As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC] PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Summer Edition

BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
Old thread is huge and bloated, plus summer is the time that we all are ramping up for PAX so many many new gatherings will be happening :D

I will keep the OP updated as much as possible with things that are going on this summer.

old thread located here:
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=68730

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
BigRed on

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    BIGRED IS TOO BUSY WITH PAX STUFF TO UPDATE THIS POST

BigRed on
  • The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'll come :P

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This threads title sucks. Also, we need moar 4th of July BBQ plans.

Azazel on
    edited May 2009
    except you can blow shit up at said bbq :(

BigRed on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    And feel hot coals to seagulls.

A tentative "yes" to Golden Gardens.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2009
    When are you moving back up here Prox?

Azazel on
    edited May 2009
    About 3 weeks :)

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am a yes for Golden Gardens! I will bring beer and perhaps some meat.

eye-shuh on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I feel out of the loop, what is this Golden Gardens? Perhaps I'll try to keep the date open. :D

Also, 4th of July party full of PAXers would be epic. Alas, I am planning a LAN that weekend.... though we may still move it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Damn you BigRed, you stole ma and Nomads idea! :P

This works tho, its just what we need I think. Let the olld thread die a dignified death!

Also, Fukyeah Golden Gardens!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited May 2009
    Hey I did this last year so It was my idea first :P

Lets just hope it doesnt rain this time... although ill bring the tent thing again just incase :P

BigRed on
    edited May 2009
    Haha, I meant this thread, not the Golden Gardens :P Golden Gardens is most certainly your property :D

Snickers on
    edited May 2009
    Snickers wrote: »
    Haha, I meant this thread, not the Golden Gardens :P Golden Gardens is most certainly your property :D

Well I think im one of the few thats on the forums more than you guys so I guess its ok that I stole the thread idea :P

BigRed on
    edited May 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

Well I think im one of the few thats on the forums more than you guys so I guess its ok that I stole the thread idea :P

Ahahah, I suppose I ca get past your thievery... But only because I'm excited for booze Saturday!

Snickers on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This sounds pretty sweet. Sign me up.

Also, a 4th of July party would be all kinds of awesome. Especially since I imagine a lot of explosions.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Damn you BigRed, you stole ma and Nomads idea! :P

This works tho, its just what we need I think. Let the olld thread die a dignified death!

Also, Fukyeah Golden Gardens!

cause you took too damn long Snickers!!!! :P

I'm in for BBQ too!! wooooooh!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

Also, a 4th of July party would be all kinds of awesome. Especially since I imagine a lot of explosions.

Except fireworks are all kinds of illegal around here... unless someone happens to have a house in unincoporated king county....

BigRed on
    edited May 2009

Except fireworks are all kinds of illegal around here... unless someone happens to have a house in unincoporated king county....

I have a house in unincorporated Pierce county...... but who wants to go that far for fireworks?!?! Also it's near a Native American school so you can see their huge fireworks.

MetaverseNomad on
  • j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We should be able to at least stop in for this Golden Gardens BBQ :)

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
    edited May 2009

I have a house in unincorporated Pierce county...... but who wants to go that far for fireworks?!?! Also it's near a Native American school so you can see their huge fireworks.

You underestimate people's dedication to explosives.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    proXimity wrote: »

You underestimate people's dedication to explosives.
    2643410705_024e9a996a.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    Hell I went down to federal way last 4th of july just so I could blow shit up.... if nomad wants to host a 4th gathering/booze (no drunk fireworks though)/bbq party at a place we can shoot off fireworks, a ton of people will show up :D

Edit:
    lol moe

That pic is of me running the fuck away from a huge 3" diameter moarter that I "accidently" put in the tube upside-down. hehehe :D

BigRed on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    That cul-de-sac made the perfect fireworks exploding area.

edit: I thought that was Auburn, not Federal Way?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    That cul-de-sac made the perfect fireworks exploding area.

edit: I thought that was Auburn, not Federal Way?

Eh... close enough, that persons house is right inbetween the 2 cities

BigRed on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    June 20th is my b-day, and I'll also be out of town for the Golden Gardens bbq.

I'm all for blowing shit up in unincorporated King County.

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited May 2009
    Hell I went down to federal way last 4th of july just so I could blow shit up.... if nomad wants to host a 4th gathering/booze (no drunk fireworks though)/bbq party at a place we can shoot off fireworks, a ton of people will show up :D

My mom is the coolest. She says everyone is welcome, she's cool with fireworks and she said she'll even get some kegs if people chip in some money. She loves parties! She also said everyone is welcome to (get massively drunk and) camp out with tents and stuff. Also there could be potential for bonfire action. And smores.

Only downside is you have to go down to Tacoma-ish. But, it's like 30 mins.

MetaverseNomad on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

My mom is the coolest. She says everyone is welcome, she's cool with fireworks and she said she'll even get some kegs if people chip in some money. She loves parties! She also said everyone is welcome to (get massively drunk and) camp out with tents and stuff. Also there could be potential for bonfire action. And smores.

That sounds fine with me! :lol::lol:

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited May 2009

Well, I live in Federal Way, so it'll be a hop skip and a jump for me ^^.

I just realized I have a concert on June 20th... but it doesn't start until 9:00ish it looks like. So, I could pop by for a while.

As far as July 4th goes, I'm totally down :).

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009

That is awesome Nomad. Smores are of course a natural outcome of a bonfire. Of course it's the unnatural outcomes that arise from drunk people and a bonfire that make the real entertainment.

And what we learned(again) last year was to keep the fireworks away from the food.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited May 2009

That is awesome Nomad. Smores are of course a natural outcome of a bonfire. Of course it's the unnatural outcomes that arise from drunk people and a bonfire that make the real entertainment.

And what we learned(again) last year was to keep the fireworks away from the food.

Do I even want to know? o_O

The DIMD on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    I am a yes for Golden Gardens! I will bring beer and perhaps some meat.

This is truly all a man can ask for. Count me in for Golden Gardens.
    The DIMD wrote:
    Do I even want to know?

YES. This sounds like an awesome story begging to be told.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited May 2009

hahah, yeah, I have witnessed that situation!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    The DIMD wrote:
    Do I even want to know?

YES. This sounds like an awesome story begging to be told.

I hate to disappoint you guys, but there isn't much of an interesting story.

Last 4th of July, with another group of my friends, we had a barbecue with the grill on their second floor patio. Making that the natural place to congregate. Thus having us all drinking and eating there, led us to setting off fireworks on this patio. We're too lazy to walk down a flight of stairs even when explosives are involved.

After lighting a lot of fireworks up there all the ash was everywhere. It wasn't until after most of the fireworks were used up that we realized all the ash was now over all the food that was laid out. Gave things an interesting taste. We might have even cared if we hadn't already been eating and drinking for a few hours at that point.

I look forward to the antics that a PA crowd can cause when combined with fireworks. :twisted:

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    edited May 2009
    MetaverseNomad your mom is AWESOME

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Woo fourth of July party!

Oh drunk people and bonfires...my only request is no one get drunk and decide it'd be a fun contest to see who can run and jump over it without catching on fire.

eye-shuh on
    edited May 2009

Oh drunk people and bonfires...my only request is no one get drunk and decide it'd be a fun contest to see who can run and jump over it without catching on fire.

So if I don't get drunk, and then decide to jump over the bonfire, that still covers your clause :-P

Azazel on
    edited May 2009

That is exactly what happened last time.

MetaverseNomad on
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    MetaverseNomad your mom is AWESOME

I awesomed YOUR mom.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I am the perfect example of that going wrong...

Firejumping drunk while camping
    n19710783_30549398_2489.jpg

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
    edited May 2009
    Accalon wrote: »

I am the perfect example of that going wrong...

Firejumping drunk while camping
    n19710783_30549398_2489.jpg

And ever since then... they've called you the champ.

The DIMD on
This discussion has been closed.