As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Flight of the Conchords - David Bowie

Chris RedfieldChris Redfield Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Hi, are any of you fans of David Bowie? What about the series 'Flight of the Conchords'.

If the answer is yes to both of those questions, you should love this extract!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiXXaMQ7gz4

Please make sure to rate it and leave comments both on Penny Arcade and YouTube. Thanks, tell me what you think of it!

My favourite quote begins at 0: 56: "Hey Bowie, d'you have one really funky sequin spacesuit or d'you have several ch. ch. changeees?

Lyrics
Lyrics: Bowie's in space Bowie's in space What you doing out there, man? That's pretty freaky, Bowie Isn't it cold out in space, Bowie? Do you want to borrow my jumper, Bowie?
Does the space cold make your nipples go pointy, Bowie?
Do you use your pointy nipples as telescopic antennae to transmit data back to Earth?
Bet you do, you freaky old bastard you
Hey Bowie, do you have one really funky sequined space suit?
Or do you have several ch-changes?
Do you smoke grass out in space, Bowie?
Or do they smoke Astroturf?
Ooh!
Receiving transmission from David Bowie's nipple antennae
Do you read me, Lieutenant Bowie?
This is Bowie to Bowie
Do you hear me out there, man?
This is Bowie back to Bowie
I read you loud and clear, man
Ooh yeah, man!
Your signal's weak on my radar screen
How far out are you, man?
I'm pretty far out
That's pretty far out, man
Ooh- ah- ooh!
I'm orbiting Pluto
Ooh- ah- ooh!
Drawn in by its groovitational
(Groovitational pull)
I'm jamming out with the Mick Jagger-nauts
Ooh, and they think it's pretty cool
Are you okay, Bowie?
What was that sound?
I don't know, man
Ooh, it's the craziest scene
Yeah, I'm picking it up on my LSD screen
Can you see the stratosphere ringing?
To the choir of Afronauts singing
Bowie's in space
Bowie's in space
Bowie Bowie Bowie Bowie Bowie Bowie
Bowie's in space
Bowie Bowie Bowie Bowie Bowie Bowie
Eena-ma-ma-meena-mina-mowie
Phasers on funky
Eena-ma-ma-meena-mina-mowie
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-Bowie's in Space

P.S: Many of you will have seen this before as it was aired a long, long time ago, but I was reminded of it wen the new series was shown in England recently.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chris Redfield on

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I... hm... so like, did you join in 2007, with the intention to be the Flight of the Concords street-team two years later? I mean, yeah that's funny and I like the show but, you're doing this wrong I think.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    And here I thought David Bowie was all tied up with the Guild of Calamitous Intent.

Edit: No seriously, what the fuck did I just watch?

Archonex on
  • Options
    JasocoJasoco Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We had a thread recently about FotC. And I posted about 90% of the videos, both from the TV show and their live appearances, in it. This thread is unnecessary. Especially since this video was probably posted in it too.

Jasoco on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The dream sequences are funnier anyway.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Your name and avatar don't match.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    Chris RedfieldChris Redfield Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Cervetus wrote: »
    Your name and avatar don't match.

I know, but Wesker looks and sounds far more awesome than Chris! (As in his voice sounds far more awesome.)

To Jasoco: I was unaware of that, but still, you said 'had'...

And to Kid Presentable: I only really made an account to rate and comment on videos, I just really like tis video.

Chris Redfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Let us debate and discourse this video and its lyrics.

...Or something.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm still pretty upset about missing them when they came to campus. I couldn't make it there in time :(

MC Chris and Flight of the Conchords in the same week. It would have been the best.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i have a shirt that says 'david bowie fucked mic jagger'

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2009
    20050302h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Ripped From The Headlines is now complete. Now that the first quarter rush is upon us, those would-have-been-holiday titles are wailing and beating on the window to be let in. We shall indulge them.

A good portion of my self-identity is tied up in the fact that I play games, particularly games on personal computers, which I recognize is somewhat strange but I'm hoping that this is the sort of audience which will readily accept such declarations. I can usually survive a family gathering outside of the healing radius projected by my machine (designation "Featureless"), but seated where I am now, hands directly on it, the bonuses to INT and CON are incalculable.

I could go on like this for a very long time but the truth is that something happened to my machine and the experience has been utterly paralytic. At random intervals - in any piece of software, at the desktop, wherever - blasts of sharp static fire from the headphones into my mind. This hellborne sound has a number of odd characteristics, the most noteworthy being that it is literally nauseating to hear it. I believe that there are police crowd control devices which produce a similar effect, though I would imagine that they are usually not worn directly on the head.

I can imagine an experiment by which one would break a person of their lifelong affection for computers, and it would be exactly like this in every way. I've been up most of the night trying to square this thing away, because we're talking about Domination, Freedom Force, and Republic Commando all basically this week. If you've got any ideas, and I hope that you do, please drop me a line at this dummy gmail account. My DxDiag dump is right here, if you're curious. I feel like the static is a physical thing by this point, an organism, waiting and then leaping.

(CW)TB out.

truly a sight for sore eyes

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.