As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC] PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Summer Edition

• SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok, this is a preliminary post, for a camping/fishing trip I'm gonna start planning.

I'm thinking end of July, give us plenty of time to plan. Date is quite flexible, and suggestions welcome!

If you are intrested, lemme know here, or PM me, and I'll start a list.

Also, if you have any camping or fishing equipment and such, PM me with what you are willing to contribute, so I can start a list of that as well.

If this all works out, it could be damned fun!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Snickers wrote: »
    Ok, this is a preliminary post, for a camping/fishing trip I'm gonna start planning.

I'm thinking end of July, give us plenty of time to plan. Date is quite flexible, and suggestions welcome!

Also, if you have any camping or fishing equipment and such, PM me with what you are willing to contribute, so I can start a list of that as well.

This sounds amazing, I don't know for sure if I can go, but I'm very interested :3

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There are a few fun arts & crafts fairs coming up for those who love the street vendor events.

June 6th is the Punk Rock Flea Market in Belltown: $1 to get in, proceeds to go low income housing. Booze, booths, and live music.

July 24-25th is the Bellevue Arts & Crafts Fair: this takes up a good chunk of downtown, mostly around Bellevue Square and extending east. I'll bring this up again when July rolls around. Parking is tough but there is plenty of space on my street over the weekend, within walking distance of the fair.

August 15-16th is Seattle Hempfest: Yeah, exactly what it sounds like.

Loooove Seattle in the summer. So much to do. :D

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I'm going to this for sure :). The only days I'm busy in July as of right now are in the first couple of weeks, so after that, whenever works best.

I unfortunately am a newb at camping/fishing as well... so no fishing pole or camping gear on my end. Doesn't mean I couldn't get it though. Just let me know what I would need to get as I have no freaking idea beyond the obvious.

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
    edited May 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    There are a few fun arts & crafts fairs coming up for those who love the street vendor events.

June 6th is the Punk Rock Flea Market in Belltown: $1 to get in, proceeds to go low income housing. Booze, booths, and live music.

July 24-25th is the Bellevue Arts & Crafts Fair: this takes up a good chunk of downtown, mostly around Bellevue Square and extending east. I'll bring this up again when July rolls around. Parking is tough but there is plenty of space on my street over the weekend, within walking distance of the fair.

August 15-16th is Seattle Hempfest: Yeah, exactly what it sounds like.

Loooove Seattle in the summer. So much to do. :D

Well, I'll certainly come to the June 6th event. After that, I'll say yes and hope that's how it goes :)

The DIMD on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I may be up for a camping/fishing trip, I've been wanting to go camping and play D&D for a while... :D

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As much as i loooooove fishing, i hate fishing. Stupid childhood...

Azazel on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The boy and I will be at both the June 20th and July 4th gatherings.

What time does the 20th thing at Golden Gardens start since that is the same day as the Fremont Solstice Parade?

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yes, it's the same day as the Solstice Parade. But the parade starts early-ish.

I might be down for camping/fishing with more details. My parents are big on camping, so I could contribute quite a bit probably.

eye-shuh on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I was thinking a start time of noon for lunch till wheneer we want to leave

Im going to be there since like 8am though to snag a table (since they are free for all) so if anybody wants help me squat tables in the morning, that would be awesome.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited May 2009
    I could potentially help ya squat tables BR.

Also, anyone have suggestions on where they want to go camping? I've been to the Deception Pass campground, really liked it. Give me options, so that I might plan better! :P

Snickers on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My family used to go camping all over the place when us four kids where younger so I've got some places you could consider.

Wenatchee Confluence Park is a bit of a drive but it's always nice. Right at the junction of the Wenatchee and Colombia rivers. Short drive from Lake Chelan & Leavenworth (bout 30 minutes to the former, 15 to the latter). Biking and fishing are welcome and there's always things to do over there if you know where to look. Daroga isn't a bad choice for camping either if you're over that direction. Battle Ground Lake is pretty nice too.

The State Parks website has a good lot of information on where you can go and what there is to do. It all depends on where exactly it is that you want to go.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Snickers I REALLY want to go to Deception Pass, I hear it's beautiful.

And I'll help squat tables too! I'll bring some cards again!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2009

I used to live within 20min of deception pass :P

Heres some really really old pics from when I was there screwing around with a couple friends on my bday in 2004.
    For some reason we only took pics by the bridge and not down by the park, meh.

BigRed on
    edited May 2009
    I even love the name Deception pass :lol:.

I'm down for anything though... I haven't been camping nor fishing since I was like 10.

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009

Well, I rather liked it myself. Also, the places Quicksnap mentioned were all in Eastern WA, which is a bit much really...

Deception Pass it will be! Now to check how reservations are going to be.

Snickers on
    edited May 2009
    whatever you do make them ASAP, that place fills up quick during the summer...

BigRed on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, I rather liked it myself. Also, the places Quicksnap mentioned were all in Eastern WA, which is a bit much really...
    When you're camping as a kid, you go where ever the hell it is your parents take you. :P

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    edited May 2009
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    When you're camping as a kid, you go where ever the hell it is your parents take you. :P

Heh, oh I understand that, for sure. Grew up in Eastern WA :P

Snickers on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    QuickSnap wrote: »

Heh, oh I understand that, for sure. Grew up in Eastern WA :P

I feel so sorry for the both of you. That's almost as bad as, like, Idaho.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited May 2009
    Where it's illegal to make fun of potatoes!

The DIMD on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    Idaho is a welcome recompense after driving through Montana.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The 4th of July thing sounds amazing.. I'd love to go! :)

MeeOk on
    edited May 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Idaho is a welcome recompense after driving through Montana.

Is it possible there's a state worse than Utah?

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009
    NEWS FLASH:

Planning on doing a Zoo trip / UHF viewing this Saturday. Time could be somewhat flexible, but the earlier everyone would want to get there the better. Weather is supposed to be awesome, so it'd be the perfect. day.

RSVP if ya wanna show up... Also, we'll be needing a place for which to view UHF. Anyone got any ideas?

I know Snifit, myself, and EruditeAphrodite were liking the idea thus far :P

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009
    The DIMD wrote: »
    NEWS FLASH:

Planning on doing a Zoo trip / UHF viewing this Saturday. Time could be somewhat flexible, but the earlier everyone would want to get there the better. Weather is supposed to be awesome, so it'd be the perfect. day.

RSVP if ya wanna show up... Also, we'll be needing a place for which to view UHF. Anyone got any ideas?

Totally gonna DO THIS! :P

Snickers on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh Yeah, I'm totally over this.
    I have to take the bus, but it shouldn't be a problem.
    I also have a place to stay right on capitol hill, so time constraints are no longer an issue.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    NEWS FLASH:

Liger and I can do Zoo early saturday, but we have plans late afternoon so we'll have to pass on UHF. I've never been to Woodland Park Zoo so I'm really excited about this! Also, cwknight may be able to get some or all of us in with his sweet work hookups! He is working that day.

"You found the marble in the oatmeal! You get to drink from ... THE FIREHOSE!"

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Aww, I can't do the get together this Saturday cause of moving stuff. Ah well, next time!

MeeOk on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm down for Deception Pass, it's been a while since I've been there.

My D&D group is planning a trip there too within the next couple months, for something like camping crossed with D&D. Don't ask, but I think it will be interesting. :D

Also, Eastern WA isn't all bad, just depends on where you are. Wenatchee sucks, but Chelan is cool, and Crescent Bar is a pretty badass resort.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I know how you all love drinking beer and blowing stuff up... so I present to you the totally epic 4th of July extravaganza!!!

What: an annual event celebrating explosives and cherry pie. I think there may have been something else important too, not sure...
    Where: my parent's backyard in Tacoma
    When: the 4th of July, duh. I'm thinking festivities will start around 4-5
    What to bring: some kind of food (this will be organized later), $5-7 to cover cost of beer (we're getting kegs), anything else you want to bring!

The details are still being worked out, but if you want to come, please let me know! I'll make up a list.

Parking is still being worked out, but the more people that carpool, the more people we'll be able to fit in. Right now the limit looks like it'll be ... well... it's a high number... but I'm not going to tell you what it is, because I don't want this to get too out of hand :P

Also, we're going to have to make this a 21+ event. My advisers have told me that this is the best course of action, especially if my intolerant cantankerous neighbors call the cops on us. I can't afford fines for underage drinking, not to mention the fireworks.

I'm also going to work on getting a screen and projector so we can play Rock Band, Castle Crashers, etc. outside. And there will probably be a bonfire, so there will be marshmallows! And we're going to give s'mores to the Aussie, since apparently Australians are deprived of the glory that is s'mores. There will be room for tents if people want to crash for the night and not drive home, but you have to bring your own. Or of course you could always sleep in your car. ;)

More information and logistics to follow!

MetaverseNomad on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    4th of July goodness

Are we still able to crash there in tents?

I'm so there.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think I might just have to plan for that Nomad! My fellow LAN people want to plan our next one that weekend, but I'll try and get it changed.

I live in Everett, but I drive a truck that can easily sit 6 people so I can help out with car pooling.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Also, we're going to have to make this a 21+ event.

oh noooo

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited May 2009
    I know how you all love drinking beer and blowing stuff up... so I present to you the totally epic 4th of July extravaganza!!!

What: an annual event celebrating explosives and cherry pie. I think there may have been something else important too, not sure...
    Where: my parent's backyard in Tacoma
    When: the 4th of July, duh. I'm thinking festivities will start around 4-5
    What to bring: some kind of food (this will be organized later), $5-7 to cover cost of beer (we're getting kegs), anything else you want to bring!

The details are still being worked out, but if you want to come, please let me know! I'll make up a list.

Parking is still being worked out, but the more people that carpool, the more people we'll be able to fit in. Right now the limit looks like it'll be ... well... it's a high number... but I'm not going to tell you what it is, because I don't want this to get too out of hand :P

Also, we're going to have to make this a 21+ event. My advisers have told me that this is the best course of action, especially if my intolerant cantankerous neighbors call the cops on us. I can't afford fines for underage drinking, not to mention the fireworks.

I'm also going to work on getting a screen and projector so we can play Rock Band, Castle Crashers, etc. outside. And there will probably be a bonfire, so there will be marshmallows! And we're going to give s'mores to the Aussie, since apparently Australians are deprived of the glory that is s'mores. There will be room for tents if people want to crash for the night and not drive home, but you have to bring your own. Or of course you could always sleep in your car. ;)

I'm there and am going to attempt to not be gagged with socks.

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009
    Accalon wrote: »
    NEWS FLASH:

Liger and I can do Zoo early saturday, but we have plans late afternoon so we'll have to pass on UHF. I've never been to Woodland Park Zoo so I'm really excited about this! Also, cwknight may be able to get some or all of us in with his sweet work hookups! He is working that day.

"You found the marble in the oatmeal! You get to drink from ... THE FIREHOSE!"

Yay! Well, it looks like there's going to be a bunch of us then. Hardcore :)

The DIMD on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Okay, so if you can actually get a marshmallow near me that i haven't managed to steal, stick on the end of a thin stick, and roast in a fire and eat before you can assemble a s'more, you're on.

also, and this is limed for effect:

I'M SO THERE

/me awaits the inevitable infraction

ashridah on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Count me in for 4th of July too! (And probably Accalon)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm definitely in for the 4th. It sounds like we've got a hell of a day planned already. One with both fire and explosions.

I might be able to join you guys Saturday. Time will tell with that one, but it sounds good.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    So, yeah. I'm coming to this. Thanks to BigRed and anybody else who's pitching in for once again flying me out for July 4th since I'm too broke to do it myself.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.