As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Man what

MasterDebaterMasterDebater Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Social Entropy++
So it's a nice day out. I'm walking down the street, Cryptonomicon under my arm, eating some delicious frozen yogurt.

And some guys stopped at a stoplight begin yelling out their car window at me. About how nice a day it is, and don't I agree, motherfucker?

I do, but I'm just chillin', trying to enjoy the weather and my frozen yogurt, and I don't need people to agree with me. So I ignore them, and they begin to get hostile, wondering why I don't agree that it's such a beautiful day and thinking that I must be a dirty cocksucker. Meanwhile, my enjoyment is going down substantially and I just want to get back home and enjoy my frozen yogurt in peace, but they persist, like their day won't be complete until I agree that it is indeed a beautiful day outside.

Man, people are weird.

MasterDebater on

• Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    just respond with "hell yes it is"

i do not see your problem

Homeless on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    One time I was riding my bike home at night and some car came up behind me and threw a football at the back of my head.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What's wrong with you? Agree with him, you fucking prick

Also share your yogurt

AHH! on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    On time this dude gave me the finger for no reason at all. Just rolled up, gave this face:

;(

Flipped me the bird, then drove off.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My brother is the nerdiest white guy you will find on the face of the earth. his first car had the lisence plate "AZN 648" or something.

He never understood why Asian guys would drive up to him next in cars, go to challenge him to a race, get really confused, then drive off.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    You know, today was a really nice day so I decided to take a drive. While I was at a light I decided to share my happiness of this lovely day with this dude who looked to be pretty cool. Ends up he was a total asshole. All I said was, hey nice day today huh? And he totally fucking blows me off. What an asshole. He ruined my nice day.

Leli on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    O tempora

O mores

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would have agreed. I think that's pretty funny actually. Those guys were probably cool.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Leli wrote: »
    You know, today was a really nice day so I decided to take a drive. While I was at a light I decided to share my happiness of this lovely day with this dude who looked to be pretty cool. Ends up he was a total asshole. All I said was, hey nice day today huh? And he totally fucking blows me off. What an asshole. He ruined my nice day.

That reminds me, I work at a place that sells frozen yogurt. Some guy came up today and wanted to buy some frozen yogurt, but when he walked away these nice people asked him if it was a wonderful day. He grew increasingly hostile to these nice people. I should have refused that asshole service.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I got jumped in the street once for no reason, too. I mean, if they had asked me if it was a nice day, I would have said yes, so it's not even like my ignoring of them prompted them to jump me. They actually asked me where the party was at and I told them I didn't know, and then they kicked me in the eye.

• Options
    MasterDebaterMasterDebater Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    AHH! wrote: »

Also share your yogurt

I don't respond to people who are (a) yelling at me at the top of their lungs and (b) refer to me as a "motherfucker" in the first ten seconds of our acquaintance.

And I don't share my frozen yogurt.

MasterDebater on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Also share your yogurt

I don't respond to people who are (a) yelling at me at the top of their lungs and (b) refer to me as a "motherfucker" in the first ten seconds of our acquaintance.

^^ asking for it ^^

• Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Also share your yogurt

Oh I understand the guy was being an asshole. I was kidding.

But not really. Gimme that yogurt.

AHH! on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I should start carrying a gun in the off chance someone throws a football at my head I will be ready for them.

Anyway I rarely understand what the hell people are saying unless I'm engaged wit them.

whenever someone just says something out of the blue I'm always "what?"

JJ on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Div-Fuckingbrainsurgeons.jpg

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Leli wrote: »

saw it coming

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Someone had to do it.

Leli on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    the other day some lady got off the bus, tripped up on some guys foot when she walked right into it while he was standing there facing the other way
    then he turned around and she yelled at him to fuck off and walked away

i thought that was pretty funny to see
    especially since the guy hadnt seen her mumbling to herself the entire bus trip and occasionally swearing at people and leaning over the guy sitting next to her and telling him 'youre fucking dead'
    while he is there just trying to look out the window and power-ignore her

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    insane people :^:

JJ on
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So today I was standing in line to get frozen yogurt. This scene kid in front bought some frozen yogurt and was holding some pretentious morbid book or something. I thought he needed some cheering up, but I couldn't quite chase after him because it was finally my turn to get some frozen yogurt. I hope somebody drove up to him and shared their happiness with him or something.

Then I went home and looked up the guy's book on Wikipedia and found out it wasn't really a pretentious morbid book at all. Oh well, he was still a scene kid, though.

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i just love the power ignoring

like she couldve been shaking him to get his attention and he'd still be looking out the window like 'oh wow there is a mcdonalds across the street that requires my full attention so i cant even feel if im being shaken or not'

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Heh, I was walking to campus one morning and as I was going to cross the street there was a car in the road that was backing up, then pulling forward, then just sitting there. I couldn't tell if he was parking or what and he was right where I wanted to go. So I waited a few seconds and then finally decided he saw me so it was safe to cross in front of him after giving him a kind of perplexed look because I couldn't tell what he was trying to do.

Dude starts yelling out his window at me asking if I've got a problem and I just ignore him as he continues to yell at me calling me a motherfucker and a goddamn pussy, why don't I come back and face him like a real man over the next block and a half.

Some people have anger issues.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Dis_quietDis_quiet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    When I was about 14 or so, I was riding my mountain bike along the side of the road. Suddenly, a car pulls up alongside of me, and slowly starts creeping over toward me. Before I had a chance to hop the curb up onto the sidewalk, the dude hit me with his fucking car, knocking me and my bike into the grass strip between the curb and sidewalk. I had never seen the dude before in my life. I decided that he either a) hates 14 year olds, b) hates people on bikes, or c) all of the above. It was one of the most random, off the wall experiences I've ever had.

Dis_quiet on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man years ago, I was happily riding my bike on my neighborhood sidewalk.

I was just cruising alone, when this car of teenagers pulls up beside me.

They roll down their window, and shout to get my attention.

They then proceed to ask me if I had any Grey Poupon.

Also, I had none to give.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Years ago, on senior cut day, I went out to NY's Little Italy with a few of my friends. As we passed by an elderly vagrant, he sobered up just enough to ask us if we were members of the indian mafia.

None of us were indian.

Bunta on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    at yelled at some fat people to stop being so goddamn fat out of my window once

Weaver on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ofn

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    Heh, I was walking to campus one morning and as I was going to cross the street there was a car in the road that was backing up, then pulling forward, then just sitting there. I couldn't tell if he was parking or what and he was right where I wanted to go. So I waited a few seconds and then finally decided he saw me so it was safe to cross in front of him after giving him a kind of perplexed look because I couldn't tell what he was trying to do.

Dude starts yelling out his window at me asking if I've got a problem and I just ignore him as he continues to yell at me calling me a motherfucker and a goddamn pussy, why don't I come back and face him like a real man over the next block and a half.

Some people have anger issues.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong today. Like, winding up in the wrong fucking city wrong.

Godfather on
  • Options
    ShiolaShiola Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I also got hit by a truck when I was like twelve.

I was riding m'bike home from a friend's house, and right at the last interesection (maybe twenty feet from my house, as I lived on the corner of the street) the sign says "Walk" but the guy in the truck is doing that pull-forward-then-scoot-back thing over and over again. I figure he's just waiting for me to pass so he can turn the corner, so I pedal onward. As soon as I start crossing, he decides, "Now is a good time to gun it!"

So I get knocked off my bike and thrown a couple feet, while some random lady screeches to a halt, jumps out of her car and proceeds to shout various obscenities at the man who is now falling all over himself to apologize to me. I was just like "Whatever, man. I'm fine. I'm going home." Which I did. And then I took a nap.

Shiola on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I recently had some crazy people yelling unintelligible things at me from a car playing loud music. I just grinned my best at them, and headbanged to the music they were playing. They laughed manicly, and sped off.

I'm pretty proud of that.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Shiola wrote: »
    m'bike

What the fuck is this?

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    One time I was riding my bike home at night and some car came up behind me and threw a football at the back of my head.
    Awesome. Free football.

RocketScience on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    One time I was riding my bike home at night and some car came up behind me and threw poop at the back of my head.
    Awesome. Free poop.

I don't know what I'm doing here.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I actually was on amazon earlier today look at the cryptonomicon. I've only read one book my stephenson and that was of course snow crash.

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I just got System of the World, and I'm all sad because after that, I'll have read almost all his stuff. It'll just leave Big U and Zodiac, neither of which I'm really pumped about.

He needs to write more shit already.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I was walking home from track once and these guys pulled up next to me, yelled something, and sprayed me in the face with some low grade mace. Luckilly for me the stuff was weak and I look away a bit as the guy raised it up, but it still burned like hell.

I was just all "WTF?"

Etch on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Some times I drive to your home towns just to yell random shit at you to completely fuck with your heads, then I drive home.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It's a long drive to my hometown, dude.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    just had thought to check the college library site and see if they have it... only stuff they have listed on neal stephenson is The Confusion and Quicksilver which seem to be the first 2 volumes of the Baroque Cycle

worth reading?

rockmonkey on
    NEWrockzomb80.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Do you really like Stephenson?

I mean really really?

Because it's a hell of a slog.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you