As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ultimate Comics] Divided We Fall

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    New armor actually looks good with that paint job.

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So X-Men was really good again. Love what Wood is doing / going. And Next week is the "big decision" in Ultimats #15! (Spider-Men #5 and Spider-man #15 are also out)

Unlettered Iron Man preview!
    ultim2012001001_col_02.jpg
    ultim2012001003_col_02.jpg
    ultim2012001004_col2_02.jpg
    ultim2012001005_col2_02.jpg

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Nice

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Reminds me of when Colossus stopped that train in Ultimate X-Men way back when

• Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    That looks incredibly idiotic. Yes, yes, major reference to the tons of characters like Superman Spiderman Colossus who've stopped a train like that, but damnit, use the Rocket Boots as a brake thruster! Providing force is what they're designed for, not as a source of friction.

Zyrxil on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    That looks incredibly idiotic. Yes, yes, major reference to the tons of characters like Superman Spiderman Colossus who've stopped a train like that, but damnit, use the Rocket Boots as a brake thruster! Providing force is what they're designed for, not as a source of friction.
    You're

kinda overanalyzing this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So the big spoiler about Ultimates 16 dropped:
    Ultimates-issue-16_02.jpg

Pretty much what I expected.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Hope he does better at the job then his 2099 clone.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Not surprising, but excited to see where it goes!
    It'll def be interesting to see where he is post UWS, I mean. http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/marvel-has-our-next-president-captain-america/2012/09/17/279a6bd0-00fa-11e2-b260-32f4a8db9b7e_story.html
    Though the "hype" that this had never been done is kinda false, as the president superman. Though it'll be interesting to see a non-superhuman deal with his UItimates duties and his President duties.

UltimateInferno on

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Not surprising, but excited to see where it goes!
    It'll def be interesting to see where he is post UWS, I mean. http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/marvel-has-our-next-president-captain-america/2012/09/17/279a6bd0-00fa-11e2-b260-32f4a8db9b7e_story.html
    Though the "hype" that this had never been done is kinda false, as the president superman. Though it'll be interesting to see a non-superhuman deal with his UItimates duties and his President duties.

Well,
    It's new in that its actually going to have an effect on the world.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

Called it! *self high five*

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It's a good move, even better if
    they actually have Cap fix a lot of stuff, and don't make some kind of statement about needing to be a politician or have him crumble under the pressure.

I await the reunification of the United States of Americap, where we then kick Xorn and Zorn in the face and nuke Germany just to be safe and he sucker punches Miles because he needs to be trained!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Images of said spoiler (but to warn yas, it is on the front page of a bunch of comic sites)
    prv13610_pg1.jpg
    prv13610_pg2.jpg
    prv13610_pg3.jpg
    prv13610_pg4.jpg

Also, from Spider-Men #5
    spimen2012005_int_lr_0003-4.jpg

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    edited September 2012
    You're

kinda overanalyzing this

I'm not analyzing it at all, it seems obvious to me. Use Rocket Boots as Rocket Boots. Stark's supposed to be a genius, not just a guy with a super suit, so he should be written like one.

Zyrxil on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ultimates was Humphries best issue yet!
    Spider-Man was kind of filler issue, but still pretty all right. Though it's looking that Miles will join the Ultimates.
    Spider-Men ended
    The 616 mysterio is in jail in the ultimate universe. Peter gives Miles his approval and what not. Also, the end is Peter web searching Miles Morales, and it ends with Peter going "Oh my god". The mini series was a fun mini series, and issue 4 was easily the highlight.

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Spider-Man was kind of filler issue, but still pretty all right. Though it's looking that Miles will join the Ultimates.
    Spider-Men ended
    The 616 mysterio is in jail in the ultimate universe. Peter gives Miles his approval and what not. Also, the end is Peter web searching Miles Morales, and it ends with Peter going "Oh my god". The mini series was a fun mini series, and issue 4 was easily the highlight.
    Hum....I wonder if Miles in the 616 turned out to have died like peter in the ultimate universe trying to be a hero (maybe with different or even similar powers).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Marquez is killing it on Ultimate Spider-Man. I'd rather Pichelli replace Tan on Ultimates than come back. Then there'd be great art on both titles. Tan's work is... uneven.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    Marquez is killing it on Ultimate Spider-Man. I'd rather Pichelli replace Tan on Ultimates than come back. Then there'd be great art on both titles. Tan's work is... uneven.

Eaton's the new artist for the new arc starting in issue #19

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Spider-Men ended
    Hum....I wonder if Miles in the 616 turned out to have died like peter in the ultimate universe trying to be a hero (maybe with different or even similar powers).

That would be kind of a letdown.
    Getting us all excited about seeing Peter meet 616 Miles only to take that away. Also, that would mean that a lot of the sequel would take place in flashback.

My guess would be that 616 Miles is a criminal who grew up under the influence of Uncle Aaron, creating an interesting inverse of Peter Parker's own relationship with his uncle while also giving Peter a compelling reason to seek out 616 Miles and interfere in his life.

• Options
    Well, Miles appeared in a small scene where he was saved by spider-man in Spider-Man season 1. And those are supposed to be canon?

• Options
    No, they aren't.

Season Ones are their own thing.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Wouldnt miles be as old as peter in 616? He might be a full blown supervillan/hero by now.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Wouldnt miles be as old as peter in 616? He might be a full blown supervillan/hero by now.

Yeah, he would.

Man, imagine young Miles confronting an older, evil version of himself in the 616 universe. After what Ultimate Prowler said to him, that would be a real kick in the pants.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Is there currently an active Prowler in 616? (that's a weird sentence)
    If not, he's totally Prowler.

• Options
    December Ultimate Solicits! Ultimates gets a point 1, Scott Eaton is the artist on Ultimates #19 (Which is an upgrade from Tan/Ross at least). Storm returns to X-Men!
    ULTIM2012003_cov.jpg
    ULTIMATE COMICS IRON MAN #3 (of 4)
    NATHAN EDMONDSON (W)
    MATTEO BUFFAGNI (A)
    Cover by FRANK STOCKTON
    • Tony and Rhodey against a sky full of Stark drones!
    • What secret lies in Howard Stark’s past, and what does Tony know about it?
    • Iron Man comes face to face with THE MANDARIN!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ULTMTSPO2011018_cov.jpg
    ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #18.1
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • DALE EAGLESHAM (A)
    Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    • Can America recover after the dramatic events of United We Stand?
    • President Cap takes charge!
    • Thor’s momentous decision!
    • Perfect jumping on point for new readers!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

ULTMTS2011019_cov.jpg
    ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #19
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • SCOT EATON (A)
    Cover by ADI GRANOV
    • After United We Stand, AMERICAN RECONSTRUCTION begins!
    • Can the United States ever be truly reunited?
    • President Cap comes face to face with a painful reality!
    • The debut of the IRON PATRIOT!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ULTSM2011018_cov_color.jpg
    ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #18
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A&C)
    • The world is at war and Miles Morales is miles from home!
    • Miles has joined the Ultimates but that decision may have cost him his family.
    • Our young super hero has to make some big decisions and he has to make them now!
    • Guest-starring the ULTIMATES!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ULTXM2011020_cov.jpg
    ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #20
    BRIAN WOOD (W)
    CARLO BARBERI (A)
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    • The RESERVATION X arc continues as STORM helps teraform the reservation
    • Rogue gets an unexpected visitor
    • Mach Two’s play for power takes a new turn
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Patriot
    I originally assumed it was Tony in the suit, but maybe it will be Rhodey like in the movie
    Though it has the chest area thingy of Tony's newest suit...

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So, they finally revealed who Morez is
    No surprise, it's Modi. Though it'll be interesting to see what his "game" is.
    Ross is a def improvement over Tan, though there are still some panels that are :/. Other than that, the issue was fairly decent again. Though it def was "set-up" the new status quo issue. Humphries still seems to be trying to find his style, and is a little all over the place at times. Though he seems to clean up all the broken/independent states stuff a little too quickly / neatly. It'll be interesting to see where he takes it after UWS. Still enjoying it, but it's probably the weakest of the three ultimate books (though with a book like Wood's X-Men and Bendis' Spider-Man that's not really an insult)

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Unlettered Preview of Ultimates #17 at CBR, has the spoilers on who Morez is.
    prv13758_cov.jpg

prv13758_pg1.jpg

prv13758_pg2.jpg

prv13758_pg3.jpg

prv13758_pg4.jpg

UltimateInferno on

• Options

• Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Did uh, did they really go with "Miles is Miles away from home?"

Cool panel though. I'm always impressed how artists can make Spider-man look anguished despite the fact the majority of his face and body is covered by a suit.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Mohawk Ororo!

Yuss!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    amazing variant cover for iron man 1 by Gabrielle Del’Otto.
    VTESq.jpg

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    Cover for Spider-Man #16

detail.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Spider-Man #16 Preview!

Iron Man #1 Preview!

Larraz is doing a pretty good job of imitating Marquez' style (Ponsor's awesome coloring job probably sells it just as well).
    Iron Man is just that letterless preview from before, but with text now. Really like the final page with the credits. Also, like that they are continuing with the line side border things after UWS.

UltimateInferno on

• Options
    1350220905.jpg

1350220944.jpg

1350220994.jpg

1350220942.jpg

Stuff from the Panel:

"He's going to do something with the X-Men that's never been done," said Singh. "You're going to be really surprised by this one when you see it in a great Brian Wood way."

When a fan asked about plans for Ultimate Jessica Drew to get her character more fleshed out, Pannicia and Humphries leaned away from the microphone and had a brief conversation before Pannicia leaned in and said, "Keep reading."

Havoc will be back sometime in 2013.

"Nick Fury has been in 'Ultimate X-Men.' He's a guy who's spent most of his professional life working for S.H.I.E.L.D.," said Humphries. "He has a contingency plan on what would happen if this ever happened to him and he's about to pull it off."

Singh teased new costumes for the X-Men, giant battles with big Sentinels and more.

Pannicia also confirmed more on the Ultimate Beetle will likely be coming up in 2013 in "Ultimate Spider-Man."

The lightning round of yes-or-no questions started -- including Pannicia answering a fans question about a book beyond the core three Ultimate books such as an "Ultimates Runaways" book. Pannicia answered, "Yes."

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    1350220905.jpg

Hooray for chest hair

• Options
    edited October 2012
    "He's going to do something with the X-Men that's never been done," said Singh. "You're going to be really surprised by this one when you see it in a great Brian Wood way."

This is just completely not believable. The X-Men have had the same themes the very beginning, and really the XMen now are still as they were defined in the 80s.

Zyrxil on
  • Options

This is just completely not believable. The X-Men have had the same themes the very beginning, and really the XMen now are still as they were defined in the 80s.

You realize that they're talking about Ultimate X-Men, right? That book is pretty different.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Has there ever been a story that's just been "eh, mutants are okay." Like not the typical "Mankind fears mutants" or the opposite "Mutants rule mankind in a dystopian future" but just plain old "mutants are just everyday people and while there's a always going to be mutant haters, for the most part people just don't care anymore."