As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strange but true...

galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in PAX Archive
This is sure to be controversial, but wondering if there are any gay/lesbian/bi pax goers I figure there are thousands of you, so there must be some amongst the ranks. No flames please...(no pun intended).

"You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
galen_myth1 on

• oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A few that I know of.

Weirdo.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    of course there will be queer peers and how is this controversial?

teamquiggan on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm guessing because you can go into any game online and be called "FAG FAGGY FAGGOT ARRGH" within 30 seconds, the gaming sphere hasn't seemed all that friendly to the openly GLBTQ community since the advent of voicecomm.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    None of those people actually hate gay people they are just using the insult de jour. People who really hate Homosexuals are far more scary, gamers as a whole are a more accepting portion of the population. I don't like posts like "I know this is controversial" because it prefaces that it is weird to begin with, its the same reason why Morgan Freeman hates Black history month.

teamquiggan on
    edited March 2007
    Aye, I can see that, I suppose. Self-ostracism is admitting defeat before you begin.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    harassment online is all due to the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory, unfortunately. I did a term presentation/paper on it too. It's disappointing that anonymity will generally turn people into fuckwads, but there's not a whole lot anyone can do about it-- until we invent "smack-in-the-face over internet protocol".

b0wser on
    edited March 2007
    Learn to give Gabriel's G.I.F.T. to everyone you meet!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    All of PAX reeks of homoeroticism.

That may just be because there are no girls on the internet, and none at PAX either.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
    edited March 2007
    that scent wasn't homoeroticism, that was stank dudes.

b0wser on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I'd like to hope that the scent will be milder with more spreading room, but unless the WSCTC has like super-ventilation, it would probably be a good idea not to have a nose during PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Huh, I guess my dim sense of smell was handy last year since I didn't notice.

Guess there is a bonus to having mad lifelong nasal congestion.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    hmmm, with a strong gay presence, the Barbie Horse Adventures booth will be a surefire hit!!! (totally kidding, i'm totally not a gay basher, i think george clooney is a very handsome man! don't suspend me!!!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited March 2007

How in fuck's sake did you not smell that. Either you have NO sense of smell, or you yourself must be sooooo rank that you couldn't smell it. Either way, here's a list of some of PAX's smelliest events.

4. The Ball - If you weren't there, you've either heard about it or seen videos. Several hundred, possibly thousands of people who spend their mornings in line and the past hour in the theater hitting and throwing things around during the keynote speech are suddenly shoved out into that spot outside the doors to wait for the G&T panel. A ball is produced, madness ensues and some people get more physical exertion right there than they have all year. Needless to say, warm, sweaty nerds drenched in sweat.

3. The Tabeltop Area - Never actually went over there last year, but I'm sure it was pretty damned rank. I mean, it was the only part of PAX open 24 hours. Stinky.

2. The Tournaments - everybody's waiting and agitated before it starts and they've been waiting outside the room in a huge crowd waiting to be let in for the tournament. Essentially going from a place with some ventilation to a place with none.

1. The Concerts - 3000 people crammed into a theater room jumping and screaming while the bands play onstage with hot lights on. It's the end of the day, so the people who did shower, haven't in about 15 hours and the people who didn't shower are just getting ripe.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What about that time someone was asked to kiss an enforcer full on the lips. Red, whats up with that?

Viscountalpha on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

How in fuck's sake did you not smell that. Either you have NO sense of smell, or you yourself must be sooooo rank that you couldn't smell it. Either way, here's a list of some of PAX's smelliest events.

4. The Ball - If you weren't there, you've either heard about it or seen videos. Several hundred, possibly thousands of people who spend their mornings in line and the past hour in the theater hitting and throwing things around during the keynote speech are suddenly shoved out into that spot outside the doors to wait for the G&T panel. A ball is produced, madness ensues and some people get more physical exertion right there than they have all year. Needless to say, warm, sweaty nerds drenched in sweat.

3. The Tabeltop Area - Never actually went over there last year, but I'm sure it was pretty damned rank. I mean, it was the only part of PAX open 24 hours. Stinky.

2. The Tournaments - everybody's waiting and agitated before it starts and they've been waiting outside the room in a huge crowd waiting to be let in for the tournament. Essentially going from a place with some ventilation to a place with none.

1. The Concerts - 3000 people crammed into a theater room jumping and screaming while the bands play onstage with hot lights on. It's the end of the day, so the people who did shower, haven't in about 15 hours and the people who didn't shower are just getting ripe.

Good lord people, SHOWERS are your friend. Hell, I go out of my way to get a hotel with a pool since this is my damned vacation and I like to relax when im not gaming. ( I smell decent after the pool time too)

Viscountalpha on
    edited March 2007
    I would suggest a "Shower at PAX" thread, but I already know it is futile.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    every year up at BYOC it didnt really smell. The console areas are the ones that stunk the most.

There were a couple people passing by that really left a bad odor but on the whole it was tolerable.

Probably becuase there wasnt a ton of people jampacked into a small area like at expo/theater.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited March 2007
    that console tourney room up on the top floor facing the sun got pretty reektastic during that SSB2 tourney, that was rather packed (around 500 entrants).

b0wser on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    if bawls really wants to make some cash, they should bring a bawls brand anti-persperant! i'll admit, gamers are stinky.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.