As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia ++] The Next Generation

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Rather strong. What's worrisome, though, is that, according to the ship's blueprints, there's nothing behind the wall it retreated into - the room behind it is just the docking bay, and there was never any hole in the docking bay.

It's almost as if the hole weren't actually in the wall itself, but merely the space the wall occupied.

DE?AD on
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dux looks at the, now closed, breach. 'If that thing was the warp core, then I think we have something.... interesting on our hands....' He pauses for a second. 'Mr. Sunshine, were you aware of the presence of this creature?' he says over the comm.

Dux on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Someone wake up the- wait, is the Presidest still alive?"

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Rather strong. What's worrisome, though, is that, according to the ship's blueprints, there's nothing behind the wall it retreated into - the room behind it is just the docking bay, and there was never any hole in the docking bay.

It's almost as if the hole weren't actually in the wall itself, but merely the space the wall occupied.

ohohohohoho
    "You just need a gentle touch." Downbeat looks for a lock to jimmy open.

I'd assume private eye would involve lockpicking?

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "I was not informed of the creature's presence. Neither were any of the other genemod pilots."

[8] After about a minute of searching, Downbeat puts together the clues, and comes to the conclusion that he is attempting to lock-pick a wall.

DE?AD on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    hahahahahhaa

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2009
    bahahahahaha
    even when I fail you bring amusement

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    hahahahaha

Dux strokes his chin. 'Mr. Sunshine, do you by chance know who the inventor of the warp engine is?' He can't help but smirk at the machine's attempts to lock pick a wall. He must have forgotten quite a lot indeed. Good thing he's wearing a helmet.

Dux on
    edited May 2009
    "What are you laughing at, huh? I'm evidence enough that objects have more than they show."

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "Doctor Alfred Kutukora," Sunshine replies, his voice, as always, utterly flat.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    "Let's use the lifeline, 'Phone a Friend!'"

Antimatter on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    more than meets the eye

"Doc, you better be able to fix this when it's all said and done."

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Dux ignores Downbeat for a second. 'Where does this Dr. Kutukora live?' he asks Sunshine. He then turns to Downbeat. 'Apologies, it was just slightly amusing. I meant no offense.'

Dux on
    edited May 2009
    "I see, you're in column 'B'. I have two categories for people; Those who find humor in jokes, and those who find humor in the misfortune of others. No offense."

Antimatter on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Most certainly. It's a simple enough procedure." Feli laughs, and waves his hand dismissively."You may not want to be too rough on yourself for a bit. I think I shall go and see what was going on in the warp drive room that was causing all that shaking."

He leaves the room, having changed back to his usual tailored suit, complete with his rose-tinted glasses.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • sedosedo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Son, a robot pokin' a wall with a lockpick is pretty well in the category of jokes."

sedo on
    edited May 2009
    "And what makes YOU an expert?"

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "Speed might know something about the tentacle thing. Its an Annie ship, and god knows that terrible planet has more'n a few things with tentacles on it."

sedo on
    edited May 2009
    Dux rolls his eyes. 'Whatever you say Mr... Downbeat was it?' He turns to Foghorn. 'This Dr. Kutukora is the inventor of the warp engine. If there is anyone who can shed light on this..... whatever it is, it is him.'

Note that he's wearing a helmet at the moment which covers his entire face.

Dux on
    edited May 2009
    "Downbeat, correct. I just like the ring to it, don't you?"

Antimatter on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Feli enters the room just in time to hear Foghorne's statement and Downbeat's reply,"All sentient beings are born with an intrinsic sense of humour. So in a way, we're all experts."

"Now can someone explain to me why you nearly made me botch Mr. Locth's surgery by shaking the whole ship from this room?" Feli says, perturbed.

He turns to Dubh and says,"As an aside, it worked. The surgery is complete."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited May 2009
    "Look, Dr., when you encounter a giant tentacle sometimes things get hairy. Those hooking suckers..." Downbeat shudders. "Anyway, warp core failure because of the weird thing that "lives" in the warp core room. I should have gotten a scan, but easy come, easy go... wait." Downbeat tries to scan the entire room for radiation signatures.

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "Tentacles, pardon me?"

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited May 2009
    "Giant, groping, evil tentacles emanating from this room."

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "I'm all for going to the source, Dux, but seems to me that we should look closer to home before knocking on the door of a man who invented a top-secret military technology such as this. Especially since we're public enemy number one to the particular nation that payed him.

But hey landing on a human world to extract a possibly hostile and probably well-guarded scientist actually does sound kind of fun, so I'm game."

sedo on
    edited May 2009
    "Actually sir, I believe this is what Mr. McStubblyleg's plans were about. As the Presidist's doppleganger, Mr. Locth will have access to both the warp drive's blueprints and Dr. Kutukora."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Who's got two thumbs and spent all day throwing up?

:^:This guy:^:

"What on earth have you people done to the warp drive?"

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    "Thats what you were swappin' faces for? Must've missed that part of the plan, I figured it was more a 'we've got a spare face thats just going to waste' type thing. This actually makes more sense."

god damn I am the worst at reading

edit: speed if you have the swine flu you need to tell us so we can shoot you in the brain before you reanimate

sedo on
    edited May 2009
    Who's got two thumbs and spent all day throwing up?

:^:This guy:^:

"What on earth have you people done to the warp drive?"

Shit sucks, Speed. I'm sick too. Not as bad, but I hate when that happens.
    "We made it better."

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "Dr. Kutukora has a private lab in his penthouse suite in Niotokio, within Japanination, on planet Anyymaye."

Downbeat scans the room, but can find no residual radiation of any sort - this is strange, as you'd assume any sort of engine would produce at least some background radiation of some kind.

DE?AD on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "And yet somehow it is offline!"

Speed tries to get in to the warp room to see what the fuck you people have done.

Considering that the scientist is Annymaynian and Dead made a point to capitalize the word "speed" every time he used it during the fight I think we've got my god!

Also the red and blue color scheme really I'm just stating the obvious here.

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    "Majoris, we have a problem. I detect ZERO, that's right ZERO radiation from the engine."

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    Hopefully you have to race him.

Through hyperspace.

Wait...but if there's a creator...did we switch Locth's face for nothing?

D:D:D:

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited May 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    "Majoris, we have a problem. I detect ZERO, that's right ZERO radiation from the engine."

"Well yes engines generally stop radiating when you blow them up."

Speed Racer on
    edited May 2009
    Good eye, Speed. Good eye.

[23] Speed enters the room and has a look around. Using his knowledge as a helmsman, he quickly pieces together the fact that there is essentially no engine in this room.

DE?AD on
    edited May 2009
    "When an engine stops working it should still give off heat from when it was running. There's NOTHING. NADA."
    disregard
    dead you fucker

Antimatter on
    edited May 2009
    "We didn't blow anything up. Some big creepy brightly colored octopus thing was attacking Tommy. Him, Dubh, and Dux fought at it, but it ran away through the otherwise solid wall, and then the warp engines wen't down."

"You know anything about giant tentacle monsters that can squeeze through solid steel?"

sedo on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hopefully you have to race him.

Through hyperspace.

Wait...but if there's a creator...did we switch Locth's face for nothing?

D:D:D:

We need to convince the Terrans to disarm.

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Oh, right.

Tehee.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited May 2009
    'It is quite logical Mr. Foghorne. It's something I took into account, however you are right in that Mr. Racer can still be of assistance. Call it a hunch, but I think we will encounter these beings again, and Mr. Racer's speed will be essential in defeating them. Also, my knowledge of Japanination is somewhat..... lacking... to say the least.'

Dux on
This discussion has been closed.