As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Day 6 -- Blink: Trinity

18910111214»

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Haha, good jorb village.

Yeah, I realized a day or two after I died that I should have been way more aggressive. "hmm, Dunadan is almost revealed? DIE DIE DIE!"

*siiigh* a bit more initiative and we'd have had a much better chance....

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Haha, good jorb village.

Yeah, I realized a day or two after I died that I should have been way more aggressive. "hmm, Dunadan is almost revealed? DIE DIE DIE!"

So Kime, what did Oats say to you when you called for angel unity, anyway?

Cause you see, village, I had no idea Oats was evil. That was a hunch.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, in retrospect, there should have been a 4th angel. See, the original plan was 4 angels/20 players. Sign-ups were dragging out a bit, though, and so I had to decide whether 3 or 4 angels would be more appropriate for 18 players.

In hindsight, I made the wrong decision, because there was a real possibility of this game dragging out to like 9 days or something, which isn't cool for a mini.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well done, Duna. I forgive you for day-1 voting me. Well done indeed.

As for you, angels... Kime, learn how to be properly evil! Jeez!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Haha, good jorb village.

I told you Oats or Spork!

Umm.... gah, so many PMs, lemme go through them. Oats I remember was just acting really weird. I couldn't decide if he was networked or evil, so I advised Prof to leave him alone on the off-chance he was evil.

Now gimme a minute for PMs...

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Haha, good jorb village.

I told you Oats or Spork!

Well, yes, thus the hunch.

Dunadan was right, though. Oats was most likely to be evil. :lol:

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So it was you who killed me Moriarty.

You son of a bitch :). Congratulations to the village, I'm sorry I couldn't live past Day 1.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So it was you who killed me Moriarty.

You son of a bitch :). Congratulations to the village, I'm sorry I couldn't live past Day 1.

I had to. I could tell from Day One that you were intending to do this right, so it made you a fairly obvious target.

When it finally occured to me that Dunadan had to go, I started assuming he was being guarded and that any attempts on him specifically would be a waste.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So, when I asked for Angels to PM me I got lots of replies...

Kay PMed me. Yes, Kay was dead. No, he was not an Angel, of course. But he gave it a good try still :P.

B:L PMed me. Yes, B:L. The very same B:L who was never even in the game! Oh, B:L....
    B:L wrote:
    ~I'm your darling angel

Kime, I'm your friend when you're in need

evil~

Those were my first two responses. A dead guy and.... that thing.

You can see how my hopes may have... dampened... a bit :lol:.

Then Oats PMs me. He gives me correct facts, but nothing complete. Why did you do this to me Oats!? Was it really that hard!? Meanie.

Nocturne wrote:
    1. I have wings
    2. I like to kill people
    3. I don't like people looking at me
    4. I do like people not looking at me
    5. Sometimes I weep

:| "I have wings" Really :lol:?

FINALLY Prof gets to me with a perfect, flawless response.

I had to prod WilDPanthA for a response. But wow, haha, what a reply I got:
    1. Weeping Angels, while having an absolute hatred for all things human (and cuddly) and having a cold granite-like exterior, actually can be a peaceful breed when together. They enjoy long jaunts through the sky and relaxing by exotic ponds.

2. The hatred of humanity, and explorers in general, comes from stories told by the elders of a time long long ago when they were first discovered by humans. The Weeping Angels, wanting to make peace with the explorers, offered to share the receipe for angel food cake ... but the explorers thought of the angels as weak and in turn, made them watch ALL of the movies in which Pauly Shore starred in. They have not been able to overcome this hatred since.

3. The favorite pasttime of the Weeping Angel is basketball because they can flutter through the air and gracefully dunk a basketball as if it were no more than an effort to breathe ... well, it also is fun for them to destroy the soul of the referree for calling charging instead of blocking, but who can really blame them.

4. All Weeping Angels absolutely hate "Ghost" ... and "Ghost Busters" is part of their actual history ... they don't like to talk about "Ghost Busters 2."

5. A Weeping Angel's favorite color is blue ... nuff said.

And then lastly, Whod. Please note the direct and obvious contradictions :P....
    Whod wrote:
    1. Angels are made of marshmallows.
    2. Angels must post only in Spanish.
    3. Angels must also post only in Olde English.
    4. Everytime kittens fart, an angel loses its wings.
    5. Angels have cravings for pork rinds. They can't get enough of 'em. They trade 'em like cigarettes in prison.

But yeah, I knew then we were pretty much screwed. Dun could literally just spend a day watching each person, and when the kill stopped he'd know. Should've killed him earlier!

And no, Dun, my grudge with you is not over. It will never be over!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    haha thanks for sharing, Kime. Those were awesome.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanks GtC for running it. I wish I could have been around for more of it :).

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Thanks GtC for running it.

Definitely, I had lots of fun.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm glad. It was my first, so I was pretty worried about it going well. :P

EDIT: My primary goals were:
    1. Don't fuck this up.
    2. Prevent vanillager boredom and apathy.
    3. Don't fuck this up.
    4. Reduce the "Village ---> Network ---> Lapdog" progression that is common in Phalla, by removing the seer and vig abilities. (Was....moderately successful on this one. I guess.)
    5. Don't fuck this up.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It was derived from an awesome source, made into an awesome Phalla gimmick, and run with awesome narrative with awesome players.

An all-around success for sure. I'll be keeping my eye out for any games you run in the future, Gandalf.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, awesome job everyone. This was really fun.

Also, EPIC FUCKING REVEAL:

This was my first time both winning and living to the end of a phalla ever!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    OK, a question I have:

Dunadan019, were you just lying through your teeth about having a seer in your network, or was someone in your network lying to you about being a seer? Because there was no seer in this game. :P

OOooh! I fucking knew it!

Yeah, he was lying through his teeth. His awesome Angel-hunting teeth. Good work, fellow mason!

And many thanks to you for hosting, Gandalf, this was a pretty unique and very fun mini!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That was fun! Wish I has survived a little longer :D Thanks Gandalf for hosting!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I knew Oats was evil

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Watched Dunadan sleeping last night; didn't blink.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Watched Dunadan sleeping last night; didn't blink.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    oh yeah 3/3! none of you are gonna like much of what i'm gonna say....

1) with no guardian, i could have been killed anytime but i wasn't. on day 3 i assumed there was no specials this game since no one contacted me.... so i made up a network to sheepize the players into following my hunches.

2) on day 3 i thought to myself: If i was an angel, i would make sure to report blinking or not blinking every day. thats how i picked up kime in the first place that and I realized that Kime might just be sick enough to openly admit it when he is evil. When i watched him successfully night 4 and there were no kills, i decided to use my fake network head influence to get other people to follow my hunch.

3) once he stopped being Kime and started being logical I knew i had him.

4) it really was between oats and whod because one of you was obviously lying. by obviously i mean, I had a hunch... oats' defense just convinced me i was write.

5) Profmoriarty, had you not defended oats last night, I would have bandwagoned Nocturne or Rainfall instead :P. I really didn't think you were evil at all.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And that's the other thing ProfMoriarty: Had Duna bandwagoned me the last day, I would have been like "Well, I'm innocent, but at the rate we're going we will finish off the angels in the next couple of nights, so no biggie."

Honestly sometimes you have to take one for the team. But nice job Duna. And again thanks to GtC for the game!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    the only reason i even suspected nocturne was because i couldn't believe that we had randomly correctly watched and not blinked at all of the angels.

i thought someone just didn't send orders in.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So Dunadan believed I to have the highest probability of being good and Kime believed I to have the highest probability of being evil?

Awesome.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    I knew Oats was evil

I didn't hide it terribly well, what with the constant assertions of plans full of holes.

Oats on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    oh yeah 3/3! none of you are gonna like much of what i'm gonna say....

1) with no guardian, i could have been killed anytime but i wasn't.

Except for the fact that our kills had a little better than a 1/2 chance of working.

I withheld a kill night 2 in hopes of throwing around some paranoia but only two people were watched successfully (one of whom was me.) It was rather obvious there was no seer. The angels had enough ways to be screwed through the pants already.

Prof, I almost contacted you day 1 when you said something about angels not being networked. It was a pretty big tip-off to any of the angels (rarely ever are the mafia not networked). For future evil roles, it's often best to post a middling amount, offer the village some vague kind of idea which is flawed in some small way and otherwise forget any and everything in your evil role PM when you read the thread.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    can someone copy paste the angel role PM, link is blocked by work filter.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    can someone copy paste the angel role PM, link is blocked by work filter.
    The Lonely Assassins, that's what they used to be called. No one quite knows where they came from, but they're as old as the Universe, or very nearly. And they have survived this long because they have the most perfect defence system ever evolved. They are Quantum Locked. They don't exist when they are being observed. The moment they are seen by any other living creature they freeze into rock. No choice, it's a fact of their biology. In the sight of any living thing, they literally turn into stone. And you can't kill a stone. Of course, a stone can't kill you either, but then you turn your head away. Then you blink. Then, oh yes, it can.

You Are A Weeping Angel. Each night, you may PM me the name of one player and attempt to kill them. If...
    • ...they are a fellow Weeping Angel, you will both fail to hit your targets.
    • ...they are a fellow Weeping Angel and you both targeted each other, you will both be removed from the game.
    • ...they are not an Angel, but you have been watched by a player who did not blink, you will fail to hit your target.
    • ...they are not an Angel, but they chose to watch you, and did not blink, you will fail to hit your target and that player will be sent an image of a Weeping Angel attacking them.
    • ...they are not an Angel, and you were not watched, you will remove them from the game.

You win when all Villagers have been removed from the game.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wahoooooo winnars!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    By the way, Dunadan, since I used so much energy whining at you, I thought I'd take a moment and just say that you played this brilliantly. I have no doubt that I messed a lot up, but that doesn't change that you did a great job of basically single-handedly hunting down and destroying the Weeping Angels.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It was so goddamn obvious that kime was evil.

I had him killed in three separate games on that day to try and give you guys a warning, but you didn't follow through. :cry:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    By the way, Dunadan, since I used so much energy whining at you, I thought I'd take a moment and just say that you played this brilliantly. I have no doubt that I messed a lot up, but that doesn't change that you did a great job of basically single-handedly hunting down and destroying the Weeping Angels.
    Although to be fair, us leaving a semi-confirmed public voice alive was a horrid mistake. This game is horribly easy for the village once they get coordination, that should have been our job to prevent. Dun did do a good job taking up the lead to organize and whatnot though, I agree.

Oh B:L, I will end you. Haha I'm glad this wasn't my fourth game that day though, that would've been harsh. Impressive though :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    In other-phalla related gossip once I find out who that bacteria fucker is I will end him.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh B:L, I will end you.

Well I mean, that's what you said in Secret Game!

I had to think of an appropriate response. :P

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Although to be fair, us leaving a semi-confirmed public voice alive was a horrid mistake. This game is horribly easy for the village once they get coordination, that should have been our job to prevent. Dun did do a good job taking up the lead to organize and whatnot though, I agree.

Oh B:L, I will end you. Haha I'm glad this wasn't my fourth game that day though, that would've been harsh. Impressive though :P.

yeah you'd be surprised how often that happens. "oh look he revealed he must be guarded, lets not waste a kill on him!"

also, i got really lucky moriarty, i was almost sure we were gonna lose after i saw day 2.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Oh B:L, I will end you.

Well I mean, that's what you said in Secret Game!

I had to think of an appropriate response. :P
    We should all applaud this man's dedication to his craft.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dunadan is my hero

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Whod wrote: »
    Dunadan is my hero

I thought I was your hero.

• Options
    WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Whod wrote: »
    Dunadan is my hero

I thought I was your hero.

Damnit B:L, you're always misinterpreting what I say! I said zero, u r a ZERO!!
    Just kidding <3

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild