Options

Champions Online - Zero trans fat hero spread

1575860626366

Posts

  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    also god damn the leveling curve is so not in sync with the quests at 30+

    gone through all of the level 30-34 quests now and I'm still not 32. and what am I going to do at 34?

    I won't even get into all of the quest rewards I can't use that are just sitting in my inventory..

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And on a completely random note, I was fooling around with my low level (I he's level 8 right now) munitions character and saw a rather odd advantage for Two-gun mojo(I think?) that gave it double damage if it hit a feared target. I think the advantage was Trick Shot. I thought that was kinda weird since I don't think that there are any abilities in Munitions that add the fear affect. Aren't they all in Darkness? I kinda like these cross-framework type of advantages, since it gives incentive to at least cherry pick synergistic powers as opposed to unrelated powers. Or gives ideas for people who duo to have abilities that feed off each other.

    Are there other abilities like this?

    I believe that Two Gun Mojo can bestow the 'Enraged' status buff, which in turn makes, uh, one of the other Munitions powers more powerful. There's also a click in Might I think that gives the Enraged buff.

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, many of the procs in Munitions go from X% to 100% when Enraged (like the Bullet Ballet advantage that makes it AoE).

    Glal on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    That one was only used for 75 odd years, the one they have now has been in use for centuries.
    To be fair to chrono, the USSR flag was much more manly than the poncy Russian flag.

    GungHo on
  • Options
    BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My Guy

    darthhelmut.th.jpg
    Darth Helmut, Dark Lord of the Sixth (if you've read it, you get a cookie!)

    Bearrorrist on
  • Options
    EnergenoEnergeno Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    That one was only used for 75 odd years, the one they have now has been in use for centuries.
    To be fair to chrono, the USSR flag was much more manly than the poncy Russian flag.

    Yeah. Red, white and blue is such a girly colour combination to have in your flag. You expect the country to be made up of old women knitting.

    Energeno on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    pantsy wrote: »
    Ok here is my go at a male character:


    galaga1.png



    galaga2.png

    Yeah, male, and might, kind of super-man style fly around and hit things hard. That looks pretty good, a lot better than my own terrible attempt.

    costumegalagagalaxianmi.jpg

    Don't even know why I saved it, ultimately I think I didn't use enough white.

    GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    And on a completely random note, I was fooling around with my low level (I he's level 8 right now) munitions character and saw a rather odd advantage for Two-gun mojo(I think?) that gave it double damage if it hit a feared target. I think the advantage was Trick Shot. I thought that was kinda weird since I don't think that there are any abilities in Munitions that add the fear affect. Aren't they all in Darkness? I kinda like these cross-framework type of advantages, since it gives incentive to at least cherry pick synergistic powers as opposed to unrelated powers. Or gives ideas for people who duo to have abilities that feed off each other.

    Are there other abilities like this?

    Chain Gun will fear if you take the advantage for it. I'm about 90% sure this is correct.

    You are correct.

    mrflippy on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    That one was only used for 75 odd years, the one they have now has been in use for centuries.
    To be fair to chrono, the USSR flag was much more manly than the poncy Russian flag.

    Thats what I'm sayin'. Three different color stripes is just so booooring. At least with the hammer and sickle, it had some style.

    Anyways, ahem, about that Champions game. Are there any other advantages in munitions that take advantage of the fear debuff? I was going to make my munitions guy a gun-totin' half-dragon man with munitions and fire abilities. But if there is enough synergy, I might go munitions and darkness and completely revamp him.

    I did notice that enrage does trigger some nice proc buffs in munitions. I'll probably throw in the enrage power from might in at some point.

    chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    so hey u guys

    i want a power builder that doesnt want me to download shit

    basically i want to play with power builds while im at work

    who knows how i can do that?

    eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    so hey u guys

    i want a power builder that doesnt want me to download shit

    basically i want to play with power builds while im at work

    who knows how i can do that?

    1. Download Champion Builder at home
    2. Write down all of the powers and other pertinent information
    3. Take that info into work with you

    :?:

    (I don't think anyone has made anything like a webpage for it yet if that's what you're asking, but I could be wrong)

    mrflippy on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    so hey u guys

    i want a power builder that doesnt want me to download shit

    basically i want to play with power builds while im at work

    who knows how i can do that?

    Easiest way is to stick it on a flash drive. Its a small program. Hell that's how I used to play Dwarf Fortress at work all the time.

    Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That is brilliant...

    IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We're not allowed to use flash drives or memory sticks. Bastards!

    Thats how I played Halo at work.

    Shawnasee on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Energeno wrote: »
    GungHo wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    That one was only used for 75 odd years, the one they have now has been in use for centuries.
    To be fair to chrono, the USSR flag was much more manly than the poncy Russian flag.

    Yeah. Red, white and blue is such a girly colour combination to have in your flag. You expect the country to be made up of old women knitting.
    It's not the colors. It's the style. It's just three horizontal bars. It doesn't have the big strong hammer and sickle. It doesn't even have a nice, Nordic cross or stars or anything beyond just "here's some colors, put them in this order. Ok, we're done here". It's just blah. It needs to be more busy.

    GungHo on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    yeah TK shield + regeneration = four heroes games and 0 deaths.

    Grath on
  • Options
    PhosPhos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The free for all hero game is kind of funny. Can't be killed or kill others due to all the passive defenses, but every few games you get a player or two with out defenses that everyone gangs up on.

    Then it quickly turns into who can kill steal as everyone is chasing down these guys.

    Phos on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Phos wrote: »
    The free for all hero game is kind of funny. Can't be killed or kill others due to all the passive defenses, but every few games you get a player or two with out defenses that everyone gangs up on.

    Then it quickly turns into who can kill steal as everyone is chasing down these guys.

    Exactly :\

    Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Regen seriously needs to be looked into. It's pretty OP compared to everything else in PvP (And maybe PvE) from what I've seen.

    GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Regen seriously needs to be looked into. It's pretty OP compared to everything else in PvP (And maybe PvE) from what I've seen.

    If it stopped working or had severely less power while blocking it would probably be fine.

    Invisible on
  • Options
    PhosPhos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So those of you in the 30+ range, how happy are you with the game? I'm not planning to make any alts this weekend if I can help it and push one of my 20+ characters up to new content as I'm feeling a little burnt out on all the low level stuff.

    I have to assume things aren't THAT much different at the higher levels (with the exception of painful content gaps) but just curious what some opinions are.

    I've heard a few comments here and there that Monster Island is pretty dull and boring... but... it's Monster... Island. Is such a thing possible? :?

    Phos on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    if there existed more than one power that could stop it (haymaker) then maybe that'd be nice.

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    if there existed more than one power that could stop it (haymaker) then maybe that'd be nice.

    Flies stops it but robs you of your own passive.

    But its AoE so you can just run around blocking if you're on a team with someone who can heal you.

    Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    whaaa. man if i cared about pvp i would totally get that skill

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wish they could add an emanation point and costume options to have ranged abilities (that aren't Munitions) come from objects. Guns, wands, staffs, books, relics, voodoo dolls. That would be cool.

    Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dr. Face wrote: »
    I wish they could add an emanation point and costume options to have ranged abilities (that aren't Munitions) come from objects. Guns, wands, staffs, books, relics, voodoo dolls. That would be cool.

    Yeah, I'd like that too.

    mrflippy on
  • Options
    NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    People are just afraid to go pure offense for PvP. Having a hold, block disabler, and a travel power deactivator will let you kill just about anything. TPers as well, it just takes a bit more effort and spamming the travel disabler every couple of seconds.

    Besides in BASH, because you don't get many chances to focus on one person without a bunch of other people attacking you, and any interruption means the person can usually escape.

    Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

    "Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Invocation of Storm Calling works very well in PVP by the way. Just pin up a group of people into the wall, when the timer drops down they all get hit for 1500.

    It's nice.

    You people should check it out. Don't use it against me though.

    Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Neva wrote: »
    People are just afraid to go pure offense for PvP. Having a hold, block disabler, and a travel power deactivator will let you kill just about anything. TPers as well, it just takes a bit more effort and spamming the travel disabler every couple of seconds.

    Besides in BASH, because you don't get many chances to focus on one person without a bunch of other people attacking you, and any interruption means the person can usually escape.

    Hehe, a pure offense was what I was going to try next, but I want to finish off Cover Fire (the name is somewhat a misnomer now though, wtb name change :P).

    Shame the nonelemental/nondimensional offensive passive options are rather limited.
    Aumni wrote: »
    Invocation of Storm Calling works very well in PVP by the way. Just pin up a group of people into the wall, when the timer drops down they all get hit for 1500.

    It's nice.

    You people should check it out. Don't use it against me though.

    Someone was trying to do that last PvP match I was in (a couple patches ago) but it was pretty easy to fight it. Did it get buffed recently or is it affected by str?

    Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is it just me or is the character creator not as robust as advertised/what I imagined it would be?

    -No capes: I don't get it. ((EDIT: I know there are capes! But not for a lot of options where they would be nice to have.))
    -No faces: Am I stuck in standard MMO mode or am I correct in that I am really only stretching/pinching the same face?
    -Not enough hair: we need more hair. Is it with the full masks that there are only like 4 or 5 options for hairstyles? Even the full list is lacking...you know...in comparison.
    -Discrimination: there are options for males that aren't available for females, yet I can have fishnet stockings on a dude? Which is awesome according to the wife. Where did they draw the line?

    Am I being greedy?

    Other gripes/suggestions:
    -Let me turn my toon when I am deciding which of the 16 toons I want to play. Or when I am showing them off to friends.
    -Let me turn while I am looting crafting components or investigating/inspecting/disarming what have you. I'd like to know if I am about to get ganked while I am picking up the passenger manifest.
    -Seen Issue 16 Akinos? Look at the new tabs (or show it to Billy)for character creation...closely...because it's awesome.

    Shawnasee on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tag wrote: »
    Neva wrote: »
    People are just afraid to go pure offense for PvP. Having a hold, block disabler, and a travel power deactivator will let you kill just about anything. TPers as well, it just takes a bit more effort and spamming the travel disabler every couple of seconds.

    Besides in BASH, because you don't get many chances to focus on one person without a bunch of other people attacking you, and any interruption means the person can usually escape.

    Hehe, a pure offense was what I was going to try next, but I want to finish off Cover Fire (the name is somewhat a misnomer now though, wtb name change :P).

    Shame the nonelemental/nondimensional offensive passive options are rather limited.
    Aumni wrote: »
    Invocation of Storm Calling works very well in PVP by the way. Just pin up a group of people into the wall, when the timer drops down they all get hit for 1500.

    It's nice.

    You people should check it out. Don't use it against me though.

    Someone was trying to do that last PvP match I was in (a couple patches ago) but it was pretty easy to fight it. Did it get buffed recently or is it affected by str?

    It isn't that hard to fight actually. If you have teleport or fly it's a non-issue. But you can run around with it on, when the coutner drops it's a ton of damage in a nice area. Gets plenty of kills in BASH

    Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    capes are in chest area back layer, and u can turn the camera around ur toon to showhim off or look behind

    Crovaxan on
    1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the character creator not as robust as advertised/what I imagined it would be?

    -No capes: I don't get it.
    You must have missed them

    -No faces: Am I stuck in standard MMO mode or am I correct in that I am really only stretching/pinching the same face?
    Eye color, facial hair, head size, jaw size, eye size and height etc lots of options to make a unique face.

    -Not enough hair: we need more hair. Is it with the full masks that there are only like 4 or 5 options for hairstyles? Even the full list is lacking...you know...in comparison.
    There is a decent amount of hair but yea, we could always use more.

    -Discrimination: there are options for males that aren't available for females, yet I can have fishnet stockings on a dude? Which is awesome according to the wife. Where did they draw the line?
    Agreed we should be able to have gigantor women as well.

    darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the character creator not as robust as advertised/what I imagined it would be?

    -No capes: I don't get it.
    There are capes. Just you can only use them with tights, essentially.
    -No faces: Am I stuck in standard MMO mode or am I correct in that I am really only stretching/pinching the same face?
    Pretty much, unfortunately.
    -Not enough hair: we need more hair. Is it with the full masks that there are only like 4 or 5 options for hairstyles? Even the full list is lacking...you know...in comparison.
    Huh? This maybe a full mask thing, but iirc, there's at least 20 hairstyles when you don't have a mask. (Off hand, if you have a full mask on, how do you see the hair anyway?)
    -Discrimination: there are options for males that aren't available for females, yet I can have fishnet stockings on a dude? Which is awesome according to the wife. Where did they draw the line?
    There are also options only available to females too. Not sure what you're looking for here.

    chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    capes are in chest area back layer, and u can turn the camera around ur toon to showhim off or look behind

    @ Crox - I was more talking about there aren't capes for a lot of chest options. I know there are capes in the character creator.

    Also, I want to be able to turn around at the character selection screen like you can do in CoH.

    @ Chrono - I'm looking for equality. Why can a dude have fishnets but not something else that only females can have. It doesn't make sense.

    @ Dark -
    Eye color, facial hair, head size, jaw size, eye size and height etc lots of options to make a unique face
    .
    It doesn't make a unique face...they make a distorted (good or bad) version of the same face.
    It's like putting my face as the male face, making the eyes bigger and the nose longer...its still my face...just distorted.

    Shawnasee on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the character creator not as robust as advertised/what I imagined it would be?

    -No capes: I don't get it.
    There are Capes, just only with the tights upper body layer and they are awesome with nice physics.
    -No faces: Am I stuck in standard MMO mode or am I correct in that I am really only stretching/pinching the same face?
    It's the same way face creation is handled in most games, isn't it?

    -Not enough hair: we need more hair. Is it with the full masks that there are only like 4 or 5 options for hairstyles? Even the full list is lacking...you know...in comparison.
    There is a bunch of hair if you choose the correct head options (don't remember the name of them) but yeah full masks have almost no hair because, well it's full masks.

    -Discrimination: there are options for males that aren't available for females, yet I can have fishnet stockings on a dude? Which is awesome according to the wife. Where did they draw the line?
    Never noticed, are you sure you weren't just in the wrong item type?

    Am I being greedy?

    Other gripes/suggestions:
    -Let me turn my toon when I am deciding which of the 16 toons I want to play. Or when I am showing them off to friends.
    Never tried to turn them when logging in so never noticed :P.

    NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Got an odd challenge/request. Does anyone think the can make a decent tights-style costume based on/inspired by this?

    img2529iu.th.jpg

    I kind of want to make a Russian Hero named "Lastochka", but my own costume design attempt was an abortive failure.

    A couple of ideas:

    CO_russianguyovitch.png
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    Also, I want to be able to turn around at the character selection screen like you can do in CoH.

    You can. Just click and drag the screen around your guy.

    Bitstream on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i'm pretty sure i can look around while interacting. maybe you have "unselect target when off screen" on or something

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Invisible wrote: »
    Regen seriously needs to be looked into. It's pretty OP compared to everything else in PvP (And maybe PvE) from what I've seen.

    If it stopped working or had severely less power while blocking it would probably be fine.

    No, and fuck you for even suggesting it. Seriously, if you want to whine about powers and perceived balance issues, go spew all over the official forums like everyone else.

    Regen works well, and works as advertised. There is no reason to fuck it up just because you are too lazy to come up with counters.

    Arguing that it works better than other defenses is more an argument that those defenses were overly nerfed (which they were, IMO).

    God I am sick of lazy fuckers who'd rather see shit nerfed into oblivion than simply work out tactics to overcome.

    Yoshua on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    @ Chrono - I'm looking for equality. Why can a dude have fishnets but not something else that only females can have. It doesn't make sense.

    This...this what I'm asking. What are you looking for that only a female can have but a man can't? You keep referring to *something*. What is that something you're asking for?

    chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
Sign In or Register to comment.