As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Supernatural - The only bad-ass show on the CW

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As I recall, Dean tricked Ruby into walking into a Devil's Trap and left her there. Apparently Lilith found her while she was trapped, and took over the human body she was using, to catch the boys off guard.

Also, I don't the two of them have ever been in the same scene at the same time.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i mean it's a bit of a stretch to say that lilith has been ruby all along

but

the idea of new ruby not being ruby at all?

not absurd

make for a hell of a twist

like seriously why the butt is sam trusting new ruby at all?

both sam and bobby immediately assumed dean was a shapeshifter/zombie/demon thing when dean came back from hell

dean had to prove himself a couple ways to bobby, and it was only bobby's insistence that proved it to sam

so

the hell vetting process did sam use on new ruby to tell that she's on his side?

(probably just "suck my dick")

Pony on
    edited May 2009
    C'mon Ruby, let's play 'Find the diploma'.

Goatmon on

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm currently working out the details as to how making out with Jensen Ackles is one of the manliest things a straight male can do. I think it may even prove heterosexuality if done long enough and only enjoyed on a fanboy level.

On that note, I finally caught up with all of the episodes and am ready to watch shit get wrecked.
    I hope money doesn't talk and allows the show to end gracefully/magnificently next season, as was originally planned. I mean, how does one top the Apocalypse? The end of Heaven, perhaps? Big whoop!

EDIT:
    I hope everyone is ready for a wayward son to carry on. Horrible cliffhanger, anyone? I need to somehow watch the finale without my brother being around for I predict manly tears... from me.

Monsty on
    edited May 2009
    Double post to remind everyone that the season finale is on tonight. Prepare for Kansas!

Monsty on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i'm so excited for the season finale. shit is gonna go down

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I do believe, good sirs, that shit will be getting real tonight.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am so looking forward to this.

Also, Bones! And 30 Rock!

Rachel and I are at a loss as to what to watch after this. We will be watching the X-Files soon, though.

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

Rachel and I are at a loss as to what to watch after this. We will be watching the X-Files soon, though.

Mori, you and janson should maybe start with the wire, though it can be slow going. or maybe dead like me. only two seasons, so fairly short, but really really watchable and fun. skip the movie though.

lostwords on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    lostwords wrote: »

Mori, you and janson should maybe start with the wire, though it can be slow going. or maybe dead like me. only two seasons, so fairly short, but really really watchable and fun. skip the movie though.

We are totally going to watch Dead Like Me

I wanted to start watching it last night (I've seen the first... three or four episodes? Right before Daisy is introduced) but then I realized it was midnight and we needed to get to bed soon.

Have you ever watched Party Down? It's by the creator of Veronica Mars and is pretty good.

Moriveth on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

I wanted to start watching it last night (I've seen the first... three or four episodes? Right before Daisy is introduced) but then I realized it was midnight and we needed to get to bed soon.

Have you ever watched Party Down? It's by the creator of Veronica Mars and is pretty good.

Oh hey. I didn't know anybody else watched Party Down. My wife and I have been watching it and I'm really digging it. Except for Roman. He's just such an unlikable character.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited May 2009
    Oh hey. I didn't know anybody else watched Party Down. My wife and I have been watching it and I'm really digging it. Except for Roman. He's just such an unlikable character.

I've only seen the first episode, but I enjoyed what I saw, and I'm told it gets better as it goes on!

"Can somebody get this man some more fried chick- snacks?"

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009

i love party down, mostly because of lizzy caplan and bill from freaks and geeks. my fave episode so far is the russian mobster party with steve webber form wings playing the russian mobster. soooo good. you should also check out head case from starz. a little uneven, but fun overall.

lostwords on
    edited May 2009
    I'm also having fun keeping track of all the Veronica Mars alum that show up on Party Down.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited May 2009
    weevil showed up on a random episode of castle and i cheered. though he looked like he gained a few extra pounds since the veronica mars days.

lostwords on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am so pumped

Janson on
    edited May 2009
    Yeah. Saw him on Heroes, man he got chunky.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited May 2009
    I am sad we got caught up with Supernatural and Bones

But hey, there're still plenty of shows out there to watch

Janson on
    edited May 2009
    Have you guys tried Psych?

Comedy/crime show on USA.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited May 2009
    No, but you said comedy/crime so I am instantly....pysched

Janson on
    edited May 2009
    BAM.

It's got some of the best banter on tv right now. You can get seasons 1-2 and 3 comes out in july. The pilot's a bit sketchy but the writing and character interaction grows in leaps and bounds.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Those Angels are even bigger dicks than I realized.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited May 2009
    I knew that bitch was no good.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Re: Psych
    I prefer Monk, but Psych is pretty damn good

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    Dammit I cannot read this thread

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    That was a terrible cliffhanger.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited May 2009
    I mean super fucking bad.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited May 2009
    Bad in a "Oh god I need the next season already" way, or just bad?

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    It made me angry.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited May 2009
    They love their cliffhangers. FUCK.

Let's make wild and baseless predictions about next season!
    Dean somehow gets angelic grace and whoops on Lucifer something fierce. Maybe he even marches into Hell to pull out papa.

Monsty on
    edited May 2009
    arrrrgggghhhh goddamn cliffhangers

this episode:
    though god, ruby's death was so goddamn satisfying. what a crazy lady. goddamn angels are dicks. but really sam? you're gonna fall for a fake voicemail message? ugh. also, the demon nurse reminded me of that one museum girl from the first season with the deadly painting. i wonder if its the same lady.

wild speculation for next season
    its set in a post-apocalyptic future where demons are running wild and the winchesters are the heads of the hunters/resistance group. bring back jo and more bobby plz. though it looks like they're avoiding the direct brother on brother violence with the ending.

lostwords on
    edited May 2009
    This is getting good.

Goatmon on

edited May 2009
    Holy shit
    Sam's going full demon? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. D:

Although, he almost certainly would have changed his mind on killing that lady if the Angels hadn't been interfering.

Goatmon on

edited May 2009
    DAMMIT, FUCK CLIFFHANGERS.

Goatmon on

edited May 2009
    ARGH

FUCK FUCK FUCK
    Of course they had to end it like that, fucking hell

looking forward to some kind of post-apocalyptic setting for Season 5, though!

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    Lost I know you read this thread so what the FUCK was up with the season finale of Bones

I liked it, but didn't think it was a good finale
    And Booth better not have fucking amnesia for too long

Moriveth on
    edited May 2009
    Lost I know you read this thread so what the FUCK was up with the season finale of Bones

D: couldn't fit watching bones last night! i'll let you know tonight when i get a chance to watch it. i heard bad things though...

lostwords on
    edited May 2009
    also, weird thing I realized, Ilchester, maryland (where the opening and closing scenes happen) looks to be about 10 miles from where my house is. though i've never heard of it before. I may have to visit and drive around and see if there are any creepy abandoned convents there, Ghostfacers-style

lostwords on
  • Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Okay, I don't know how I missed out on this thread at all, but I need to let it be known. Supernatural is one of my most favoritest shows on TV. And I have a serious man-crush on Dean, because he is motherfucking bad ass, and I wish I could kill evil things and make jokes about it like him.

The final seal was somewhat predictable, but it was still awesome as all hell.
    Maybe he even marches into Hell to pull out papa.

I fear that if this were to happen my girlfriends vagina would explode with delight. She thinks he is the hottest fucking thing to ever grace the planet.
    though god, ruby's death was so goddamn satisfying. what a crazy lady. goddamn angels are dicks. but really sam? you're gonna fall for a fake voicemail message? ugh. also, the demon nurse reminded me of that one museum girl from the first season with the deadly painting. i wonder if its the same lady.

I don't know what I should spoiler, so I am putting it all in one:
    This entire season I have been saying things like "I don't like the new Ruby. She sketches me out. The old one seemed more trustworthy." And now I see why. I know that not why they switched actresses, but damn, she did a pretty okay job of stringing me along while subtly making me wary of her. Also, demon nurse is a different actress than the painting episode. I missed like, the first 17 episodes of season one, and just watched it all marathon style about 2 weeks ago.

BTW: Old Ruby was way fucking hotter than this new skank with fucked up lips.

Geebs61 on
    edited May 2009

D: couldn't fit watching bones last night! i'll let you know tonight when i get a chance to watch it. i heard bad things though...

It wasn't a horrible episode

I quite liked it, actually

but it was a terrible season finale

Moriveth on