As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Honeymooning at PAX 2009!

PoisynPoisyn Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
My soon to be hubby and I are getting married the weekend before PAX. We've always wanted to go but Seattle is a long way from Toronto. What a perfect excuse! Our honeymoon! We just can't wait to be there! Sadly we will have to leave Tycho and Gabe (my rabbits) at home but we will be there and ready to party!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Poisyn on

• draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well congrats on the pending marriage and you guys will have great fun at PAX. My wife and I went last year and enjoyed it so much we're going again this year. for the record we're from Toronto as well. Yay for us Canadians :)

draklan on
  • PoisynPoisyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That's awesome! We've always wanted to go but the Comicon here in Toronto seems to always fall on the same weekend and well the TTC is always the cheaper option over a flight to Seattle. Can you recommend any great places to stay that are not completely over the top expensive to stay? We don't drive, is the transit system easy to get around?

Poisyn on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Transit is pretty easy, all the local hotels should have packets with bus routes (which are free in the downtown area). plenty of cabs, and if you can get a hotel close enough to the convention center (see the paxsite.com hotels page) you can walk to PAX.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yay! Congratulations! =)=)

(Shameless plug) You should consider joining up on the Magical Mystery Tour, the Pre-PAX Dinner, and other PAX Community festivities if you're coming early! It could be a great way to see the city and have fun while on your honeymoon! =)

Check out the threads in here, and join up if you're interested in any of them! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited May 2009
    There is more to do before the con?!?! *happy dance* we are arriving on Tuesday before so we'll try to cram in as much as possible!

Poisyn on
  • DopeskiDopeski Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ha, cool. I hope you guys have a great wedding and honeymoon. :)

Dopeski on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Heh, if you're arriving on Tuesday and want to be touresty with a great group of people, the MMT and other pre-PAX events are a great way to spend a couple days of that :D

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • chibidanichibidani Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Congrats to you! When my hubby and I got married in 2005, we honeymooned in Toronto, and ended our trip with Anime North. Its super fun to be geeky while also being in love :)

chibidani on
    We are now gluten, dairy and corn free gamers!
    glutenfreegamer.blogspot.com
  • nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Congratulations!
    Also, what an awesome honeymoon idea.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My wedding was in the end of August, and I seriously thought about PAX for our honeymoon.
    Don't tell my wife.
    :P

SlickShughes on
  • MushroomsMushrooms Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    AWESOME!!!
    I'm getting married July 1st to my most wonderful geek... and PAX is our honeymoon to!! I know there are a couple more people honeymooning as well, we should all meet up and have a huge "Romantic Honeymoon dinner... with friends"

Mushrooms on
    All shalt feel the wrath of the all-mighty POINTY KITTY OF DOOOOOM!!
    purrrrrrrrrrrrr*snuggle*
    edited May 2009
    Mushrooms wrote: »
    AWESOME!!!
    I'm getting married July 1st to my most wonderful geek... and PAX is our honeymoon to!! I know there are a couple more people honeymooning as well, we should all meet up and have a huge "Romantic Honeymoon dinner... with friends"

That sounds amazing! :)

I am so thrilled to be getting "hitched" to my geek. The wedding is August 22 and then PAX here we come!

Poisyn on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Congratulations! That's a happy coincidence, indeed.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • TomHuntTomHunt Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    You might be a nerd, if....

TomHunt on
  • CyberpumpkinCyberpumpkin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, you guys are lucky! My wife isn't so much a gaming geek that she'd want to go to PAX, but I know I rolled a natural 20 when I scored her.

You know you've won when you ask your wife "Do you want to watch something besides anime tonight?" and she says "...Why?"

(I realize that this is not as generally recognized as awesome as it once might have been, with the advent of the screetching fangirl phenomenon. She predates that by around 10 years.)

Cyberpumpkin on
    pax09buttons.jpg
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My wedding was in the end of August, and I seriously thought about PAX for our honeymoon.
    Don't tell my wife.

Well, it must have been quite a short honeymoon, because last year, PAX was the last weekend in August. lol. Though I guess it could have been the week and a half before.

Now all we need is a wedding AT PAX. Or a proposal. Or has that been done before? lol.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    neuroslice wrote: »
    Now all we need is a wedding AT PAX. Or a proposal. Or has that been done before? lol.

...Damn stupid waiting thing...Hateful-jealous. Don't ask. Long story.

Anywho! Hooray for Honeymooners that shall be with 60,000+ folks of awesomeness! Not a first choice of honeymoon in my little crazy brain; but a supa-dupa-very close tie at second. The other second choice would be Comic-Con.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited May 2009
    neuroslice wrote: »
    Don't tell my wife.

Well, it must have been quite a short honeymoon, because last year, PAX was the last weekend in August. lol. Though I guess it could have been the week and a half before.

Got married in 05. Should have specified. This was also when we lived back east, so it would have been a bigger trip.

SlickShughes on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There were already a few proposals at past PAXes (when it was in bellevue).

Khoo already shut down the idea of a wedding at pax, would be too much of a logistics nightmare to try and do.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Got married in 05. Should have specified. This was also when we lived back east, so it would have been a bigger trip.

Riiight, that makes a bit more sense. You didn't seem like newlyweds, lol.

(I was also semi drunk at three or four in the morning when I typed that, I think. Or that's my excuse.)

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
    edited May 2009
    reasons I knew he was the man for me

1) He understood what my PA shirts meant.
    2) He understands that I am a WoW girl and even went out and bought a copy of the game when we first started dating to spend a little more time with me.
    3) He comes with a pre-made mini video game geek who I can honestly say I am so proud to soon be calling Stepson.
    4) He didn't look at me funny when he came over and I was house cleaning to the Minibosses
    5) He upgraded my crappy monitor to a 32" wide screen for WoW purposes
    6) Parents love him. Quote from father "I would like to congradulate you on your improved taste in men"
    7) Since he moved in I get to sleep in a house filled with every video game system ever made (except the dreamcast)

and most importantly He lets me hold the controller when watching shows we've missed on the PS3!

Poisyn on
    edited May 2009
    Poisyn wrote: »
    7) Since he moved in I get to sleep in a house filled with every video game system ever made (except the dreamcast)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/games/ba52/

In case you want to complete the collection.

SlickShughes on
    edited September 2009
    Well as I sit here trying to figure out how to get all the awesome PAX swag into our suitcases for our return to the Canada land in the morning I can't help but reflect. WHAT AN AWESOME TRIP!!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone we met along the way who made our honeymoon experience so wonderful. We had an amazing time and can't wait to see you all again next year. And maybe even see some of you at PAX east?

THANK AGAIN!!!!!

-Mrs. That Guy I Married aka Poisyn

Poisyn on
This discussion has been closed.