As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomic Critiques Wanted

2»

• Options
    Matt_SFCMatt_SFC Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    what you should really be doing is getting the artist on with you, and posting your strips in their loose pencils with handwritten dialog, so that you can improve it based on the critiques here before you finalize it.

I don't think our schedules would really permit this, he isn't able to browse much from work, so he does his paper sketches at work during business hours (he works in a much more traditional office environment than I do). Then draws mostly at night, and most of you guys seem to post during the day. I appreciate the offer though. Maybe if we get a bit ahead on strips we might be able to do it with one.

Also before anyone groans don't feel your art critiques have been wasted he definitely has been lurking after work. We just didn't figure there was much point in two of us nodding our heads in here.

Matt_SFC on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The thing is is your comic isn't good or popular enough for you to worry about maintaining a schedule yet. I'm sure your readers don't extend past a handful of your friends, so it's not something that should be of priority to you. The two of you will learn and improve more by revising and working on each strip longer than you will be by pumping out three or however many each week.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Matt_SFCMatt_SFC Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Here's today's comic. Cleaned up the copyright line a bit. We also added colored text bubbles for just this comic (also any other comics as to text would be confusing as to who's speaking).
    2009-05-18-what-do-you-mean-you-people.jpg

Matt_SFC on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text