As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia ++] The Melancholy of Dubh McStubblylegs

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    There's that Malkavian precognition, again, Bear.

Now it's time for me to tell you about Young Gary Thrustwaist,
    archrival and nemesis of Wonderboy, with powers comparable to Wonderboy.
    What powers you ask? I dunno, how 'bout the power of flight?
    That do anything for ya? That's levitation holmes.
    How 'bout the power to kill a Yakian, from 200 yards away...
    With mind bullets!!!
    That's telekinesis, Dubh.
    How 'bout the power... to move you?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    [Aboard the SECond Savior]
    SECommander Sanzibel shoots lopsided smile at Tomarli. "We can track the Ursa Majoris, yes. How do you think we found you sorry lot in the first place? Matt does have some usefulness left in him." Thieresai pops her neck. "Now, we could take you directly to them, but I think there might be something else that you might want to look into."

Thieresai tilts her head and wiggles her fingers toward Gary, his vision suddenly filling with the image of a burning star. "This look at all familiar? Maybe seen it in a dress sometime? Don't worry, she can't hear you here. We got the whole place shielded."

DE?AD on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Loeli cocks her head at this turn of events.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Tommy begins to listen intently.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "OOOOoooooooh," Gary swoons.

"You guys are gooooood."

"Anyways - take us to the nearest Urson pathway. I've got some calls to make. Hate to make you play taxi, but you offered, so..."

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Thieresai shrugs and the vision vanishes."Alright. I'm leaving a tracer in your blood, just in case you need us sometime." She looks up at the ceiling for a moment. "Alright, helm, you heard the Urson - Pathway ho."

The ship barely even vibrates as it accelerates, leaving behind the pillow-ship and streaking through the dark toward the nearest Urson Pathway.

Thieresai stands and walks to the door. "If you'll all excuse me, there's work to be done. We should reach the Path in a few hours."

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    Before Thieresai leaves, Loeli pipes up, "Wait, what what what? What is this place shielded from?"

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Gary begins to get curious, and, in one of his weaker moments, approaches Thieresai about the subject of the Urson woman. This of course gives us the opportunity to skip the dialogue and go for the pertinent information.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Tommy looks around the room, using his Zen-ness to look for things that are out of the ordinary.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Thieresai turns to Loeli and raises an eyebrow. "Ah, right, you're the goldblood," she leans against the wall and shrugs. "The ship is shielded against skorokov intrusion. No networking gets in or out of this ship without our permission."

Thieresai explains to Gary that the Urson woman is broadcasting from a sunken Urson spacestation hidden within the core of a star on the edge of colonized space. The resurrected Urson, for some unknown reason, have yet to touch the system containing the station - they've just ignored it entirely. It might have something to do with the somewhat xenophobic and primitive inhabitants of the system, but that doesn't quite seem to wholly explain it. She seems to be hiding further information, but you couldn't begin to imagine what it might be.

[8] Tommy notices that there are no seams in the room. Everything seems to be a single solid piece of metal.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    "Hmmm"

Whispering to Loeli, "Hey, Loeli, what type of ship is this?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Loeli takes in the new information, lighting a cigarette. "Sir, we can look into it when we get back to an area with a skorokov network. Someone at the Tehelikron must know the story."

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Gary's outrage fights against his innate curiosity - and wins. [6 vs. 3]

"That was a good story. I wish you didn't need to be all, cloak and dagger and crap," Gary gives a slight wink, "but I'm sure you have cards you don't want to play and whatever. That being said - it occurs to me even with my people's help, I'm still gonna need to find Matt, and from there the Ursa Majoris."

"Oh geez, I bet you want something. You want something, don't you?"

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Looks around the rest of the ship while the Major is talking.

"Yo, anybody else in this ship? Anybody badass? We're a far better run organization, with an excellent dental plan. in the past 3 months we've only had 4 deaths!"

We lost like two of our most badassed dudes and these noobs are untested. Tomarli looks for a sexy chef that's also a ninja. Or a dude that uses his drum playing to kill people. Oh yea, that would be so sweet.

NeoToma on
    edited May 2009
    hahaha

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Speed turns to Matt.

"Well I do not know what intentions you have in regards towards which you would like to go to but I think that me and Ytlkrek are both interested in finding the nearest race and then winning that race."

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    Alright, I'm going to bed.
    Good night Glossolalia++

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    I can see the headlines now

Wedding-Bound Couple Burned in Race Accident
    Car's Skorokov Drive Issuing Crippling Insults Left and Also Right

better watch yer backs

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    I vote that de?ad must let us know when he is going to bed.

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Thieresai shrugs. "Right now? No. Think of this as our way of... apologizing. The SECommissar believes we got off on the wrong foot, and he wanted to help repair any animosities you might be holding."

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    "Oh...well...uh. Super!"

"Margaritas on me upon Pathway arrival!"

Bearstranaut on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "It also occurs to me that this ship might hold some sort of sentimental value for Gary and so he may be interested in getting it back and since we do not have any particular need for this ship I would suggest that when it is convenient we should go to a core planet where we can get rid of this ship and use our combined considerable means in order to buy a new space-worthy ship as well as me and Ytlkrek need to buy her a new racer." Speed continues this conversation as he moves through the ship, taking stock of what they have.

Speed Racer on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "I'm ahead of you already, Speed. Here's the plan: We get better gear. I'm going for retractable sword gauntlets and wrist mounted firestarters. A jet of water from one side and a funnel that connects to a tube filled with Potassium dust. We give back the ship on a core world, with Locth on it if he doesn't want to come with. We get a ship, we'll need a bigger crew, and I want to know what happened to my contacts. We locate Decibel, then search for my acquaintances in order from Venuz to Iggth to discovering and maybe killing Alecia to maybe finding Ironboots if he's still alive. You see, Ironboots was a former Hemo Adept pirate I once knew. He's called Ironboots because he's got mech parts on him. His right arm, his face, and particularly his feet. That plan sound good to you, Speed?"

If we're getting facial hair Matt's getting a glorious man beard.

Antimatter on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dux lights a cigarette and walks up to Thieresai. 'I noticed that this ship is somewhat.... deserted. Why, if i may be so rude as to ask, is that?' he asks the SECond officer.

Dux on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A furtive figure slips across the darkness of the ship, stopping at an... explosive package.

Hm. What can I do with this?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Locth leaves the crew quarters, yawning. He wanders around the ship, wondering where everyone is. He happens on Speed and Matt. "The hell is going on here? Where's the rest of the crew?"

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    "I'm ahead of you already, Speed. Here's the plan: We get better gear. I'm going for retractable sword gauntlets and wrist mounted firestarters. A jet of water from one side and a funnel that connects to a tube filled with Potassium dust. We give back the ship on a core world, with Locth on it if he doesn't want to come with. We get a ship, we'll need a bigger crew, and I want to know what happened to my contacts. We locate Decibel, then search for my acquaintances in order from Venuz to Iggth to discovering and maybe killing Alecia to maybe finding Ironboots if he's still alive. You see, Ironboots was a former Hemo Adept pirate I once knew. He's called Ironboots because he's got mech parts on him. His right arm, his face, and particularly his feet. That plan sound good to you, Speed?"

If we're getting facial hair Matt's getting a glorious man beard.

"Uhhh wow okay you've thought this through a lot better than I have! But I don't really know who Alecia is and don't especially want to go kill a person who I do not know? My plan was to pretty much just planet-hop from race to race with Ytlkrek and maybe you if you wanted to come and also what are you talking about with Locth?" At that point Locth happens upon them. "Oh.

"Uhh, well you see we sort of uh well left without them?"

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    oh shi-

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Lockout wrote: »
    Locth leaves the crew quarters, yawning. He wanders around the ship, wondering where everyone is. He happens on Speed and Matt. "The hell is going on here? Where's the rest of the crew?"

"Relax. There wasn't a chance in hell Speed, his significant other, and myself could have gone without an uproar, so we've borrowed the ship so we can get one of our own. You and the ship will be dropped off on a core world safe and sound, and when we're offworld we'll tell Gary where you are. That is, if you don't want to come with. Speed and Ytlkrek want to race, while I just had to do my own thing. Interested?"

Antimatter on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Relax. There wasn't a chance in hell Speed, his significant other, and myself could have gone without an uproar, so we've borrowed the ship so we can get one of our own. You and the ship will be dropped off on a core world safe and sound, and when we're offworld we'll tell Gary where you are. That is, if you don't want to come with. Speed and Ytlkrek want to race, while I just had to do my own thing. Interested?"

Geeze, what is this? It's not like the crew is "blood in, blood out."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Since I'm working two jobs and gonna try to see Star trek tonight, I probably wont be back on till Saturday.

If we stop at like a city or something I want to get some Skorokov, and reallocate my stats like this.

Photosynoid Skorokov Pirate - (5)
    Eloquent Egotist - (4)
    Skorokov: Creative -(4)
    Luddite Lothario - (1)

NeoToma on
    edited May 2009
    Thieresai glances over at Dux. "Because it only takes one person to fly the thing," she says flatly. "SECond isn't about to send fifty agents to ferry your asses around." She smiles pleasantly and walks out of the room, the door sliding silently shut behind her.

Tomarli finds that the doors aboard the ship refuse to open for him.

The former crew the Ursa Majoris sits around in the lounge of the SECond Savior for a few hours until, finally, Thieresai's voice booms out over the ship's comm. "Attention all passengers, we have arrived at the Olothikron Pathway. We have informed the Urson aboard of your identities, and they have agreed to grant you use of a Pathhopper to reach your final destination. In addition, we have uploaded the location of the Ursa Majoris to your engineer's skorokov colony, so, if you wish to do so, you may track it down at your leisure. Thank you, and have a nice day."

The door to the waiting room opens, and you are lead quickly back to the airlock through which you entered, now connected to a rounded hallway of ivory metal. An blonde Urson in a blue robe greets you happily. "Garus, it is very good to finally meet you," he says, shaking Gary's paw. "I am Uttor. Please, come this way - we have a ship waiting for you."

[Aboard the Ursa Majoris]
    Checking the nearby shipyards, you find that your rather substantial savings do not amount to much on the post-change economy of this world. Still with some determined haggling, a bit of charm, and some plain-old luck, you manage to secure the papers for a partially-scrapped Lancer-class Kesserak Tahei Starfighter. Its angular, bruise-purple hull is dented and damaged, its hyperdrive and primary weapons have been torn out, but it is spaceworthy, and well within your price-range.

KesserakLancer.png
    [Unnamed Kesserk Tahei]
    Lancer-Class Starfighter
    Minimum Crew: 2
    Maximum Occupancy: 8
    Systems:
    • KSFE 332 Asymmetric Feed Engines (Helmsman)d10
    • KSFE Ship-Command Suite (Captain/First Mate)d8
    • KSFE Tertiary Auto-Cannons (Security Officer/Soldier)d6

She ain't pretty, but she'll do.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    "I christen thee Redeemed. Any objections?"

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "None from here!" Speed's more busy using the onboard computer to locate the nearest race.

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    Also how much did the ship cost?

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    Matt moves all of his junk from the Majoris to the Redeemed's Captain's quarters, and crosses Get a ship off his mental list.

Antimatter on
  • sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Nice lady."

sedo on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dux takes a final glance at the SECond Savior. That woman reminded him about all the things he hated about SpaceSec. He shrugs and turns to the others. He takes a long drag of his cigarette. 'I suppose, now that Mr. Scorp has left our merry party, that the role of Chief of Security falls to me.' He says.

Dux on
    edited May 2009
    Matt feels... a disturbance. Oh well, probably nothing.

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Matt moves all of his junk from the Majoris to the Redeemed's Captain's quarters, and crosses Get a ship off his mental list.

"Matt I'm hardly interested in starting anything here but in all fairness Ytlkrek and I could really make the best use of the larger bed and private quarters."

Speed Racer on
This discussion has been closed.