As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Complete Failures Of All That Is Logic

• Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Here's a failure of logic from design perspective: Limited extra lives and game overs. Why does this vestigial game mechanic keep getting used? It serves no purpose unless it's the core of the game and you're supposed to get it done in one run like many shmups or it's an arcade game.

Most developers have stopped, but fucking nintendo keeps using it, of all people.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Kastanj wrote: »
    Regenerating health by standing still and not being pumped full of lead for 15 seconds consecutively.
    I also much prefer the random completely identical health kits for my non-immersion breaking health regeneration.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    They made up for it be having all their games be generally easy as pie and handing lives out like candy at the same time.

VF2 had the best combos.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Regenerating health by standing still and not being pumped full of lead for 15 seconds consecutively.
    I also much prefer the random completely identical health kits for my non-immersion breaking health regeneration.

Farcry 2 tried to rectify this problem. It's the best I've seen so far, digging bullets out of your hand is pretty cool

Dixon on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dixon wrote: »

Farcry 2 tried to rectify this problem. It's the best I've seen so far, digging bullets out of your hand is pretty cool

Or they could go with the MGS 3 system where you can cure bullet wounds and broken bones instantly by slapping a band-aid on it . In the middle of a fight no less. Then again it was big boss , if anyone can pull that stuff off its him.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    A battle between 2 traps

Weird and fighting games just goes so well together.

Yeah, the best thing about Guilty Gear is that it takes the weird all the way up to 12. It's probably not the strangest 2D fighter ever, but it's probably the strangest of the big names.

I mean.....you've got the douchebag vampire, a guy who is dressed by his parents as a girl, a cop with a sword and long robes, his robot doppleganger, a short, scarred lady with one arm who is a cultural treasure, some sort of weird....witch....rockstar....hooker....and whatever the hell Dizzy is. It's like a satanic version of Cheers.

Seriously, the waitress who balances on one leg is probably the least strange character.

Slayer is not a douchebag.

Slayer is slick.

And I honestly can't think of a fighter weirder than guilty gear.
    Or better than guilty gear. :P

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kor wrote: »
    See to most humans, if you ask them to randomly spit out 10 numbers between 1 and 10 you'd get

Whereas if you ask a computer for the same thing, you're more likely to get:

Actually, isn't it equally likely to get either sequence (with probability (1/10)^10)? The key is that people will tend to make a sequence without replacement (without repeating numbers) whereas true random number generators have no qualms about repeats. Just a small side note, don't mind me.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You mean pseudo-random number generators! Ha-HA!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

My favorite part about the Farcry 2 system is you can think you're behind some cover and start prying a bullet out of your arm, get shot once, and then in order to recover from the critical wound you reach down to your leg and pry a bullet out of it.

Because the bullet in the arm totally stopped being important all of a sudden.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Quote tree about MGS
    Igort wrote: »
    Lamoid wrote: »
    Womanizing? The only woman I've seen with Slayer is his wife Sharon.

Though that's probably because most women probably wouldn't survive being completely drained of blood.

That's the douchebag part.

EDIT: Speaking of vampire, I'm kind of surprised no one has brought up Metal Gear Solid....extremely weird given it's attempt at a 'realistic' (or, in some cases, historically reconcilable?) setting. Really, what was Kojima's deal with people getting their junk cupped?
    mgs3comic13.jpg

Oh my God I have been looking for this forever.

Where is the wonderful, wonderful site where the whole thing is kept?

http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/

Speaking of Metal Gear, and I hope this fits in with the topic, there's a sequence in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake that still baffles the ever loving shit out of me.

There's a sequence where you have to hang glide over a chasm to get to a bulding to the north, however you can only use the hang-glider if the wind is blowing North. But the wind is constantly blowing South. So what do you have to do to get the wind to blow North?

Smoke some cigarettes. You have to smoke cigarettes to change the wind direction.

What's worse is there is literally no indication, ever, that this is what you have to do to change the wind direction.
    The cigs in MG the original gave you more time before the base self-destructed. I think it might be an in-joke where cigs are like, cure-all everythings in random situations.

Also for those who haven't seen it, I forget who it was, but someone here made the brilliant synopsis of Metal Gear Solid games.

Khavall on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This is a bit into, "THAT GODDAMN BOSS" territory, but Kagami from Tenchu 2 has to qualify as one of the cheapest bosses of all time. She has a poison dart move that if you get hit by, once, you are fucked. It is unblockable and your character is stun locked to death inside of ten seconds when hit and there is NOTHING you can do about it. There is an ostensibly an antidote which takes a RIDICULOUSLY long time to drink, in which time you are staring at the gameover screen. That's not to mention her smoke bomb which is also unblockable, ninja stars, grenades, and 250 hit points which is about double the health of any other boss in the game. This at the end of a grueling two part mission in which you fight ANOTHER goddamn boss that's almost as hard as she is. It's almost not worth your time to even try the final boss without Ninja armor and every distance weapon you can grab hold of. Plus, the early tenchu games had a shitty combat system to begin with. In Tenchu 1, this isn't so bad as most enemies, even bosses were reasonable enough to not have moves that could chain stun you. You have to constantly hold 'back' to block, there are multiple unblockable combos in Tenchu 2, and your character moves in combat with the grace of a drunken yak.

I gritted through that last mission with a hate drenched aura of death, amazed that anyone could logically find these fights 'fun'.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A battle between 2 traps

Weird and fighting games just goes so well together.

Yeah, the best thing about Guilty Gear is that it takes the weird all the way up to 12. It's probably not the strangest 2D fighter ever, but it's probably the strangest of the big names.

I mean.....you've got the douchebag vampire, a guy who is dressed by his parents as a girl, a cop with a sword and long robes, his robot doppleganger, a short, scarred lady with one arm who is a cultural treasure, some sort of weird....witch....rockstar....hooker....and whatever the hell Dizzy is. It's like a satanic version of Cheers.

Seriously, the waitress who balances on one leg is probably the least strange character.

Slayer is not a douchebag.

Slayer is slick.

And I honestly can't think of a fighter weirder than guilty gear.
    Or better than guilty gear. :P

It goes without saying that there are better 2D fighters than the admittedly very good Guilty Gear. But I don't know if there are any weirder 2D fighters.

*thinks hard*

In the meantime, more MGS weirdness.
    mgs3comic02.jpg

Bees are weird.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    Quote tree about MGS
    Igort wrote: »
    Lamoid wrote: »
    Womanizing? The only woman I've seen with Slayer is his wife Sharon.

Though that's probably because most women probably wouldn't survive being completely drained of blood.

That's the douchebag part.

EDIT: Speaking of vampire, I'm kind of surprised no one has brought up Metal Gear Solid....extremely weird given it's attempt at a 'realistic' (or, in some cases, historically reconcilable?) setting. Really, what was Kojima's deal with people getting their junk cupped?
    mgs3comic13.jpg

Oh my God I have been looking for this forever.

Where is the wonderful, wonderful site where the whole thing is kept?

http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/

Speaking of Metal Gear, and I hope this fits in with the topic, there's a sequence in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake that still baffles the ever loving shit out of me.

There's a sequence where you have to hang glide over a chasm to get to a bulding to the north, however you can only use the hang-glider if the wind is blowing North. But the wind is constantly blowing South. So what do you have to do to get the wind to blow North?

Smoke some cigarettes. You have to smoke cigarettes to change the wind direction.

What's worse is there is literally no indication, ever, that this is what you have to do to change the wind direction.
    The cigs in MG the original gave you more time before the base self-destructed. I think it might be an in-joke where cigs are like, cure-all everythings in random situations.

Also for those who haven't seen it, I forget who it was, but someone here made the brilliant synopsis of Metal Gear Solid games.

I believe that was one Mr The_Scarab

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    edit: whelp wrong thread

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Monger wrote: »
    Gosling wrote: »
    I will, of course, supply the seed clip; this is MLB 2k6. Jermaine Dye at bat for the White Sox.
    I blame the 'roids. Pretty soon they'll be bunting straight over the Green Monster.

I think we've all made peace with guys shrugging off 10 or 20 shots to the face in your average shooter, but I still find it kind of ironic that an elbow to the chest is almost always an instant kill.

From what little I played of Wanted, charging headlong through a hail of bullets and just hitting people in the face, waiting to recharge, and then doing it all over again was far and away a more effective tactic to dispatch enemies than hiding in cover and shooting them from there.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, my favorite is Kingpin: Life of Crime on max difficulty.

I swear, some bosses could take 30 rockets to the face and it wouldn't even faze them.

Now, in a game like Doom, I can understand that to an extent. Demons and all that jazz. But in Kingping, these are human thugs and gangsters. And on average, they take more hits than demons in Doom 3. So weird.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Prey's system was brilliant, but you had to play on hardest difficulty (honestly, locking it by default was a mistake, it makes the game). You can't heal, at all. Only way to regain health is to die. I think the game regenerated a smidgen of health out of combat so you could never be one-shotted by ordinary peons the moment you opened the door, but otherwise it turned into a battle of attrition, trying to see how far you could get on your last pixel of health.

Glal on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Halo 3's physics engine would sometimes glitch out whenever a character died, leaving them literally stretched out in different directions, or even sometimes flailing wildly in the middle of the air. I was playing a zombie match with some friends, and after I was killed, I saw on my screen my zombie body glitching through the air, slowly approaching my friend who shot me. It was like something out of Silent Hill.

Yeah, Halo 3's physics seems to be applied to the "solid" parts of the body, then just connects them. Sometimes it doesn't really work.

With hilarious results!

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Bursar wrote: »
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    Halo 3's physics engine would sometimes glitch out whenever a character died, leaving them literally stretched out in different directions, or even sometimes flailing wildly in the middle of the air. I was playing a zombie match with some friends, and after I was killed, I saw on my screen my zombie body glitching through the air, slowly approaching my friend who shot me. It was like something out of Silent Hill.

Yeah, Halo 3's physics seems to be applied to the "solid" parts of the body, then just connects them. Sometimes it doesn't really work.

With hilarious results!

I think it was a deliberate choice by Bungie (as when the Master Chief's body "locks up" in the beginning of Halo 3 after his rough landing), though it does have hilarious outcomes occasionally, made all the more hilarious by the brilliant tool that is Theater mode.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The only thing that's worse than the damage sponging thing is damage sponging on sensitive body parts. It's like as far as 99% of games are concerned it's either normal damage or headshot damage and that's it, but even if you've got the whole demon/radiation/genetically-powered damage sponge excuse, there's some shit that just can't be ignored. I don't care if your skin is a reinforced alloy and your bones are bade of high-grade steel, if someone shotguns you in the face there is a good chance that you should be blinded, to say nothing of the potential insta-kill factor from a pellet bouncing around inside your skull. Unless your skin is a reinforced alloy and your bones are made of high-grade steel, getting shot point-blank in the kneecap or elbow with a shotgun or sufficiently-stupidly-large-calibur gun is going to turn that sucker into chunky salsa.

EDIT: Also, this whole insistance that videogame capital ships be these slow-as-syrup monstrosities that move with all the grace of an old man with a displaced hip. Assuming a similar engine-to-hull ratio between a capital ship and smaller vessels, a capital ship ought to be able to keep pace with a fighter craft just fine in terms of raw speed, and there's no good reason that they can't move about with some kind of grace.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Drez wrote: »
    Man, my favorite is Kingpin: Life of Crime on max difficulty.

I swear, some bosses could take 30 rockets to the face and it wouldn't even faze them.

Now, in a game like Doom, I can understand that to an extent. Demons and all that jazz. But in Kingping, these are human thugs and gangsters. And on average, they take more hits than demons in Doom 3. So weird.

You ever tried shooting your boss with a rocket launcher? Those guys are tough.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    See to most humans, if you ask them to randomly spit out 10 numbers between 1 and 10 you'd get

Actually, isn't it equally likely to get either sequence (with probability (1/10)^10)? The key is that people will tend to make a sequence without replacement (without repeating numbers) whereas true random number generators have no qualms about repeats. Just a small side note, don't mind me.

Either way, the point I was trying to get across is that humans confuse random for fair. Sure its just as likely a computer could come up with sequence 1 and sequence 2, but the human will almost always resemble sequence 1 more closely.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Either way, the point I was trying to get across is that humans confuse random for fair. Sure its just as likely a computer could come up with sequence 1 and sequence 2, but the human will almost always resemble sequence 1 more closely.

And a human would never give out a sequence like
    4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4

Though that's totally possible with a computer doing it.

Khavall on
  • Options
    KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    No one has said this yet, I think.

Taking out a magazine, replacing it, somehow not losing out on any unspent rounds. I'm afraid instant arithmetical satisfaction requiring bullet teleporting and instant refilling of cartridges and mags is not exactly a priority for arms manufacturers. A HUD I can understand but I can't think of one current FPS that actually has your unspent bullets not returning to the very large and very heavy pool of bullets you carry around.

Also, grenades being iffy at a reasonably close distance, even indoors. My knowledge of martial matters and boomy things in general is limited because I didn't exactly savor military service, but one thing I do know is that without decent cover there is no way you can be in an average corridor with an average grenade and not only get fragged silly and deafened - the blast of the damn thing will feel as if a brick wall is passing through you, brick molecules phasing through your own, much softer lattices.

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Completely subjective of course. :P

Is it too late to post up T5 endings? Because this one is seriously awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BPt2fZ0DA&feature=related

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Okay, I am reconsidering my weirdness ratings of Tekken 5, because, apparently, it leads into the beginning of Mobile Suit Gundam. This is rapidly approaching Soul Calibur levels of weird.

On a sad note, Paul dies when the Zeon drop his colony on Australia. D: Let's have a moment of silence...

Synthesis on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Guys.
    the OP wrote:
    I do mention that, since there exists an assumed minimum level of gamer intelligence, that we can probably skip the 'people turn into coins/disappear when they die', 'walking on top of a medical kit makes everything better instantly', 'I died, but it's okay, I've got two more guys' stuff we all beat into the ground a decade ago. Even the shirts you buy in stores have moved past those dead horses. Consider your audience, please.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I guess I was always fine with bizarre Tekken endings, because I kind of took them to be little bonus rewards for having beat the game with that character, as opposed to actual parts of the storyline. The goofiness is just a plus in that case.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've got one I've seen in some Square RPGs. First, let us establish that the game's reigning government has captured the main character and named him a dangerous felon. Let us also give this character a death sentence, so dangerous s/he is. Taking away all the party's weapons and armor while they're jailed; I've never been to prison, but I just naturally assume they do that in the real world. I just guess that never occured to anyone before KOTOR that it would be possible to design a scenario in which this can make sense.

Chrono Trigger can get away with it because it has a brilliantly light-hearted sense of humor. But games like FF2 and FF10, which pride themselves on a more serious tone, that's a plot hole.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Okay, I am reconsidering my weirdness ratings of Tekken 5, because, apparently, it leads into the beginning of Mobile Suit Gundam. This is rapidly approaching Soul Calibur levels of weird.

On a sad note, Paul dies when the Zeon drop his colony on Australia. D: Let's have a moment of silence...

The only thing weird about soul calibur is yoshimitsu. The rest is just some fantasy nonsense.

What I do find weird is that there are some moves which literally stabs a person in the stomach and yet seems to only deal an average amount of damage.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    They made up for it be having all their games be generally easy as pie and handing lives out like candy at the same time.

VF2 had the best combos.

Speaking of which, the VF games back then (not sure about now) allowed the fighters to jump ridiculously high heights, then fall down extremely slowly, like they had a parachute. Or that feather powerup from Super Mario World. It was so strange.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited May 2009
    It's not like DoA's any less bizarre than Tekken.

7:00 in, they get into a fight because one of them kicks a dinosaur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcN-hT-m_AM

And then the ending is that she makes ninja breakfast.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

The only thing weird about soul calibur is yoshimitsu. The rest is just some fantasy nonsense.

What I do find weird is that there are some moves which literally stabs a person in the stomach and yet seems to only deal an average amount of damage.

Fantasy nonsense can be plenty weird. The fact that Taki, a supposed "ninja", wears what must be the 15th Century World's entire supply of bright-colored spandex on her person is more than weird. And it gets weirder from there.

And that's even overlooking the obvious "how does she even get in it without tearing it?". But she's hardly the first weirdly dressed kunoichi.
    Aroduc wrote: »
    It's not like DoA's any less bizarre than Tekken.

7:00 in, they get into a fight because one of them kicks a dinosaur.

And then the ending is that she makes ninja breakfast.

They, too, are quite weird (though the game as a whole isn't quite as odd, I suppose). Though it does have a giant bio-dome filled with extinct reptiles, there's no boxing panda, kangaroo, or invisible dinosaurs.

For example, this is what happens if you drink too much.

It looks a lot better on the actual disk, regrettably.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Taking out a magazine, replacing it, somehow not losing out on any unspent rounds. I'm afraid instant arithmetical satisfaction requiring bullet teleporting and instant refilling of cartridges and mags is not exactly a priority for arms manufacturers. A HUD I can understand but I can't think of one current FPS that actually has your unspent bullets not returning to the very large and very heavy pool of bullets you carry around.

The most recent game that springs to mind is SWAT 4.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

If I remember correctly, didn't Battlefield 1942 actually have you discard a magazine when you reloaded? I mean, not that it mattered, since there were ammo reload points everywhere and you hardly needed an submachinegun when you could steel a bomber and ram it into your enemy.

Red Orchestra, a game that prides itself on realism, basically has long reload times and animations which, from the third person, you can actually see players taking their magazines, putting them back into their bandoleers, putting a new one in, and if necessary, cocking the hammer (or whatever the term is). Of course, this means you also may end up with a magazine with only 2 bullets in it, since you can't select which magazine you're going to use next. There was an indication of the magazine's weight, however--"light" or "heavy".

Synthesis on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Also, grenades being iffy at a reasonably close distance, even indoors. My knowledge of martial matters and boomy things in general is limited because I didn't exactly savor military service, but one thing I do know is that without decent cover there is no way you can be in an average corridor with an average grenade and not only get fragged silly and deafened - the blast of the damn thing will feel as if a brick wall is passing through you, brick molecules phasing through your own, much softer lattices.

Didn't King Kong do this? This pissed me off because I reload out of habit. It's bad enough I'm surrounded by dinosaurs!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

If I remember correctly, didn't Battlefield 1942 actually have you discard a magazine when you reloaded? I mean, not that it mattered, since there were ammo reload points everywhere and you hardly needed an submachinegun when you could steel a bomber and ram it into your enemy.

Red Orchestra, a game that prides itself on realism, basically has long reload times and animations which, from the third person, you can actually see players taking their magazines, putting them back into their bandoleers, putting a new one in, and if necessary, cocking the hammer (or whatever the term is). Of course, this means you also may end up with a magazine with only 2 bullets in it, since you can't select which magazine you're going to use next. There was an indication of the magazine's weight, however--"light" or "heavy".

The first Call of Duty had this, as does the whole Delta Force series. For some reason, the rest of the COD games dropped this for the pool of ammo. The first COD also had the slightly more realistic health bar, that you couldn't refill

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    In Dead Rising I once disemboweled a man four times, and then successfully convinced him that I had his best interests in mind and would take him to safety.
    I didn't.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I find it extremely amusing that in some FPSes enemies have all these meticulously detailed flinch animations when shot in certain parts, then after the animation ends they return to shooting you as if nothing happened. I'm looking at you, Killzone 2.
    Okay, I've only ever saw videos of it, so I'm not sure if it carried over to the final release.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »

Didn't King Kong do this? This pissed me off because I reload out of habit. It's bad enough I'm surrounded by dinosaurs!

It did, but I loved that so much. I also loved that you had no HUD, and instead Jack told you how many clips he had left. It's always nice to be fighting a pack of raptors and hear, "Only one clip left..." That's when you grab sticks and rocks and go caveman on those mofos.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png