As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Australia Meetup Thread

VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine.Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Social Entropy++
All right dudes, the former PerthPAX thread is now the official Australian Meetup Thread, wherein all meetups and "miniPAXes" in Australia are listed by city, and included are links to recaps for earlier gatherings!

HOW TO USE THIS OP: if your city name is colored ORANGE, it means there's an upcoming event available in the spoiler, and the next one is happening on the date appearing next to the city name (if confirmed)! Attendee names in BOLD means that this is the first gathering they are attending, while those that have been crossed out are cancellations. Times, dates, and locations are where everyone is expected to MEET and does not necessarily detail where things will end up.

To sign up for an event, post your interest in this thread so that I can see it, and consider letting the listed Contact know via PM as well.

Feel free to initiate an event just by posting in this thread or PMing me with details, and I will edit them in here and update the title.

Check this post frequently for updates on events and stuff, please feel free to join us at any event at any location if you'll be available!

PERTH
nothing yet!

SYDNEY
nothing yet!

MELBOURNE
nothing yet!

BRISBANE
HASHPIPE'S BBQ GATHERING
A first-time games + drinks + BBQ meetup with the Brisbane forumers!

VENUE: Hashpipe's House
DATE: TBD - a date will be sorted out once 4 or more forumers show interest
TIME: TBD
CONTACT(S): #pipe (via PM)

ATTENDEES:
#pipe
Flyingman

CANBERRA
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHA YEAH RIGHT

For people I have listed as CONTACT(S) for each event, please let me know what your preferred method of contact is (i.e., if you're okay with having your mobile number posted in this OP), otherwise by default I will just have people contact you via PM.

PREVIOUS AUSTRALIAN GATHERINGS
VIV'S ASIAN HQ MEET-UP - PERTH - the very first Perth gathering which was great fun that involved kebabs and pool and drinking and Castle Crashers and angry sex (faces)!
Pictures by Butler

WAKA LAKA'S THEORETICAL BBQ OF MANY LIES BUT THAT IS NOW TOTALLY GOING TO HAPPEN - PERTH - a great amount of fun featuring a fantastic host, tons of meat, alcohol, dice games, oysters, and Little Big Planet
Pictures by Waka Laka

KINCAID'S 1907 BINGE - PERTH - April 9th, Thursday - a night that started off hectic but ended up quite fun, we got dressed up, drank, and wished Kincaid a happy birthday at midnight
Pictures by Kincaid

BUTLER'S GREAT ADVENTURE - PERTH - April 13th, Monday - the largest PerthPAX by far with 9 people showing up, in spite of poor weather we ripped through a very eventful day at Adventure World, which included people getting stuck in rides, people getting heads bashed in on slides, ducks being chased in the swimming pool, boob-feeling on the giant boat ride, tree-climbing to retrieve thrown towels, three couples and a threesome, poker, and generally speaking all-round good fun (pictures on the way, we did end up taking some but after AJR, flynnie, and BigKev had left us!)
Pictures by Kincaid

MOVIE NIGHT I - PERTH - April 30th, Thursday - a low-key, kick-off-the-new-month gathering that involves watching the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie! Featuring running commentary, loud bursts of random giggling and laughter, popcorn, caffeine, too much Gambit, and a serious lack of Deadpool! Pictures on the way!

DOING POOP WITH SYNTHETIC ORANGE - MELBOURNE - June 7th, Sunday - Chinese food and drinks, I think is how this went. The awesome members of the Melbourne SE++ family met up (this means all of them sans YaYa who is a pedophile) and had good times.

SYDNEY MEETUP - SYDNEY - June 20th, Saturday - Also known as "HandsomePAX." I hear this was good, but not as good as the one that happened in Perth at roughly the same time. Because the Perth one was just better.

NERD MOVIE MARATHON - PERTH - June 20th, Saturday - a mass gathering of all the known Perth forumers! Iron Man, Transformers, and... Barbarella were watched to the accompaniment of burnt caramel popcorn, the yummiest spinach dip ever, and an abundance of alcohol. With some malfunctioning XBox 360 controllers and Red Faction on the side and plenty of cock and boob mentions, it was a wonderful evening!

KNOWN AUSTRALIANS + LOCATIONS
PERTH: Vivixenne, Blaket, Butler, Waka Laka, Kincaid, Dublo7, chrishallettbunchanumbers, BigKev, noobert, AJR, flynnie
SYDNEY: Oden, Air, Tweaked_Bat_, bsjezz, Prohass, Gatsby, Ambassador, TrueHereticX
MELBOURNE: Synthetic Orange, stimtokolos, Cyvros, YaYa, Ten, grug
BRISBANE: #pipe, The Cat, LaCabra, Flyingman
CANBERRA: The Black Hunter
GOLD COAST: Glorfindel

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
Vivixenne on

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I have Wrath of Khan on DVD if you want.

Butler on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I have Princess Bride

Will you pay airfare for me to get to Australia to watch movies with you people?

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I haven't actually seen Wrath of Khan

Vivixenne on
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Add me to the list of dudes from Sydney Viv!

TrueHereticX on
  • TasteicleTasteicle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If you like ricardo montalban see it.

Tasteicle on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You know those brain bugs they were using for torture in the new movie? It has those.

Also Ricardo Montalban, the man with the best name ever. Seriously, try saying "I am Ricardo Montalban" and someone nearby will start playing spanish guitar.

Butler on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    speaking of spanish guitar

RICARDO MONTALBAN
    I've been listening to these cats a lot lately

#pipe on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    I have Princess Bride

Will you pay airfare for me to get to Australia to watch movies with you people?

no

because my housemate has Princess Bride

Vivixenne on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    speaking of spanish guitar

RICARDO MONTALBAN
    I've been listening to these cats a lot lately

I love them they are fantastic! Captain Casanova is my favorite one.

So good.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited May 2009

ok ok ok

I thought I already did, sorry

gosh

Vivixenne on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    AMP'd wrote: »
    I have Princess Bride

no

because my housemate has Princess Bride

I have Tommy Boy
    and Space Jam
    and Who Framed Roger Rabbit

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

ok ok ok

I thought I already did, sorry

gosh

It's cool

How are you enjoying our wonderful country?

TrueHereticX on
    edited May 2009
    I love it here so far

to be honest Blake may be a huge part of why

but I mean I love the environment, the weather, the people

also the volleyball! yay volleyball

Vivixenne on
    edited May 2009
    I love it here so far

to be honest Blake may be a huge part of why

but I mean I love the environment, the weather, the people

also the volleyball! yay volleyball

I'm pretty sure the Blake bit was a given :) but I'm glad you like it here

I'm not liking the weather much right now, it was frakking 10 degress when I woke up this morning!

TrueHereticX on
    edited May 2009
    Perth is so nice and warm I went out in T-shirt and shorts to go to the store

teehee

Vivixenne on
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just about froze my ears off when I rode my bike into work last week.

Then I realised 2 minutes before I got there that I was wearing a hoodie with the hood down, and that I was quite stupid.

Ten on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Perth is so nice and warm I went out in T-shirt and shorts to go to the store

teehee

today we had a lovely mix of snow and rain to accompany us through the day, along with chilly winds

Meissnerd on
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah but nobody 'wears' the hood. Then you would look like some no-good deviant.

marty_0001 on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Today's high will be 25 degrees, we are now entering winter.

Blake T on
    edited May 2009
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Yeah but nobody 'wears' the hood. Then you would look like some no-good deviant.

I wear the hood under my helmet, no less, so I probably look like a no-good retarded deviant.

Ten on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I first watched The Princess Bride in Australia.

At the Norwood cinema in Adelaide, I believe.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    edited May 2009
    the hell were you doing in adelaide

Vivixenne on
  • GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the weather hasn't really changed since summer. Though, I'm in Melbourne next week, so that will probably be a shock!

Also, good OP, Viv

Glorfindel on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Silly Southern Hemisphere, it's summer time

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Woo, new thread.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited May 2009
    it's really only chilly here super early in the mornings or late at night

during the day I can be in a tank top and jeans no problem

it IS a bit weird going into May/June and having to wear MORE clothes instead of less, I'll say that

Vivixenne on
    edited May 2009
    like Blake and I are planning a getaway at the end of June and I was all "YAY THE BEACH!" and he's all "uhhhhh it's going to be freezing at the time you realize" and I was all "WHAT THAT'S MADNESS"

Vivixenne on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the weather hasn't really changed since summer. Though, I'm in Melbourne next week, so that will probably be a shock!

Also, good OP, Viv

What are you talking about 25 degrees is freezing.

Blake T on
    edited May 2009
    dammit 25 degrees is not freezing

Vivixenne on
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ten wrote: »

I wear the hood under my helmet, no less, so I probably look like a no-good retarded deviant.

I do actually wear the hood around the house when it's cold. I am wearing my ADIDAS hoodie right now. I prefer not to wear the ADIDAS hoodie out of the house though on account of it says ADIDAS on the front in big letters and people might see the ADIDAS and think I am some guy who thinks wearing ADIDAS is cool.

ADIDAS

marty_0001 on
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ugh ADIDAS

Tweaked_Bat_ on
    edited May 2009
    like Blake and I are planning a getaway at the end of June and I was all "YAY THE BEACH!" and he's all "uhhhhh it's going to be freezing at the time you realize" and I was all "WHAT THAT'S MADNESS"

Hehe reminds me of when my family and I went to Jamberoo when I was younger

In the middle of autumn, while torrentially raining

TrueHereticX on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

In fact it's below freezing.

Unless blaket is bringing that celsius bullshit in which case he's a pussy.

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited May 2009
    Ten wrote: »

I do actually wear the hood around the house when it's cold. I am wearing my ADIDAS hoodie right now. I prefer not to wear the ADIDAS hoodie out of the house though on account of it says ADIDAS on the front in big letters and people might see the ADIDAS and think I am some guy who thinks wearing ADIDAS is cool.

ADIDAS

Mine is the Penny Arcade Black Mantle hoodie, so nothing that stands out. It's very comfortable.

Ten on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Silly Viv, I was born in Adelaide.

Although on that occasion I was just visiting.

Fishman on
    edited May 2009

In fact it's below freezing.

Unless blaket is bringing that celsius bullshit in which case he's a pussy.

we're talking celsius

because you know

it's better

Vivixenne on
    edited May 2009
    Fishman wrote: »

man what

WHAT

so hey apparently awesome shit CAN come from Adelaide who knew

Vivixenne on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    like Blake and I are planning a getaway at the end of June

TO BRISBANE?

#pipe on
    edited May 2009
    Fishman wrote: »

man what

WHAT

so hey apparently awesome shit CAN come from Adelaide who knew

Yes, although the moral here might appear to be that it is never actually found there.

Fishman on
    edited May 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    like Blake and I are planning a getaway at the end of June

TO BRISBANE?

no it's something much closer and cheaper

Margaret River

we're going to do wine tours and stuff like that

sappy romantic stuff

since it's our one-year anniversary

*GLEE*

Vivixenne on