As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

pax is not a dating service!

1235»

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Needs to be like last time.

Dinner:

lasmargaritas.jpg
    Sweet, you can see me and Doc in there, if you look close enough.

Hacksaw on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Needs to be like last time.

Dinner:

lasmargaritas.jpg
    Sweet, you can see me and Doc in there, if you look close enough.

You're the one sitting down?

You're sitting next to someone that stayed in our room during PAX :D

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    LOL! Revenge of the Nerds (movie) comes out on august 24th...1 day too late!

...Unless there's a midnight showing...

Polago on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd be down for the Halloween re-make, but that's way after PAX.

Highfire on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Haha, I am the one slouching so I fit in the room. Awesome!

Doc on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Doc wrote: »

You should've come to my dinner. :(

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Legacy wrote: »

O_o How many dinners are there?

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    wenchkilla wrote: »

Well, I made a 'smaller' one. Turned out to be like...30 people. I think.

Khoo showed up too.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    I think Khoo would get mauled if he showed up to the mega-dinner, would be cool though.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    I think Khoo would get mauled if he showed up to the mega-dinner, would be cool though.

Shouldn't be a smaller dinner in the first place. ONE BIG DINNER!

Polago on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    There's a huge Thursday night, Pre-PAX dinner being planned. It's a great way to meet people, and we get to overrun an entire restaurant. Good Times!
    when is this? is everyone welcome?
    ctishman wrote: »
    HERE is a list of august movie releases. I suggest:

Rush Hour 3

you gostsa be shittin me.....that's......so........awesome!!!! O_o

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd say skip the movie. We need a cooler place to raid. I thought an arcade might be more suitable or some other cool place in seattle.

PAX space needle raid?

Viscountalpha on
    edited March 2007
    I love it. Can we get some details on the Space Needle? Prices, business hours, group discounts, etc.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's $15 just to ride the damned elevator up. We'd be bored once we got there. What else is there to do, should Rush Hour 3 not be available?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited March 2007
    What we need to put together is the Forumer's Guide to PAX. Throw in the map, Pre and Post PAX activities. Tips on how not to stink up the place and on how to find parties. Helpful stuff regarding rooming and the supertrips. and some handy sage advice from somebody important sounding. I think I'm going to start a thread for this... it is after 5, but I may as well go for broke.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    It's $15 just to ride the damned elevator up. We'd be bored once we got there. What else is there to do, should Rush Hour 3 not be available?

we could pack "the forum" into the that EMP thinger and make our own music, although I can't assure anyone that it would end up being as awesome as this
    idea sounded in my head.

b0wser on
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The Music Project is $20 to get into, fyi. Its a good idea, just a bit spendy in my mind.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    Is the Museum of Sci-Fi thing still up? I wanted to go, but never got around to it. I rarely go downtown.

Everyone should go to Pike Place Market, if for no other reason than that it's about 10 minutes away from PAX, if you walk at a leisurely pace.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If an arcade is what ye want, there is a Gameworks right in downtown Seattle. Huge place too.

That_Guy on
    edited March 2007
    Okay, I did it, it's about half done though. The Forumer's Complete Guide to PAX

Help is welcome.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wenchkilla wrote: »

Well, I made a 'smaller' one. Turned out to be like...30 people. I think.

Khoo showed up too.

It had food!
    legacydinner.jpg

Khoo sat across from me!
    legacydinnerkhoo.jpg

Everyone else: [800 questions about PAX/PA]

Me: So, how do you get your hair like that?

Khoo: Oh! I use X Brand of hair gel, it works great! Have a feel. *Khoo leans head forward*

Me: *Reaches out to touch hair*

Khoo: Don't touch me.

Me: D:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Everyone else: [800 questions about PAX/PA]

Me: So, how do you get your hair like that?

Khoo: Oh! I use X Brand of hair gel, it works great! Have a feel. *Khoo leans head forward*

Me: *Reaches out to touch hair*

Khoo: Don't touch me.

Me: D:
    awesome frickin story, man! :^:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited March 2007
    PAX is probably the only event in the world that has me going "Holy shit, I can't wait to go get in line!"

I was there at about 5:30 Saturday morning last year, and got to hang out with some amazingly cool people. We played Mario Kart, Tetris, Pictochationary, listened to music from backpack speakers, talked about Canada, got Jack in the Box, colored a PA comic with crayons to get a free T-shirt, and so many more things.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You listened to that guys backpack too? awesome

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I need to have some sort of speaker mounted backpack that spouts music at redicilous volumes. I might have a project to do before pax :P

Viscountalpha on
    edited March 2007
    I need to have some sort of speaker mounted backpack that spouts music at redicilous volumes. I might have a project to do before pax :P

i got the logitech playgear pocket speakers for my psp. the speakers are impressively powerful for their size, and since i haven't touched my psp in about a year, my speakers just get attached to my macbook and ipod now. i'll definitely bring those this year.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

I refer you to the Osiris "G-Bag". It was designed for skaters and whatnot so they'd be able to have music while they skate. Mine set me back about $150 for a slightly used one in 2002. It was a pretty solid unit, although some of the wiring has taken some damage and it doesn't quite work properly anymore. I could put it at around peak volume, and hear it at least 50m away.

I took it to the midnight screening of Star Wars ep1 when it was first coming out-- and we all triumphantly paraded into the building to the Imperial March.

b0wser on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    b0wser wrote: »

I took it to the midnight screening of Star Wars ep1 when it was first coming out-- and we all triumphantly paraded into the building to the Imperial March.

That's probably the coolest thing i've heard anyone say... EVER.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited March 2007
    Sumi wrote: »
    b0wser wrote: »

That's probably the coolest thing i've heard anyone say... EVER.

The things we might do at pax, and the possible noise violations we might get ourselves into.

I'm so there. I just hope we don't cause a panic in seattle.

I can see it now "gamers invade seattle and take over, more at 11!"

Back on topic though--
    "is that a speaker in your pants? what? it is? uh.. never mind"

Viscountalpha on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    maybe if there are enough people, then we can specially request a movie for them to play.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    For those of you reading, Please respect the ladies who come to pax. I saw some of the most horrible pickup lines in history there. It was painful to watch, Please for the love of all that is gaming--

Please don't come to pax expecting to meet your soulemate or something like that.

I agree, but because I am an Eagle Scout, I will be prepared. I refuse to be caught with my pants down and no condoms.8-)

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Holy crap let old threads die :P

threadres.JPG

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited June 2007
    You know, I was thinking the exact same thing just now.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.