As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Ultimate Comics] Divided We Fall

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Didn't have that issue, sorry Tobes.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The Tony/Britain ones were more just a at first glance type thing, but Hawkeye still threw me for a sec, even re-looking now. altho it's not as W shaped as I remember, I can see the arrow they were going for , still
    ultimatehawkeyewonderman.jpg

vs

109689-114119-wonder-man_super.jpg

(couldn't find it without coat on google) ,

Totally made me look twice to wonder why Wonderman had a bow heh.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited March 2012
    David Marquez's first issue of UCSM(issue 9) preview

Looks great and is a great complimentary artist to Pichelli! Ponsor being an awesome colorist helps a lot as well.

UltimateInferno on

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    incidentally

Wonder-Man's costume is so bad

Also an unlettered preview of Ultimates #9

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4158&page=1

We might get to see that new armor Tony and Thor were working on already :)

love

that

art

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think I'd hate to be the one that adds word balloons, I dunno if I could bring myself to cover over art with a big white blank circle.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am still a little bummed we haven't gotten a new Ultimate F4 book

even a mini would do

Ben and Sue and newlyweds, Mar-Vell as the space cadet/scientist and Nova as the snarky young kid learning the ropes

please Marvel

CYpGAPn.png
    edited April 2012
    Ben or Sue is appearing in Ultimates 10 at least :) and whoever appears plays a big part in the the ending of the arc in issue 12

UltimateInferno on

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    love

that

art

It looks good, except everyone in this book is always screaming. It's a bit weird to read a book when every face is drawn with their mouth completely for 10 pages in a row.

Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am still a little bummed we haven't gotten a new Ultimate F4 book

even a mini would do

Ben and Sue and newlyweds, Mar-Vell as the space cadet/scientist and Nova as the snarky young kid learning the ropes

please Marvel

yeah why does this not exist

what is up with that

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Man, I just read SHIELD for the first time, and it was one of the coolest things I have ever read. Is Hickman's run on Ultimate whatever of comparable quality? I think I need to buy everything this man has ever created.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    It is very, very good.

Quire.jpg
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    My UF4 would be Ben, Sue, SHIELD handler Amadeus Cho, and Ultimate Adam Warlock. It'd be a little doc Savage-style two fisted action, and a little Stargate SG-1. Cause that show was fun.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    Bendis said media outlets will be revealing what spider-men is on wednesday.

Amadeus Cho is one of my top 10 characters I can't wait to see ultimatized.

Quire.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Man, I just read SHIELD for the first time, and it was one of the coolest things I have ever read. Is Hickman's run on Ultimate whatever of comparable quality? I think I need to buy everything this man has ever created.

Have you read Secret Warriors? Because if you haven't you should.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Have you read Secret Warriors? Because if you haven't you should.

Not yet. Money is tight, and I only buy one or two trades a month. I have heard good things about it, so I will add it to the "buy some day" list.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The entire Secret Warriors will be available in omnibus format during the Summer for 100 retail but only around 60 dollars on Amazon.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    I haven't talked to anyone who actually enjoyed the entire Secret Warriors experience.

I haven't talked to anyone who actually enjoyed the entire Secret Warriors experience.

I did!

edited April 2012
    Yep, it's a crossover!
    image.jpg
    To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man, Marvel Comics is bringing together two versions of the iconic character — one who is white and one who’s a dead ringer for A-Rod — in a mashup that pays homage to everyday New York.

A new five issue mini-series, “Spider-Men,” available starting in July, uses a common villain to bring the two heroes from different alternate realities.

“For the 50th anniversary of Spider-Man, what everyone was looking for was a Spider-Man story that mattered,” says series writer Brian Bendis. “Well, here you go.”

When Marvel introduced Miles Morales — a half-black, half-Latino teen — as the new Spider-Man in one of its comic lines last year, it made national headlines. Critics grumbled it was a character who would never make it alongside the original Spider-Man known to generations of fans since he was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko in 1962.

But Morales got a key stamp of approval from Lee. “Doing our bit to try to make our nation, and the world, color blind is definitely the right thing,” the comic book legend told The News.

Bendis agreed. “Someone had once said to me, ‘When I was a kid, I could only play Spider-Man, I couldn’t play Batman or Superman because my friends would say you’re not the same color, but I could play Spider-Man because when I fantasized about Spider-Man, he looked like me under the mask.’

“That was a big inspiration.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-comics-brings-special-versions-spider-man-including-dead-ringer-a-rod-article-1.1059630#ixzz1rj6aOUDb

UltimateInferno on

• RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    GOD DAMN IT

Should be pretty good!

Robcham wrote: »
    GOD DAMN IT

Why? It will probably be really fun.

Quire.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Bendis said "this will be the Spider-Man story that matters." I can't really think of anything it won't do less.

huntresssig.jpg
    Remember when Bendis said that the only time that Ultimate would ever cross over with 616 is when Marvel ran out of ideas?

That was my initial reaction is all

but then hey it might be good

or maybe this is the bargaining stage

spider men is the bargaining stage for the creative bankruptcy of the industry started by before watchmen

huntresssig.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I find it weird that the news story isn't about the crossover at all but instead about race. I would've liked to have heard more about the crossover.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Robcham wrote: »
    Remember when Bendis said that the only time that Ultimate would ever cross over with 616 is when Marvel ran out of ideas?

That was my initial reaction is all

That's how I feel.

For whatever reason I've never liked the Ultimate stories when it does these kind of universe hoppings or time travel, as it doesn't feel like the Ultimate universe when it does that. That Ultimate Power mini was a mess, Ultimate X-Men turned sour when Kirkman introduced time traveling Wolverine, Millar had the closest success with the zombie world but at the same time his Skrull time travel story with Ben Grimm felt out of place.

For whatever reason, super advanced cities that can kill asgardians makes sense here, universe hopping doesn't.

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Arivia wrote: »
    I can't really think of anything it won't do less.

Double negative; you are SUPER EXCITED.

At any rate, I can't think of a villain the Spider-Men actually have in common at this point. Is it peer pressure?

Sneaks on
    the crossover could be cool since well, Peter meets Miles, Miles learns tricks from Peter, Peter learns how his Ultimate counterpart is dead as a door nail

yeah

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Bendis never said that.

It was Quesada.

And I'm excited, mainly because with Ultimate Peter dead this can be a really interesting story.

Sneaks wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    I can't really think of anything it won't do less.

Double negative; you are SUPER EXCITED.

At any rate, I can't think of a villain the Spider-Men actually have in common at this point. Is it peer pressure?

I blame exam season. It rots my brain.

huntresssig.jpg
    edited April 2012
    I think it would be an interesting thing for slott to play up (after the mini-series), of seeing knowing that a version of you dies from being Spider-Man.

But yeah, excited for this (and maybe he will end up getting webs from 616 peter?)

Also, wish that joeyQ quote would go away. It was something he said at the beginning of the ultimate verse, and the current ultimate verse/ultimate spider-man is way diff.

UltimateInferno on

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I find it weird that the news story isn't about the crossover at all but instead about race. I would've liked to have heard more about the crossover.

Yeah, I was going to comment on that, but stopped myself.

Seriously, that first sentence of the quoted article is weird.

Munch wrote: »

Yeah, I was going to comment on that, but stopped myself.

Seriously, that first sentence of the quoted article is weird.

They hammer that "LOOKS LIKE A-ROD" thing a lot more than I even quoted, it's really weird, but I wanna say it's more about hoping people will see the name and latch on or something.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Official sypnosis:
    When Spider-Man tracks down one of his deadliest villains, he suddenly finds himself thrust into another world where Peter Parker is dead…and there's a new Spider-Man in town. As these two heroes learn the truth about their identities and their universes, they'll embark on a journey that'll leave them forever changed-and reveal a startling truth about a key player in the Spider-Man mythos!

So Peter in the Ultimate world.

Calling it now, the scene between Aunt May and 616 Peter will make me bawl like a baby.

edited April 2012
    Really excited for this now.

Also, X-Men 10 was pretty good, but can't help wondering what plot threads will actually continue under Wood.

UltimateInferno on

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    The last time they hyped up a meeting of the two universes which was suppose to occur with the Fantastic Four we ended up with zombies instead.

That was an awesome switch.

Can we get something like that?