As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me find a Peanuts comic...

DarwinsFavoriteTortoiseDarwinsFavoriteTortoise Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, so I'm looking for a specific strip from Peanuts, which may be a little difficult, considering there are over 17,000.

The strip I am speaking of features Linus, and I believe Lucy does that something that frustrates him, and so he frantically pulls at the top of his shirt and tears it open, and then he says something along the lines of "She hath caused me to rend my garment".

Any idea?

DarwinsFavoriteTortoise on

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    241037.full.gif

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Thanks a bunch.

How did you find that so fast? I've searched every variation of "Linus" and "Rend" and "Garment" in google before I posted that. Maybe my google-fu is just a little weak.

• Options
    edited May 2009
    And if this isn't possible, its fine, but can I get it a little bigger?

I want to put the last panel on a t shirt, so I want to get it in the highest resolution possible.

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Your best bet for that would to project it onto a wall and re-draw it.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just Googled "Peanuts Linus Rend", found a review of a collection that defined the word "rend" and said the comic was from February 7th, 1960, then I just went to Snoopy.com and pulled it up by date.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    ZerounZeroun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If you can't find any bigger originals, you could try something like Inkscape's Trace Bitmap-function that allows it to convert an image into SVG, so you can zoom in as much as you'd like. I tried playing with it a bit but only managed to make this. It's not perfect, but with a bit of tweaking you might be able to make a better one.

Zeroun on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh yea, I forgot which programs I used, but I've converted a fairly complicated sketch into a vector image. ie, scale to any size.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Give me 15 min and I'll give you a high res version. Just the last panel? Speech text too?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Give me 15 min and I'll give you a high res version. Just the last panel? Speech text too?

Yes, just the last panel, with the speech text.

Thanks very much.

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Here is the JPG.

I'm uploading the TIFF as we speak, and I'll link it here when it's finished.

Edit: TIFF File.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So how did you do that, Figgy?

Improvolone on
  • Options
    s_86s_86 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -

s_86 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So how did you do that, Figgy?

I just drew it in Photoshop. Not perfect, and it surely doesn't capture the "pencil stroke" styles of the Peanuts comics, but I'm sure it works for t-shirt printing purposes.

Figgy on