As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Supertrip '05 - Possible Change Poll

ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
edited June 2005 in PAX Archive
The trip itself is progressing well, and we have captains for almost every stop, the sole exception being Phoenix. We've had no drivers, no riders, no captain and no interest whatsoever from anybody in the city. Given that, we're considering dropping Phoenix altogether, and possibly replacing it with San Diego if the interest is there.

I'm definitely interested in hearing from people as to whether or not this is a good idea, or if they have a better one.

WCTT_banner.gif
Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
ctishman on

• ben184ben184 Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    I say drop Phoenix, add San Diego. Why?

Which look like more like West Coast?
    Arizona
    arizona.jpg

San Diego
    sandiego.jpg

And if we add San Diego, the SuperTrip would stretch the entire west coast.

ben184 on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    hrm... your adition of san diego might make me consider the trip
    might

futility on
  • ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Add London, un the UK, then it would stretch around the whole fucking world and I could get a lift. Instead I got a 16 hour flight to fucking Seattle, then a looong tiring drive in a rental just to get to this pile of shit.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Problem with adding San Diego, is that the logical way north is up the 5, but that would completely ignore the currently planned waypoint of Riverside, where Im at, and take you straight through LA, which would suck... However, Riverside is on the way from Phoenix anyways...

Then again, we really havnt heard word from the Phienox people at all latly.. Even RMD has been absent for a few months.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Unfortunately, RMD's made it clear that he wants nothing to do with this year's Supertrip. Any further questions on that should probably go directly to him.

Why not just take the 215 to Riverside?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Unfortunately,

Unfortunately, eh...? ;)

Why's that, though.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Unfortunately, RMD's made it clear that he wants nothing to do with this year's Supertrip. Any further questions on that should probably go directly to him.

Why not just take the 215 to Riverside?

why

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
    edited June 2005
    Unfortunately because I'd rather not speak ill of someone in their absence. That's all.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    ctishman wrote:
    Unfortunately because I'd rather not speak ill of someone in their absence. That's all.

I meant why as in why doesn't he want anything to do with it?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited June 2005
    yeah me too

Borfase on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2005
    more like bannedface

Whippy on
    edited June 2005
    more like bannedface

man go comb your hair or something

Borfase on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2005
    i use a brush

Whippy on
  • SnowGhostSnowGhost Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    As a resident of Phoenix, that must arrive in Bellevue the morning of the 25th (i.e. I'm flying), I voted to drop the valley of the sun and add San Diego. San Diego makes sense, what with it's proximity to the West Coast. Besides, I'm certain that any denizens of Tucson or Phoenix that wish to participate in the WCST would be more than welcome to join up in San Diego or Sacramento, respectively.

SnowGhost on
    edited June 2005
    WTF happened to the SuperTrip 2.0 sticky thread?

You know... the one with over 20 pages of planning and ideas?

ben184 on
    edited June 2005
    Not sure, but apparently it's gone now. Oh well.

Edit: actually, I like your new thread better.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Add London, un the UK, then it would stretch around the whole fucking world and I could get a lift. Instead I got a 16 hour flight to fucking Seattle, then a looong tiring drive in a rental just to get to this pile of shit.

Long drive???? its 20 minutes from the airport to PAX!

uc4life on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    ben184 wrote:
    WTF happened to the SuperTrip 2.0 sticky thread?

You know... the one with over 20 pages of planning and ideas?

There have been some issues with disappearing stickies.

It's being worked on.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    i seem to remember people being jerks (and going completely off topic as well) on the other thread... and the sticky was removed for that reason.....

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2005
    Well it could be completely unrelated to the disappearing sticky issue. We've lost some stickies over in G&T. Not being on the west cost I didn't exactly follow the supertrip thread.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • KurganKurgan Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Here's my take on Phoenix.

Last year we had three cars: One car had the brothers who drove from Detroit (is that right?). One car had the guys from Tucson. The final car was Matt, RMD and myself. From what I've gathered, Matt and RMD are not going on the WCST this year. Don't know about the Tucson car or the Detroit one. I had been considering driving with one or two friends but we would be the entire Phoenix waypoint it seems. The way things are looking, I'll probably save some money and just fly there.

Good luck guys. I hope that this one goes even better than last year. See you once you get there!

Kurgan on
    edited June 2005
    I think the poll says enough to make it official:

Phoenix is being dropped.
    San Diego is being picked up.

If any Arizona residents want to join the WCST (which they are welcome to do), the three Southern California waypoints are San Diego, Riverside, and Newhall. The San Diego-Riverside-Newhall path was chosen to avoid driving through LA, which is a nightmare. It's probably easiest for you to meet in Riverside, taking the 10 Freeway to the 215.

...and we got a new web address: westcoastsupertrip.com. Find all the details there.

ben184 on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    Hey guys! This is the only minor from last year, but this year a minor no longer! I will be at the Portland way point and I am being encouraged to ride with some one else. So if any one wants to take me? I also have a room spot open in the Double Tree if one of you guys needs one. I would prefer to room with another supertriper because if they stiff me I can kill them :twisted:. Any way thats that.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
    edited June 2005
    I'm all full, but PM viscountalpha to see if he knows someone with seats.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    If people from Tucson are planning on heading up again, I'd like to be informed and see if I can grab a seat with them.

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2005
    Hey guys it's Matt from Phoenix. Yeah Shaun is right. I can't make it to PAX this year much less the Supertrip. It sucks but I've had a series of financial decisions I have had to make that priced me out of this year's event.
    It totally makes sense to drop the Phx waypoint and move it to San Diego right now. Hopefully next year the Blue Falcon can ride again in the Supertrip and there will be enough interest from responsible parties to have a Phx waypoint.
    Regardless, I'll be reading the reports from the Supertrip and PAX 05 religiously. And if there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Unknown User on
  • uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited June 2005
    uc4life wrote:

Long drive???? its 20 minutes from the airport to PAX!

Seriously, does anyone thinkits a long drive for sea-tac to Bellevue?

uc4life on