As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How is that even food?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey, I got the room, i'm gonna use it.

stuck a stapler in there once.

and a couple or three barbie dolls.

no, i don't remember why.

and sneaking was simply just because it was fun. It was like.. the opposite of shoplifting or something.

alright, i led a boring adolescense.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    pinenut_canarypinenut_canary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sneaking never seemed necessary to me. It's not like they have the right to inspect your bag or pockets.

My roommate and I went to go watch Hot Fuzz, and as we were paying for our tickets, the guy ahead of us wasn't allowed in because he literally had a grocery bag full of taco bell. He threw a fit and started yelling, but they still wouldn't let him in. So he sat there and ate 5 pounds of taco bell in 10 minutes and got in time for the beginning of the showing.

pinenut_canary on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Sneaking never seemed necessary to me. It's not like they have the right to inspect your bag or pockets.

My roommate and I went to go watch Hot Fuzz, and as we were paying for our tickets, the guy ahead of us wasn't allowed in because he literally had a grocery bag full of taco bell. He threw a fit and started yelling, but they still wouldn't let him in. So he sat there and ate 5 pounds of taco bell in 10 minutes and got in time for the beginning of the showing.

And let me guess, as the credits were rolling, he exploded.

Rust on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The theater near where I work sells $2 Nathan's Hot Dogs and has a full ice cream shop in it. The "artsy" side of it (mostly limited release movies, 'only in New York and LA' except we're in a Chicago suburb and we still get them suckers!) has a full bar and pool tables. Sooooo....

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Duffel wrote: »
    Fruit flavored licorice. They're not great, but at least they're better than licorice.

Personally, my candy of choice is Sour Patch Kids.
    "Better than licorice" is akin to saying "better than someone putting your balls in a vice".

Yeah, it may be true, but...

I always see Twizzlers at the concession stand at movie theaters and I wonder who actually buys them.

"Sir, I would like to buy some overpriced candies ... hmmm ... give me the strawberry flavored wax straws. I oh so hate Nestle Crunch, Sour Patch Kids, Raisinets, and Sweet Tarts and would prefer a $4 bag of horrible Twizzlers."

There is nothing better than a slushy with some Red Vines (NOT Twizzlers). Bite off the ends of the Red Vine, stick it in the slushy and suck. Edible straw. After you get your bit of slushy, you eat the Red Vine. Something about the cold of a slushy that changed Red Vines into pure awesome.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    It's hard for me to imagine anyone buying anything from a concession stand. Theaters are rarely all that far from a mall or supermarket where you can get a whole bag of candy for the price of a theater's box.

Literally just a few yards from the entrance to the theater near where I used to live there is a Candy Shop.

They even have a few theater seats in the store in front of a screen constantly playing Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

All of the theatres in my area let you bring in shit from the stores in the surrounding mall, which really means you can bring in anything, since I doubt they pay attention to what you're bringing in.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That red vine/slushie mix reminded me of something: Oreo straws look awful.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Rust wrote: »

And let me guess, as the credits were rolling, he exploded.

Almost. As the credits were rolling, everyone seated behind him exploded.

pinenut_canary on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh yeah, guys, poutine - it's fucking delicious.

Just had it today in a French Canadian restaurant and this fucker is the best meal from the other dishes I tried - escargot is 2nd best.

patati_patata_poutine_2.JPG

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Poutine is the reason we haven't invaded Canada already.

Take that brown thing off the center though. Ugh.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    What is that brown thing? Olive?

pinenut_canary on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    wait wait, they have French Canadian themed restaurants in America?

I guess when you can get poutine at any A&W, Harvey's, KFC, and McDonalds, something like that would sound surprising.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Decius wrote: »
    wait wait, they have French Canadian themed restaurants in America?

I guess when you can get poutine at any A&W, Harvey's, KFC, and McDonalds, something like that would sound surprising.

It's a French restaurant - but the owner's actually French Canadian.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    The U.S. knows that it could never defeat the super-men who subsist on such a dish.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    The U.S. knows that it could never defeat the super-men who subsist on such a dish.

God help you if a moose finds some in a back alley dumpster.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    logic7logic7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    here y'all... for all Ramen chefs out there. MY Awesome Ramen recipe

awesome_ramen.jpg

throw some ground beef in a skillet. Season it generously with ground cumin, a lot of crushed red pepper, garlic powder, a gang of california or new mexico chili powder (the meat is reddish in color on my plate), a touch of ground clove, sprinkle ground corriander seed on it, black pepper, and salt. mind you, I just fuckin pour these spices in, so I have NO FUCKING CLUE on the correct measurements to get it right... it just seems to happen that way.

at the same time, in another pot, boil water and add ramen noodles (minus the seasoning packet and break up the noodles before throwing them into water).

drain the water completely from the noodles, then throw the ground beef in it and stir completely. Add to it three slices of american cheese (torn into pieces) and throw it all on a plate. Enjoy with a near arctic cold bottle of beer.

eveyr time I make this, my wife will come off of any stupid diet she's on to eat it. she complains 'cause it's sooooo fuckin hot (I don't skimp AT ALL on the crushed pepper), but eats it anyways.

logic7 on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    American Cheese is not food. It is coloured plastic.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think I would rather use real noodles for that instead. And real cheese.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's poor man's gourmet, definitely something I'll try one of these days.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Arthil wrote: »
    It's poor man's gourmet, definitely something I'll try one of these days.

It's not like egg noodles and real cheese are noticeably more expensive than instant and processed.

japan on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Lose the "cheese", add broccoli.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Page- wrote: »
    American Cheese is not food. It is coloured plastic.

Some friends and I were hanging out and playing video games the other night. One of them gets up, comes back with a Kraft cheese single and starts eating it. Straight.

Every one of us were just like "Dude wtf!? That's like taking a Velveeta log and just scarfing down on it!"

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kids with poor/lazy parents sometimes grow up eating a slice of bologna wrapped around a piece of American cheese as a snack.

Nowadays, I'd accuse my parents of child abuse if they tried to serve me that.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    s_86s_86 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -

s_86 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And?

And we were just talking about how processed American cheese isn't really food in the slightest?

I'm so sorry my post failed to entertain you.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    s_86 wrote: »
    All ramen needs is an egg, green onion, and kimchi.
    You're fucking insane. Kimchee? Seriously? That shit ain't food.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    s_86s_86 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -

s_86 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Omeks wrote: »
    And?

And we were just talking about how processed American cheese isn't really food in the slightest?

Exactly. So why the shocked reaction to effectively eating Velveeta? Or eating Velveeta for that matter?

There's nothing wrong with cheese that can be left out in a box for days (or longer) at a time. That's the quintessential food that shouldn't exist by any reasonable measure.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kimchi is all that food should ever be: Tasty, good for you, and cheap as dirt.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    And?

You need to punch it up - The DEVIL serves processed cheese to the DAMNED in the ninth level of Hell for ALL ETERNITY!!

:P

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »
    And?

You need to punch it up - The DEVIL serves processed cheese to the DAMNED in the ninth level of Hell for ALL ETERNITY!!

:P

Well, he did die right after eating it in a fiery explosion, complete with demonic laughing as his headless corpse was dragged down to the depths of Processed Cheese Hell.

Did I not mention that?

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I thought it was implied in your last post.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Really though processed cheese is nasty as hell and eating it by itself turns my stomach too.

Rust on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fruit punch is disgusting to even think about.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fruit punch is disgusting to even think about.

Communist!

Gim on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You can make fruit punch with real fruit. Presumably that wouldn't be as disgusting.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You can make fruit punch with real fruit. Presumably that wouldn't be as disgusting.

I'm hesitant to ask, but what else would you make fruit punch with?

japan on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    japan wrote: »

I'm hesitant to ask, but what else would you make fruit punch with?

HFCS and artificial colours and flavors.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.