As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ultimate Comics] Divided We Fall

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Uh...4 then sorry

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Uh...4 then sorry

August 8th.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So what did everyone think about Humphries first issue? I felt it was pretty great, with Humphries really nailing the voices for Cap/Iron Man/Thor. It was a little light on plot due to it being mostly the return of Cap/bringing the three back together, but it seems like the book is in good hands.

Preview Art from issue #14
    ULTMTS2011014005_col.jpg
    ULTMTS2011014011_col_02.jpg

Pichelli Variant for Spider-Men #4
    detail.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Are those supposed to be slimmer versions of the War Machine armor? I wonder if Rhodey is in one of them or even know about them.

• Options
    I love having my favorite comics character, Ultimate Cap, back and the way the armor looks makeshift, even if it is goofy as hell.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Seems like Humphries is approaching Ultimates in a more...Millar fashion than Hickman, which isn't necessarily bad.

From that art and this issue I get the feeling it will have more of an action movie-feel with Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye and (probably) Nick Fury as the stars

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Interesting stuff about Morez, that I didnt notice the first time
    He was at the cap thing as well as the end.
    mskIr.jpg

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Who is Morez?

The big reveal was wasted on me.

• Options
    He's a new character, I was just showing that there is more to him than just the end scene.

also,
    Spider-Man #13 Preview

• Options
    See I don't think he is exactly a new character
    the fact the he is playing all of the angles in addition to showing up as a puppet master on a cover and his red and blue eyes make me think he is Ultimate Purple Man

Red+Blue=Purple, after all.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    That doesn't explain the teleportation.

• Options
    I've seen some theories that he might be
    Modi since Modi was basically raised by Loki before Asgard was transported to Earth

• Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    What what? That's a different Asgard in a different universe, isn't it? Or am I not understanding how Asgard works in the Ultimate universe?

• Options
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    What what? That's a different Asgard in a different universe, isn't it? Or am I not understanding how Asgard works in the Ultimate universe?

Well from what I recall (all 2nd hand info), at the end of new ultimates Loki along with Hela and Modi were stuck in hel. At some point after that Asgard was transported back to earth and then was destroyed by The Children of Tomorrow.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    That preview.

No Tony Cap should absolutely blame himself and not because Peter took a bullet for him. Because he then preceded to leave Peter to die in the ruble after an explosion and then went to celebrate at Tony Starks mansion when he should have been digging the poor guy out.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    That preview.

No Tony Cap should absolutely blame himself and not because Peter took a bullet for him. Because he then preceded to leave Peter to die in the ruble after an explosion and then went to celebrate at Tony Starks mansion when he should have been digging the poor guy out.

Yeah, that was really dumb writing.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I've seen some theories that he might be
    Modi since Modi was basically raised by Loki before Asgard was transported to Earth

That is almost definitely who it is.
    Same hair color, and in the last image he is wearing a ring with a rune inscribed on it.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    2 more pages from Ultimates #14 and looks like another dual artist issue :/ (these are Timothy Green II pages), which really annoys me. Not great art is one thing, but at least keep one artist an issue plz. (also that thor is bad)
    1343162280.jpg
    prv13116_pg3.jpg

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Something's happened to Timothy Green since that Star-Lord mini during Annihilation years back.

He just finished Avengers Academy and has some really wonky poses, Quicksilver looked like instead of a dashing running pose he was going to run right into the ground.

• Options
    That is all around bad, but the close ups on Thor's face are especially awful. If it's only a fill-in assignment for a partial issue, Marvel should be able to get someone better than that.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Yeesh.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    It really hurts to go from Ribic, to Ross/Army of artists to Tan/Green II. I mean Ross and Tan aren't the best artists around, but I would be all right with it if they were the sole artists on their issues/arcs.

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    Yeah I think that Humphries' writing is still solid but jesus Ultimates went from the prettiest book on the stands to eeeeeeh really quick

I think the biggest loss is Dean White, cause that dude can make even Billy Tan's pencils look great
    uxf_09_03.jpg

I am assuming he is moving to Avengers with Opena and Hickman

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    A little bit of X-Men/Tian info from this weeks Axel-In-Charge
    We've had some redesign talk around the web of late due to Marvel NOW!, but reader 5cents had a question about costumes in the Ultimate U, saying, "I was wondering if the rest of the former x-men members in the ultimate world be getting new costumes too? (Jean, Storm etc)"

Alonso: Yes, 5cents, just as we rolled out new designs for Kitty, Ice Man, Jimmy Hudson and Rogue, you’ll be seeing Storm, Jean and others in new duds soon.

He follows up with this, "With Divided We Fall and the fall out of it taking up the rest of the year and more in the Ultimate Universe I was wondering if there would be a one shot or mini dwelling more into the Tian situation or even what Ultimate X is doing while Divided We Fall is happening?"

Alonso: Tian will be playing a very important role in a future arc of the X-Men, the seeds of which are being planted in issue 17

Can't wait! Wood's first two issus of X-Men have been fantastic.

• Options
    That preview.

Yeah, that was really dumb writing.

Actually I think the whole idea that the superheros are sort of self obsessed and sloppy was good but that they don't seem to be following through. Cap should have told Tony off for ignoring their part in it. He should be trying to be a real hero.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Spider-Man was fantastic as always, though depending on what happens in Spider-Men #4 it could def make timelines / continuity confusing.
    Also, I'm probably guessing Judge becomes venom next arc :/

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I can't believe it's been a year since Miles has been introduced.

He's becoming one of my favorite characters ever. And yeah, this issue was fantastic.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    cover to ultimates 15 (was a thumbnail in spider-man 13)
    uTWpn.jpg

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    So what did everyone think about Humphries first issue? I felt it was pretty great, with Humphries really nailing the voices for Cap/Iron Man/Thor. It was a little light on plot due to it being mostly the return of Cap/bringing the three back together, but it seems like the book is in good hands.

Preview Art from issue #14
    ULTMTS2011014005_col.jpg
    ULTMTS2011014011_col_02.jpg

Pichelli Variant for Spider-Men #4
    detail.jpg

Oh wow Gwen really changes in design between the older Ultimate Spider-Man (Around volume 7 or so) and the more recent one.

• Options
    Spider-Men #4 Preview
    Bendis is insisting on twitter it will make sense continuity wise by the end.

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Spider-Men #4 Preview

Seems clear. Spider-Men as a whole seems to take place after the events in the the past two issues of Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Post-Uncle death and post-Miles meeting Aunt May and Stacy. As Miles is able to tell them at 616 Peter is legit and they stop kicking the shit out of him.

Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    Spider-Men #4 Preview

Seems clear. Spider-Men as a whole seems to take place after the events in the the past two issues of Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Post-Uncle death and post-Miles meeting Aunt May and Stacy. As Miles is able to tell them at 616 Peter is legit and they stop kicking the shit out of him.

Can't be.
    Spider-men it seems must take place early in the first Ultimates arc*. USM's current arc is synced with this current arc. Presumably Miles and Aunt May just arn't fully introduced before the Spider-men leave.

*Cap is absent from the roster and Nick Fury is in charge.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Spider-Men #4 Preview

Can't be.
    Spider-men it seems must take place early in the first Ultimates arc*. USM's current arc is synced with this current arc. Presumably Miles and Aunt May just arn't fully introduced before the Spider-men leave.

I'm of the mindset that Bendis cares little about what's going on in Ultimates, and his comments were just related to how Spider-Men syncs up with Ultimate Spider-Man. It's not like Bendis hasn't completely ignored what others are doing outside of his bubble.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Anyone kind of want to see 616 Spidey just school Ultimate grumpy pants Cap?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Spider-Men #4 Preview

Can't be.

I'm of the mindset that Bendis cares little about what's going on in Ultimates, and his comments were just related to how Spider-Men syncs up with Ultimate Spider-Man. It's not like Bendis hasn't completely ignored what others are doing outside of his bubble.

To be fair, Spider-Men is meant to be an "Iconic" story, so Fury would be better than having Flumm deal with this.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Seeing this is Ultimate Fury we're talking about, I can totally picture him sneaking around the Triskelion while Flumm's not looking to keep doing the same sort of stuff he did when he was still in charge. That and the added bonus of stealing Flumm's marked lunch from the break room's fridge.

• Options
    Spider-Men #4 Preview

Can't be.

Uh no. If Bendis says that the continuity will match up then he cares.

They mention having whole charts to keep the timeline strait.

And USM is doing a pretty serious cameo with the Ultimates right now.

And has always been consistent with with the rest of the universe.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Spider-Men #4 Preview

Can't be.

If Bendis says that the continuity will match up then he cares.

They mention having whole charts to keep the timeline strait.

And USM is doing a pretty serious cameo with the Ultimates right now.

And has always been consistent with with the rest of the universe.
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Seeing this is Ultimate Fury we're talking about, I can totally picture him sneaking around the Triskelion while Flumm's not looking to keep doing the same sort of stuff he did when he was still in charge. That and the added bonus of stealing Flumm's marked lunch from the break room's fridge.

Except that's the old Ultimates team before the recent shake-up.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Only other place it'd fit is in the middle of the Uncle Aaron arc, as Ultimate Spidey #11 clearly shows May and Gwen returning home from Paris for the first time. And May asking to meet with Miles at Stark's behest. Assumedly, that meeting is the one shown in #13. Prior to #11, they weren't in the US. So either the meeting in Spider-Men takes place directly after #11. Or after #13. It literally does not fit anywhere else.

Bendis has a solid track record of saying one thing and having another happen, despite what is probably best intentions. If he makes it all work, awesome. But, my guess is he'll go his own way, as he has in the past.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Only other place it'd fit is in the middle of the Uncle Aaron arc, as Ultimate Spidey #11 clearly shows May and Gwen returning home from Paris for the first time. And May asking to meet with Miles at Stark's behest. Assumedly, that meeting is the one shown in #13. Prior to #11, they weren't in the US. So either the meeting in Spider-Men takes place directly after #11. Or after #13. It literally does not fit anywhere else.

Bendis has a solid track record of saying one thing and having another happen, despite what is probably best intentions. If he makes it all work, awesome. But, my guess is he'll go his own way, as he has in the past.

It has to take place after 13.
    When they were fighting the illusions, Miles said "Uncle Aaron... but you're..." insinuating it was post him dying in 12.