As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twisted Pixel Thread - Ms. Splosion Man OUT NOW! 800 POINTS! RAVE REVIEWS!

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Been through several levels of the first world. I'm a bit rusty but I feel like everything is clicking again, and I'm enjoying some of the new mechanics they've added in (especially the pink splode fields).

PaperLuigi44 on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Im psyched to finally be able to click that "purchase full version" button thats been on the beta foreeeever.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Ms. Splosion Man, lives up to expectations?

Is it made out of Rainbows, giggles, and unicorn farts?

Y / N

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    How is it different from the original then? Not that more of that would be a bad thing.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ms. Splosion Man, lives up to expectations?

Is it made out of Rainbows, giggles, and unicorn farts?

Y / N

Y

Also, how is it different? it replaces the tutu with something even more awesome.

I've played through the demo 3-4 times and after the first every time i immediately skip a level to activate that 'curse'.

Also, there are several new types of effects compared to Splosion man. For instance there is a bouncy trampoline, also some levels are jump centric like jumping from car to car in a jetsons like freeway. There is also a cannon that you get put into that has some timed rotations you need to get right, and these were just in the demo so im sure theres much more.

Also, the game just looks better. The first boss was very well done (Not so much in gameplay changes how to fight him but in how he looks and moves)

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    No matter how many people buy this game, not enough people will buy this game.

chamberlain on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    How is it different from the original then? Not that more of that would be a bad thing.

In the first world I've seen zip lines, grills in mid-air that recharge your sploding, fields that allow for unlimited sploding within them and like azith mentioned, Donkey Kong barrel cannons (essentially) and trampolines.

All of which is pretty fun.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The panels that recharge you were in the original game, they've just been redesigned. Originally they were just spurts of flame on walls. I've completed the game - there's also some crazy stuff later:
    Orbs that you have to pinball around and hit into or past various receptacles, and barrels that knock you between the foreground or background. The pink splode panels also turn the game on its head at some points, making objectives into obstacles.

The ending, by the way, is just as crazy awesome (if not moreso) than the previous game.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Willeth wrote:
    The panels that recharge you were in the original game, they've just been redesigned. Originally they were just spurts of flame on walls. I've completed the game - there's also some crazy stuff later:
    Orbs that you have to pinball around and hit into or past various receptacles, and barrels that knock you between the foreground or background. The pink splode panels also turn the game on its head at some points, making objectives into obstacles.

The ending, by the way, is just as crazy awesome (if not moreso) than the previous game.

All the stuff in the spoiler, I thought works really well to mix things up.

forumsig.png
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    The option to "Buy Retro City Rampage" in the Arcade taunts me.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    JonBob wrote:
    The option to "Buy Retro City Rampage" in the Arcade taunts me.

I KNOW! I saw the same thing and got so excited.

I am also very excited for the return of HARDCORE mode. It was so hard/fun in Splosion Man. Im on level 2-4 now, and loving every second.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I got paid today. This is SO BOUGHT.

I activated the curse in the trial and I had to put my controller down because I was laughing so hard.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Oh My. The Curse. I wasn't sure it could live up to the mystery hype you guys had been giving it but I certainly did laugh.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Huh, I guess it has been a while since I've played the original, I must have forgotten those panels.

Loving this game the more I progress.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or Ms. Spolsion Man balls hard? Or am I just that rusty? I didn't have this much trouble with Super Meat Boy.

It is balls hard. The hardcore mode is going to take a very long time.

Collected all shoes in world 1, I can only assume it gets harder from here. I'll probably skip a step an just create my rage engine, powered by sorrow and tears, to rip the world in two now...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Finished world 1 (no not all shoes).

Twisted Pixel, all is forgiven. Let us walk arm in arm into the sunset and never speak the words 'Comic Jumper' again.

Now repeat after me, 'Build the story around the game, not the game around the story.'

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Need some help from someone who has finished the game.

3-6 appears to be impossible...

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Two Girls One Controller is the best idea

Just goddamn

Finished world 1 (no not all shoes).

Twisted Pixel, all is forgiven. Let us walk arm in arm into the sunset and never speak the words 'Comic Jumper' again.

Now repeat after me, 'Build the story around the game, not the game around the story.'

Same here, that boss fight was a lot more enjoyable than the Splosion Man boss fights, too.

Also, TP have got QTEs figured out.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    The multiplayer levels are so good.

• LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    I knew I was going to buy the game anyway, but I wanted to try and be rational about things, so I downloaded the trial and waited for a laugh-out-loud moment to get me to buy it. That moment ended up being the opening Beard video.

Loving the game so far! I'm almost done with the first world, very few shoes but have found all secret exits so far. Twisted Pixel always delivers on teh funnies, but it's nice to have a good game to wrap their amazing presentation around again. :)

Back it up like a dump truck

Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    JESUS like... the 2nd half of world two, it all just falls apart for me. I can't complete any of these levels almost. Thankfully the curse is hilarious, and is actually an incentive to chea ton the game...

edited July 2011
    This is definitely more difficult than 'Splosion man was. I am not sure that this is a good thing.

chamberlain on
    I swear I remember reading an interview with somebody from TP saying that Ms. Splosion Man was not going to be as difficult as the first game.

Skull2185 wrote:
    I swear I remember reading an interview with somebody from TP saying that Ms. Splosion Man was not going to be as difficult as the first game.

Lies.

I never ran into a level in the first game where I just had no idea what to do. Gave up on 3-6 last night and am still pissed off about it.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Two Girls One Controller is the best idea

Just goddamn

I played through one level that way.

I will never try a second.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Lunker wrote:
    I knew I was going to buy the game anyway, but I wanted to try and be rational about things, so I downloaded the trial and waited for a laugh-out-loud moment to get me to buy it. That moment ended up being the opening Beard video.

...and then there's the unlockable Beard video. *shudder*

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    Played through the trial and bought immediately. Still need to finish the first sometime though.

XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
    cloudeagle wrote:
    Lunker wrote:

The wet drippy one? That one's awesome too, hilarious anyway.

I like the one they went with though.

Your move, Unreal

Skull2185 wrote:
    cloudeagle wrote:
    Lunker wrote:

The wet drippy one? That one's awesome too, hilarious anyway.

I like the one they went with though.

Your move, Unreal

The extremely awkward way he says it absolutely sells it.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Every Total Recall reference brings a big smile to both me and my girlfriend.

forumsig.png
    Comic Jumper had at least one Total Recall reference as well. Somebody at TP loves that movie I guess (rightfully so)

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I'm taking my time, am on the second half of world two and loving it.

This game is second only to the Super mario games in making me curse like a pirate.
    Only found one secret world so far tho. Is there any reward for finding everything thats known yet?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Sooooo.....

Final boss?
    That was really, really dumb.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Sooooo.....

Final boss?

Personally, I laughed my ass off.
    They had me the second I thought "PUNCH-OUT!" and then they owned me the second 'The Running Man' was quoted.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    edited July 2011
    Sooooo.....

Final boss?

Personally, I laughed my ass off.
    They had me the second I thought "PUNCH-OUT!" and then they owned me the second 'The Running Man' was quoted.
    Yes, but I want to 'splode, not play an homage to a title that has not aged well.

chamberlain on
    edited July 2011
    Even if it is a vague reference, please put stuff about the final boss in spoiler tags.

re: post above mine.

PaperLuigi44 on
    Looking forward to Twisted Pixel's next game? It's called the Gunstringer, and looks to be one of the few games to use Kinect in interesting ways. It's not coming to XBLA, it's going to retail... but those crazy people are packing in bales of value anyway.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/22/the-gunstringer-will-be-40-comes-with-fruit-ninja-kinect-and-f/#continued
    Mark your calendars for a bullet-slinging, fruit-slashing party this September because Twisted Pixel's Kinect-enabled action shooter "The Gunstringer" AND the highly anticipated "Fruit Ninja Kinect" will be bundled together at retail for just $39.99 USD! Whether you shoot-em-up or slice-em-up, YOU are the controller in these two fun, action-packed titles. The retail bundle will be available September 13 in North America, Australia, New Zealand and Asia; and September 16 in EMEA.

In "The Gunstringer", you control a fiery gun-toting marionette through his adventures, combining solo platforming and shooting mechanics into fun, competitive action with a full suite of collectables, unlockables, abilities, rewards and more. Plus, as a special bonus to celebrate the release of "The Gunstringer," players can also download a free add-on pack for the game at launch called "The Wavy Tube Man Chronicles" which pits players against the time-traveling son of Wavy Tube Man, the first boss players battle in the game. In this add-on, Wavy Tube Man Jr. steals a time machine to prevent his father's death at the hands of "The Gunstringer," and it's up to players to battle classic western cowboys and futuristic warriors to save the world from destruction.

Along with the disc for "The Gunstringer,"the retail package will include a token code for the full downloadable version of "Fruit Ninja Kinect" via Xbox LIVE. "Fruit Ninja Kinect" is an amazing evolution of the slice-em-up genre created by Halfbrick, which brings the worldwide mobile gaming phenomenon to Kinect so you can use your arms as blades in an epic battle against the world's most delicious produce is just beginning. Is September too long to wait to sharpen your Ninja skills? Don't wait! Buy "Fruit Ninja Kinect" via Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 on August 10 and get a jump start on your friends.

Finally, pre-order "The Gunstringer" from select US and European retailers today, and you'll receive two tokens for a free Avatar Prop from the game, available exclusively through the pre-order program!

Sweet merciful crap, that's a lot of stuff.