As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Previews O' Plenty

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    Briareos wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Previews for DC on Wednseday + Amazons Attack

The JSA preview is just "filler"
    Batman looks nuts. I didn't read it because it looks like something I'll want to take in fully.
    Amazons Attack looks like just another big event.

I notice all those Amazons have two breasts. Aren't they supposed to cut one off to keep it from interfering with their bow strings? Or would that just make the absurdity completely over the top?

"The Greek variant of the name was connected by popular etymology to a- (privative) + mazos, "without breast", connected with an aetiological tradition that Amazons had their right breast cut off or burnt out, so they would be able to use the bow more freely; there is no indication of this practice in works of art, in which the Amazons are always represented with both breasts, although the right is frequently covered."

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Briareos wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Previews for DC on Wednseday + Amazons Attack

The JSA preview is just "filler"
    Batman looks nuts. I didn't read it because it looks like something I'll want to take in fully.
    Amazons Attack looks like just another big event.

I notice all those Amazons have two breasts. Aren't they supposed to cut one off to keep it from interfering with their bow strings? Or would that just make the absurdity completely over the top?

"The Greek variant of the name was connected by popular etymology to a- (privative) + mazos, "without breast", connected with an aetiological tradition that Amazons had their right breast cut off or burnt out, so they would be able to use the bow more freely; there is no indication of this practice in works of art, in which the Amazons are always represented with both breasts, although the right is frequently covered."

I was really just commenting on the absurdity of the concept "Amazons Attack!" :|

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I like the idea of Amazons Attack! as it make perfect sense that they would, at some point, go after man's world.

They live in a Utopian Society, they find our way of life incomprehensible in many ways, they don't trust men, and maybe they see that our society is unfair to women. It was due.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    I like the idea of Amazons Attack! as it make perfect sense that they would, at some point, go after man's world.

They live in a Utopian Society, they find our way of life incomprehensible in many ways, they don't trust men, and maybe they see that our society is unfair to women. It was due.

Plus they're probably still pissed over the OMAC thing.

Furu on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    oh my god next week's batman looks so cool

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Furu wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

Plus they're probably still pissed over the OMAC thing.
    I didn't even read that storyline but yeah, probably.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Preview's up for Amazing Spider-Man #539 over at Newsarama. No text on the pages, but they still look pretty good.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=103175

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Preview's up for Amazing Spider-Man #539 over at Newsarama. No text on the pages, but they still look pretty good.

This is what i like to see. Peter gets pissed so he starts throwing cars at people. Fucking awesome.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

This is what i like to see. Peter gets pissed so he starts throwing cars at people. Fucking awesome.

Maybe someone will remember his wrist spikes, since they remembered his organic webbing.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    The wrist spikes are only there for him to use when he gets really upset and loses control. Their sole purpose is to allow him to unintentionally injure or kill someone in order to fuel his Spidey guilt.

DMAC on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    The wrist spikes are only there for him to use when he gets really upset and loses control. Their sole purpose is to allow him to unintentionally injure or kill someone in order to fuel his Spidey guilt.
    Actually, this is a good explanation for why he is wearing black.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Newsarama posted a preview of Amazing Spider-Man #539, the first issue of the "Back in Black" arc. If those first 5 pages are any indication, it's going to kick some serious ass.

Just for reference, when's the last time Spidey was really pissed off? Because he's looking damn angry in that preview, and it looks like people are in for a world of hurt.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Umm... he seemed pretty pissed when he was pounding Morlun's face into nothingness... then the red eyes, wrist spikes, and webbing of the damned finished him off.

so, this should be fun. Just please... tone down the emo angst a bit... I've always wanted to see Spidey just cut lose...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Umm... he seemed pretty pissed when he was pounding Morlun's face into nothingness... then the red eyes, wrist spikes, and webbing of the damned finished him off.

so, this should be fun. Just please... tone down the emo angst a bit... I've always wanted to see Spidey just cut lose...

Well, it looks like he tosses a Jeep at someone. That seems like cutting loose.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    "WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN"

If I had a dime for every time I've seen those words in relation to a comic book, I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Apparentlly there's a preview for the One More Day story in the newest Wizard. Someone on the Newsarama boards wrote up what occured so I suppose you could call this a text-only preview.
    This looks to be a good storyline that starts in Amazing 544. In the preview Aunt May is still in the hospital and Peter(still a fugative) goes to Stark Tower and to tell Tony that the least he can do is make sure Aunt May is taken care of after everything Stark has put Peter's family through. Peter feels Tony atleast owes him that much. Tony(in Iron Man suit) grabs Peter and flies out the window with him. Peter webs up Tony's jet boots and they free fall,Tony routes all of his power to his repulsor gloves and and fires them at the ground to break their fall. Tony cashes first and Peter Jumps off of him, Tony asks Peter if he has lost his mind he could have killed both of them. Peter tries to explain what he wanted with Tony but before he could Tony tell Peter he was a fool to come back and he's going to arrest him. Tony tries to bluff Peter with his repulsor glove but Peter knows it's overheated from breaking their fall. Peter punches Tony in the face and bloodies his fist(you can see the blood on Peter's fist and Tony's helmut), Tony uses something called the Uni-Beam at maximum power. Basically he's trying to blind Peter so Peter lets the webbing loose. He thinks he's always wondered what would happen if he let loose and didn't hold anything back since his webbing went internal...........WELL THE LAST PANEL SHOWS IRON MAN ALL WEBBED UP AND UNABLE TO MOVE!!! It's a sweet panel. All Peter could say is......wow.....

If anyone can confirm this with their own copy of Wizard, that'd be pretty cool.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    God damn, that sounds fucking awesome. We've all been waiting to see Tony get his shit handled by Spidey. I'm glad I started a subscription to ASM. :^:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Newsarama posted a preview of Amazing Spider-Man #539, the first issue of the "Back in Black" arc. If those first 5 pages are any indication, it's going to kick some serious ass.

Just for reference, when's the last time Spidey was really pissed off? Because he's looking damn angry in that preview, and it looks like people are in for a world of hurt.

People always joke about "lol Spidey getting pissed" like it's some joke.
    No.
    Seriously.
    He will fucking kill you if you hurt his loved ones.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    DC previews are up at Newsarama for JLA, Detective Comics, Shazam: MSE, Scalped, and Y: The Last Man.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/mar07/previews/mar7th.html

Owenashi on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow...

I'm afraid of this new spiderman, has there been any issues where we see the full extent of his powers?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

More info plz.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Apparentlly there's a preview for the One More Day story in the newest Wizard. Someone on the Newsarama boards wrote up what occured so I suppose you could call this a text-only preview.
    This looks to be a good storyline that starts in Amazing 544. In the preview Aunt May is still in the hospital and Peter(still a fugative) goes to Stark Tower and to tell Tony that the least he can do is make sure Aunt May is taken care of after everything Stark has put Peter's family through. Peter feels Tony atleast owes him that much. Tony(in Iron Man suit) grabs Peter and flies out the window with him. Peter webs up Tony's jet boots and they free fall,Tony routes all of his power to his repulsor gloves and and fires them at the ground to break their fall. Tony cashes first and Peter Jumps off of him, Tony asks Peter if he has lost his mind he could have killed both of them. Peter tries to explain what he wanted with Tony but before he could Tony tell Peter he was a fool to come back and he's going to arrest him. Tony tries to bluff Peter with his repulsor glove but Peter knows it's overheated from breaking their fall. Peter punches Tony in the face and bloodies his fist(you can see the blood on Peter's fist and Tony's helmut), Tony uses something called the Uni-Beam at maximum power. Basically he's trying to blind Peter so Peter lets the webbing loose. He thinks he's always wondered what would happen if he let loose and didn't hold anything back since his webbing went internal...........WELL THE LAST PANEL SHOWS IRON MAN ALL WEBBED UP AND UNABLE TO MOVE!!! It's a sweet panel. All Peter could say is......wow.....

If anyone can confirm this with their own copy of Wizard, that'd be pretty cool.

This thread is useless without pics!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Heatwave wrote: »

This thread is useless without pics!

Ask and ye shall recieve, thanks to checking up on the same thread where I found the original OMD text-preview. Pain in the rear to copy and bring up here though thanks to the guy who put it up there scanning each panel individually. Dropped in the spoiler-box!
    OMD-1.jpg
    OMD-2.jpg
    OMD-3.jpg
    OMD-4.jpg
    OMD-5.jpgOMD-6.jpg
    OMD-7.jpg
    OMD-8.jpg
    OMD-9.jpg
    OMD-9a.jpg
    OMD-10.jpg
    OMD-11.jpg
    OMD-12.jpg
    OMD-13.jpg
    OMD-14.jpg
    OMD-15.jpg
    OMD-16.jpg
    OMD-17.jpg
    OMD-18.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    HOLY SHIT, that is friggin amazing

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fuck yeah

Furu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Man, I'm so glad I started a subscription to ASM. :^: :^: :^:

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    fapfapfapfap

so much for extremis...

(Edit: Don't get my fapping wrong. I've still got a massive boner for Iron man)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I guess they are waiting for something even bigger for him to pop the spikes. Or they are saying that even in complete anger Peter has more self control and honor then Tony does, so that even when he is bunching in the face he is still holding back.

Pop the spikes! Pop the spikes!

graizur on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007

Spectacular

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Spectacular
    Astonishing

wait shit.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

Spectacular
    Astonishing

wait shit.

Friendly Neighborhood

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Spectacular
    Astonishing

wait shit.

Friendly Neighborhood
    Probably The Best Super-Hero Comic in The Universe

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Spectacular
    Astonishing

wait shit.

Friendly Neighborhood

Dark Knight Returns

I don't get it.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Spectacular
    Astonishing

wait shit.

Friendly Neighborhood

Dark Knight Returns

I don't get it.

You're doing it wrong.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

More info plz.

Quoted for great confusion.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

More info plz.

Quoted for great confusion.

I'm going to spoiler this, but it is just the final fight scene between Pete and Morlun in "the Other" storyline... basically the last good part of that series.
    It happened during the Other story line... when Peter was in the hospital after getting his ass kicked by Morlun... you know, that immortal guy who devoured animal totems that Spidey and Ezikeal (however you spell that...) barely defeated some time back...

Anyway, Spidey gets his ass kicked and his eye plucked out, he's in the hospital when Morlun comes to finish him off. MJ is there and trys to protect Pete... Morlun breaks her arm, then goes to finish her off. This is when Spidey goes completely bad-ass... the wrist spikes come out for the first time, he grows fangs, got red eyes... he jumps on Morlun, wraps him in webbing and... I think he uh... eats him or something. maybe the webbing does it, but Morlun dies. Then Pete dies, and the Other story line continues.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

You're doing it wrong.

Oh I get it now...

Justice Society of America

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wizard put up a special preview for X-Men #200's cover, a nice double-length one drawn by CW's David Finch. Can you name all the X-Men shown?

X-Men200color.jpg

Link to the preview at Wizard's site follows.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/003777853.cfm

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Newsarama had an interview with Cory Walker, who is doing a couple of issues of Irredeemable Ant-Man, and they had preview pics. These are from the issue where Eric is going to be peeping on Ms. Marvel.

My personal favorite :winky: :^:

antman_007_012inks.jpg

wwtMask on
  • Options
    OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    HE DOESN'T HAVE TO TALK TO THE FUCKING ARMOR.

JESUS GODDAMN CHRIST, EVERYONE, STOP FUCKING WRITING IRON MAN TALKING TO THE FUCKING ARMOR, IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING.

pant...pant...pant...

STOP IT.

Oolong on
This discussion has been closed.