As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Co-op games for DS for girlfriend and me

Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

So my girlfriend and I have just picked up Final Fantasy, Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time and are having fun playing it, but the problem is, it doesn't allow multiple saves, and we also play with another friend of mine. What this means is that, we can't really play just my girlfriend and I when our friend isn't around, or we'll progress beyond him and he'll be underlevelled.

Thing is, we've really enjoyed playing our DSes together in bed at night and now that we can't play Final Fantasy without alienating our other friend, we're looking for suggestions on new Co-op DS games we can play instead.

Preference:

Must be Co-op
Preferably adventure/RPG, no strategy games (so no Advance Wars or Fire Emblem)
Wireless or Internet play, no problem (we have a router)

Thanks for your suggestions!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
Romantic Undead on

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Can't really come up with a co-op adventure game except Children of Mana and the other Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Both games that I've already played through :(

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've been searching for something similar, as well.

Most multiplayer DS games hinge on mini-games or versus. There are pretty much no RPG/Adventure games with a co-op feature readily available. The closest I've come is picking up both versions of Pokemon, which has limited but somewhat meaningful interaction. Try the other FF:CC if it's working and the save slot is the only issue.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    This thread reminds me of the disappointing and surprising lack of Four Swords in the current DS library.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Are there any old co-op GBA RPGs? Final Fantasy, etc?

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Have you tried Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time?

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys,

So my girlfriend and I have just picked up Final Fantasy, Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time and are having fun playing it

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Elite beat Agents is fun to play with friends and such. Its a bit competitive but still good. As far as co-op adventure games go for the DS I'm comming up blank.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chen wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So my girlfriend and I have just picked up Final Fantasy, Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time and are having fun playing it

I should learn to read better. :)

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I haven't tried the DS versions myself, but Lego Star Wars?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    if I'm not entirely mistaken there is a co-op story mode in advanced wars dual strike

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i haven't played it myself, but some folks on this board have said dokapon journey is pretty good

fair warning that it may destroy your relationship

ronzo on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ronzo wrote: »
    i haven't played it myself, but some folks on this board have said dokapon journey is pretty good

fair warning that it may destroy your relationship

After I read your first sentence and before I read the second, my thought was "sure, if you're trying to cause DOMESTIC VIOLENCE."

Seriously, Dokapon is a good game, but it will cause depths of hatred towards people you care about that you never thought possible. It's worse than Mario Party.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's a terrible game, but Dungeon Explorer has a Diablo-esque Co-Op mode. Unfortunately, the multiplayer is more like Gauntlet than Diablo, and you can't level together or go through the campaign together. You do get gear from multiplayer, but that's about it. It was amusing enough for a few days of play for me and my sig other, though.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    EeveelutionEeveelution Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    my fiance and i play Animal Crossing Wild World together...

It's just a suggestion.

Eeveelution on
    PS3 Tag: cryptzicle Cryptzicle the DK
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    my fiance and i play Animal Crossing Wild World together...

It's just a suggestion.

Perfect game for playing together while lying in bed.

I never could get into any of the Animal Crossing games (I'm too much of a goal-oriented person I think), but I can see it being a ton of fun for what you're looking for.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    geometry wars

also if you both got pokemon and played through at the same time you could trade and battle and all that jazz

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    geometry wars

also if you both got pokemon and played through at the same time you could trade and battle and all that jazz

I've suggested this, but I'm too much of a Pokemon psycho that I've scared her off of the franchise forever.

Romantic Undead on