As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Hopes, Happies, Hard Modes, and Harpies

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow, what an asshole. I'd report that to the gm feedback email address, with something like "WTB GM with basic reading comprehension skills, PST" in the Subject line.

Alright, maybe not that smart-assed, but it'd be tempting.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't think he actually read your petition.

Edit: Oops, different issue.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate:
    "
    Greetings Alan,

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.

Petition: Hi, When I trick or treat from the innkeepers, I get the debuff, then get an immune message when the innkeeper attempts to give me the bags. So I end up getting the 1 hour debuff with no bag, despite not having any other treat bag in my inventory or the debuff."

Answer: Yes the bag is a unique item and you can only have 1 of them on you at once. You need to open the bag before you trick or treat. The explanations of how Hallow's End works are available from the innkeepers. Please consult them before attempting to trick or treat again.

Should you require further assistance, please submit another help request the next time you are online."

What a smart-assed, blow off answer.
    Didn't they ask people to not ticket about this because they already knew of the problem?

815165 on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Different issue.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    candy buckets != innkeeper trick or treating

Langly on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ah okay, looks like they pooped up alot of stuff for this holiday then. :(

I kinda Hate: How because of the meta people feel so compelled to do holiday stuff now even if they don't enjoy it.

815165 on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm immune to all those silly achievements

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That Greedy Goblin blog is my most favourite blog.
    I don't read blogs, they're stupid. Except for this one.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm immune to all those silly achievements

It feels nice, doesn't it, to not care about achievements?

Happy: Because I don't care for achievements, I can just goof off during holidays and enjoy the game for the reasons I enjoy.

Hate: People getting mad at me because I don't care about their achievement points*. I don't play this game for you, I play it for me and my friends.

*Some random guy demanded that I hit him with a wand I had. I politely said no, and he went nuts.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are you sure you didn't put a bag in the bank for some reason? I can't think of another reason that you would be such a special snowflake with random errors like this.

shadowane on
  • Options
    StylosStylos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Annoyance but also mildly confusing: A friend of mine who is in my guild got his account hacked a little while back. He didn't have access to anything important so nothing was taken. But the person who hacked his account then proceeded to drop his known professions and start to learn new ones. He then proceeded to log on and off several times through out the rest of that weekend as if he figured now that the character was hacked, it was his to do with what he wants for as long as he wants.

Stylos on
  • Options
    IslandIsland Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    reVerse wrote: »

Greedy Goblin is Tobold is it not?

I remember reading something a while back that he was running both.

Island on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh Yeah: A good first day of being level 80. Picked up 30 Conquest emblems, 7 Triumph Emblems. Won the epic caster staff from heroic Occulus (which happened to be both today's daily heroic AND daily normal), got a Needy achievement on one of the Horseman rings, won Namlak's Supernumerary Sticker on a greed roll and it just sold for 625g, and spent my Conquest emblems on Sash of Potent Incantations for my first piece of itemlevel 226 gear in roughly 24 hours of being at level cap.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    *Some random guy demanded that I hit him with a wand I had. I politely said no, and he went nuts.
    Maybe I shouldn't be at this point, but I am amazed that A) people are actually SELLING hits from wands but moreso that B) people are actually buying them. I mean, even if I had zero friends in this game I'm confident that I could be in some random group and ask politely for a wand zap and get it for free. Maybe not every time, but I'd be surprised if I couldn't knock out that whole achievement for free in a couple of weeks. If you're in a guild you could do it in a week for free, easily.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Maybe I shouldn't be at this point, but I am amazed that A) people are actually SELLING hits from wands but moreso that B) people are actually buying them. I mean, even if I had zero friends in this game I'm confident that I could be in some random group and ask politely for a wand zap and get it for free. Maybe not every time, but I'd be surprised if I couldn't knock out that whole achievement for free in a couple of weeks. If you're in a guild you could do it in a week for free, easily.

i am a complete pack rat. I haven't gotten a wand yet, but I had a bat and wisp left over from last year that I kept in the bank. I made 100 g off of selling zaps for ten gold a pop, pretty much instantly. Even though i have the title, I'm going to keep trick or treating and getting the pumpkin loot specifically to make money off of that.

If people are gonna buy it, i'm going to sell it.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Langly wrote: »
    If people are gonna buy it, i'm going to sell it.
    Oh yeah, I don't blame you for selling it. I'm just amazed that people are paying for it. I had an alt's bank full of wands that I had to trash recently to make room for other things. If I had known people were actually going to pay for zaps, I'd have held onto them.

There was a guy in Org yesterday selling the zaps for 20g a pop and people were paying it. I mean, just...wow.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I pay for it because I'm impatient and really 20g? heh i'll just go do one daily thanks

Senshi on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    How do you even keep track of which is which.

"Yea I need that achievement on somebody..let me consult my spreadsheets."

The only character I really sweated achievements on was the Rogue. After an 8 month hiatus, I no longer really care about achievements on any of them. Getting them is a nice surprise, but I probably won't sweat any that require effort until the verge of the next expansion, at which point I assume the 4.0 patch will, like 2.0 and 3.0 before them, lead to rampant old content shenanigans with groups destroying entire expansions worth of content in an evening.
    815165 wrote: »
    Didn't the same happen to Forar for using that name too?

Bwah? I can't recall ever having a name changed, and I have two that are boarderline on an RP server due to referring to other content, rather than anything vulgar.

Funnily enough, a guy in one of my heroic groups whispered me that he'd thought about reporting my name, but didn't due to having a soft spot for Robotech.

The druid's name in question? Maxsterling.

It seemed fitting for a class with so many different forms. At least I didn't go with "Veritech" or something like that.

But about the name reporting bitching from a few pages back? I don't do it often, but if it's vulgar and the player is annoying (these often go hand in hand), I might fire one off. If it's not an issue, then Blizzard does nothing. If it is an issue, they deal with it. Anyone sweating "narcs" about a name report is taking WoW and/or themselves way too seriously. That said, I'm on an RP server, which thus brings a set of naming conventions along for the ride. A few names we've had changed thus far were guilds named Lemming Juice and Robots In Disguise, both of which I supported due to belonging to upstanding chaps and... err... chappettes. Chaplets? Chaplains? I got nuttin. (edit: that is to say I supported the names, and was saddened in their changing. It was bullshit.)

>.< : ... I can find my own posts while rapidly scrolling a page by looking for the Big Block of Text.

Edit: Hate: Caught up on HHHH, now to dive into the chat thread after being away for a week and a half... fuck it, I'll do that tomorrow.

But seriously, I <3 Heirloom Gear SOOOOO much right now.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    <3 Forar

His big wall of texts sometimes just make my day.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Island wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

Greedy Goblin is Tobold is it not?

I remember reading something a while back that he was running both.

He isn't. That was Tobold trolling Gevlon from GG.

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    End wrote: »
    <3 Forar

His big wall of texts sometimes just make my day.

Agreed. We missed you! :)

Random Hope: They add paid race changes soon, I'm 4 levels away from needing to level something new and I have a Warrior sitting at 50-something. She was a twin to my buddies Warrior but he quit and well..... It's a Gnome. I *hate* Gnomes. I need more Spacegoats.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    How do you even keep track of which is which.

"Yea I need that achievement on somebody..let me consult my spreadsheets."

The only character I really sweated achievements on was the Rogue. After an 8 month hiatus, I no longer really care about achievements on any of them. Getting them is a nice surprise, but I probably won't sweat any that require effort until the verge of the next expansion, at which point I assume the 4.0 patch will, like 2.0 and 3.0 before them, lead to rampant old content shenanigans with groups destroying entire expansions worth of content in an evening.
    815165 wrote: »
    Didn't the same happen to Forar for using that name too?

Bwah? I can't recall ever having a name changed, and I have two that are boarderline on an RP server due to referring to other content, rather than anything vulgar.

Funnily enough, a guy in one of my heroic groups whispered me that he'd thought about reporting my name, but didn't due to having a soft spot for Robotech. And the Macross part of the tv show.

The druid's name in question? Maxsterling.

It seemed fitting for a class with so many different forms. At least I didn't go with "Veritech" or something like that.

But about the name reporting bitching from a few pages back? I don't do it often, but if it's vulgar and the player is annoying (these often go hand in hand), I might fire one off. If it's not an issue, then Blizzard does nothing. If it is an issue, they deal with it. Anyone sweating "narcs" about a name report is taking WoW and/or themselves way too seriously. That said, I'm on an RP server, which thus brings a set of naming conventions along for the ride. A few names we've had changed thus far were guilds named Lemming Juice and Robots In Disguise, both of which I supported due to belonging to upstanding chaps and... err... chappettes. Chaplets? Chaplains? I got nuttin. (edit: that is to say I supported the names, and was saddened in their changing. It was bullshit.)

>.< : ... I can find my own posts while rapidly scrolling a page by looking for the Big Block of Text.

Edit: Hate: Caught up on HHHH, now to dive into the chat thread after being away for a week and a half... fuck it, I'll do that tomorrow.

But seriously, I <3 Heirloom Gear SOOOOO much right now.

Ben Dixon was way more fun. Until the death part. FYI You can watch Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles on Hulu.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Random Hope: They add paid race changes soon, I'm 4 levels away from needing to level something new and I have a Warrior sitting at 50-something. She was a twin to my buddies Warrior but he quit and well..... It's a Gnome. I *hate* Gnomes. I need more Spacegoats.
    My money's on 3.3, or shortly thereafter. The CM's have been tossing the "Soon™" and "Keep your eye on the forums for more details shortly" around too often for me to think otherwise.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Got me my third 80 just now, a Paladin.

Who had a Horseman's helmet and a ring waiting for him.

:smugashell:

Ledneh on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    DISFIGURING RAGE: Sitting out again because they want to "keep the same group."

Why do I even show up?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Why do I even show up?

Because you're justinsane...
    lawls

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

brb, faction changing to horde on Dark Iron.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: Having done all world events (except Pilgrims whatyamacallit) and can now goof of during them.

"Oh, you have to get what from the treat bag?" "you need what costume".

Freedom, delicous freedom.

Hate: Doesn't mean I dont want the mount though. Went on a pug run, 1 guy whined about wanting the helm and then DCed when he was supposed to summon. Then guess what happend. You guess it: another guy had already done his summon and was leeching of the rest of us! Fuckers.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Step 1: /p everyone pick up your quests
    Step 2: /p I can only see 3 other people with the quest in my quest log
    Step 3: /kick person without quest.

Overwhelmingly Happy: So worried I wasn't going to get my squashling so I put together a group last night for HH and first drop was a squashling and everyone passed on it. Violet proto for me.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ben Dixon was way more fun. Until the death part. FYI You can watch Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles on Hulu.

I beg to differ. Lovable oaf that he was, I always prefered the quiet but confident ace of the first robotech war.

Anyway, not sure which I Hate more: losing rolls on good Headless Horseman stuff, or him dropping the same shitty rings every time without variation.

At least with the former I'd know that his loot table was deeper than three fucking rings.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

brb, faction changing to horde on Dark Iron.

Are you alliance on Ravenholdt. If so I saw you, Justinsane last night running into SM. The only reason I didn't kill you (if it was), is because I thought hey, I wonder if this is that dude from the forums, and then you (if it was) vanished into a portal.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: I'm feeling such a breezy sense of freedom having finished the holiday achievements (at Brewfest), that i haven't even bothered to partake in this years Hallow's End. At all.

Hell, i haven't even logged on (although that has more to do with shitty work hours) and i'm not bothered by it at all.

Basically; one character having the achievement is enough for me. I really can't fathom wanting achievements on more than one character. Having them all on one means i can do them, full stop. Thats enough for me.

Hate: Now i want to complete the Tier 0.5 questline on my Dreanei Paladin before Cataclysm, but i'm only 69 1/2. At what level can i reasonably expect to be able to solo it all?

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hate: So many damn runs of H ToC and I never see the robes drop for my mage. I see them all the damn time on my paladin and druid, but never the mage.

Happy: Picked up the Titansteel Spellblade and the badge offhand to replace the staff from H Oculus.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Why do I even show up?

Apparently because you're a glutton for punishment. The guild fucks you every week. Most sensible people woulda left long ago.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: Afternoon classes cancelled due to influenza

Hope: I don't catch the plague

tehmarken on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    tehmarken wrote: »
    Happy: Afternoon classes cancelled due to influenza

Hope: I don't catch the plague

So many people at work have a hacking cough and are calling in
    And it does not help I work at a place where basic hygiene is optional

Day two of lag and people bitching about it at least I can waste the time trick or treating

A hope and happy is my brother and I are talking about getting a new modem to replace the dc happy service we currently have but looking for a new router is a pain

Brainleech on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: Finally got my violent protodrake - no more shitty holiday achievements goooooo. (Until thanksgiving, when the pet will compel me to continue achievement whoring).

LockeCole on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Happy: My warlock's DPS has vastly improved. Creeping in towards 5k DPS even on high mobility fights.

Hate: 50 some-odd hit rating away from specing Imp. Soul Leech.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    H-Motherfuck:I actually beat a 3 person quest(Valanar/Thassarian), by healing it, and then don't get credit because I guess I didn't hit the dude once or twice. Doing it the first time took like 6 minutes because I was healing.

Then I try it again, and immediately am disconnected from the server.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Step 1: /p everyone pick up your quests
    Step 2: /p I can only see 3 other people with the quest in my quest log
    Step 3: /kick person without quest.

Overwhelmingly Happy: So worried I wasn't going to get my squashling so I put together a group last night for HH and first drop was a squashling and everyone passed on it. Violet proto for me.

When I did it the other day it wasn't showing that anyone else had the quest even though they definitely did.

Joeslop on
This discussion has been closed.