPS who were above your threat but below 130% happen to now be in melee with the angry boss, through no fault of their own... Then it is nice to taunt if you can.

Which is why you're watching the target's target frame. If it switches from warlock X to warlock Y then taunt. If it switches to a healer, taunt. If it switches to a rogue then don't worry the rogue will be dead before the taunt gets off so why bother?

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2009

the sooner he dies, the sooner he repops for the 3 groups waiting to do him.

Not for the groups that just finished him, and I'm the only other person there. I regularly play 1 AM server time or later, so having a queue of people isn't a huge issue.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Super Mega Excited: Druid hit 80 tonight, tomorrow I try to heal my first heroic.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited September 2009
    Oh yeah! And...

Fun: Healed a 25 Naxx on my priest as holy, and actually enjoyed myself. Yay!

Amused: Yes, rogue. You do a shitton of damage on all the fights there (like 6-8k+). But if I have to rez your ass after trash pulls more than once, you still suck. Learn to feint and Vanish! Jesus...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited September 2009
    Then it becomes a game of timing your taunt so that the warlock dies and the mob is taunted back to you

if the warlock dies and no one else dies, you win.

if the warlock dies and two or three mages die, you still win.

Dhalphir on
  • DraneDrane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Then it becomes a game of timing your taunt so that the warlock dies and the mob is taunted back to you

What if its the warlock and the resto druid who doesn't spec sublety cuz he doesn't wanna spend 100g weekly for algalon =(

Drane on
    Minecraft:cardsfan853
    signature.png
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

A-B-P. A-always, B-be, P-Pulling. Always be pulling! Always be pulling! A-I-D-A. Attention, interest, decision, action. Attention -- do I have your attention? Interest -- are you interested? I know you are because it's tank or walk. You tank or you hit the bricks! Decision -- have you made your decision for Christ? And action. A-I-D-A; get out there!! You got the mobs comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? A Mob doesn't walk into the group unless he wants to fight. Sitting out there waiting to give you their money! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?

I love everything about this post.

Senshi on
    edited September 2009

:^:

riz on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hate the people who can solo Chillmaw ignoring people asking for a group: you can solo it, them being there will only make it faster, why not invite them and get two+ people's quests done at the same time. They might be doing it to piss you off, not to "help" you.

Opty on
    edited September 2009
    Opty wrote: »
    I hate the people who can solo Chillmaw ignoring people asking for a group: you can solo it, them being there will only make it faster, why not invite them and get two+ people's quests done at the same time. They might be doing it to piss you off, not to "help" you.

If someone asks, I do it with them. When noone asks, I don't help them.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hate: Fucking bloodsail douchebag prick fucking asscock argh!

Attacking Booty bay guards should flag you against your own faction and not aggro guards if you get attacked by other players. I just want to murder all these stupid fucking assholes who keep killing all the questgivers. Fuck them in their stupid asses. They should be banned forever.

-SPI- on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Hate: Fucking bloodsail douchebag prick fucking asscock argh!

Attacking Booty bay guards should flag you against your own faction and not aggro guards if you get attacked by other players. I just want to murder all these stupid fucking assholes who keep killing all the questgivers. Fuck them in their stupid asses. They should be banned forever.

Tell us how you really feel.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The fastest way for Bloodsail is to kill guards in a specific spot. Anyone routinely killing questgivers are being griefing douchebags or completing the quest at the end of the road.

Opty on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It only takes, like, 3 hours of grinding to get all the way to Honored with them nowadays. Most people only need Friendly for the hat. Shouldn't take too long before they're done.

SabreMau on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I get into this pug for normal ToC. The 'tank''s health is kinda low so I check out his gear. I figure if he's good and the healer is good then it's no big deal but he's wearing a mixture defense plus resilience plus dps gear(mostly the latter two). It makes no sense for him to be tanking when the pally healer has 8k more health than he does in her tanking gear. One of the clothies had crap for health and was just asking to be 2-shotted.

I don't usually drop out of groups but I was so not in the mood for that.

Poketpixie on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a warrior ask me if he could tank H ToC. He had 18k health, not def capped and had holy pally gear. I didn't think people could possibly be that stupid.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Happy: Thanks to getting the tanking weapon I got with seals I'm finally def capped. Now I just need to learn how to tank.

Also, I got a my tier chest with emblems for ret.

Hate: My DPS still seems kinda bad. I'm not sure if it's a rotation thing or if it has to do with fights where I get knocked out of range or if I need more of a certain stat I don't have on my gear.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I had a warrior ask me if he could tank H ToC. He had 18k health, not def capped and had holy pally gear. I didn't think people could possibly be that stupid.

You should ALWAYS provide a name for the Armory in cases like this.

So we can mock as a group.

Joeslop on
    edited September 2009
    maybe im mellowing out now that im playing WoW less, but with people THAT ignorant, i generally try to help them.

Dhalphir on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I find trying to help them more often than not just gets them angrily throwing your advice back in your face. No matter how nice you try to be.

"STFU! i pay my monthfly fee ill play how i want! fuk u!"

-SPI- on
This discussion has been closed.