As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CYLON] BSG BG - GAME OVER

1151617181921»

• MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No cards here.

MacGuffin on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Starbuck's turn, continued: Someone has snuck into Baltar's lab and messed with his equipment.

Crisis!
    Detector Sabotage
    8 Leadership, Tactics
    Pass: No effect
    Fail: All characters in the "Research Lab" location are sent to Sickbay. Keep this card in play. Players may not look at other players' Loyalty Cards.
    (Activate heavy raider)
    (Advance jump prep)

Discuss, and then PM me your contributions.

Cards added:
    Destiny Deck - 2 cards
    Helo - 0 cards
    Boomer - ??? (max 1)
    Adama - ??? [orders received]
    Baltar - ??? [orders received]
    Chief - ??? [orders received]
    Starbuck - ??? [orders received]

Darian on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, given this is likely our last turn and I won't be able to use more than 1 card if it fails, I may as well try and pass it, right?

contribute 2 cards

El Skid on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Meh, might as well contribute 1 card. Who knows what will happen.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited May 2009
    Starbuck's turn, continued: Someone has snuck into Baltar's lab and messed with his equipment.

Crisis!
    Detector Sabotage
    8 Leadership, Tactics
    Pass: No effect
    Fail: All characters in the "Research Lab" location are sent to Sickbay. Keep this card in play. Players may not look at other players' Loyalty Cards.
    (Activate heavy raider)
    (Advance jump prep)

Discuss, and then PM me your contributions.

Positive cards:
    3 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    4 Leadership - Declare Emergency
    2 Tactics - Launch Scout

Negative cards:
    1 Engineering - Repair
    2 Politics - Consolidate Power

Total: +7 +2 -1 -2 = 6; failure. Dr. Baltar is injured in the explosion and winds up in Sickbay.
    For the rest of the game: Players may not look at other players' Loyalty Cards.

No enemy ships to activate.

Jump prep advances; jump is now possible while risking population loss of three.

Darian on
    edited May 2009
    Turn 30 - GoodOmens - Karl "Helo" Agathon
    Current Board Setup:

Players:
    1. MrBlarney - Sharon "Boomer" Valerii - Brig - 8 cards
    2. MacGuffin - Admiral Bill Adama - Command - 7 cards
    3. El Skid/Maximus - President Gaius Baltar - Sickbay - 5 cards
    4. Darkewolfe - Galen "Chief" Tyrol - Sickbay - 8 cards
    5. knotty - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace - Sickbay- 5 cards
    6. GoodOmens - Karl "Helo" Agathon - FTL - 10 cards
    bsg-game-board-g09-b27.png
    bsg-game-jump-track-4.jpg
    Resources:
    Fuel 1. Food 4. Morale 4. Population 8
    Jump Track: [Start][No Jump][No Jump]B][COLOR="Lime"]-3[/COLOR][/B[-1][Auto]
    Distance Moved: 9
    Boarding Party: (clear) {start}__,__,__,__,{death}
    Raptors: 1 In Reserve
    Vipers: 0 in use, 5 in Reserve, 3 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
    Nukes: 2
    Quorum Hand: 3 cards
    Galactica Damage: clear

Space:
    1 O'Clock: clear
    3 O'Clock: clear
    5 O'Clock: clear
    7 O'Clock: clear
    9 O'Clock: clear
    11 O'Clock: clear
    Ships in stock off the board: 16 raiders, 4 heavy raiders, 11 civilian ships

Turn Progress:
    1. Receive Skills Step - 2L, 2T, 1Pi
    2. Movement Step -
    3. Action Step -
    4. Crisis Step -
    5. Activate Cylon Ships Step (if necessary) -
    6. Prepare for Jump Step (if necessary) -
    7. Discard and Check for Human Defeat.

Helo, this is your moment, for good or ill.

Darian on
    edited May 2009
    So...game over? Or is Helo a toaster?

God dammit- I read the card wrong. I thought I was brigged, not sent to sickbay D:

El Skid on
    edited May 2009
    El Skid wrote: »

Also...God dammit- I read the card wrong. I thought I was brigged, not sent to sickbay D:

I saw that you thought that, but really, it didn't seem worth worrying about.

And I'm going to let Helo do his thing, rather than spoil the surprise.

Darian on
    edited May 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    El Skid wrote: »

Also...God dammit- I read the card wrong. I thought I was brigged, not sent to sickbay D:

I saw that you thought that, but really, it didn't seem worth worrying about.

And I'm going to let Helo do his thing, rather than spoil the surprise.

That's... ominous. o_O

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just sat down and looked at the cards. The only cylon card that could potentially end the game immediately is the one that damages the ship.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited May 2009
    I WAS worried that the admiral was a cylon and that he would get a crisis that let him choose -fuel.

Given Helo isn't the admiral, that's really not a concern at this point...

El Skid on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Citizens of the 12 colonies, let's go home. So say we all.

Activating FTL. I will use ECO if necessary to force a reroll. And playing Tactics 3-Strategic Planning.

No point in letting people die unnecessarily.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    edited May 2009
    God dammit.

I refuse to let this count against my perfect record on these boards, as Maximus played most of the game, though :P

El Skid on
    edited May 2009
    Whoa. So... was it really Admiral Adama and President Baltar who were the cylons? After Helo decided not to use his OPG on Chief's most recent crisis, I found this to be the most plausible case, but I wasn't truly convinced. I could still be wrong, too!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited May 2009
    Generally if there's no reveal this late in the game, it's because you have cylons in power, methinks.

If the admiral just didn't get a single negative fuel choice the whole last part of the game...I'll just be sad D:

El Skid on
    edited May 2009
    I figured that Adama had to be a Cylon after his last destination choice. I had scouted some sort of Cylon attack, I forget what, but it wasn't bad and gave us 3 distance. His choice to put us down to 1 fuel made it pretty obvious, but there wasn't much danger nor much anyone could do about it.

I'm honestly surprised I never ended up in the brig.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    I decided I was too paranoid to ever brig anyone. Good game, though. A human victory where both power positions were cylons? That's pretty dang hard to pull off. I want to know which of you was a Cylon from the get-go, though.

Darkewolfe on
  • knottyknotty Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This game was so weird I don't even know where to begin. First of all, I screwed up reading the first crisis scout I received via PM. I saw the title of the crisis (Missing G4 Explosives) and was already familiar with the skill check on it so I didn't bother reading the whole thing. I just glanced at it and didn't see any red text so I figured it didn't have a raider activation, which is what we were trying to avoid. Woops! I spent the next 2 weeks paying for that mistake.

The worst of it came when my computer died on me (three times this week) and my internet went down Wednesday night and I didn't see the Chief's last crisis until Thursday morning... long after he had already had a chance to make his choice and Helo had his chance to use his OPG. Luckily, they were both humans. Had things gone wrong there, I would've been so upset at not having a chance to use my OPG to replace the crisis (which I would have done immediately had I seen the crisis before the Chief or Helo had a chance to act). What would the ruling have been had things worked out differently and I wanted to use my OPG Thursday morning? It would have been using my first post since the crisis was posted. There's some serious gray area there (an obvious drawback of PBP).

I'm guessing that with all the suspicion I attracted along with the Chief's continuous accusations of everyone and the fact that the cylons were in positions of power, they felt no need to reveal. I have to say that the humans were pretty damn lucky to win this game. I think the Admiral did the best he could as a cylon. On the other hand, I think the President played his part fairly poorly. He made scarce use of the Quorum cards and did not use his cylon detector to cast suspicion on anyone. And why I was freed from the brig has me completely baffled.

Darian, thanks for running this for us. You were incredibly patient throughout this whole game. As soon as I get my computer working more reliably, I'll return the favor and host a game. I'll reserve a spot for you if you want.

knotty on
    edited May 2009
    Helo successfully brings everyone through the final jump (1d8+2=8).

HUMAN VICTORY!
    Final status:
    Resources:
    Fuel 1. Food 4. Morale 4. Population 8
    Jump Track: [Start][No Jump][No Jump]B][COLOR="Lime"]-3[/COLOR][/B[-1][Auto]
    Distance Moved: 9
    Boarding Party: (clear) {start}__,__,__,__,{death}
    Raptors: 1 In Reserve
    Vipers: 0 in use, 5 in Reserve, 3 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
    Nukes: 2
    Quorum Hand: 3 cards
    Galactica Damage: clear

Both Adama and Baltar were Cylons from the very beginning of the game.

Adama had the damage card, so with one more action he had a 5/8 chance of winning the game by pulling the fuel token; if Starbuck hadn't pulled a jump prep on her turn, he would have gotten it (with Boomer stuck in the brig, unable to XO anyone, either you jump on Helo's turn or it makes it back around to the Cylons).

Baltar had the Sickbay card; he was ready to reveal a while back (and take out Starbuck, who was in position to damage a bunch of raiders), but that card can only target people on Galactica.

Still, with both Helo and Starbuck with their OPG unused, it would have been very unlucky for you to not make it safely to Helo's turn with a jump, there.

Scouting bypass (these were put on the bottom of the deck over the course of the game):
    Prison Labor
    10 Politics, Tactics, Leadership
    Pass No effect
    Fail -1 Morale, -1 Food
    (activate raiders)

Jammed Assault
    Instructions
    1. Activate raiders
    2. Setup
    1 basestar 2 heavy raiders at 1 o'clock
    1 civilian at 3 o'clock
    1 viper 1 civilian at 5 o'clock
    1 viper 1 civilian at 7 o'clock
    1 civilian at 9 o'clock
    4 raiders at 11 o'clock
    Special Rule: Communications Jamming - Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Players may not activate the "Communications" location.

Ambush
    1. Activate: basestars
    2. Setup: 1 basestar 3 o'clock
    4 raiders 3 o'clock
    4 raiders 9 o'clock
    2 vipers, 1 civilian 5 o'clock
    1 civilian 7 o'clock
    1 civilian 1 o'clock
    Special rule: Training new pilots: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each unmanned viper suffers a -2 penalty to its attack rolls.

Water Shortage
    President Chooses
    -1 food
    OR
    The President discards 2 Skill Cards; then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards.
    (activate basestars)

Boarding Parties
    Instructions
    1. Activate heavy raiders
    2. Setup:
    1 basestar 4 raiders at 11 o'clock
    2 heavy raiders at 1 o'clock
    1 civilian at 3 o'clock
    2 civilians at 5 o'clock
    2 heavy raiders at 9 o'clock
    3. Special rule - Surprise assault: There are no vipers in this setup.

Location bypass:
    Asteroid Field
    Distance 3
    Lose 2 fuel. Then draw 1 civilian ship and destroy it (lose the resources on the back).

Tylium Planet
    Distance 1
    Lose 1 fuel. The Admiral may risk 1 raptor to roll a die. If 3 or higher, gain 2 fuel. Otherwise, destroy 1 raptor.

Cylon Refinery
    Distance 2
    Lose 1 fuel. The Admiral may risk 2 vipers to roll a die. If 6 or higher, gain 2 fuel. Otherwise, damage 2 vipers.

Cylon Ambush
    Distance 3
    Lose 1 fuel. Then place 1 basestar and 3 raiders in front of Galactica and 3 civilian ships behind Galactica.

Good game, all, congrats to our winning humans, and thanks for playing.

Darian on
    edited May 2009
    Every win for the humans tends to cut it close in various ways, eh? But that's what makes this game so good. I feel like I did my part, especially with stuffing three Cylon Attack cards into the bottom of the Crisis Deck. But I'm very surprised to hear that Adama and Baltar were both Cylons from the start... it really didn't feel that way!

Good game, everyone.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That was a good game.

In the end I was manipulating skill checks left and right, but my card was almost everytime the only negative one on the table.
    And the humans had a incredible amount of luck, almost every destination choice ended up making little difference, except the last one.

MacGuffin on
    edited May 2009
    You managed to set aside two chances to regain fuel, which is what put you in decent position at the end.

For Baltar, letting Starbuck out was probably a mistake, and not farming the Quorum the deck for the chance to brig someone as well. The way things were going, you might have been able to get three humans into the brig while keeping either the presidency or the admiralty on the Cylon team and having one of you reveal.

Darian on
    edited May 2009
    I was really wondering why Baltar never did anything PResidential. I'd love a chance to play a Cylon president and let my inner Nixon out.

Thanks for everything, Darian!

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    I was really wondering why Baltar never did anything PResidential. I'd love a chance to play a Cylon president and let my inner Nixon out.

Thanks for everything, Darian!

Actually, being a cylon president kindof sucks. The president gets the chance to discard an awful lot of cards "for the good of the fleet"- given food/morale wasn't critical the last couple of turns, I'd probably have revealed and seen if a super crisis would have helped out more. Though sticking it out we almost won anyway.

Good game, regardless :)

El Skid on
    edited May 2009
    Also, special thanks to El Skid for stepping up and keeping things moving when Maximus got too busy.

Darian on
    edited May 2009
    Thanks to Darian for running things! (And thanks to El Skid for jumping in!)

Darkewolfe on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah sorry guys, I lost my internet and had no way of getting here.

I knew I should of left in Starbuck, right after I let her out. I was thinking of putting the Chief in Sickbay, but I thought I had longer before the reveal. I did pull three Quorum cards, but two were plus one morale and I forget the other one but it was as not important. El Skid was alot more aggresive with me. I was happy trying to quietly ruin any crisis. When the 1 fuel came up I was hoping for a fuel crisis, and then load up the contribution with my cards, I ended up with two 3's and like three 4's.

I also had no Idea that Adama was the other, I was thinking Helo for most of the game.

Maximus on
    edited May 2009
    Maximus wrote: »
    Yeah sorry guys, I lost my internet and had no way of getting here.

I knew I should of left in Starbuck, right after I let her out. I was thinking of putting the Chief in Sickbay, but I thought I had longer before the reveal. I did pull three Quorum cards, but two were plus one morale and I forget the other one but it was as not important. El Skid was alot more aggresive with me. I was happy trying to quietly ruin any crisis. When the 1 fuel came up I was hoping for a fuel crisis, and then load up the contribution with my cards, I ended up with two 3's and like three 4's.

I also had no Idea that Adama was the other, I was thinking Helo for most of the game.

Yeah, we definitely have different playstyles. Unless I'm admiral, I tend to go for maximum pain and then reveal so I can get my Super Crisis, especially when I have the less powerful reveal cards. I'm sure it was entertaining for the rest of the crew watching as we switched between playstyles :P

El Skid on
    edited May 2009
    Maximus wrote: »

So, what did I do that was so Cylon-y?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Interesting to watch, guys! Congratulations to the humans.

Wildcat on