As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Age: Origins

1555657585961»

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I see some things and I say "it doesn't get more pathetic than this." and then I open a BioWare thread.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    I see some things and I say "it doesn't get more pathetic than this." and then I open a BioWare thread.

Wait.. don't you belong in the Dawn of War thread? Isn't there some whining you can do over there?

Back to your cage.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

Wait.. don't you belong in the Dawn of War thread? Isn't there some whining you can do over there?

Back to your cage.
    Shouldn't you be busy buying barrels of lotion for virtual boobs?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Who let the goomba's out.

Roo rooo roo.

Verr on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Simulated violence is a-ok, but simulated sex makes the player a pathetic loser. Because a gamer may be able to take a gun and shoot up a school, but they aren't ever getting laid.

8-)

Sepah on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nah see, Goomba's an Eldar lover, even his virtual manz can't get any.

Anyways, I hope this game turns out to be worth the wait.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Back to your cage.
    Shouldn't you be busy buying barrels of lotion for virtual boobs?

I don't need lotion. I use sexy salty whiner tears and ravener bile.

This game is going to be so good. I want more details on the battle system, character customization, and skill system before I truly commit to a day0 purchase.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sepah wrote: »
    Simulated violence is a-ok, but simulated sex makes the player a pathetic loser. Because a gamer may be able to take a gun and shoot up a school, but they aren't ever getting laid.

8-)

The way people talk about simulated sex makes them sound like creepy, pathetic losers.

So, yes, I suppose your summation is correct.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

8-)

The way people talk about simulated sex makes them sound like creepy, pathetic losers.

I think a lot of the thread is joking about how excited they are getting over the virtual simulated sex options in this/many games. I hope so anyways. It's usually just a tacked on feature of many higher profile games to stimulate the [strike]crotch[/strike] press and receive more hype and isn't worthy of anything but a laugh anyways.

It's like the sex scenes in The Watchmen.. so awkward.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009

8-)

I think a lot of the thread is joking about how excited they are getting over the virtual simulated sex options in this/many games. I hope so anyways. It's usually just a tacked on feature of many higher profile games to stimulate the [strike]crotch[/strike] press and receive more hype and isn't worthy of anything but a laugh anyways.

It's like the sex scenes in The Watchmen.. so awkward.

But the awkwardness in Watchmen is intentional.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

8-)

That simulated violence is more culturally accepted than simulated sex doesn't say anything about the people that play games with either. It says something about the people making judgements about other people based on their reaction to the game.

Sepah on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think a lot of the thread is joking about how excited they are getting over the virtual simulated sex options in this/many games. I hope so anyways. It's usually just a tacked on feature of many higher profile games to stimulate the crotch press and receive more hype and isn't worthy of anything but a laugh anyways.

IMO it's good that so many RPGs are squeezing it in simply because a) we'll get the teething issues with it out of the way faster than if it was ignored and b) The moment one company rolls 3 6s and gets it right, every other game will be able to learn from their example.

I personally prefer the BG2 style romances where there's nothing explicit as I personally find that kind of simulation unpleasant, but it is good for games overall to be getting on with this, another barrier crushed in the inevitable march to perfect simulation harharhar.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

8-)

That simulated violence is more culturally accepted than simulated sex doesn't say anything about the people that play games with either. It says something about the people making judgements about other people based on their reaction to the game.

Yes, if someone is acting creepy about sex in videogames, it certainly says something about me if I think they're creepy.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2009
    what a good place to end it

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.