As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Give 'Em Head Harry (Reid) Strikes Again!

13»

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, DLC is different. I was just offering a suggestion, I don't know exactly why Harry Reid always cowers in fear whenever the Republicans threaten to say the mean things they're going to say about him anyway.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Can anyone explain to me how someone who seems to be utterly allergic to leadership is actually in such a high up leadership role?

Also, when are people going to stop being afraid a terrist is going to kill them? You have better odds of getting killed by a ball point pen. Anyone who lives outside of a major metropolitan area and believes they are at imminent risk of being attacked by terrorists is so completely retarded they need to be culled from the gene pool. I live in the middle of goddamn nowhere, and I'm completely serious when I say my tax dollars would be better spent preparing a zombie response plan than in fighting terrorism. Mainly because neither will ever actually happen here but one is much, much cooler.

JihadJesus on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Also, when are people going to stop being afraid a terrist is going to kill them?

Probably when 24 stops being on television. Seriously, I mean, I like what I've seen of the show, but I've never seen a character who drives home "The end justifies the means" more than Jack Bauer (or however it's spelled).

Clearly people do not understand the degree of containment these people will experience, be it on our soil or not. Also, the whole all people have certain unalienable rights thing. Did people never learn that the reason that we are the good guys is because we choose to do the right thing and don't stoop to their level? Well... we stopped doing the right thing, and we need to fix it!

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I really wish people would stop blaming 24 for people supporting torture and turrism. It's exactly the same as blaming video games for murder.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Except that people use 24 to justify torture and nobody uses video games to justify murder.

Also, I don't think Tim Kaine is a Blue Dog. Moderation is not the same thing as anti-liberality.

Captain Carrot on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ...that's exactly what they do.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    edited May 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    ...that's exactly what they do.

No, Senators quote 24 to justify torture and scapegoat video games for murders.

enlightenedbum on
    edited May 2009
    Oh, I see what you're saying.

However, it's still the same thing.

"Torture is great because of [television show]!"

"Kids are murdering people because of [video game]!"

They're both fucking stupid.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    edited May 2009
    Right.

enlightenedbum on
    edited May 2009
    Yes.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Pi-r8 wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Clearly, Harry Reid must be...

eliminated

All Reids are now enemies of the Republic.

Hey, he doesn't speak for the rest of us.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    He's also next in line. I increasingly hope Reid loses next year.

This . . .

It can't be.

It would be to good a trade.

Speaker on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the 24 thing is hilarious because jack tortures innocent people all the damn time

nexuscrawler on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop blaming 24 for people supporting torture and turrism. It's exactly the same as blaming video games for murder.

I'm not blaming 24, I'm blaming the people who watch a tv show and think that is the right way to go, just like I blame the parents of the children for not teaching them any better. I don't believe 24 should be taken off the air, but I'm just saying this is a show that glorifies torture to be an effective method of obtaining information to save thousands perhaps even tens of thousands of lives. Dumb people will take away "it works for Jack Bauer, and he is always stopping the bad guy! Yeah, that wasn't so bad! We got the terrorists!"

And also I would say there is a difference in that Jack is portrayed as super serious, no nonsense hero, saving everyones lives because he's willing to do it. The hero's of Grand Theft Auto are obviously not heroes or good people, and are portrayed with certain satire.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3