As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Thread suggestion] How to organize your digital media

FubearFubear Registered User regular
I just wanted to know if this could be posted in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern. And I can't seem to find this forum's suggested thread sub-forum.:|

I ask because it may touch on
2 ) Piracy and emulation :

* These may still be discussed as news issues, but any passing mention to methods, techniques or resources is strictly not allowed. Any violation of the above rule is grounds for immediate banning. Just don't do it.
from that forum's READ ME sticky. As much as I'd like to assume that everyone is as scrupulous as I am*, I am not going to pretend that this is always the case.

* = I only keep back-ups of DVDs I actually own, which I keep in a box (sometimes still even shrink-wrapped). I've had bad luck with losing a CD wallet with my DVDs intact (twice!), so now I'm careful.

Has anyone figured out a system to organize all of their digital media (music, videos, etc.) that they've accrued? I'm talking about how y'all set up folders and the like.

Example:
For my music, I use this system:
M:\Music\Artist name - (YEAR.MONTH) - Album name

So, I end up with:
M:\Music\Modest Mouse - (2004) - Good News For People Who Like Bad News
M:\Music\Modest Mouse - (2007) - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

And for releases in the same year:
M:\Music\MF Doom - (2004.03) - Metal Fingers Presents Special Herbs Vol. 5 & 6
M:\Music\MF Doom - (2004.11) - MM.. Food

How do you organize videos? Let's say you have movies, tv shows and anime or some random crap (like Pirate Baby Cabana Battle 2006 or personal movies made with friends).

Fubear on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If you want to ask about making a thread about something that potentially treads on rules, PM a mod of the forum you want to make the thread in. Also, there is an 80k combined limit for sig/avatar images; 530k is considerably above that.

Thanatos on
This discussion has been closed.