As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer 40,000: Angels, Bugs, & Power-armored Hugs

• Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Take telion if your going to buy scout snipers, hes worth the 50 points PLUS he calls his own shots. As for painting ill link you to a friend of mine on SA forums who does pay for models and his work is steller
    Thats his running tally and his works that he has finished altmann. Put it this way, when he lived here he was teaching me how to paint and every time i finsihed something hed have something that i would go "god damnit i hate you"

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    re: ratlings - 5 of the snipers I use today will be ratling models in hopes of achieving good sniper karma.

re: cloaking tech: Wooooooo!
    stealthsuit.jpg

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just FYI I will now be accepting lot requests on the Imperial Guard. For those of you that contacted me about individual units I will be contacting you today, but I will now break that up into lots. Any sized lots will be considered, larger the lot the deeper the discount I go.

For example:

Ever wanted 3 titans?
    $450 and you could have
    IMG_0335.jpg

alqadim on
    edited October 2009
    Nax wrote: »
    re: ratlings - 5 of the snipers I use today will be ratling models in hopes of achieving good sniper karma.

re: cloaking tech: Wooooooo!
    stealthsuit.jpg

Nax ive had good success with telion and a HB with hellfire shells, if its more cost effective to hit a bunch of guys then you can give the HB telions BS of 6 so your scatter is minimal.

Captain Scurvy on
    edited October 2009
    alqadim wrote: »
    Just FYI I will now be accepting lot requests on the Imperial Guard. For those of you that contacted me about individual units I will be contacting you today, but I will now break that up into lots. Any sized lots will be considered, larger the lot the deeper the discount I go.

For example:

Ever wanted 3 titans?
    $450 and you could have
    IMG_0335.jpg

What model is that dude on the right, ive never seen him before?

Captain Scurvy on
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is it bad I'm writing my OWN SpaceWolf army builder in Excel?

Scurvy, you talking about PaintVagrant? Are you on the SA forums?

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    alqadim wrote: »

For example:

Ever wanted 3 titans?
    $450 and you could have
    IMG_0335.jpg

What model is that dude on the right, ive never seen him before?

The model on the left and right are titans that were custom built for me.

alqadim on
    edited October 2009
    altmann wrote: »

Why would it be?

I used Excel for some time before picking up AB

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited October 2009

Yep, i am i know him personally been friends with him since highschool. His fucking work is incredible. Oh and ya im on the SA forums, i usually only post in the tales of goon gamers thread and the new one they are starting of just cool painting shots.

Captain Scurvy on
    edited October 2009
    What are his prices like? Is he opposed to doing squads etc at a time?

altmann on

signature.png
    edited October 2009
    He does whole armies, if you look on that post he gives ageneral structure. His prices are pretty good for the work he does, if you get something in omega you really get what you pay for, scan that link all of those are finished products.

Captain Scurvy on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The idea of getting a professional to paint up my space hulk box is actually surprisingly tempting.

Inquisitor on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmmm decision time. The Sergeants in the Elysian infantry squads don't have laspistols, they have lasguns with under slung grenade launchers. Do I figure out a way to convert them to have pistols, or do I just leave them with their lasguns and paint them very noticeably as sergeants?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited October 2009
    since i can pimp my friends start up business, ill say check out the link paintvagrant does amazing work, and i know hes been looking to paint those BA models.

Captain Scurvy on
    edited October 2009
    you need an SA account to read that link. I don't have one.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmmm decision time. The Sergeants in the Elysian infantry squads don't have laspistols, they have lasguns with under slung grenade launchers. Do I figure out a way to convert them to have pistols, or do I just leave them with their lasguns and paint them very noticeably as sergeants?

Paint them noticeably, or just slap a holster on them somewhere. When the models GW provides don't conform to what they state basic equipment is, I don't really see why you need to go the extra mile to make them fit exactly to standards.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The idea of getting a professional to paint up my space hulk box is actually surprisingly tempting.

Anyone know how much decently painted Space Hulk sets are going for? I still haven't started painting up my 'ebay' set yet, wondering if I should bother trying to (eventually) sell it or just give it to a friend for his birthday.

Sharp101 on
    edited October 2009

Paint them noticeably, or just slap a holster on them somewhere. When the models GW provides don't conform to what they state basic equipment is, I don't really see why you need to go the extra mile to make them fit exactly to standards.

seconded

Nax on
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, now to build a competitive list that I wan't regret spending the money on to get painted.

afeil117 on
    Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    edited October 2009
    Holy shit

Auction 1 - $550

Auction 2
    - $800

Do these sets actually sell at these prices? If so, I need to get painting....

-edit-

Jesus Christ they do. I found two completed sales from the same guy as the second listing there, and both sold for just under $900 with 8-11 bids.

I'm also seeing plenty of individual terminators going for $30-$100 each.

Daaamn

Sharp101 on
    edited October 2009
    you need an SA account to read that link. I don't have one.

Send me your info in a PM altmann ill have vagrant shoot you an email about it.

Captain Scurvy on
    edited October 2009

I third that, besides what self respecting sargent drops into enemy territory without a rifle. It makes more fluff sense for them to be equiped for the long haul.

Captain Scurvy on
    edited October 2009
    The $800 one has 8 bids with 5 days left. Holy sh!t.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    Holy shit

Auction 1 - $550

Auction 2
    - $800

Do these sets actually sell at these prices? If so, I need to get painting....

-edit-

Jesus Christ they do. I found two completed sales from the same guy as the second listing there, and both sold for just under $900 with 8-11 bids.

I'm also seeing plenty of individual terminators going for $30-$100 each.

Daaamn
    Looking over ebay, apparently there are a lot more stupid people out there than I thought. Seriously, how brain damaged to do you to say, 'I can spend $100 on one figure, or $100 on the whole set. Hmmm...'

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited October 2009
    The $800 one has 8 bids with 5 days left. Holy sh!t.

Yeah, I've got to get painting my sets. My store still has a a handful of copies, so if I can get one of these sets painted and sold for a fraction of what this guy is getting for them, I'll pick up another one or two and get painting.

maaan.

Sharp101 on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Pro-painted"

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Re: Sergeant's weapons

Looks like I'll be keeping them stock. That will cut down on the modifications I already have to make to create the six Melta gunners I need.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Pro-painted"

6062t.jpg

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited October 2009
    that model is the worst assembly I've ever had to do....

Nax on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Yep, i am i know him personally been friends with him since highschool. His fucking work is incredible. Oh and ya im on the SA forums, i usually only post in the tales of goon gamers thread and the new one they are starting of just cool painting shots.

goons unite

SJ on
    edited October 2009
    SJ wrote: »

goons unite
    If he's a painted you recommend, I can add him to the OP.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    So, read up on the Tyranid rumors on BoLS. Nothing too outlandish, and most stuff seems like good ideas.

I must have read the wrong thread, as the one I saw ended with some shnozzle saying that as long as you put your models on the second floor of a structure, most of the 'Nid infantry can't assault them :lol:

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
    edited October 2009
    I want to play that guy :P

Nax on
    edited October 2009
    Wulf wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    So, read up on the Tyranid rumors on BoLS. Nothing too outlandish, and most stuff seems like good ideas.

I must have read the wrong thread, as the one I saw ended with some shnozzle saying that as long as you put your models on the second floor of a structure, most of the 'Nid infantry can't assault them :lol:

Actually it's not most 'nid infantry, it's just hormagaunts. Hormagaunts are beasts, and IIRC, beasts don't go up stairs, or something. It's in the BRB somewhere.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited October 2009
    Nothing in the Beast & Cavalry section states this. In fact, after explaining how they move 12" and double distance rolled through terrain, it says:

"Otherwise, they assault just like infantry"

if Walkers can move up levels in a building, I don't see any reasons why dudes on horses, attack dogs, and crazy attack aliens can't

Nax on
    edited October 2009
    Because the rules say they can't. Look in the terrain section about buildings and moving up levels. It's around there somewhere iirc. Also tells you that sorry, no, bikes can't climb to the upper floors of ruins either.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Because the rules say they can't. Look in the terrain section about buildings and moving up levels. It's around there somewhere iirc. Also tells you that sorry, no, bikes can't climb to the upper floors of ruins either.

You know, I want to tell jungle cats that too.
    "Hey, I'm up here in this tree house. You can't get me!"

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
    edited October 2009
    It works best if the jungle cat is riding a motorcycle when you say that.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

And the motorcycle is riding a bear.

SJ on
    edited October 2009
    SJ wrote: »

And the motorcycle is riding a bear.

Which is riding a shark.

I'm so sorry.

Librarian's ghost on