As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Assassins '09 - Thanks for Playing! Stay tuned for PAX EAST details

• Sir_LagSir_Lag Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I guess my new found running abilities will be helpful here...or I'm going to assume I can't run around the conference hall....I guess I will have to rely on my stealth....

Sir_Lag on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sir_Lag wrote: »
    I guess my new found running abilities will be helpful here...or I'm going to assume I can't run around the conference hall....I guess I will have to rely on my stealth....

Yeah, no running. But Stealthing is all good. I'm going to paint myself flat black and wear angular clothes.

sum10fishy on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »

Yeah, no running. But Stealthing is all good. I'm going to paint myself flat black and wear angular clothes.

You'll stand out well against the backdrop of pasty kids who stay indoors.

redhalo on
    edited May 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

Yes, but I'll stand out stealthily :winky:

sum10fishy on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

Yes, but I'll stand out stealthily :winky:

LOL I just imagine you sneaking around like Kronk in The Emperor's New Groove.

MaoChan on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    LOL I just imagine you sneaking around like Kronk in The Emperor's New Groove.

Sound effects/music and all included.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    But it only works if you sound like Patrick Warburton.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • SecComSecCom Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Reason #2: Look what I can do

SecCom on
    Lead Editor of http://fullnovazero.com We like to write about video games.
    edited May 2009
    hmm, maybe I should bust out my Snake costume from Halloween, and tweak it a little

Sir_Lag on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A box is not a costume.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Note to everybody: Dressing up as Waldo doesn't work... Unless we get like a dozen people to do it.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Note to everybody: Dressing up as Waldo doesn't work... Unless we get like a dozen people to do it.

Which would be so amazing. Have all but one dress slightly differently from the real Waldo.

redhalo on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, the real one lost his shoe, right?

Also, this is creepy.

SlickShughes on
    edited May 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    A box is not a costume.

.....hmmm, I didn't even think of that....I was going to bring my actual Snake Suite, but this sounds easyer....IGNOR THE MOVING BOX!

Sir_Lag on
    edited May 2009
    A box is not a costume.

.....hmmm, I didn't even think of that....I was going to bring my actual Snake Suite, but this sounds easyer....IGNOR THE MOVING BOX!

Go as Old Snake and by that I mean dress as Wilford Brimley.

MaoChan on
    edited May 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    A box is not a costume.

.....hmmm, I didn't even think of that....I was going to bring my actual Snake Suite, but this sounds easier....IGNORE THE MOVING BOX!

Go as Old Snake and by that I mean dress as Wilford Brimley.
    NICE! well, if I were to go in costume, my costume is a combination of the suites Snake Wears in MGS1 + 2, all I would have to do it work on the details a little and grow out my facial hair....this really should be in the cosplay thread, shouldn't it......

.....anyways.....do we get all the tags and stuff when we get to the expo?

Sir_Lag on
    edited May 2009
    Last year Mars was sitting in the lobby of the Sheraton while the big line up started on the first day morning.

MaoChan on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    He also had a ship in advance option, for like 5 bucks or something like that.

SlickShughes on
    edited May 2009
    There was also an opportunity to pick them up outside BYOC. Stay tuned to the thread. It will all be announced. The thread is also watched during PAX so if you have access to the forums at PAX you can usually communicate through that.

sum10fishy on
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This sounds like tons of fun. Good thing I have the ability of hiding in crowds and looking inconspicious.

Brex123 on
  • DewinDewin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This does sound fun and interesting. Sign me up!

Dewin on
  • DigitalJediDigitalJedi Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    Interesting, perhaps I'll dress as Altair this year for this event only. >_>

DigitalJedi on
    "Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice."
    edited May 2009
    Interesting, perhaps I'll dress as Altair this year for this event only. >_>

It's been suggested but to my knowledge never actually done.

I dare you, I DOUBLE DOG dare you. :winky:

sum10fishy on
  • ReighvinReighvin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Most likely, I will only be attending PAX for one day this year. If that is the case, I offer my services as an informant, or scout for other players.

My thought is to set up an email/twitter account where anybody will be able to contact me through it.

Also, has anybody thought about setting up a facebook group for this? It would allow the easy exchange of photos to help find your target. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but could be an interesting twist to go with it.

Reighvin on
  • DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh boy, can't wait to do this again.

I did actually pretty well last year, think I barely got second or third or something along those lines. It was pretty fun but yeah it was really hard to see some people's tags.

Either way this year should be a blast, it gave you something good to do while standing in lines or just going from one place to the other. Although when you see someone when you are standing in a line and you have to like Assassin's Creed over to them it can be kinda hectic.

Draknodred on
  • TheJackalManTheJackalMan Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Reighvin wrote: »
    Most likely, I will only be attending PAX for one day this year. If that is the case, I offer my services as an informant, or scout for other players.

My thought is to set up an email/twitter account where anybody will be able to contact me through it.

Also, has anybody thought about setting up a facebook group for this? It would allow the easy exchange of photos to help find your target. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but could be an interesting twist to go with it.

So I take this as meaning one can not play if one is only there a day?

TheJackalMan on
  • HyperneticHypernetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This sounds really cool! Does everyone meet up at once to get their target arm band things, or how does that all work?

I'd be really interested in doing this. Also, are there any other rules, such as leaving the show floor, that I should know about? I've never done anything like this, but at cons and stuff I normally do go back to my hotel for a couple hours in the afternoon to chill out.

Hypernetic on
    edited May 2009
    Reighvin wrote: »

So I take this as meaning one can not play if one is only there a day?

Not necessarily. Last year it wouldn't have worked but MarsChelios may have a way this year. Ask him.

sum10fishy on
    edited May 2009
    Hypernetic wrote: »
    This sounds really cool! Does everyone meet up at once to get their target arm band things, or how does that all work?

I'd be really interested in doing this. Also, are there any other rules, such as leaving the show floor, that I should know about? I've never done anything like this, but at cons and stuff I normally do go back to my hotel for a couple hours in the afternoon to chill out.

I believe the rules were if you were wearing the assassins badge you were playing. Inside the hall or not. So leaving the show is fine but you're still fair game on the street. :winky:

sum10fishy on
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

I believe the rules were if you were wearing the assassins badge you were playing. Inside the hall or not. So leaving the show is fine but you're still fair game on the street. :winky:

Streets were free game, but hotel rooms were safe zones :P Wouldnt want anyone busting down your door at night...

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »

Streets were free game, but hotel rooms were safe zones :P Wouldn't want anyone busting down your door at night...

Isn't it once in elevators of hotels, it's safe zone. The lobby was part of the "street"? or am I wrong about that? I didn't play last year, but I am so stoked for this year.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Isn't it once in elevators of hotels, it's safe zone. The lobby was part of the "street"? or am I wrong about that? I didn't play last year, but I am so stoked for this year.

I think that anything that is not a small, confined space should be fair game. That would leave elevators, hotel rooms, and washrooms as safe zones. It could also lead to epic chases through hotel hallways, with the victim trying to make it into his hotel room with his assassin running full tilt towards him.

Brex123 on
    edited May 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »

I think that anything that is not a small, confined space should be fair game. That would leave elevators, hotel rooms, and washrooms as safe zones. It could also lead to epic chases through hotel hallways, with the victim trying to make it into his hotel room with his assassin running full tilt towards him.
    That would be so epic.....I need to practice my free running.....

Sir_Lag on
    edited May 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »

You mean walking quickly. Running away is against the rules. Safety and all. If you have been found and your assassin has identified you you must accept your defeat.

sum10fishy on
    edited May 2009
    You mean walking quickly. Running away is against the rules. Safety and all. If you have been found and your assassin has identified you you must accept your defeat.

You can have my assassins badge when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

MaoChan on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Question answering time! There's been a few questions about how to sign up, where to get your kit, etc. so here's some info on that.

We liked the shipping option last year where you could sign up and order your kit shipped in advance, so this year we're going to try to do that as much as possible. We'll be using the number of kits ordered online as a way to determine the game population and the number of colors/symbols to keep things balanced. We will be bringing some kits to the convention, but not as many as last year.

Note: The material cost of the game has increased with the addition of the armband holder to the point where we can't cover the cost of a game like last year. This means there will be a price for the kit in addition to shipping. Out initial estimates put it from 5-7 dollars which includes shipping. I'll update again when this is finalized.

The site is being overhauled now but we should be ready to start sign ups shortly. Updates to come.

MarsChelios on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oooh, i'm definitely down for this again! need some REVENGE!

[edit] Mars, are you still thinking of handing them out at the pre-pax dinner again?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    [edit] Mars, are you still thinking of handing them out at the pre-pax dinner again?

We could do that if for some reason shipping wasn't feasible (over-seas traveller, moving, etc.) but we won't be able to do it for everyone or in any large quantity. We'll deffintiely have some kits for latecomers, those just learning about the game, etc.

Since I was handing out the kits last year I took everything in my carry-on since I didn't want to lose my luggage and have the game ruined. Even though I wasn't stopped for having a hundred plastic badgeholders taped together, I could see them wondering what it was when being scanned.

MarsChelios on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »

We could do that if for some reason shipping wasn't feasible (over-seas traveller, moving, etc.) but we won't be able to do it for everyone or in any large quantity. We'll deffintiely have some kits for latecomers, those just learning about the game, etc.

Since I was handing out the kits last year I took everything in my carry-on since I didn't want to lose my luggage and have the game ruined. Even though I wasn't stopped for having a hundred plastic badgeholders taped together, I could see them wondering what it was when being scanned.
    well, i know it takes a lot of work for you, so whatever works easiest for you. will you also be having a donation page again this year?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I would like to be in again plz, as I didnt get to kill anyone, nor did I get killed, my blood lust went unsatisfied.

The_Reflection on
This discussion has been closed.